Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1354
Default Re: with the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
WRONG. Vince Young is an idiot with a Wonderlic score of 6. They guy was a complete freaking moron.

Geno Smith is referred to as a nerd because he studies so much.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Wonderlic is a tell tail? AJ green got a 7.

I dont even know why you guys are talking about geno smith. He will definitly not be a bengal, will not be available at the 21st pick, and we are not and should not move up to get him.

End of discussion. If anybody thinks we have any chance of drafting geno smith they are either a straight homer and duignorant or just straight ignorant.

Anyways im thinking vaccaro or possibly best LB if they are a good value. Doubt we go offensive line in the first again. Doubt MB want 3 first rounders on the OL unless we dont re-sign andre. Also thinking we should grab best RB available in top of second then safety or lb in bottom with whichever we didn't choose in first.

Last edited by 09itsourtime; 01-07-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 419
Default Re: with the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select......

Quote:
I'd trade our 1st, 2 seconds, and next years 1st to move up and select Geno Smith.
Really, I don't think so......
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09itsourtime View Post
Wonderlic is a tell tail? AJ green got a 7.

I dont even know why you guys are talking about geno smith. He will definitly not be a bengal, will not be available at the 21st pick, and we are not and should not move up to get him.

End of discussion. If anybody thinks we have any chance of drafting geno smith they are either a straight homer and duignorant or just straight ignorant.

Anyways im thinking vaccaro or possibly best LB if they are a good value. Doubt we go offensive line in the first again. Doubt MB want 3 first rounders on the OL unless we dont re-sign andre. Also thinking we should grab best RB available in top of second then safety or lb in bottom with whichever we didn't choose in first.
Wonderlic is a pretty good indicator for a QB. A low score usually means low performance in the NFL. I haven't seen too many other positions where it matters.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5654

Quote:
Geno Smith is the truth. He's a stud. I wish we had the #1 pick....just as I wished we had it when Cam came out. Oh well...
Cam? Really? ............
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Quote:
Just because you say it's a bias does not make it true. The QB is the most important player on the team and our current QB is not good enough. Thus, he needs to be replaced.

Geno Smith would be a major upgrade.
it is your bias. Andy needs more weapons have 1 WR and 1 TE (who cant catch) isnt gonna get it done.

With this pick 21st overall.. .Bengals Select... Either a Badass LB or RB

Or DE if MJ isnt retained
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
it is your bias. Andy needs more weapons have 1 WR and 1 TE (who cant catch) isnt gonna get it done.

I'm a Bengals fan that wants to see some freaking playoff victories. This team will not win any playoff games with Andy Dalton.

I realize Geno Smith will not be a Bengal as he will be the #1 overall pick. It's a shame too. He's a freak athlete and will be an instant star just like RG3. Oh well.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Cam? Really? ............
Cam Newton is a star. He can do it all.

What planet do you live on?

I bet you prefer Dalton to Cam, don't you?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25868

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

No RB should be drafted in the first this year. Let alone top 25.
Absolutely none. Huge mistake.

No LB available at 21 would be worth the pick.

Why do people assume DE is only a need if MJ isn't retained?
He isn't that good even if he comes back.
He had quite possibly the worst 10 sack season ever.
He would go 2-3 games without showing up.
Stock pile a few sacks vs a team playing a guy who was retired in 2011 or vs a team down 3 scores with 2 left in the 4th.
Then not show up for 3 games.

Oh yeah, he still cant defend the ******* end around. Killed us week 1 and every team tried it and got it to work to that side.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5654

Quote:
Cam Newton is a star. He can do it all.

What planet do you live on?

I bet you prefer Dalton to Cam, don't you?
I live on one where "the superstar" has yet to have a winning record and has a **** poor attitude.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1082

I would opt for the 21st pick in Walter`s Football mock draft - Sam Montgomery from Louisiana State University.

Our 1st pick (21st) , two seconds (36th and 53rd) and an undefined 2014 first round pick do not have enough points for Kansas City to trade down...hence...the Cincinnati Bengals are "stuck with quarterback Andy Dalton"!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
who or what do they spend the 21st pick of the draft on?
last time we had the 21st we got a TE... That might be a move to consider...

If MJ gets away its a DE

If Andre gets away its an OT

If we keep everyone we want...

Its a RB / S / LB or WR

Im hoping for a LB
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 33

tyler efect or however you spell it? would he be a good pick i mean i cant stand gresham
Old 01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Can't believe I read this whole thread hoping to get some information on people that we would actually draft........
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

Safety, RB, or Center with the first 3 picks.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4256

Quote:
Geno Smith is a stud and a freak athlete. He's a bigger version of RG3. He'll be the #1 pick in the draft.
Wanna bet?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamboy View Post
Can't believe I read this whole thread hoping to get some information on people that we would actually draft........
Giovani Bernard (Running Back) North Carolina - If we decide he is the change of pace and return threat that would take the offense to the next level and fear as I do that he won't last til the 2nd round he could be the pick. I have a feeling he is a guy that everyone has pegged 2nd round right now like Doug Martin at this time last season. If you want a feature back I feel he might be the surest bet to be one.

Alex Okafor (Defensive End) Texas - A player it seemed like might last until the 2nd round also until recently and his phenomenal bowl game. I could see us franchising Michael Johnson and having a really solid rotation at DE again next year with this pick. Other DE's in this spot could be Dion Jordan from Oregon and Ezekial Ansah from BYU.

Eric Reid - (Safety) LSU - Probably a little better Safety prospect than Kenny Vaccaro from Texas and I would try to wait until the 2nd and take either one that might be available since Safety is usually a position where guys slide further than anticipated. Either one of those guys would be a big upgrade to pair with Reggie Nelson for years to come.

Outside Linebacker is another big need especially if/when Burfict becomes MLB this season. However, I think there are more 2nd and 3rd round talents at that position this season. The only person I would have drafted in the 1st Round for that position would have been CJ Mosley from Alabama and he has said he is staying in school another year. Some names to watch for after the 1st round is Khaseem Greene, Sean Porter, Arthur Brown, and Chase Thomas.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

We have too many glaring needs to waste by trading away picks for a Risky QB when we have an improving QB going into his 3rd year. We need a SS, HB, LB, CB,WR
Bengals fan since October 1, 1991 ironically the same day I was born. In what will soon be 23 years of living on this earth I have yet to see a Bengals playoff win. WHO DEY 2014-15 The year of Stripes!!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118
bengals Re: with the 21st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Giovani Bernard (Running Back) North Carolina - If we decide he is the change of pace and return threat that would take the offense to the next level and fear as I do that he won't last til the 2nd round he could be the pick. I have a feeling he is a guy that everyone has pegged 2nd round right now like Doug Martin at this time last season. If you want a feature back I feel he might be the surest bet to be one.

Alex Okafor (Defensive End) Texas - A player it seemed like might last until the 2nd round also until recently and his phenomenal bowl game. I could see us franchising Michael Johnson and having a really solid rotation at DE again next year with this pick. Other DE's in this spot could be Dion Jordan from Oregon and Ezekial Ansah from BYU.

Eric Reid - (Safety) LSU - Probably a little better Safety prospect than Kenny Vaccaro from Texas and I would try to wait until the 2nd and take either one that might be available since Safety is usually a position where guys slide further than anticipated. Either one of those guys would be a big upgrade to pair with Reggie Nelson for years to come.

Outside Linebacker is another big need especially if/when Burfict becomes MLB this season. However, I think there are more 2nd and 3rd round talents at that position this season. The only person I would have drafted in the 1st Round for that position would have been CJ Mosley from Alabama and he has said he is staying in school another year. Some names to watch for after the 1st round is Khaseem Greene, Sean Porter, Arthur Brown, and Chase Thomas.
Arthur Brown is a nice player, wouldn't mind picking him up early third day if available.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
I live on one where "the superstar" has yet to have a winning record and has a **** poor attitude.
Cam newton looks to be a coach killer. Hes a big baby...yes he has everything you want from a player at that position and then some, but he only cares about getting attention and being in the spotlight,whether it be negative or positive. But even with that said id still take cam over andy, both r still young and have ALOT of learning to do.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pickens View Post
Arthur Brown is a nice player, wouldn't mind picking him up early third day if available.
He might have outplayed lasting that long this season. Seems like a solid 2nd round guy right now but the good thing is I think we can hold off til the 3rd and still get a good OLB whether it be Brown, Chase Thomas, or Sean Porter at that spot.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan6147 View Post
Wake me up when the ******* contest is over with.

No kidding, get back on subject. Getting tired of hearing all this crap.

I think we need to grab either a S, LB, or OC with the pick. I'm not really sure where all the needs fit in with the overall grades of players but those are our three MAJOR needs right now that could be available with that pick, but that could change with free agency.

Next two pick needs would be RB, and any of the two above we didn't pick, but best player available.

We can really fill a bunch of wholes this year, and we have the cap room to bring in some decent players and pay our own.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29755

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Geno smith was pathetic in his bowl game against a weak Syracuse defense. Curious how this would help the Bengals against real defenses.

They need to draft a S, LB, DE, TE, and RB.
He was not pathetic.....he was the only bright spot the entire game. 19/28 201 yards 2 TD's and 0 picks. 2 sacks for -6 yards. Yeah that *****.

The problem with that game was the 11 penalties for 111 yards and the crpatacular defense giving up 500+ yards and 370 rushing yards, which lead to a 37/23 TOP differential. This has been the story of then entire second half of the year for WVU. No defense, lack of execution, penalties.

Probably the only stats you can hang on Smith is 3rd down efficiency and his fumbles on the two sacks. 0 or 10 on 3rd down - but that's play calling and execution as well. No excuses on the sack/fumbles - he needs to hold on to the ball.

Now, I'm not saying he's going to be the #1 pick or anything, but he'll go in the 1st round to a QB desperate team. The Combine, pro day and the player interviws will matter alot for Geno and I think this is where he'll help his draft stock.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!

Last edited by Stewy; 01-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344

Barrett Jones, if alec ogletree goes to chicago.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

Quote:
Jamarcus Russell was a gifted athlete, but he was also half a ******. That was his downfall.

Geno Smith is referred to as a "nerd." He's a film maniac. This is why he will succeed.
isnt dalton a film freek too?

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&b View Post
for some reason.. he reminds me of Vince Young... no thanks.. QB's like Cam Newton, RGIII, come once in a decade.. no thanks. I'd rather give Mike Vick a try instead..
Cam newton is a subpar QB. he will be replaced in 5 years or less. after a few more 6-10 or worse seasons, he will be gone.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.