Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10234
Default Wolf's End Of Season Mock

1: Alec Ogletree, ILB:
The Cincinnati Bengals need linebacker help. Mauauluga just needs to go, as does Manny Lawson. We also aren't too sure how Howard will look while coming back from an injury. Ogletree is a very good linebacker, and very good in coverage. He is a converted safety, and he has a high motor. He hustles to the ball and has a projected 40 time of 4.6. Ogletree would be an immediate starter and would have a good impact on this defense. This defense lacks a leader. Yes, Geno Atkins is the best of this defense, but there needs to be someone to step into the leadership role, enter in Ogletree. The Bengals get a LB that can help them out in coverage finally. Ogletree is great with instincts and would help impact this defense in a good way.

2A: Giovani Bernard, RB:
The Bengals need an upgrade in the RB position. Bernard is exactly that. He is quick, elusive, and would definitely be the speed back the Bengals have been looking for. He missed two games this season, but still ranked 11th in the nation with a 122.8 yards per game. He also has a league best 19 TDs this season (12 rushing, 5 receiving, 2 punt returns). He allows the Bengals to get rid of Tate and have someone return kicks. Bernard has a very high ceiling, and has a chance of increasing his stock at the combine. Also, he wouldn't have to start right away his rookie season. He could sit behind the Lawfirm for a year, learn, and be a change of pace back for a time period. But this guy is our future at RB, and rightfully so.

2B: Bacarri Rambo, S:
Bacarri Rambo is the ball-hawking safety the Bengals defense needs. We have seen a lot of dropped INTs this season, and Rambo does not do that. He is versatile enough to play opposite of Nelson in the safety position, and would add another dynamic to Zimmer's defense. Rambo is also very good friends with AJ Green, so I would not be worried about any of the red flags Rambo has. Rambo is very instinctive, and has even come up big in big time matchups (watch the Florida game). Rambo was also arguably the best safety coming out of last year's draft, but decided to stay another year. Red flags (which are minor IMO) have dropped his stock, but still a great player.

3: Sean Porter, OLB:
Another linebacker? Yes. Sean Porter played a lot more coverage this year, and was pretty decent with it. He is a much better pass rusher, but they changed up defenses this year. Porter has shown he can be versatile in the LB corp. He's very underrated, but if you watch him play, he actually is quite solid. Would help this team out in coverage very well, but also adds a great dynamic in pass rushing. Many people want Greene (as do I), but I don't see him falling. Porter is most likely the best OLB right now.

4: Duke Williams, S:
Another safety? What? Hear me out. Clements is not a safety, Mays has not impressed at all, Sands should be gone. That leaves Nelson, Miles, Rambo, and Iloka. Williams is a solid safety, and his best asset is down the field coverage, something we need in today's game. Especially with speed receivers in Gordon, Wallace, Brown, and Smith. Williams could be a passing situational player, but still serves a good purpose in doing so.

5: Josh Boyce, WR:
Boyce would be a nice pick right here. He played with Dalton in TCU, so some chemistry there. Also, Boyce has been solid in production during his time in TCU. Did well against a West Virginia team as well. Boyce takes over a vacant WR spot when Tate is gone.

6A. Michael Williams, TE:
Bengals get a good blocking TE in Williams. Probably BPA at this point, and could compete to be on this roster.

6B: Brandon McGee, CB:
Bring him in and see what he can do. He has some decent talent, just very inconsistent.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13223
Default Re: Wolf's End Of Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
1: Alec Ogletree, ILB:
The Cincinnati Bengals need linebacker help. Mauauluga just needs to go, as does Manny Lawson. We also aren't too sure how Howard will look while coming back from an injury. Ogletree is a very good linebacker, and very good in coverage. He is a converted safety, and he has a high motor. He hustles to the ball and has a projected 40 time of 4.6. Ogletree would be an immediate starter and would have a good impact on this defense. This defense lacks a leader. Yes, Geno Atkins is the best of this defense, but there needs to be someone to step into the leadership role, enter in Ogletree. The Bengals get a LB that can help them out in coverage finally. Ogletree is great with instincts and would help impact this defense in a good way.

2A: Giovani Bernard, RB:
The Bengals need an upgrade in the RB position. Bernard is exactly that. He is quick, elusive, and would definitely be the speed back the Bengals have been looking for. He missed two games this season, but still ranked 11th in the nation with a 122.8 yards per game. He also has a league best 19 TDs this season (12 rushing, 5 receiving, 2 punt returns). He allows the Bengals to get rid of Tate and have someone return kicks. Bernard has a very high ceiling, and has a chance of increasing his stock at the combine. Also, he wouldn't have to start right away his rookie season. He could sit behind the Lawfirm for a year, learn, and be a change of pace back for a time period. But this guy is our future at RB, and rightfully so.

2B: Bacarri Rambo, S:
Bacarri Rambo is the ball-hawking safety the Bengals defense needs. We have seen a lot of dropped INTs this season, and Rambo does not do that. He is versatile enough to play opposite of Nelson in the safety position, and would add another dynamic to Zimmer's defense. Rambo is also very good friends with AJ Green, so I would not be worried about any of the red flags Rambo has. Rambo is very instinctive, and has even come up big in big time matchups (watch the Florida game). Rambo was also arguably the best safety coming out of last year's draft, but decided to stay another year. Red flags (which are minor IMO) have dropped his stock, but still a great player.

3: Sean Porter, OLB:
Another linebacker? Yes. Sean Porter played a lot more coverage this year, and was pretty decent with it. He is a much better pass rusher, but they changed up defenses this year. Porter has shown he can be versatile in the LB corp. He's very underrated, but if you watch him play, he actually is quite solid. Would help this team out in coverage very well, but also adds a great dynamic in pass rushing. Many people want Greene (as do I), but I don't see him falling. Porter is most likely the best OLB right now.

4: Duke Williams, S:
Another safety? What? Hear me out. Clements is not a safety, Mays has not impressed at all, Sands should be gone. That leaves Nelson, Miles, Rambo, and Iloka. Williams is a solid safety, and his best asset is down the field coverage, something we need in today's game. Especially with speed receivers in Gordon, Wallace, Brown, and Smith. Williams could be a passing situational player, but still serves a good purpose in doing so.

5: Josh Boyce, WR:
Boyce would be a nice pick right here. He played with Dalton in TCU, so some chemistry there. Also, Boyce has been solid in production during his time in TCU. Did well against a West Virginia team as well. Boyce takes over a vacant WR spot when Tate is gone.

6A. Michael Williams, TE:
Bengals get a good blocking TE in Williams. Probably BPA at this point, and could compete to be on this roster.

6B: Brandon McGee, CB:
Bring him in and see what he can do. He has some decent talent, just very inconsistent.
I think it is pretty damn good. I am struggling (personally, not your mock) with Alec's draft value. I like his potential, and think he is worth it.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

It really is difficult to make a more perfect draft than this
It also gives us a Brandon McGee to go with Brandon Ghee

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2847

Mocks have Rambo going anywhere from late 2nd to late 4th. This is much more realistic, imo. Hard for me not to get on board with this one.

Only difference is I'd look for a backup RT like Xavier Nixon from UF instead of the second Safety. Don't forget we have Iloka and Tony Dye, and really desperate...we have Taylor Mays and Miles (Ok those weren't great examples, but they're not my primary backups.)

Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7137

I love this draft.

Areas of greatest weakness: LB (x2), RB, & S (x2).

LB is a train wreck when it comes to depth.
WILL: Porter/Howard
MIKE: Ogletree/Maualuga
SAM: Burfict/Skuta

S is a train wreck when it comes to depth. Imagine if Reggie Nelson got hurt?!? Even drafting 2 FAs, I think that the Bengals should still add a FA veteran S.
FS: Nelson/Iloka/Williams
SS: Rambo/Mays

WTS, if Barner is available in the 4th, it would be really hard to pass on him.

And I would love somehow to be able to upgrade Roland; he is our worst offensive player. Perhaps with a comp pick, if applicable.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
I think it is pretty damn good. I am struggling (personally, not your mock) with Alec's draft value. I like his potential, and think he is worth it.
I honestly like Alec. I think he has a very good chance at improving his stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
It really is difficult to make a more perfect draft than this
It also gives us a Brandon McGee to go with Brandon Ghee
I actually thought the same thing with those two

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Mocks have Rambo going anywhere from late 2nd to late 4th. This is much more realistic, imo. Hard for me not to get on board with this one.

Only difference is I'd look for a backup RT like Xavier Nixon from UF instead of the second Safety. Don't forget we have Iloka and Tony Dye, and really desperate...we have Taylor Mays and Miles (Ok those weren't great examples, but they're not my primary backups.)
I just worry about the safety position is all. Williams has a good deep ball coverage, and that's why I really like him. But I do like Nixon as well. Either I would be happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I love this draft.

Areas of greatest weakness: LB (x2), RB, & S (x2).

LB is a train wreck when it comes to depth.
WILL: Porter/Howard
MIKE: Ogletree/Maualuga
SAM: Burfict/Skuta

S is a train wreck when it comes to depth. Imagine if Reggie Nelson got hurt?!? Even drafting 2 FAs, I think that the Bengals should still add a FA veteran S.
FS: Nelson/Iloka/Williams
SS: Rambo/Mays

WTS, if Barner is available in the 4th, it would be really hard to pass on him.

And I would love somehow to be able to upgrade Roland; he is our worst offensive player. Perhaps with a comp pick, if applicable.
I have jumped on the Barner bandwagon. I would love him on this team. Although, I'm worried about his stock rising GREATLY because of the combine. I expect him to do very well there.

I don't know where the Bengals would get a comp pick exactly, but RT is a possible need in depth as well.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Love this draft. And yeah, Barner's stock continues to rise.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Love this draft. And yeah, Barner's stock continues to rise.
It does. I definitely like Barner, but he's going higher than the 4th. I could see someone reach for him also

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel: