Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 707
Default Coltsfan sure has a lot of bad stuff to say about Marvin Lewis

Especially when the coach of his Colts is a whopping 0-2 in games he's coached this year.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1839
Default Re: Coltsfan sure has a lot of bad stuff to say about Marvin Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Especially when the coach of his Colts is a whopping 0-2 in games he's coached this year.
What coach are you referring to?

Bruce Arians or Chuck Pagano?

Bruce Arians led the Colts most of the year to an 11-5 record and a wild-card playoff game?

Chuck Pagano had Leukemia all season, but when he came back, his Colts beat the crap out of the same Texans team that the Bengals lost to in Indy and knocked the Texans out of the No. 1 seed and a first round-bye?

Those are WINS, ya' idiot. Who's the coach who's 0-2?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
What coach are you referring to?

Bruce Arians or Chuck Pagano?

Bruce Arians led the Colts most of the year to an 11-5 record and a wild-card playoff game?

Chuck Pagano had Leukemia all season, but when he came back, his Colts beat the crap out of the same Texans team that the Bengals lost to in Indy and knocked the Texans out of the No. 1 seed and a first round-bye?

Those are WINS, ya' idiot. Who's the coach who's 0-2?
oops my mistake
1-2
nice .333% winning percentage
i mean if you even wanna count it as a win considering it as a garbage time game
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Oh, and since you started this thread, I may as well say it:

Marvin Lewis is a bad coach. If the Bengals ever want to win in the playoffs, they need to replace him with someone who has a will to win. The team is a reflection of the coach. Marvin has never shown any kind of fire. That's what happens when he knows that he can't be fired no matter how crappy he coaches. NO ONE wants to come to Cincy to coach the Bengals. Because they have to deal with a cheap owner who meddles in everything.

Marvin Lewis is what the economy of the former Soviet Union became. Just like that economy, he's being propped up artificially.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
oops my mistake
1-2
nice .333% winning percentage
i mean if you even wanna count it as a win considering it as a garbage time game
Beating the Texans isn't garbage time.

Your Bengals couldn't do it, could they? Not once... but TWICE!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

I know this is going to raise some hell, but I really think Brown did not give Lebeau enough of a chance. Had they made him a head coach I think the Bengals would be a completely different team.

Last edited by silenetwolf; 01-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17691

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
I know this is going to raise some hell, but I really think Brown did not give Lebeau enough of a chance. Had they made him a head coach I think the Bengals would be a completely different team.
He was head coach of the Bengals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Did Lebeau ask for too much control or money?

That's probably why Mike Brown fired him. Mike Brown wanted a coach that was going to be his "yes man" for years and win just enough games to fill the stadium. That's what Marvin did. He was Mr. 500. Win just enough to fill Mike Brown's wallet.

It's only been just lately that Bengals fans have awoken from their stupor and started doing something about it. But honestly, it was the ultimate rebellion of their franchise QB quitting on them that got most of the movement going. That was super embarassing to Mike Brown and the NFL wanted to see what he was going to do about it. He got Andy Dalton to replace Carson, but as you can see, even with a pro-bowl quality receiver, Dalton's really not the QB everyone thought he was. Palmer may have thrown a lot of Pick 6's, but at least he can throw! Dalton... not so much.

So, there's this magic elixir between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. That's why the only way Marvin is leaving is if he actually quits. He'll never be fired by Mike Brown. Ever. He's one of the few people on this planet that has a job for life, if he wants.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109874

Quote:
Marvin Lewis is what the economy of the former Soviet Union became. Just like that economy, he's being propped up artificially.
Credit where it's due: that's a good line.
Quote:
Being a great coordinator - and he is arguably the best - doesn't mean one would necessarily be a great head coach. It's all speculation on both sides of the argument, so I'll simply state that I believe otherwise.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
He was head coach of the Bengals.
My bad, I thought he was assistant head coach. Thank you for the correction.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
Being a great coordinator - and he is arguably the best - doesn't mean one would necessarily be a great head coach. It's all speculation on both sides of the argument, so I'll simply state that I believe otherwise.
Wasn't Marvin Lewis one of those great coordinators too?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Credit where it's due: that's a good line.

I don't know about that one, his knowledge of the game is probably far better than most. But it is water under the bridge and we will never know one way or the other.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wasn't Marvin Lewis one of those great coordinators too?
Also debatable. He was the coordinator of arguably the greatest defense of all time. Not sure that automatically makes him a great coordinator. He certainly doesn't have the resume that LeBeau does as a DC.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Also debatable. He was the coordinator of arguably the greatest defense of all time. Not sure that automatically makes him a great coordinator. He certainly doesn't have the resume that LeBeau does as a DC.
I don't think any DC would have the resume Lebeau has. Once he retires, who could even come close to accomplishing what he has done.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No, he isn't like LeBeau, I'll grant that. But he supposedly knows how to put the pieces together to put a championship caliber defense. My question is why hasn't he done it?

Zimmer's okay, but his defense is certainly not the 2000 Ravens.

I just think Marvin has gone complacent. He knows his job is secure. He's like that dude in the Post Office that takes 15 minutes to get mail in the back. He knows he'll never get fired no matter how crappy a job he does.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, he isn't like LeBeau, I'll grant that. But he supposedly knows how to put the pieces together to put a championship caliber defense. My question is why hasn't he done it?

I just think Marvin has gone complacent. He knows his job is secure. He's like that dude in the Post Office that takes 15 minutes to get mail in the back. He knows he'll never get fired no matter how crappy a job he does.
I think a better comparison is to a weatherman. No matter how many times he is wrong, he still keeps his job.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3987

Quote:

But the bengal D was pretty good this year (6th). They didn't make the playoffs because of their prolific offense (22nd)lol.

Last edited by Woodley; 01-06-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I think a better comparison is to a weatherman. No matter how many times he is wrong, he still keeps his job.
Yeah but even a crappy weatherman will admit that it's raining when he steps outside and rain falls on him.

In the Bengals game, Marvin knew he had a pro-bowl receiver in AJ Green and yet he didn't even use him the entire FIRST HALF of a playoff game. Thus producing negative passing yards! That's some BAD COACHING, dude!

That's the weatherman stepping outside, getting wet with rain, then going back inside and telling people that it's sunny outside.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Brian Billick was offensive coordinator of one of the best offenses of all time, yet his offenses as a head coach were all average at best. There are so many different variables in play, not the least of which is all the additional responsibilities of a head coach.

Besides, managing a championship caliber defense and building one are two different things. I think most people give Ozzie Newsome credit for that.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
But the bengal D was pretty good this year (6th). They didn't make the playoffs because of their prolific offense (22nd)lol.

That is why I am not giving the Bengals credit for beating the Steelers. The Bengals did not beat the Steelers. If Hall had not jumped that route for a pick six, the Bengals would have lost. That was one of those rare occurrences where one man won the game, period.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Brian Billick was offensive coordinator of one of the best offenses of all time, yet his offenses as a head coach were all average at best. There are so many different variables in play, not the least of which is all the additional responsibilities of a head coach.

Besides, managing a championship caliber defense and building one are two different things. I think most people give Ozzie Newsome credit for that.
Yes but it has some what been given that DC have better success as head coaches rather than OC's. Take Whisenhunt for example, he was a great OC for the Steelers, but as head coach for the Cardinals, he couldn't get it done, and they fired him.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That is why I am not giving the Bengals credit for beating the Steelers. The Bengals did not beat the Steelers. If Hall had not jumped that route for a pick six, the Bengals would have lost. That was one of those rare occurrences where one man won the game, period.
Lame.

All the times Steelers fans rightfully mocked Bengals fans and TJ Houshmandzadeh and other Bengals players for saying they still had the better team after losses to the Steelers and how the Bengals only beat themselves, yet you prove to be no better.

More likely, the truth is you ran your mouth all week before the game and can't man up to give credit to the Bengals for winning a game in the same tough, gritty way the Steelers have won numerous times themselves (including against the Bengals). If you don't want to give them credit, so be it, but don't run your mouth about it. If you won't swallow your pride, at least swallow your words.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Coltsfan sure has a lot of bad stuff to say about Marvin Lewis

Quote:
Isn't that part of football, how many times has your safety jumped the routes for pick sixes, so Pitt didn't actually win those games.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3987

Quote:
You nailed it Wolf...truer words have never been spoken!...er typed.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lame.

All the times Steelers fans rightfully mocked Bengals fans and TJ Houshmandzadeh and other Bengals players for saying they still had the better team after losses to the Steelers and how the Bengals only beat themselves, yet you prove to be no better.

More likely, the truth is you ran your mouth all week before the game and can't man up to give credit to the Bengals for winning a game in the same tough, gritty way the Steelers have won numerous times themselves (including against the Bengals). If you don't want to give them credit, so be it, but don't run your mouth about it. If you won't swallow your pride, at least swallow your words.
No I will man up to it, the final score was 13 -10 Bengals won. But how many TD's did the offense score? I was confident the Steelers would win the game, but I was wrong. That still does not take away the fact that it was Hall that actually won the game. Think about it for a second. The Bengals played the Steelers and scored zero TD's, the same thing happened against the Texans. I will grant you that the Bengal defense did a great job holding the Steelers to only ten points. So I will gladly eat my crow, but the Bengals better figure out what is up with their offense during the off season.