Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default kyle cook is garbage

get rid of his a**
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 817
Rep Points: 496
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
get rid of his a**
They went away from Robinson and I thought he was one of the reasons our running game took off but heck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
grnvllbuck grnvllbuck is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Greenville, OH
Posts: 585
Rep Points: 290
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

We have two UDFAs at center (is there a reason they were both UDFA's?).....is it coaching or talent?

Please draft Barrett Jones to be our new center....and consider a QB next year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Fan_in_Kettering's Avatar
Fan_in_Kettering Fan_in_Kettering is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 8,131
Rep Points: 27044
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Unlike Kyle Cook, garbage can at least be recycled.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 PM
et2house's Avatar
et2house et2house is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 3,247
Rep Points: 4496
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

See below.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 AM
RandyRoy's Avatar
RandyRoy RandyRoy is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 414
Rep Points: 231
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnvllbuck View Post
We have two UDFAs at center (is there a reason they were both UDFA's?)..

Please draft Barrett Jones to be our new center....and consider a QB next year.
+1
Was seriously going to make a thread about this!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,024
Rep Points: 2718
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnvllbuck View Post
We have two UDFAs at center (is there a reason they were both UDFA's?).....is it coaching or talent?

Please draft Barrett Jones to be our new center....and consider a QB next year.
I could care less where they are drafted. Robinson was playing better then sat the bench as we watched them start Cook.

If Marvin and Jay are both here Cook will be the starter next year, for sure. When a player has started here for 2 years or more they continue to start until they are not on the team anymore. Rey M., Geathers, Peko, Cook.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
khamla's Avatar
khamla khamla is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,473
Rep Points: 3109
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Who are some of the top rated centers in the draft?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,681
Rep Points: 13513
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Mods, sticky plz.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
momadance02's Avatar
momadance02 momadance02 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 7,811
Rep Points: 8278
Default

I can't believe they kept starting him
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
Who are some of the top rated centers in the draft?
Travis Frederick C 6'4 338 Wisc declared and is a 2nd round grade right now. We'd have to take him at 2B as of now to get him.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I could care less where they are drafted. Robinson was playing better then sat the bench as we watched them start Cook.

If Marvin and Jay are both here Cook will be the starter next year, for sure. When a player has started here for 2 years or more they continue to start until they are not on the team anymore. Rey M., Geathers, Peko, Cook.
Well, not really. Look at the teams Robinson started against. We didn't give up a sack in the first Pittsburgh game, but Robinson killed us with low snap after low snap in the shotgun until he was pulled in the 2nd half. Dalton was sacked 5 times in the Denver game. The Giants were doing their typical, "Meh, we don't play in November" routine when we played them. Then we took on juggernaut teams like the Raiders, Cheifs, and Chargers. Was Robinson really playing that much better, or just taking on inferior competition?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Well, not really. Look at the teams Robinson started against. We didn't give up a sack in the first Pittsburgh game, but Robinson killed us with low snap after low snap in the shotgun until he was pulled in the 2nd half. Dalton was sacked 5 times in the Denver game. The Giants were doing their typical, "Meh, we don't play in November" routine when we played them. Then we took on juggernaut teams like the Raiders, Cheifs, and Chargers. Was Robinson really playing that much better, or just taking on inferior competition?
Probably a little of both. We need to draft the Wisconsin Center in the 2nd Rd and start him from day one 6'4 338 he'll be a load in our division.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,434
Rep Points: 44878
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

If a change at C is in order, I would look at FA for the solution.

There needs to be someone who is rock-steady, with solid experience to fit between the youth we have at the G position.

There will be 25 centers eligble in FA this season. Certainly one of them would be good fit here.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
If a change at C is in order, I would look at FA for the solution.

There needs to be someone who is rock-steady, with solid experience to fit between the youth we have at the G position.

There will be 25 centers eligble in FA this season. Certainly one of them would be good fit here.
any of these u want???


Centers:

Todd McClure ATL
Morgan Cox BAL (RFA)
Chris Spencer CHI
Jeff Faine CIN
Phil Costa DAL (RFA)
Dan Koppen DEN
Dylan Gandy DET
Don Muhlbach DET
John Estes JAC (RFA)
Brad Meester JAC
Thomas Gafford KC
Joe Berger MIN
Eric Olsen NO E
Brian De La Puente NO (RFA)
Justin Drescher NO (RFA)
Jim Cordle NYG E
Tanner Purdum NYJ (RFA)
Jon Dorenbos PHI
Greg Warren PIT
Mike Windt SD (RFA)
Clint Gresham SEA (RFA)
Tim Barnes STL E
Andrew Economos TB
Fernando Velasco TEN
Nick Sundberg WAS (RFA)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,434
Rep Points: 44878
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

De le Puenta
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM
coachmcneil71's Avatar
coachmcneil71 coachmcneil71 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tin pan alley!
Posts: 2,605
Rep Points: 8286
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Barret Jones is and will be a stud in the NFL for 10 years as an interior lineman.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
bambino5130's Avatar
bambino5130 bambino5130 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,092
Rep Points: 838
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
get rid of his a**
+Rep from the title of this post alone. Yes he is.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
khamla's Avatar
khamla khamla is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,473
Rep Points: 3109
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

I rather get a rookie Center and have him grow then get a Vet. Dalton and Green are young so we should start young. Is there any kind of cap hit we would take if we cut Cook?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 2,024
Rep Points: 2718
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Well, not really. Look at the teams Robinson started against. We didn't give up a sack in the first Pittsburgh game, but Robinson killed us with low snap after low snap in the shotgun until he was pulled in the 2nd half. Dalton was sacked 5 times in the Denver game. The Giants were doing their typical, "Meh, we don't play in November" routine when we played them. Then we took on juggernaut teams like the Raiders, Cheifs, and Chargers. Was Robinson really playing that much better, or just taking on inferior competition?
The same can be said for the rest of the offense, they looked good against those same teams. Our two options at center were Cook and Robinson, are you really saying that when the O was playing good the best thing to do was to bench the center for a guy that's been out since AUG? If Cook was a good center that would be different or if when he returned and they were rotating he played good. He was good.....at the "watch out!" block.

Like the OP said Cook has been garbage, and was last year too. I guess he is better then the last guy.

I'm all for a top center in the draft, and a RB. Build the running game and the passing game will follow IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 PM
khamla's Avatar
khamla khamla is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,473
Rep Points: 3109
Default Re: kyle cook is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
any of these u want???


Centers:

Todd McClure ATL
Morgan Cox BAL (RFA)
Chris Spencer CHI
Jeff Faine CIN
Phil Costa DAL (RFA)
Dan Koppen DEN
Dylan Gandy DET
Don Muhlbach DET
John Estes JAC (RFA)
Brad Meester JAC
Thomas Gafford KC
Joe Berger MIN
Eric Olsen NO E
Brian De La Puente NO (RFA)
Justin Drescher NO (RFA)
Jim Cordle NYG E
Tanner Purdum NYJ (RFA)
Jon Dorenbos PHI
Greg Warren PIT
Mike Windt SD (RFA)
Clint Gresham SEA (RFA)
Tim Barnes STL E
Andrew Economos TB
Fernando Velasco TEN
Nick Sundberg WAS (RFA)
Exactly and it be a waste! They would only be a 1 year temporary solution, we need to draft one HIGH! Either this year or next year. A 4th rounder isn't going to do it either, i want the BEST center in the draft.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.