Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925
Default Re: Bengals should trade Dalton and get Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
Your argument is sound.

In Madden 2012.

Here in the real world, a team does not jettison the first rookie QB to ever throw for 20+ touchdowns and win more than 8 games. Here in the real world, a QB that has shown he has ability beyond his years for a QB that is an unknown. In the real world, if an OC and a HC love their QB, they're not going to get a new one just because a heisman QB who can run as fast as a WR is available in the draft.

Do you understand how hard it is to find a successful QB in the draft? Teams like Buffalo, Minnesota, Tennessee, Miami and Cleveland have been looking for years. They have drafted countless prospects only to see them crash and burn. Cincinnati found one franchise QB in one try, why would you throw it away for just another prospect?
But it works in my online franchise whenever a guy is fast and can throw good in Madden

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 974

As stated previously, the Cincinnati Bengals are stuck with Andy Dalton til a season of say 3-13 or 4-12 rears it's common head.

The thought of trading Dalton and the 17th and 21st pick in the 2012 National Football League draft to the the second or third team in this year's draft for Robert Griffin III does not add up in the terms of draft value for the 17th and 21st picks. The 17th and 21st pick will be worth 1500 points at best and the second or third pick would be worth 2700 - 2500 points. I am sure the front office staff of the second and third teams in this years draft would cast a admiring eye on Dalton but his value in this sort of trade is next to worthless.

As state before, the Cincinnati Bengals are stuck with Dalton and his losing ways against above 500 teams and the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburg Steelers. Our only "hope" is a continuation of the promise shown in the 5 game winning streak and not the play exhibited in the games against the Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Houston Texans (both).
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
As stated previously, the Cincinnati Bengals are stuck with Andy Dalton til a season of say 3-13 or 4-12 rears it's common head.

The thought of trading Dalton and the 17th and 21st pick in the 2012 National Football League draft to the the second or third team in this year's draft for Robert Griffin III does not add up in the terms of draft value for the 17th and 21st picks. The 17th and 21st pick will be worth 1500 points at best and the second or third pick would be worth 2700 - 2500 points. I am sure the front office staff of the second and third teams in this years draft would cast a admiring eye on Dalton but his value in this sort of trade is next to worthless.

As state before, the Cincinnati Bengals are stuck with Dalton and his losing ways against above 500 teams and the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburg Steelers. Our only "hope" is a continuation of the promise shown in the 5 game winning streak and not the play exhibited in the games against the Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Houston Texans (both).
How many QBs without top5 defenses made the playoffs their rookie seasons?

How many of them started at least 15 games and threw more tds than ints with a rookie as their #1 receiving option?

How many didn't have a top 10 run game to rely on?

How many had rookie OC's and a shortened off-season?

Find me a link to ONE legit NFL analyst saying they'd give up Dalton for RG3, just one. Please.

Answer the above questions and produce the link or quit posting. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 105

Dalton doesn't have to be the second coming of Peyton Manning.

In the end the question you have to ask is "Does Andy Dalton have enough potential and talent to lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl?" If you answer that question honestly, I think you would have to say yes off the one season we've watched him.

I'd prefer to keep Dalton(along with 2 first round picks and other picks) than trade picks away to take an unknown.

It's difficult to find QB's. Don't be fooled by the recent success of Rookie QB's. It's still difficult to find QB's that have the talent and potential to lead a team to a Super Bowl. Dalton has that. RGIII may never realize his tremendous potential.

BTW, if you were going to replace Dalton, why not just go after Peyton himself which would cost you NO picks. FWIW I wouldn't do that either and alienate Dalton for 2 year of what Peyton has left, which is unknown right now, tbh.

Last edited by C1ncy4life; 03-08-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_B2S View Post
Dalton will max out as a decent QB. He won't ever be an elite QB. The Bengals should trade him while his stock is at its highest and get RGIII.
Dalton is as elite as he needs to be at this point. With your mind set you would have cut Tom Brady after he sat on the bench for two years or your would have cut Brett Farve because he road the bench in Atlanta or traded Rodgers because he sat behind Farve.

You do not need a first round QB to win a championship in this league.

Brady was a 6th round pick. Montana was a 3rd round pick. Joe Theisman wasn't even drafted, he played in the CFL after starring at Notre Dame. His rights were acquired by the Redskins where he was a punter his first year. Dan Fouts (although he never won a championship) was an elite QB and he was drafted in the 3rd round.Bart Starr was a 17th round pick. Brett Farve was drafted in the 4th round. Jim Plunkett was the first overall pick but was never elite. He still won a championship. Trent Dilfer was the 6th overall pick for Tampa. He was never elite, but won a championship with the Ravens.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 159

Quote:
Dalton will max out as a decent QB. He won't ever be an elite QB. The Bengals should trade him while his stock is at its highest and get RGIII.
Oh I see so trade a guy who has been a winner for his entire college career and draft a qb that has had one good year.Do I see another Akili Smith in the future.Just because he learned to throw some accurate balls this last season doesnt make him a sb qb.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Location: A fantasy world where the Bengals win the Super Bowl every year.
Rep Points: 1765

We have no idea at this point what Andy is capable of. Barely at all. What we have seen has been good. How you missed that is beyond me.

Giants fans were calling for Eli Manning's head when Vince Young was coming out. Or even JaMarcus Russell!! Don't tell me this is different, because Vince Young was a proven winner. RGIII is amazing, but only this year. And Vince Young ended up not being able to do much with all that talent. And Eli Manning has been labeled for years as "average; not good enough; so-on.." Meanwhile, they built a good team around him and he won two rings. I still don't know if he's "elite," but he's certainly making a case.

I guarantee these same three Bengals fans that get on everyone's nerves will still be calling "off with his head!" if we win the Super Bowl this year. Haters... you know.

Get used to this.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 45

There have been 30 qb's taken in the 1st round since 2000. Nine were taken as the #1 overall pick including Vick, Carr, Carson, Eli, Alex Smith, Jamarcus, Stafford, Bradford and Cam. Besides Cam is there any of these that would be/would have been worth 2 1sts and multiple other draft choices? Of the other 21 only Rivers (#4 in 2004) Big Ben (#11 in 2004) might be considered elite. Jury is still out on Matt Ryan (#3 2008), as well as the other qb's taken in 2011. Cam is a freak. They don't come along very often, and the odds are against RGIII being even close to Cams level. All that being said I would rather keep a very good Dalton, along with draft choices in this years and next years draft that we would be forced to give up in a hypothetical RGIII trade. The road to the AFC north is a strong running game and vicious defense. Andy will be just fine at the helm.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 926

Why does this topic still have life?

Greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 791

Quote:
You think that Dalton has elite ability? Well, he doesn't. He'll be a good QB. Matt Hasselback-ish if he's lucky.
Lets sign Ryan Leaf, too. I heard he is available.

ďSo perform and do your job. Thatís what Iím saying.Ē - Adam Jones
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 136

Someone get an admin and just shut this thread down sick of seeing it here, moronic idea is this......
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 200

So...as I was saying.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinbengal101 View Post
Dalton was a huge surprise last year. Only overshadowed by Newton's crazy stats. Cutting him loose at this point would be insane. There's a ton of hype around RG3 and other quarterbacks in this draft. Remember though, Joey Harrington was a Heisman winner... Dalton had a great season last year. Lets add more weapons and help around him and give him a chance to lead the franchise. Kid showed me a lot last year. Why throw him away when there's nothing but upside with him?
I agree with you man, other than Harrington being a heisman winner. There is no RG3 in this draft. The Bengals would not have had a shot in making a deal last year with washington to get him. Andy can develop into a great qb IMO, he def passes the eye ball test
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3245

Your talking about Madden correct?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Quote:
So...as I was saying.
Improved in every category except sacks, and did something that hasn't been done for the Bengals in over 20 years.

Still wrong.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30061

Quote:
And just whet should we give Washington for RG3????

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I bumped this thread to show folks that I called it that Dalton was not going to improve all that much, that he was going to be just a average to good quarterback, and that we should try to trade him while his stock was high to get a QB who was going to a hell of a lot better, RG3.

We're stuck with Average Andy I'm afraid.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Improved in every category except sacks, and did something that hasn't been done for the Bengals in over 20 years.

Still wrong.
Marginal improvements.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1179
Thumbs up Re: Bengals should trade Dalton and get Griffin

Impressive you never backed off when everyone had Dalton as the next comming. Even when they bashed RG3's impact entering the NFL. Impressive Sir.

Last edited by RhodeIslandFan; 01-07-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 395

Quote:
MORON ALERT.....MORON ALERT........MORON ALERT................MORON ALERT

Dude get a clue
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBengal View Post
MORON ALERT.....MORON ALERT........MORON ALERT................MORON ALERT

Dude get a clue
LOL what?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
A two leg milk stool will be much better value . Then a one leged Quarter back ,if he didn,t hurt that leg for life i would be suprised. Cause he needs to run to be good. SOOO no Andy will be alright just get him a cast to work with , second string R B , 2nd or 3rd center , Smith slow RT , Wits , out of position ,make great LG,, Boling and ZIG be better next season . Gresh , either not used right or just little above average , not sure , Can,t throw Andy out with the dishwater just yet ,,, I,M ROOTEN FOR HIM ..............