Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038
Default Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati

If this kid can become the next Brent Celek he would be a very nice option in round 3,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIK_P5c6c4

I'm beginning to get tired of Gresham and his hot and cold streaks... TE's need to be reliable.

I'd love to grab Kelce in round 3 or 4 and see if motivates Gresham... if it does Kelce and Charles battle for #2 TE.... if it doesn't Gresham can battle both of them for #1/#2 TE.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61
Default Re: Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
If this kid can become the next Brent Celek he would be a very nice option in round 3,

I'm beginning to get tired of Gresham and his hot and cold streaks... TE's need to be reliable.

I'd love to grab Kelce in round 3 or 4 and see if motivates Gresham... if it does Kelce and Charles battle for #2 TE.... if it doesn't Gresham can battle both of them for #1/#2 TE.
I would really like to have Kelce. Like you implied, he's a reliable guy, plus he can block quite well.
Here's Kelce's entire Bowl game (I noticed you had a short clip of it): Travis Kelce 2012, vs Duke in high quality!

Last edited by stknux; 01-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1334

I look around at the playoffs and see a number of productive TEs that Ine3ver even heard of in college. Gresham has been way too inconsistent for a #1 with Pro Bowl rumblings. The guy is guilty of a false start and a drop every game. I'm ready to bring in a kid like Kelce and come free agency time for Gresham and he wants big money he can walk
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I look around at the playoffs and see a number of productive TEs that Ine3ver even heard of in college. Gresham has been way too inconsistent for a #1 with Pro Bowl rumblings. The guy is guilty of a false start and a drop every game. I'm ready to bring in a kid like Kelce and come free agency time for Gresham and he wants big money he can walk
My exact feeling.

Kelce and Charles could become a great duo.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7447

Yes to Kelce.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

If he has a great combine, he may not last to the 85th pick. As much as I like him, I don't think we can spend one of our Round 2 picks on TE.

I'm really not sure what to take first in this draft... Our offense needs an overhaul and I don't know where to start. Is it the Center position?

If you watched the Minnesota/Green Bay game right after ours, you saw open receivers catching the ball on both teams. You watch our game and not a soul looked open. Andy looked befuddled and hurried. Is it poor play design from the OC, or did Baby Hawk and Marvin Jones just get blanketed?

Where to start? What a lame offense in those final few games...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post

Gresham is terrible, just terrible. If would have made a play on a couple of those passes that he dropped the outlook on that game could be much different. Especially the one on the first drive that was for a first down going into their territory. I'd love to draft him there unless theres a steal! or if we could get him with a steal in the 4th that be even better.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalUSCfan View Post
If he has a great combine, he may not last to the 85th pick. As much as I like him, I don't think we can spend one of our Round 2 picks on TE.

I'm really not sure what to take first in this draft... Our offense needs an overhaul and I don't know where to start. Is it the Center position?

If you watched the Minnesota/Green Bay game right after ours, you saw open receivers catching the ball on both teams. You watch our game and not a soul looked open. Andy looked befuddled and hurried. Is it poor play design from the OC, or did Baby Hawk and Marvin Jones just get blanketed?

Where to start? What a lame offense in those final few games...
I really believe 80% of it has to do with OC play calling, and design.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 67

Can't give up on our pro bowl TE so soon
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
Can't give up on our pro bowl TE so soon
He's not a pro bowl TE that's the problem.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9678

I like Kelce, I really do. Right now, he is projected to go in around round 5, but I see his stock rising throughout the time before the draft. But I don't know if the Bengals should get him in the 3rd. There's a lot more needs. I know people are mad at Gresham about the drops, but Gresham still has done well here. Almost has 2,000 yards receiving and is averaging 5 TDs a year.

I honestly am giving Gresham one more year. There are many more dire needs that could be filled in the 3rd round.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I like Kelce, I really do. Right now, he is projected to go in around round 5, but I see his stock rising throughout the time before the draft. But I don't know if the Bengals should get him in the 3rd. There's a lot more needs. I know people are mad at Gresham about the drops, but Gresham still has done well here. Almost has 2,000 yards receiving and is averaging 5 TDs a year.

I honestly am giving Gresham one more year. There are many more dire needs that could be filled in the 3rd round.
CBS has him in the 3rd now.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He's not a pro bowl TE that's the problem.
Caught a couple balls in Hawaii to. Greshams not going anywhere lets face it.