Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19389
Default Re: It's time to hold AJ Green accountable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
No, AJ Green doesn't need to be held accountable for anything. He's a freak.
A freak who pretty much single handedly cost us the Cowboys game?

Look, I know AJ is awesome, I just think he needs to be held accountable for some stuff.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 838

AJ doesnt throw the ball to himself. Its not his fault if he wasnt thrown to or targeted once in the first half. That is truly unbelievable. It's not like he was being double covered either. One on One coverage and still nothing? I still cant belive it. All the while Gresham drops 3-4 balls. They should have at least thrown him a bubble screen, slant, and out....... something.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: It's time to hold AJ Green accountable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Exactly. He had no weapon on the other side to take attention away from him. Instead we relied on a WR-by-committee and a TE with suspect hands. All the while, Dalton was running for his life.

Chad had his best season with Jon Kitna as his QB. 90-1355-10.

Btw, CP suxx.
All good points Shake and Blake, i totally agree with you, but my assestment about this team is this:::I have been around football 50 years. i am kinda a old guy.I seriously believe the offense all starts with the quarterback and our qb is struggling big time.bottom line, HE NEEDS TO GET ALOT BETTER.Until then,our team goes nowhere.He has went backwards.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 56

AJ Green didn't overthrow the Touchdown that would've gave us the lead. He beat his man Dalton just overthrew him.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
No kidding. Remember when the Bengals had Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry all lining up at the same time? That's the kind of wide receiver depth it takes to drive defensive coaches nuts.
Yep. Now we have a really good number 1 WR. These other guys would be #4 WR's at best on most NFL Teams...and more realistically 5's that don't play.

Honestly...look at the Steelers: Brown, Wallace, Sanders, and Cotchery are all better than who we trot out at #2.

I like Sanu also, but he's suited as a big possession slot receiver.

And when Gresham doesn't produce, given the above...we're done.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
this, as far as the GM not bringing in a number 2 receiver, it takes 2 to tangle, as good as the Bengals have been nobody but cut veterans or guys nobody wants come to Cincy still. Maybe it changes this year but I doubt it.
Oh guys come. Antonio Brown came. TO came.

If you offer the most money, they come.

The problem is, Bengals management is content signing value free agents that are more question marks than solutions. They also rely on unproven draft picks and retreats from other teams. (Binns was waived by the Jaguars in camp last year. Tate obviously wasn't #2 quality.)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 700

AJ Green=Mike Wallace
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
AJ Green=Mike Wallace
Dude....no.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
After a playoff loss, I knew that we would all, including me, do a lot of hand wringing on this website.

But if we're now starting to take off after AJ Green, then I think it's time knock it off.

Already one of the best wide receivers in the game, he's been nothing but a great receiver and great team player. Ignoring him for two and a half quarters and trying to get the ball to Gresham (even now it sounds ludicrous) was certainly not his idea.

If we're going to start eating our young, count me out for awhile.

Me too
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108934

I heard he took a swing at Hugh Jackson at halftime.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
I don't think there's any doubt AJ had some of his worst games in the last 1/4 of the season ! However we'd never had reached the playoffs without him.
You say that but add in almost any other #1 and we'd be right here. He really didn't do anything special all year, at least I wasn't impressed and it was almost sickening at times when he dropped the easiest balls.

He is only in his second year though and I expect him to get better. As far as the houston game goes, he demeanor looked terrible, he wasn't trying to "Take over a game" like the great ones do.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 307

As horrible and pathetic as this offense has been, AJ is still the starting WR in the Pro Bowl.

I rest my case.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino5130 View Post
AJ doesnt throw the ball to himself. Its not his fault if he wasnt thrown to or targeted once in the first half. That is truly unbelievable. It's not like he was being double covered either. One on One coverage and still nothing? I still cant belive it. All the while Gresham drops 3-4 balls. They should have at least thrown him a bubble screen, slant, and out....... something.
Your right AJ doesn't throw the ball to himself. We are talking about the DROPPED passes when the ball is where it should be and is right in his hands. Seen 2 against Dallas, he had a fumble in Pittsburgh, and in the Playoff game was the reason for Dalton's INT (he didn't turn his head around in time).

As far as throwing to Gresham, that was the game plan. Everyone kept saying to throw to him and Jones more early and then BAM hit AJ. Well that works fine and all but Gresham needs to catch the ball.

Again this is not a thread to bash Green it is to show how stupid people are for bashing Dalton.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2305

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBengal View Post
The last few games of the season AJ Green didnt play very well. He had drops in the Dallas game that pretty much cost us the game and looked unenthusiastic during the game against Houston. He also cost Dalton an interception.

Dalton gets as much blame as anyone for his poor play (which he deserves) but AJ Green also deserves to be held accountable. His attitude and body language during the Houston game was hopefully not a sign of things to come.
I agree and disagree. Agree that AJ has played poorly down the stretch but disagree about the Houston game. I say he had a legitimate gripe about being ignored the first half. Especially when Gresham kept missing on his chances.

I put that on the coaches. You have to get the ball to your playmaker. WR screen, reverse, something.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1522

This thread simply amazes me!

We have two players who are truly elite: AJ Green and Geno Atkins.

Hay, wait! Let's rip into Geno. Not because he deserves it ... It's just his turn!

I'm out of here and this whole goofy discussion.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBengal View Post
The last few games of the season AJ Green didnt play very well. He had drops in the Dallas game that pretty much cost us the game and looked unenthusiastic during the game against Houston. He also cost Dalton an interception.

Dalton gets as much blame as anyone for his poor play (which he deserves) but AJ Green also deserves to be held accountable. His attitude and body language during the Houston game was hopefully not a sign of things to come.
He's a star and wants the ball tho he keeps his mouth shut. I imagine he was quite PO'ed at the first half play calling and it may have affected his overall play in the game.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCloud View Post
This thread simply amazes me!

We have two players who are truly elite: AJ Green and Geno Atkins.

Hay, wait! Let's rip into Geno. Not because he deserves it ... It's just his turn!

I'm out of here and this whole goofy discussion.
That has happened for years. Pickens, Dillon, Chad Johnson, Palmer...

It has to be the best players causing us to lose, right?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 870

Wow. I too am surprised at the lengths some "fans" will go to in order to point fingers and assign blame. Some of these comments are just absolutely ridiculous.

It's not AJ's fault we lost this game. It's not Dalton's fault. It starts with the coaching. We were out coached. Period.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalB View Post
Wow. I too am surprised at the lengths some "fans" will go to in order to point fingers and assign blame. Some of these comments are just absolutely ridiculous.

It's not AJ's fault we lost this game. It's not Dalton's fault. It starts with the coaching. We were out coached. Period.
When are we not outcoached? Really, it seems like 2/3 of our games it happens.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

I'll be cool with AJ being held accountable right after the dog **** coaches on this team are.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2086

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Solid argument with great evidence to back it up.
You literally never post anything about the Bengals. You just ***** about posts, threads, and posters who don't see through rose colored glasses. Why don't you post about football instead of filling the board with more garbage.

Last edited by 34inXXIII; 01-07-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comment
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
There is zero actual evidence that AJ is "mad".

And remember, Andy was under directions not to go to AJ in the first half. Incredibly stupid but it is what it is.
That's not what Marvin said in his interview, he said for whatever reason Andy wasn't looking his way, and couldn't find him open, it was on channel nine news last night at 11 oclock.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Blame the GM for hoarding cap space and not addressing weaknesses.

AJ is constantly double and triple teamed because we have no #2 or #3 caliber WR.
He was never double teamed yesterday, the Texans said Andy couldn't get the ball to him with J.J. on him.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

I'm gonna pop this one but i think it's time to hold dalton accountable. Dalton and only dalton. Idc abt Rey not being able to cover ppl across his face because the defense as a whole played well enough to get us a win. And if dalton makes accurate throws we win. If he doesn't hang the ball up in the air and then overthrow aj we win. Hey hey if the texans are gonna run across our face and we just have to tackle why not put the freak Taylor mays in. He's arguably faster than anyone on the texans offense so he can catch up after they made their initial cut. He's big enough to tackle and fast enough to cover unlike Clements or maluga. They didnt run double moves just running across his face...It didn't matter that we didn't get sacks because we held held the texans to fgs a couple times. Ok back to dalton I'm tired of seeing him scramble I'm sick and tired , why does he think he's fast. Blame Gresham but he's covered and they werent jumpballs. Dalton has poor arm strength and vision. I'd rather hAve tebow and yea I sad tebow leading us. If u don't agree well I don't know if it can be any worse at the qb position. I don't think he can make every throw but he can make the throws dalton does and he's mobile. Vick anyone ill even take happy feet( Russell Wilson) because he has more potential than dalton. When u have aj green Hawkins and Gresham u should be able to throw for more than 250 yards everyday hey guys if u blame maluagua it's becuz uve never played football and covered someone faster than u or ur just butthurt. O yah the play calling whew but at the end dalton had two opportunities to win annnnnndddd he failed horribly
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
It's Green's fault it took as much as 35 minutes to even look at him let alone make a play? sure he was covered but it didnt stop Dalton from throwing to Marvin Jones being covered?

It was frustrating to watch him get ignored repeatedly so much I was hoping he would turn into Keyshawn or Chad and scream at someone to "throw him the damn ball"
AJ being covered has never stopped Andy before. I don't know why Andy decided Saturday was the day to stop forcing it to AJ, but he did. And it bit him in the *** and exposed him.