Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3534
Default What's best for Andy

A. Add another lineman in front of him.
B. Add another receiver weapon
C. RB help, to lessen his load

Kind of a simple question, but what offensive area would you prioritize most. What would help Andy most?

Last edited by goalpost; 01-08-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: What's best for Andy

I agree with your options.

The Center seemed to be the main issue. The majority of their rushes seemed to shoot threw the middle and Cook was getting beat almost every time. Watt BLEW by Cook countless times. Cook proved yesterday that any money over the league minimum was to much to pay him. Boling and Zeitler play off of the center. That might be why the line was solid when Robinson played, because he was that much better then Cook! Anyone notice Schaubs pocket diameter yesterday? He had a 40 foot pocket diameter. He had ALL DAY yesterday and he could step anywhere he wanted. Why cant we do that?

They need to get a speed / scat back to burst through and take one to the house. Plain and simple. Everyone knows this.

WR is probably the most important option here. There needs to be another threat to pair with AJ. Maybe its Marvin Jones, maybe its someone we pick up in the draft. Who knows. All I know, is when Sanu was playing, this offense was moving.

Offense is a lot worse off then I imagined. Fix it!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10689

Travis Kelce.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2503

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post

Kind of a simple question, but what offensive area would you prioritize most, what would help Andy most?
1. #2 WR - AJ is great, Sanu is a good inside type of guy that was great in the redzone, after that we have no one. Give me T. Williams, Patterson, Woods, Hunter, Hopkins, Wheaton or Hamilton to play at the #2 spot.

2. OC, our OG our young and learning, OT's are fine if we get Smith back but center is average at best and has been for a while. Cook is serviceable and I think some over reacted to when he was put back in but he can and should be upgraded if they think a guy is worth it early. Although I doubt they replace him.

3. TE - Gresham has a few good game a season, plenty of drops and is an average guy. Maybe Orson Charles can fill the role but we dont know yet maybe spend a mid to late round pick on a guy and if Orson doesn't fill the role or Gresham doesn't improve then grab one in 2014.

4. RB - Sure we need a change of pace RB but BJGE hasn't been bad the second half of the season. He has played pretty good and would get a big run here and there. Give me a guy like Jawan Jamison, Gio or maybe even Lacy and Barner. Even if he isnt great he only has 2 years left on his deal and likely wont be brought back.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Im thinking we should draft a center in the 1st..maybe Barrett Jones?.. & then we rely on Wharton to come back at guard and keep Andre for 1 more year. Then draft Le'Veon Bell with our second 2nd round pick. (I think his stock will rise).
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Im thinking we should draft a center in the 1st..maybe Barrett Jones?.. & then we rely on Wharton to come back at guard and keep Andre for 1 more year. Then draft Le'Veon Bell with our second 2nd round pick. (I think his stock will rise).
Why would we replace a promising young OG with an 32 year old OG coming off a major injury? Wharton is the backup G at this point if he isnt released.

Also why draft a player rated to go in round 2 in the first in Jones, if you want Jones then wait until 2a if he is gone look at Travis Frederick at 2b. Use that 1st rounder on someone that is a 1st round guy or maybe someone who has fallen.

As for Bell even if his stock does rise he seems to be more of the same, guy with average speed and good size. If were gonna grab a RB go with a guy that can make people miss or has great speed like a Gio Bernard or Jawan Jamison. There are also a few other pure speed guys like Randle, Barner or Ellington that could be looked at but I just dont think Bell is the type of RB we need.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2980

Quote:

Kind of a simple question, but what offensive area would you prioritize most, what would help Andy most?
A running game, plan and simple. I have said in in other threads CIN needs to be the SF of the AFC so Andy doesn't have to make plays. Build the Oline, get a TE who can block, and another RB. Pick a scheme and stay with it, the offense has no identity and tries to be something that Andy can't provide right now.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
A running game, plan and simple. I have said in in other threads CIN needs to be the SF of the AFC so Andy doesn't have to make plays. Build the Oline, get a TE who can block, and another RB. Pick a scheme and stay with it, the offense has no identity and tries to be something that Andy can't provide right now.
I would have to agree. You're absolutely right in regards to our lack of offensive identity.
He needs a new Center.
He needs a reliable TE who can block (like Travis Kelce).
He needs RB's who can catch the ball out of the backfield.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42881

Quote:

Get him a pair of those blinders that they but on racehorses to keep thier eyes from wandering and becoming jumpy and losing focus.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

The bottom line is that this offense needs more weapons. Defenses do not have to game plan for anyone other than AJ.

We need a legit field stretcher at WR to put on the other side of AJ. I think we can probably get this guy in the 2nd round.

We need a legit home run threat running the ball. We can probably also get this guy in the 2nd round.

I still think we need to get a LG. Sure, PFF grades Boling out pretty well, but this line stunk giving up a ton of sacks. I think Robinson will be the guy at C next year.

Better line play, speed at the skill positions and another year of experience is the best thing for Andy.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5203

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.*

Wait...wait.. That's what is best for Conan.

For Andy I would say a center who can anchor the line and a TE who can be his panic button and catch anything, and finally a RB who can convert first downs.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.*

Wait...wait.. That's what is best for Conan.
http://youtu.be/Oo9buo9Mtos
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

O-line depth if not replacements.