Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182
Default Who can argue with this?

Assumptions: We are lucky enough to keep MJ and Andre. MB extends Atkins until 2041. Sanu or Jones become the 2nd WR. I know some want two RB's but I don't see us losing BJGE. So we draft 1 RB here and let Scott, Peerman and Leonard battle out for third spot on active roster.

1 - Alec Ogletree ILB AL
Can cover a TE or RB out of backfield...novel concept. If Chip Kelley comes to Cleveland this will be a must! Bye Rey.

2a - Barrett Jones C/G/T AL
Luxury pick. When do you not need someone like him? Versatile beyond the football field. He can help in the front office with his Masters in Accounting and 4.0 GPA. (MB is always looking to save money.) May not be the most interesting man in the world, but close. Course of a season a linemen will go down...initially he may come off the bench...by 2nd year he will have a starting spot. Keeping Dalton on his feet and healthy for the length of his time with us. Jones goes a long way to help with that.

2b - Eddie Lacy RB Bama
Already produced in the NFL. Played Georgia in Championship game and produced 181 yards at 20 some carries. That Georgia team has no less then 6 NFL'ers on their starting defense. Size and speed. Immediate upgrade over BJGE. His style fits AFC North.

3 - Baccari Rambo S Georgia
Some will say he will not be available...6 will be taken before him. With charactor issues I don't think it is crazy to think that with five or six taken above him he will be available in 3rd round.

4 - Terry Hawthorne CB IL. See him chase down that MI receiver? What a freak. Hasn't put it all together yet, but is usually the best athlete on the field. Realizes his potential and he will be a quality starter in the NFL.

5a - Devin Taylor DE SC
6'7" 265lbs. Size of our other DE beasts. Maybe we strike gold again. At this point it is worth a short. Perhaps Melvin Ingram was so good because this beast was opposite of him. (Probably not, but again, worth a shot at this point.)

5b - Travis Kelce TE UC
Put the pressure on Gresham. 2013 is make or break year. Personally, I think with pressure he will improve. Kelce will apply pressure to him. Kelce will make an awesome second option.

6a - Marquis Goodwin. Don't label him as a speed return guy...don't sell him short. he could possibly be a complete receiver. Olympian. Whatever flaws he currently has (body control and YAC are not them) he can make up with WORLD CLASS speed.

6b - How the hell would I know?

Last edited by Bengals Fan For Life!; 01-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
Default Re: Who can argue with this?

I like it. IM slowly coming around on Barret. Love lacy tho. very happy you dont have a change of pace tiny little guy in there... there is just no need for one. i could live with this draft nice work
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25303

And we still have no one outside of Geno who gets consistent pressure.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

I'm glad everyone is on board with Ogletree.

I'm still a little skeptical with drafting a lineman with one of our first 4 picks.
Depth is good, but we have other needs to address that early.
However, if we do draft a lineman, I'm glad it's Barrett. Still don't understand why no one in the 1st will take him.

And still not on board with drafting a power back to compliment a power back.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

convenient to use the term consistent being that it is entirely subjective.

I wouldn't trade our DL squad for any in the league. MJ gets pressure. Dunlap will have a year as good as MJ this year. Gilberry has some 6 sacks sharing time. Peko, Sims, Geathers...

Where would you suggest drafting a DL that would have more impact than the current squad?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
Assumptions: We are lucky enough to keep MJ and Andre. MB extends Atkins until 2041. Sanu or Jones become the 2nd WR. I know some want two RB's but I don't see us losing BJGE. So we draft 1 RB here and let Scott, Peerman and Leonard battle out for third spot on active roster.

1 - Alec Ogletree ILB AL
Can cover a TE or RB out of backfield...novel concept. If Chip Kelley comes to Cleveland this will be a must! Bye Rey.

Luxury pick. When do you not need someone like him? Versatile beyond the football field. He can help in the front office with his Masters in Accounting and 4.0 GPA. (MB is always looking to save money.) May not be the most interesting man in the world, but close. Course of a season a linemen will go down...initially he may come off the bench...by 2nd year he will have a starting spot. Keeping Dalton on his feet and healthy for the length of his time with us. Jones goes a long way to help with that.

2b - Eddie Lacy RB Bama
Already produced in the NFL. Played Georgia in Championship game and produced 181 yards at 20 some carries. That Georgia team has no less then 6 NFL'ers on their starting defense. Size and speed. Immediate upgrade over BJGE. His style fits AFC North.

Some will say he will not be available...6 will be taken before him. With charactor issues I don't think it is crazy to think that with five or six taken above him he will be available in 3rd round.

4 - Terry Hawthorne CB IL. See him chase down that MI receiver? What a freak. Hasn't put it all together yet, but is usually the best athlete on the field. Realizes his potential and he will be a quality starter in the NFL.

5a - Devin Taylor DE SC
6'7" 265lbs. Size of our other DE beasts. Maybe we strike gold again. At this point it is worth a short. Perhaps Melvin Ingram was so good because this beast was opposite of him. (Probably not, but again, worth a shot at this point.)

5b - Travis Kelce TE UC
Put the pressure on Gresham. 2013 is make or break year. Personally, I think with pressure he will improve. Kelce will apply pressure to him. Kelce will make an awesome second option.

6a - Marquis Goodwin. Don't label him as a speed return guy...don't sell him short. he could possibly be a complete receiver. Olympian. Whatever flaws he currently has (body control and YAC are not them) he can make up with WORLD CLASS speed.

I just started jotting down some notes and my first 4 picks are the exact same as yours so needless to say i gave up. Good job, would love if it unfolded like this.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
convenient to use the term consistent being that it is entirely subjective.

I wouldn't trade our DL squad for any in the league. MJ gets pressure. Dunlap will have a year as good as MJ this year. Gilberry has some 6 sacks sharing time. Peko, Sims, Geathers...

Where would you suggest drafting a DL that would have more impact than the current squad?
Where was the pressure against the Texans? 0 sacks. 2 QB hits.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330105034

To me, the 1st round pick is basically a luxury pick.

The Bengals really could go any direction in the 1st. I would understand drafting any of the following positions: DE, LB, SS, C, WR2.

I could even understand drafting a RB in the first due to its need.
I could even be persuaded to draft a stud DT to put next to Geno Atkins.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Where was the pressure against the Texans? 0 sacks. 2 QB hits.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330105034

To me, the 1st round pick is basically a luxury pick.

The Bengals really could go any direction in the 1st. I would understand drafting any of the following positions: DE, LB, SS, C, WR2.

I could even understand drafting a RB in the first due to its need.
I could even be persuaded to draft a stud DT to put next to Geno Atkins.
yeah say like Star fell in our laps
Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13710

Quote:

1 - Alec Ogletree ILB AL

2b - Eddie Lacy RB Bama

5a - Devin Taylor DE SC

5b - Travis Kelce TE UC

I like it. Where did the 5b come from?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

comp pick...... kelce is a 3rd rd grade and climbing right now
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499

I like it.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

Texans was one game. Against a line with three probowlers.

This is the the DL Bengals have had in the entire history of their franchise.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 540

I love the draft. It is just like one I did a week ago. If your second round picks are still on the board along with Rambo in the third then it is a no brainer. Fire at will...