Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035
Default Re: 5.72 yards a carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Yep thats right. The Law firm and the O Line was making it happen

We can talk all we want about Andy but if the defense knows we are passing what chance does he have? Whit and the boys were ready to maul and Jay wanted to impress someone for a HC job.

Even when we were down in the 4th quarter we should have run the clock down with the rushing game aqnd scored a TD. Bengals did not, Jay wanted to throw the ball into cover 2.
I agree we should have ran it more, but like the past few games we would get a good run or two. then the next play we would take a bad sack, bad play or penalty and force us to having to throw in long to-go situations. The past 5 games where we managed 1 offensive TD where we started in our own territory. Time and time again they would manage 1 or 2 good play and follow it up with penalties, sacks or plays for losses stacked upon eachother... 1 step forward 2 steps back for this offense 5 games in a row
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Why are we discussing Jet sweeps and all the other crap when Whit and the Boys were rolling 5+ yards a carry?

Thank you
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanabengalsfan View Post
I watched this game and the whole time I was talking to the TV asking why Andy keeps dropping back to pass when our run game was doing so well. The Texans D was giving us the run the whole game, as we had good success with the run game, but for some reason we insisted on trying to pass. If something works, stick with it., not sure if that is Jay or Marv, but run the ball if it's working, pass the ball if that's working. Not sure who to blame for this, but I wouldn't be overly sad to see one or both gone after today. Not just venting, been a fan for 25 years and tired of seeing wasted talent. Love this team and the guys I'll never meet nor will know my name that I care about. Just frustrated. Cheers, Bengals fans

Not only were we not running the ball we were passing almost all the time out of the shotgun - totally telegraphing our game plan.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
You guys must have not been watching the same game. We did not run the ball effectively. We had a couple good runs, but that was about it. Most of the time we were getting stuffed for about three yards at best. We were continually facing 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 11 because we were not able to pick up much yardage when running
They didn't run the ball twice in a row... ever.

5.72 yards a carry tells me that we ran the ball well. You can't get 20+ yards a carry... but why the hell are you in shotgun on 2nd and 11? RUN.

BJGE should have had 30 carries today. The guy has run for over 1,000 yards this season. RUN.

After the 3rd quarter was over... the offense was on the field a total of 12-13 minutes. TWELVE OR THIRTEEN MINUTES?!?! JJ Watt and Co. spent more time in the locker room during halftime, than they did on the field in 3 quarters.

Brutal.

We need an OC that runs runs runs runs.

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey
Old 01-06-2013, 01:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8451

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
Law Firm ran well but it was Dalton who failed to get the ball to Green in the first half and too many of his throws were off target taking any hopes of catching it in stride out of the equation. Dalton has to improve alot. Maybe we need to replace Boling and Cook because our O-line troubles seem to ceenter on them
It was Grudens game plan. They didn't pass to AJ on purpose.

Yeah. Messed up isn't it?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 286

The drive that ****** me off was our 2nd offensive series we bust a 29 yarder then Andy picks up 3 on a scramble on 2nd and 7 why not run to try and set up 3rd and short. No we run a screen and lose 4 and then cook just let's watts go on 3rd down. Andy was bad today but his October and te didn't do him any favors
Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1010

The eagles can rot in hell.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanabengalsfan View Post
I watched this game and the whole time I was talking to the TV asking why Andy keeps dropping back to pass when our run game was doing so well. The Texans D was giving us the run the whole game, as we had good success with the run game, but for some reason we insisted on trying to pass. If something works, stick with it., not sure if that is Jay or Marv, but run the ball if it's working, pass the ball if that's working. Not sure who to blame for this, but I wouldn't be overly sad to see one or both gone after today. Not just venting, been a fan for 25 years and tired of seeing wasted talent. Love this team and the guys I'll never meet nor will know my name that I care about. Just frustrated. Cheers, Bengals fans
I didn't get that either. We should have run the ball all day. Did we even run the ball on three consecutive plays? That's sad if we didn't and were getting 5.7 yards/carry.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24339
bengals Re: 5.72 yards a carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
Law Firm ran well but it was Dalton who failed to get the ball to Green in the first half and too many of his throws were off target taking any hopes of catching it in stride out of the equation. Dalton has to improve alot. Maybe we need to replace Boling and Cook because our O-line troubles seem to ceenter on them
Hmmm. ....how can throws to a guy not targeted be off? AJ was not targeted in the first half. Yes zero targets in the first half.

What is funny is all the threads stating Andy needs to use other weapons than AJ and now people complaining about going to other targets (this is not aimed at your post).
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24339

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5562 View Post
The drive that ****** me off was our 2nd offensive series we bust a 29 yarder then Andy picks up 3 on a scramble on 2nd and 7 why not run to try and set up 3rd and short. No we run a screen and lose 4 and then cook just let's watts go on 3rd down. Andy was bad today but his October and te didn't do him any favors
Cook did not let Watt go. Leonard was responsible for a double team on Watt. Cook was guiding Watt to the side of the play he should have and Leonard flat missed.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Hmmm. ....how can throws to a guy not targeted be off? AJ was not targeted in the first half. Yes zero targets in the first half.

What is funny is all the threads stating Andy needs to use other weapons than AJ and now people complaining about going to other targets (this is not aimed at your post).

Not to mention the drops by Gresham. But how can one expect Andy to be Mr. accurate when the man only has 2 seconds to throw the ball? And his OC refuses to stick with the hot hand and run thus giving andy a break.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
He had 3 carries for 43 yards in the 1st half...so 8 for 20 in the 2bd half. We couldn't run the ball in the 2bd half.
Okay even following your logic (which I think is flawed because only 8 attempts in an entire half is not committing to running the ball enough to even establish a running game) why only 3 rushes in the first half? when we were averaging 14+ yds. per carry ?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega IV View Post
They didn't run the ball twice in a row... ever.

5.72 yards a carry tells me that we ran the ball well. You can't get 20+ yards a carry... but why the hell are you in shotgun on 2nd and 11? RUN.

BJGE should have had 30 carries today. The guy has run for over 1,000 yards this season. RUN.

After the 3rd quarter was over... the offense was on the field a total of 12-13 minutes. TWELVE OR THIRTEEN MINUTES?!?! JJ Watt and Co. spent more time in the locker room during halftime, than they did on the field in 3 quarters.

Brutal.

We need an OC that runs runs runs runs.
EXACTLY!

I know running it isn't as pretty as these modern pass happy offenses but it balances our attack & works for us,especially with our personnel.

I know Gruden is a former QB & they want Andy to improve in the pass game but you plsy football games to win,especially playoffs. BJGE had 3 carries for 43 yards in the 1st qtr at one point. Why not feed the man??

I love watching a Peyton Manning spread the ball around or AJ Green & Hawkins make spectacular plays. But I just can't comprehend when you have a 1,000+ rusher and he's moving the chains, why you don't continue to hand it off to him!!??
Did we even run it on consecutive plays? I bet BJGE had the most 1st downs.

It's pitiful when you're outscored by the defense,7-6.
I think Gruden is trying to do too much with these guys. Depending on Gresham doesn't work,we don't have a legitimate #2 threat since Sanu went down.
Make plays for AJ,get Hawkins the ball in space & run the ball!
I really think Manning & Brady hand it off more than Dalton as of late.

"When the federal government spends more each year than it collects in tax revenues, it has three choices: It can raise taxes, print money, or borrow money. While these actions may benefit politicians, all three options are bad for average Americans."
-Ron Paul
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -Ron Paul