Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48787
Default Re: with the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select......

Geno Smith = Akili Smith
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738
Default Re: with the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Geno Smith = Akili Smith

Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
He's the best player in the draft by a wide margin, actually. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Kramer1, all these homers on here will bash you trust me i said we take tavon or stedman and was told jones and sanu are better then either of them, so that shows me its a homer board. This is why the bengals will never win a playoff game, fans accept mediocrity, in turn mike brownbsees this and produces mediocrity and banks on homers. The only reason geno smith had a bad year was the wvu defense ****** so bad it forced him to go to tavon and stedman and other defenses zeroed in on that. Plus they moved to the big 12 a big step up from the big least and wvu had to get up for every game and unlike the big least has teams with good D. Geno had what 5 picks all year to 30 td...... Yes he will be the number 1 pick, he wins 3 more games he wins the heisman, but that wvu defense was bad... And yes he lost to sorrycuse in the pinstripe bowl, well it was cold, snowing, rain, and there went the pass game wvu air raid offense. And the orange ran 2 rb who ran all over the worst D in the ncaa, i watched all season either at milan puskar or on tv and was at the bowl game, geno smith is for real, let the homers have their red rifle, i have been a bengal fan since i was 3 i am 37 now, in wv your either a steeler, brown, or bengal fan, and growing up hating pitt, i chose the bengals, but i follow all wvu players, so where geno goes i am a fan, just like now, i am watching bruce irvin and the seahawks, another player from wv who was bashed and made fun of but pete carroll jump to get him and look at the D they have. I was a big henry fan, and all the homers here bashed him til he died now they all love him. But just my honest opinion, bash me all you want bengal fans, since you all know more about football then anyone. In the end we are all arm chair qb's who have passion for football, but if it makes you happy bash away while i laugh.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 92

Maybe Te'o, or O-line?
I assume Kirkpatrick is ok for next year?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

I want safety or center with the first pick.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbengal View Post
Kramer1, all these homers on here will bash you trust me i said we take tavon or stedman and was told jones and sanu are better then either of them, so that shows me its a homer board. This is why the bengals will never win a playoff game, fans accept mediocrity, in turn mike brownbsees this and produces mediocrity and banks on homers. The only reason geno smith had a bad year was the wvu defense ****** so bad it forced him to go to tavon and stedman and other defenses zeroed in on that. Plus they moved to the big 12 a big step up from the big least and wvu had to get up for every game and unlike the big least has teams with good D. Geno had what 5 picks all year to 30 td...... Yes he will be the number 1 pick, he wins 3 more games he wins the heisman, but that wvu defense was bad... And yes he lost to sorrycuse in the pinstripe bowl, well it was cold, snowing, rain, and there went the pass game wvu air raid offense. And the orange ran 2 rb who ran all over the worst D in the ncaa, i watched all season either at milan puskar or on tv and was at the bowl game, geno smith is for real, let the homers have their red rifle, i have been a bengal fan since i was 3 i am 37 now, in wv your either a steeler, brown, or bengal fan, and growing up hating pitt, i chose the bengals, but i follow all wvu players, so where geno goes i am a fan, just like now, i am watching bruce irvin and the seahawks, another player from wv who was bashed and made fun of but pete carroll jump to get him and look at the D they have. I was a big henry fan, and all the homers here bashed him til he died now they all love him. But just my honest opinion, bash me all you want bengal fans, since you all know more about football then anyone. In the end we are all arm chair qb's who have passion for football, but if it makes you happy bash away while i laugh.
Don't take the opinions of few and generalize it across the whole board. I'd glady take Tavon Austin, he looks to have the capabilities to be a big weapon. I do not believe, however, that Geno will be better than Andy.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
Maybe Te'o, or O-line?
He should be, which will be nice to have.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:28 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91888

Geno Smith = Pat White

Another WVU QB with flashy numbers that will fail in the NFL
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Don't take the opinions of few and generalize it across the whole board. I'd glady take Tavon Austin, he looks to have the capabilities to be a big weapon. I do not believe, however, that Geno will be better than Andy.
Your right, Tavon almost single hand beat oklahoma, if the D makes 1 stop we win because of 1 man Tavon Austin. But you being a sooner fan you seen what I seen and I was there live, that D was so bad. Tavon is a RB, who was switched to WR by Bill Stewart just to get him on the field, but as you saw as well as the entire country, he is a great RB, as well as WR and punt and kick returner.... we could get him at 21, but I see broncos, Ravens, even the steelers taking him. and I see both Tavon and Stedman Bailey coming back to haunt us
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloeHokie View Post
Geno Smith = Pat White

Another WVU QB with flashy numbers that will fail in the NFL
Typical answer from a chokie fan...... Mike Vick, Marcus Vick........ FAIL
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Your right, Tavon almost single hand beat oklahoma, if the D makes 1 stop we win because of 1 man Tavon Austin. But you being a sooner fan you seen what I seen and I was there live, that D was so bad. Tavon is a RB, who was switched to WR by Bill Stewart just to get him on the field, but as you saw as well as the entire country, he is a great RB, as well as WR and punt and kick returner.... we could get him at 21, but I see broncos, Ravens, even the steelers taking him. and I see both Tavon and Stedman Bailey coming back to haunt us
I'm actually not a Sooner fan, though I'm in the heart of Sooner country. I'm an Oregon fan, but I've seen what Tavon is able to do.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48787

Quote:

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Geno Smith is the truth. He's a stud. I wish we had the #1 pick....just as I wished we had it when Cam came out. Oh well...

I'm well aware of the homers here too. It's why I haven't posted much, but i figured screw it...this board needs a little reality check.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

Quote:

Bold #1 - Is that why none of the Big 12 had a top 10 defense?

Bold #2 - Do you think it's never gonna rain/snow when he is playing QB?

Bold #3 - Because he uses Irvin as a pass rusher at LB? That wouldn't exactly workout here.

Quote:
Geno Smith is the truth. He's a stud. I wish we had the #1 pick....just as I wished we had it when Cam came out. Oh well...

I'm well aware of the homers here too. It's why I haven't posted much, but i figured screw it...this board needs a little reality check.
If you want Geno Smith, we can sign Vince Young it's the same player just a different name.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30406

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
Maybe Te'o, or O-line?
Te'o won't be there. They won't go O-line in 1.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2253

Barett Jones x10 he starts right away at center and will also be the #1 backup at LG, RG, and RT. We need to draft Oline 2 out of the first 4 picks. We have absolutely no depth on the interior and we also need to consider a replacement for Whitworth in the next year or 2.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
Bold #1 - Is that why none of the Big 12 had a top 10 defense?

Bold #2 - Do you think it's never gonna rain/snow when he is playing QB?

Bold #3 - Because he uses Irvin as a pass rusher at LB? That wouldn't exactly workout here.

If you want Geno Smith, we can sign Vince Young it's the same player just a different name.
WRONG. Vince Young is an idiot with a Wonderlic score of 6. They guy was a complete freaking moron.

Geno Smith is referred to as a nerd because he studies so much.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54100

Quote:
Kramer1, all these homers on here will bash you trust me i said we take tavon or stedman and was told jones and sanu are better then either of them, so that shows me its a homer board. This is why the bengals will never win a playoff game, fans accept mediocrity, in turn mike brownbsees this and produces mediocrity and banks on homers. .
How the hell does saying that Geno Smith is not the best player in the draft equal being a homer? If you go to Jungle Noise you will see many people saying Dalton is not the answer here, but I'll bet very few of them agree that Geno is the best player in the draft.

Geno is a good player, but I have not seen a single draft ranking service project him to go number one overall in the draft. Yet you two guys from (surprise!) West Vrginia, are saying that he will.

So who are the homers?

BTW I think Geno is a very good NFL prospect, but he will not be the #1 pick in the draft, and QB is not our biggest problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

Quote:
WRONG. Vince Young is an idiot with a Wonderlic score of 6. They guy was a complete freaking moron.

Geno Smith is referred to as a nerd because he studies so much.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Same playing style, both throw off back foot. Neither progress to their second reads.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13542

Do not know who to predict as of yet.

Suspect Maualuga's replacement.

But know who it will not be. Geno Smith.

And WV's Sands should be cut immediately as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13542

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
How the hell does saying that Geno Smith is not the best player in the draft equal being a homer? If you go to Jungle Noise you will see many people saying Dalton is not the answer here, but I'll bet very few of them agree that Geno is the best player in the draft.

Geno is a good player, but I have not seen a single draft ranking service project him to go number one overall in the draft. Yet you two guys from (surprise!) West Vrginia, are saying that he will.

So who are the homers?

BTW I think Geno is a very good NFL prospect, but he will not be the #1 pick in the draft, and QB is not our biggest problem.

Agree
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2980

Quote:
I'd trade our 1st, 2 seconds, and next years 1st to move up and select Geno Smith.
Quote:
Check out these "highlights". Had to mess with you wvbengal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oCe2E9Nuw

If Chip Kelly were to come to the NFL I think he would take a look at Smith, sounds like he's staying at Oregon though.
I only saw one Smith game and that was against a KSU D that got smoked by Oregon and he did not look at all like an top QB. Don't think he is the best player in the draft but who knows, how many people knew about Russell Wilson at this time last year. I would take one of those WR's though.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7694

Seeing as the only place to get a veteran possession WR is Free Agency or trade, the draft should be getting us better OLB talent (as in faster OLBs with actual cover skills). If we had good cover OLBs the whole Texan offensive game plan would have been moot.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Seeing as the only place to get a veteran possession WR is Free Agency or trade, the draft should be getting us better OLB talent (as in faster OLBs with actual cover skills). If we had good cover OLBs the whole Texan offensive game plan would have been moot.
Agreed, and that is coaching. That had to be the eaisest gameplan of the year for the Texans, seeing that a team will not take a player off the field or change what they are doing is coaching 101. Do it till they stop it. IMO Burfict needs to be in his natural spot MLB and get an OLB that can cover. Oh and please no one bring up Moch either.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91888

Quote:
Michael Vick is a fail? Hmmmmmm. He has been a playoff starter and winner. Htalent translated but his mind did not. Tyrod Taylor is another good QB. Where is Pat White? WVU is a awful QB producer. Couch burning morons.

And at least White had a good record. Even college coaches figured him out. 7-6? First round pick? Nooooooooooooooooooooo thanks. Take him desperate teams. And take another Bust

Last edited by CloeHokie; 01-07-2013 at 01:21 AM.