Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Bengal4ever68's Avatar
Bengal4ever68 Bengal4ever68 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,401
Rep Points: 1225
Default Playoff loss Mock

1st RD-C-Barrett Jones-Alabama



2nd RD-OLB-Alec Ogletree-Georgia



2nd RD-RB-Le'Veon Bell-Michigan State (I think his stock will rise)



3rd RD-SS-Dj Swearinger-South Carolina





Only did 3 rounds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 AM
CincyGuy344 CincyGuy344 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 838
Rep Points: 510
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

Love the first 2 I have it flip flopped just cause I think C will fall further but same out come.
I went Lacy in the 2nd but I do like Bell
I hope we grab a S in FA we tried to get Whitner but if not I like this key
Nice mock
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
1st RD-C-Barrett Jones-Alabama



2nd RD-OLB-Alec Ogletree-Georgia



2nd RD-RB-Le'Veon Bell-Michigan State (I think his stock will rise)



3rd RD-SS-Dj Swearinger-South Carolina





Only did 3 rounds.
You have a man crush on Bell. We won't be taking him he's not the type of back we need.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,403
Rep Points: 3335
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
1st RD-C-Barrett Jones-Alabama



2nd RD-OLB-Alec Ogletree-Georgia



2nd RD-RB-Le'Veon Bell-Michigan State (I think his stock will rise)



3rd RD-SS-Dj Swearinger-South Carolina





Only did 3 rounds.
Only pick I would be upset with would be Bell. I too think Lacy is a better overall RB than Bell, or even Montee Ball over Bell if you want the same style of RB. IMO we need more speed in the backfield, and Bell does not offer that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,618
Rep Points: 6698
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

The sad thing is that I think we already have our center on the roster. Why they made the switch back to Cook is beyond me. Hopefully Robinson beats him out in camp.

After watching this season I've come to a realization:

The LB position has completely changed in the NFL. No longer is it vital to have a hammer at any of the spots. In fact, you need speed at every spot. That was apparent in all the games. Stuffing the run is done with the front 4, the linebackers need to be able to tackle, but they need to cover.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
goalpost goalpost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 4,013
Rep Points: 3534
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

I'm gravitating slightly more toward Bell as at least an option. If he has slimmed down some, that helps him in my book. There is some concern about his number of carries....he lead all of college football with 382. But it could also be a compliment that he is capable of that many.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
Rep Points: 5203
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
The sad thing is that I think we already have our center on the roster. Why they made the switch back to Cook is beyond me. Hopefully Robinson beats him out in camp.

After watching this season I've come to a realization:

The LB position has completely changed in the NFL. No longer is it vital to have a hammer at any of the spots. In fact, you need speed at every spot. That was apparent in all the games. Stuffing the run is done with the front 4, the linebackers need to be able to tackle, but they need to cover.
Its why the Seahawks D is so good. Big maulers up front and fast Lb that beat you to the edge.

As to the draft:
I think we would need to take Ogletree first, then Jones. But either way I like the picks. I don't like Bell. I just don't think his style is going to work in the pros. Hes not a fast guy, and not a power runner. He's an odd Brian Leonard type hybrid that I think will get list on a depth chart.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,618
Rep Points: 6698
Default Re: Playoff loss Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Its why the Seahawks D is so good. Big maulers up front and fast Lb that beat you to the edge.

As to the draft:
I think we would need to take Ogletree first, then Jones. But either way I like the picks. I don't like Bell. I just don't think his style is going to work in the pros. Hes not a fast guy, and not a power runner. He's an odd Brian Leonard type hybrid that I think will get list on a depth chart.
I think after having Robinson step in and play very well, there is no way that the team drafts a center in the first round. It would really make no sense. You have 2 guys that have started and played well at times. I think the main issue with Cook is that he came back WAY too early.

I think this offseason will be a success if we can get the following:

2 fast LBs
1 stud S
1 fast WR
1 fast RB

That should make this team much harder to defend and game plan for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.