Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9125
Default Re: Let's talk Running Backs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Lacy.
Complete back.
I agree, and I dont think Gio will make it out of the 1st round. I think a Lacy/ Green Ellis backfield is a pretty good combo, plus Lacy would take over as the primary one day.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5305

So I watched the game last night and after seeing Lacey I went and started watching tape on this guy. The first response most will say is he is playing behind the best O-line in college football or the Wisconsin argument. When you watch him though you see that he never goes down with first contact. He has a very good combination of power and speed and runs through all arm tackles. His spin move is nasty and he always falls forward and he can catch and run out of the backfield.

This guy is a 1st rounder unless a horrible 40 time at the combine or character issues before the draft drop him. I actually like Yeldon better and think he may end up being the better back, but this year with what we have to choose from I think Lacey needs to be the pick for sure. I wouldn't be upset though dropping a late round pick on Stacey as well though just to solidify the position
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
So I watched the game last night and after seeing Lacey I went and started watching tape on this guy. The first response most will say is he is playing behind the best O-line in college football or the Wisconsin argument. When you watch him though you see that he never goes down with first contact. He has a very good combination of power and speed and runs through all arm tackles. His spin move is nasty and he always falls forward and he can catch and run out of the backfield.

This guy is a 1st rounder unless a horrible 40 time at the combine or character issues before the draft drop him. I actually like Yeldon better and think he may end up being the better back, but this year with what we have to choose from I think Lacey needs to be the pick for sure. I wouldn't be upset though dropping a late round pick on Stacey as well though just to solidify the position
Yep!!! If you watched that game last night, how could you not like what you saw with Lacey? I'd love to have him here. And I think Yeldon would be a good pick up too. There are going to be a number of good backs in this draft. We sure as heck better get one of the better ones.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5305

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Yep!!! If you watched that game last night, how could you not like what you saw with Lacey? I'd love to have him here. And I think Yeldon would be a good pick up too. There are going to be a number of good backs in this draft. We sure as heck better get one of the better ones.
Yeldon is only a Freshamn and not draft eligible. I would prefer Yeldon because he is more the outside speed back, but I'd take Lacey for sure.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Yeldon is only a Freshamn and not draft eligible. I would prefer Yeldon because he is more the outside speed back, but I'd take Lacey for sure.
Oh yeah, forgot about that little fact. I'm with you on the outside speed back, That's why I really like Barner. But, how can you pass on Lacey if he is available? I just don't know.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

Lacy proved last night that he is the #1 RB coming out this year, IF he decides to declare. Remember, he hasn't decided if he is coming out or not. His play last night very well could have launched him into the first round. And to be honest, if we could trade down a couple spots and pick up another second or third or fourth, I would do it in a heart beat to grab Lacy.

- Complete back that is patient runner and waits for his hole to open up. When he sees that hole, he explodes through it and is agile enough to make a quick slash and go.

- He is strong enough to throw dudes to the ground (watch last nights game).

-He stays low when contact nears and ALWAYS falls forward because he constantly keeps his feet moving.

- He also has the speed to run off tackle and get around the corner because he did it multiple times last night.

- My favorite attribute about the kid is his vision and balance. He has great feet. Got the juke move, stiff arm and a perfected spin move that he used last night.

- He can catch out of the backfield. Dropped one ball, but no one catches everything thrown to them.

Draft this kid...PLEASE!! He would come in and be the starter from day one. Big, fast and strong. We can still address a scat back later in the draft!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 164

Mike Gillislee is the man and I hope Cincy picks him with 2b. Mike will sky rocket after combine. I'm really hoping somehow Cincy picks up: Gillislee,randle, Dennis Johnson(huge sleeper), and Lattimore UFA. I know this isn't happening and I believe Dennis is diamond but his injury was so bizarre you have to be concerned about drafting him.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

I've been watching Gio for a cpl yrs, as a matter of fact was calling to draft him along with Doug Martin last yr. I'm a huge Gio fan but I like Mike Gillislee better for Cincy. I'll say it first Gio will not be able to stay on the field and that's too bad cause I think he has the potential to be great.

So with that said, gotta say I like S/DE/C in the first round. Teams can get better "value" drafting RBs later. I hope Cincy gets best case by drafting Gillislee in 3rd.

I'd love to pair Gillislee with Randle or Lattimore. Especially if Lattimore is available in later rounds, what a possible steal.

Someone brought up Dennis Johnson. I say Hell Yeah! Johnson is a diamond. The ultimate RBBC would be BJGE,Randle,Gillislee,Johnson(+PR), Connor(F. I'm not a Scott or Perman fan at all, both are garbage. I know Herron is there and I like him but would much rather have D Johnson.

Imagine this draft
1. Elam
2. Barrett Jones
2. DE
3. Gillislee
4 sanders Cummings
5 Michael Williams
6. Lattimore

I'd be nice if Cincy traded back in 1st for a 3rd and pick up Randle or OLB
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2817

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmused View Post
I've been watching Gio for a cpl yrs, as a matter of fact was calling to draft him along with Doug Martin last yr. I'm a huge Gio fan but I like Mike Gillislee better for Cincy. I'll say it first Gio will not be able to stay on the field and that's too bad cause I think he has the potential to be great.

So with that said, gotta say I like S/DE/C in the first round. Teams can get better "value" drafting RBs later. I hope Cincy gets best case by drafting Gillislee in 3rd.

I'd love to pair Gillislee with Randle or Lattimore. Especially if Lattimore is available in later rounds, what a possible steal.

Someone brought up Dennis Johnson. I say Hell Yeah! Johnson is a diamond. The ultimate RBBC would be BJGE,Randle,Gillislee,Johnson(+PR), Connor(F. I'm not a Scott or Perman fan at all, both are garbage. I know Herron is there and I like him but would much rather have D Johnson.

Imagine this draft
1. Elam
2. Barrett Jones
2. DE
3. Gillislee
4 sanders Cummings
5 Michael Williams
6. Lattimore

As much as I would love to have Barret Jones. I do not think we will get him if we don't draft him in the first round. Also, I don't know why everyone wants to draft a DE this year. I wouldn't waste a pick, especially in the 2nd round.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Hopeful, I do believe your right that was a "wish" list for draft. Im positive Gillislee will move up and cincy's 2b should be spent on him. 3rd should be used on bpa OLB (hodges maybe).

I also think it's possible to move back in 1st to pick up an extra 3rd.

As far a running backs I believe a center will be as important a pick. Bc IMO they go hand and hand. Also drafting a solid "versatile"center and RB will have multiple positive affects for cincy's team than drafting a much needed OLB. Dalton's game should see significant improvement with a top center/RB.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 44

Lacy reminds me of lynch
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Bengal fan View Post
Lacy reminds me of lynch
And Lynch is awesome!!! He is probably my favorite back in the NFL right now. I love how he runs over and through people, and won't go down. I really wish we had him.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

I know Lacy is hot coming off his MVP performance last night. I know RB is a need and I think the Bengals need to take 2 RB within their top 4 picks. May seem aggressive but I say Bengals take Lacy with the Raiders pick at the top of the second round. Then I would take Clemson star Andre Ellington in round 3. I think this would give the Bengals a future at the RB position. Plus both would be cheep for the first 3-4 years. Leaving money to resign some talent no risk it on a FA player.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 92

I know he is not as big, but Lacy reminds me a little of Jerome Bettis. Maybe crazy, but I like what I see with this kid.

Not a big fan of the free agents mentioned (Bush, Jones).
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Lacy proved last night that he is the #1 RB coming out this year, IF he decides to declare. Remember, he hasn't decided if he is coming out or not. His play last night very well could have launched him into the first round. And to be honest, if we could trade down a couple spots and pick up another second or third or fourth, I would do it in a heart beat to grab Lacy.

- Complete back that is patient runner and waits for his hole to open up. When he sees that hole, he explodes through it and is agile enough to make a quick slash and go.

- He is strong enough to throw dudes to the ground (watch last nights game).

-He stays low when contact nears and ALWAYS falls forward because he constantly keeps his feet moving.

- He also has the speed to run off tackle and get around the corner because he did it multiple times last night.

- My favorite attribute about the kid is his vision and balance. He has great feet. Got the juke move, stiff arm and a perfected spin move that he used last night.

- He can catch out of the backfield. Dropped one ball, but no one catches everything thrown to them.

Draft this kid...PLEASE!! He would come in and be the starter from day one. Big, fast and strong. We can still address a scat back later in the draft!

As I stated in another thread..... lacy and stacy
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmused View Post

Imagine this draft
1. Elam
2. Barrett Jones
2. DE
3. Gillislee
4 sanders Cummings
5 Michael Williams
6. Lattimore

Mines better...epic mockness
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
VIP Member