Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 314
Default What now?

I see a lot of people jumping ship and placing the blame on whoever deserves it. I was watching the game and yeah, I admit, I was a lil ****** off at first. But then I realised they are gonna **** up regardless, so there's no need to waste my time and emotions into something inevitable. I believe in this young team and I'm not gonna place the blame on any certain person. I havn't been around as long as some fans that have been there before the MB era (born in '90, been a Bengals fan ever since I could fit my first jersey) but I have been around long enough to not throw my team under the bus no matter what trash they give us. Yeah, of course we got our ***** kicked. We got ****ing manhandled. Totally inept. But I still love this team and I for one am looking forward to the offseason and the new season ahead.

Being a bengal fan doesn't mean you have to settle for mediocrity, it means you have the loyalty to stick by your team through tough ****.

What is your opinion on our #1 priority entering the offseason?

Last edited by Kroniq; 01-08-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 165
Default Re: What now?

Well said, maybe they'll get it together next season.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 128

I agree, well said. I think pass protection and a change of pace receiving RB (Darren Sproles type of player) should both be top priorities. Close after that are LB and Safety IMO.

Last edited by Chi-Cincy-Lax-18; 01-08-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySailor View Post
Next year looks very promising.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13575

Always thought this year we would be solid but still have holes.

Next 3-4 years is our time ! If main FA are kept.

To hang our 30 years of frustration on these young players is not fair. They have overachieved and are getting slammed.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5268

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
I agree.... We are a good draft (3 picks in the first 2 rounds, yay) and a decent free agency away from being back in the playoffs.. Often..
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

I don't even see myself thinking about it right now. I can't do anything about.....anything, so I think I'll just wait and see what their first move is. (If any.)

Meanwhile, I have college hoops!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11820

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySailor View Post
Our annual motto.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Our annual motto.
If its said long enough its gotta prove true eventually! :( I'd like a playoff win I can remember. Last one came when I was 3...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3335

#1 priority is to re-sign our key FAs and extend Atkins. Once this is done, we can look to FA. Once that is done, focus on the draft to finish what we need.

As a fan, we cannot count on any of the coaches being released or going elsewhere, so that option isn't a priority to me. In a perfect world, I would like to see Marvin Lewis to GM (if the position is made as rumored), Zimmer to HC, Jay Gruden leave for another team, Hue Jackson to OC, and find someone else for DC.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 253397

Next year the Bengals win the AFC North and start a run at Championships. Not many thought this would be the year and that they were a year away from making a serious run. They took another step towards that, starting next year, they move forward with playoff wins and beyond. Book it!

Who-Dey!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
Next year the Bengals win the AFC North and start a run at Championships. Not many thought this would be the year and that they were a year away from making a serious run. They took another step towards that, starting next year, they move forward with playoff wins and beyond. Book it!

Who-Dey!
Denny why are we always waiting for next year?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

The number one priority as far as on the field play goes is to get SPEED on the field. If anything, the Texans exposed the defense because of the lack of speed on our LB corps.

We need some speed on offense both at the WR spot to stretch the field and at the RB spot to create mismatches in the passing game on the other team's LBs.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11820

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Because 'next year' is always our year!

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Rep Points: 44615

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Honestly, what else is there to do AFTER the season is over. Most on here kill Denny for being so positive DURING the season.... what makes you think after another playoff game that this team isn't starting to get something right.

I sure wish they would win a playoff game, but I sure like being in the playoffs too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2847

What now? Most who have a clue will look forward to the offseason and see how the Bengals make a pretty good team better.

Those that want to do nothing but **** and moan about a team that has made the playoffs three of the past four years will continue to **** and moan about things that are not relevant to how the Bengals currently run their franchise. You'll notice them....they are the clowns about how nothing ever changes, etc. but, in reality, about the only thing that hasn't changed over the years is their outdated, unknowledgeable take.

Just like the past two offseasons where they have been proven wrong about the direction of the team both times.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7808

I think re-loading the skill positions will make a huge difference and another body on the OL.

The RB stable needs to be overhauled minus the Firm

And they need a lot more talent at WR.

Would like to see another G brought in.

On D

Another Body at Safety and another LB.
Other than that they will prob re-tain most.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Cincy-Lax-18 View Post
I agree, well said. I think pass protection and a change of pace receiving RB (Darren Sproles type of player) should both be top priorities. Close after that are LB and Safety IMO.
we all ready have a sproles type player in hawkins. the problem is our coaches don't know how to use him properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post

Who-Dey!
do you have this saved somewhere and then just copy and paste it after every season cause this is pretty much the same thing you say every year. until major changes are made with management and coaching the bengals will always be the proverbial bridesmaid but never the bride.

as for what changes i'd like to see next year gruden has got to go. i gave him a pass last year because of the shortened offseason, but he has proven to be inept at just about everything an offensive coordinator does. poor play calling, poor game planning, does not use players to exploit their strengths, poor personel decisions (keeping cook in the lineup) but to be fair to gruden that may be a marvin thing as we have seen it time and time again since marvin has been here where younger guys prove themselves to be the better player yet end up riding the pine once the vet returns.

we need a new mlb. rey has once again killed this defense with his **** poor pass coverage and taking bad angles to the ball carrier. only problem is who will be the new mlb? do we move burfict inside where he belongs and get someone like phillip wheeler or daryl smith in fa since there aren't any good fa mlb this year or do we draft someone like kevin minter or alec ogletree (manti te'o will be long gone before we draft) and leave burfict outside since he has done so well there.

cook has gots to go! we were one of the least sacked teams while cook was out but after his return we more than doubled that number in only 4 games! also while cook was out bjge was averaging 5 ypc, after cooks inglorious return he dropped below 3 ypc

gresham needs to be put on notice. if he doesn't get his head right and continues to drop passes like he did this season he will be gone. i don't want to give up on him just yet as he has all the talent in the world but sub par play like that can not be tolerated.

we need a wr opposite aj to take some of the coverage away from him. i like all of the guys we have (except tate) but none of them have proven themselves good enough so far to force the opposing defense to shift coverage away from aj.

atkins needs a new contract now! sign him to the longest possible contract you can and PAY THE MAN!!! he is by far the best dt in the league and the cornerstone of this defense. he finished 1st in sacks among interior linemen and 6th overall. he tied for 1st in tfl by interior lineman and was 7th overall.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: What now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I don't even see myself thinking about it right now. I can't do anything about.....anything, so I think I'll just wait and see what their first move is. (If any.)

Meanwhile, I have college hoops!
How bout dem Hoosiers.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4343

I personally blame Truck. If he didn't sugar coat how bad Rey was in his weekly PFF posting then I wouldn't have been so surprised with Rey's performance this weekend.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Except that our schedule is brutal!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 445

We have the slowest LB core in the NFL. Manny Lawson did not make a single play all year, we all know about Maulaluga, and here's hoping that Burfict keeps his nose clean.

We need LB'ing help desperately or we'll be luck to be one and done next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
The number one priority as far as on the field play goes is to get SPEED on the field. If anything, the Texans exposed the defense because of the lack of speed on our LB corps.

We need some speed on offense both at the WR spot to stretch the field and at the RB spot to create mismatches in the passing game on the other team's LBs.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7700

How about waiting until after Free Agency and the draft before making pronouncements? Also after the whole coaching carousel settles down. Then at least people will have more concrete information to base opinions on.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
Except that our schedule is brutal!
Doesn't matter. We aren't satisfied by just making it to the playoffs anymore. If this team is where they should be next year, we should be aiming at a confrence title or SB. If that's the case we should be able to beat whoever they throw at us. I won't let SoS be an excuse for our team next year.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleJuice View Post
I think re-loading the skill positions will make a huge difference and another body on the OL.

The RB stable needs to be overhauled minus the Firm

And they need a lot more talent at WR.

Would like to see another G brought in.

On D

Another Body at Safety and another LB.
Other than that they will prob re-tain most.
We carried 6 safeties this year you want to carry 7 next year.