Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360
bengals Epic Mockness!!

RE-SIGNING:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Simms, Thomas Howard, Rey Mauluaga(as a back up to Vontaze) Chris Crocker(only to help the youngins) Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Andrew Hawkins.

FREE AGENTS:
Dominek Hixon WR-He has good size and speed. Soft hands and would be the missing peice to a progressing WR group...now that he is healthy.
Antoine Cason CB- Long, fast, physical corner. Great speed and good hands. I think hed compete for the spot oppo Hall.
Lawrence Jackson DE- Former First round pick, which we all know we love. Fits the mold of DE's we like. Good size 6'4 270 lbs and quickness. Would be a solid rotational player!! I think jackson would be great here.
Steve Slaton-fast change of pace back we need in the mix with Lacy, and BJGE. Slaton is elusive and adds a different dynamic to the backfield.

NFL DRAFT:
1. Barrett Jones OG/OC/OT Alabama-This guy on our Oline would be so amazing...his ability to play wherever we feel we need help makes him the clear pick here. We need to improve our pass protection and give dalton more confidence back there. its a must.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB(whom at the combine will run a 4.4), Stepfan Taylor RB, Montee Ball RB-BJGE is a product of an outstanding run blocking offensive line. All three backs here are big everydown backs whom can take it to the house and run between the tackles. these three will def take over for the law firm by mid season...which needs to happen. Im happy with anyone of these three, and our running game becomes elite.
2b. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford-Thomas is a relentless beast with a non stop motor to the ball carrier and the quarterback. Future stud in the NFL and a Day 1 starter for us.
3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State-At 6'5 260 lbs Jenkins is an animal, and has great pass rushings skills registerins 22 sacks in basically 2 season having to miss all but 1 game in the 2012 season due to injury. Jenkins has had the time to heal and baring a setback at the combine he would be a steal for us here. Jenkins with Dunlap, Johnson, jackson and Gilberry, would be very nice on the outside.
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina-Great tackler, obviously can cover. Has even played corner in big games and shut down big time receivers in the process. great in press coverage, and very physical. This guys instincts, and cover skills coupled with nelsons tackling would finally relieve some stress for all of us at the back end of the secondary.
5. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Tall, physical, lengthy corner, with good speed. Played well consistantly at a very high level of competition.
6a. Meshak Williams OLB Kansas State-6'3 245 lbs Meshak is a beast, almost had him here when i made this mock initially, and he was arguably the best defensive player this year on kansas states D. Meshak Had 11 sacks and is a good tackler...could be primed as a better coverage Linebacker over time but this guy would be a great project behind the starting lineup.
6b. Ben Cotton TE Nebraska-Great Blocking TE which is what we need. We can finally put an end to the dennis roland idea. I love this pic and would obviously want Williams from bama over cotton i just think he wont be available here.

DEPTH CHART:
offense
QB-Andy Dalton
FB-Jon Connor/Chris Pressley
RB-Eddie Lacy/BJGE/Steve Slaton
WR-AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen
TE-Jermaine Gresham, Orsen Charles, Ben Cotton
LT-Andrew Whitworth
LG-Clint Boling
C-Barrett Jones
RG-Kevin Zeitler
RT-Andre Smith
defense
RDE-Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
DT-Geno Atkins, Pat Sims
NT-Devon Still, Brandon Thompson,
LDE-Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Jenkins, Lawrence Jackson
SLB-Chase Thomas, Dontay Moch, Meshak Williams
MLB-Vontaze Burfict, Rey Mauluaga
WLB-Thomas Howard, Emmanuel Lammur
RCB-Leon Hall, Jason Allen, Brandon Ghee
LCB-Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Antoine Cason, Sanders Commings
FS-Reggie Nelson, George Illoka
SS-D.J Swearinger, Taylor Mays, Chris Crocker
PR-Adam Jones
KR-Steve Slaton

This is my Pre and Post Combine mock. I think our team builds through the draft tremendously this way and becomes super bowl bound. GO BENGALS!!!

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-08-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: I had guys outa position due to injuries i was unaware of
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Epic Mockness!!

thomas is a 2nd Rd grade right now.

Quanterus Smith tore an ACL and is a 6th/7th rounder as of now so the 3rd is way too high.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
thomas is a 2nd Rd grade right now.

Quanterus Smith tore an ACL and is a 6th/7th rounder as of now so the 3rd is way too high.
Where do u go for your scouting reports....I had no idea quanterus tore his **** up...what site do you use?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499

Love first 3 I'm thinking lacy will be gone but if not our offense will be much better with those 2
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Where do u go for your scouting reports....I had no idea quanterus tore his **** up...what site do you use?
he was out the last 2 or 3 games of the season with a torn ACL. it shows him injured on the cbs sports mock player ratings.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205751864
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member

had no idea phillips was rated highger altho it makes sense and had no idea quanterus wa hurt....going back to the drawing board. my apologies
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

1. Monte te'o - before you complain he won't be here just watch national championship game and see what happens when you vs offensive lines who can block.

2. Deandre Hopkins- love this kid can fly great number 2.

2b. Andre Ellington- another one who can flat fly. Great change of pace back.

Should be top three picks
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
had no idea phillips was rated highger altho it makes sense and had no idea quanterus wa hurt....going back to the drawing board. my apologies
no problem man just helping ya out.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

Smith tore his ACL so the third may be early for him.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgybaby84 View Post
1. Monte te'o - before you complain he won't be here just watch national championship game and see what happens when you vs offensive lines who can block.

1. Teo wont be there for us,
2. is too early for that position with other bigger positions of need, and more iportantly there are better recivers to get outside hopkins even if went wr there.
2b. andre ellington wouldnt last half a season in the afcn. no need for little tiny guy in ur division.

thanks for ur input tho newbie!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3154

If Lacy runs a 4.4 at the combine, he will not make it to our 2A pick.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgybaby84 View Post

If you watched the game last night and you saw what happens when Te'o plays against an O-line that can block, why would you want him here? It's obvious that he will struggle vs. NFL caliber competition.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

Best off season with this draft. Haha
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
If Lacy runs a 4.4 at the combine, he will not make it to our 2A pick.
Yea probably....its gonna be a mid-high 4.4 I just want barrett jones and Eddie lacy. If we have to go lacy first and jones at 2a. Im all for it. Just get em both in stripes.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
RE-SIGNING:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Simms, Thomas Howard, Rey Mauluaga(as a back up to Vontaze) Chris Crocker(only to help the youngins) Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Andrew Hawkins.

FREE AGENTS:
Dominek Hixon WR-He has good size and speed. Soft hands and would be the missing peice to a progressing WR group.
Antoine Cason CB- Long, fast, physical corner. Great speed and good hands. I think hed compete for the spot oppo Hall.
Lawrence Jackson DE- Former First round pick, which we all know we love. Fits the mold of DE's we like. Good size 6'4 270 lbs and quickness. Would be a solid rotational player!! I think jackson would be great here.

NFL DRAFT:
1. Barrett Jones OG/OC/OT Alabama-This guy on our Oline would be so amazing...his ability to play wherever we feel we need help makes him the clear pick here. We need to improve our pass protection and give dalton more confidence back there. its a must.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB(whom at the combine will run a 4.4), Stepfan Taylor RB, Montee Ball RB-BJGE is a product of an outstanding run blocking offensive line. All three backs here are big everydown backs whom can take it to the house and run between the tackles. these three will def take over for the law firm by mid season...which needs to happen. Im happy with anyone of these three, and our running game becomes elite.
2b. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford-Thomas is a relentless beast with a non stop motor to the ball carrier and the quarterback. Future stud in the NFL and a Day 1 starter for us.
3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State-At 6'5 260 lbs Jenkins is an animal, and has great pass rushings skills registerins 22 sacks in basically 2 season having to miss all but 1 game in the 2012 season due to injury. Jenkins has had the time to heal and baring a setback at the combine he would be a steal for us here. Jenkins with Dunlap, Johnson, jackson and Gilberry, would be very nice on the outside.
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina-Great tackler, obviously can cover. Has even played corner in big games and shut down big time receivers in the process. great in press coverage, and very physical. This guys instincts, and cover skills coupled with nelsons tackling would finally relieve some stress for all of us at the back end of the secondary.
5. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Tall, physical, lengthy corner, with good speed. Played well consistantly at a very high level of competition.
6a. Robbie Rouse RB Fresno State-Good comp back with great quickness and speed. Catches well and set the bulldogs career rushing record with 4600 yrds. He would be a great change of pace back, and can also return kicks.
6b. Ben Cotton TE Nebraska-Great Blocking TE which is what we need. We can finally put an end to the dennis roland idea. I love this pic and would obviously want Williams from bama over cotton i just think he wont be available here.

DEPTH CHART:
offense
QB-Andy Dalton
FB-Jon Connor/Chris Pressley
RB-Eddie Lacy/Robbie Rouse/BJGE
WR-AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen
TE-Jermaine Gresham, Orsen Charles, Ben Cotton
LT-Andrew Whitworth
LG-Clint Boling
C-Barrett Jones
RG-Kevin Zeitler
RT-Andre Smith
defense
RDE-Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
DT-Geno Atkins, Pat Sims
NT-Devon Still, Brandon Thompson,
LDE-Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Jenkins, Lawrence Jackson
SLB-Chase Thomas, Dontay Moch
MLB-Vontaze Burfict, Rey Mauluaga
WLB-Thomas Howard, Emmanuel Lammur
RCB-Leon Hall, Jason Allen, Brandon Ghee
LCB-Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Antoine Cason, Sanders Commings
FS-Reggie Nelson, George Illoka
SS-D.J Swearinger, Taylor Mays, Chris Crocker
PR-Adam Jones
KR-Robbie Rouse

This is my Pre and Post Combine mock. I think our team builds through the draft tremendously this way and becomes super bowl bound. GO BENGALS!!!

No thanks on Hixon, he's been injury prone his whole career. If we're going to sign a VET I'd prefer someone like Hartline.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No thanks on Hixon, he's been injury prone his whole career. If we're going to sign a VET I'd prefer someone like Hartline.
K id be cool with hartline. Hartline is a burner with great white boi hands.....yes I said it. Anything else....or was ur only issue hixon?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
K id be cool with hartline. Hartline is a burner with great white boi hands.....yes I said it. Anything else....or was ur only issue hixon?
Not a fan of thomas, we need COVERAGE linebackers and their is better than him at that spot. I'd rather hav the Bama TE over the one you picked and I think Jenkins goes back to school on a redshirt.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182

Barrett and Lacy we must land. Lacy won't run a 4.4...too big. If he runs in 4.5 we have to grab him.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not a fan of thomas, we need COVERAGE linebackers and their is better than him at that spot. I'd rather hav the Bama TE over the one you picked and I think Jenkins goes back to school on a redshirt.
Cool so u didnt read, it says where I have cotton that id ratherhave williams but I dont think hed be available there. I think jenkins is coming out, you watch. as for chase thomas hes who I want hands down, hes a freak playmaker and will progress as a defender. Id only take porter if I couldnt have thomas...I dont want the little guy greene. I think this is the best way for us to go for me with the best possible value at each position.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Fan For Life! View Post
Barrett and Lacy we must land. Lacy won't run a 4.4...too big. If he runs in 4.5 we have to grab him.
Bro ive seen him run a 4.48 in person about a year in a half 2 years ago. I promise he runs in the 4.4s. Both are must in cincy I agree dude. I really think this is the best way for us to go.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Cool so u didnt read, it says where I have cotton that id ratherhave williams but I dont think hed be available there. I think jenkins is coming out, you watch. as for chase thomas hes who I want hands down, hes a freak playmaker and will progress as a defender. Id only take porter if I couldnt have thomas...I dont want the little guy greene. I think this is the best way for us to go for me with the best possible value at each position.
I'd take Porter then. And I also like taking Kiko Alonso 6'4 242 later on ( Has played all LB positions and he'd be an upgrade over Maualuga.

If for some reason they do decide to trade gresham for a pick I hope we draft kelce.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'd take Porter then. And I also like taking Kiko Alonso 6'4 242 later on ( Has played all LB positions and he'd be an upgrade over Maualuga.

If for some reason they do decide to trade gresham for a pick I hope we draft kelce.
I dont see kiko being an upgrade to rey if rey is used as a backup. I live in the northwest and ive seen plenty of kikos play and hes solid but thats it.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I dont see kiko being an upgrade to rey if rey is used as a backup. I live in the northwest and ive seen plenty of kikos play and hes solid but thats it.
solid is better than rey IMO
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
solid is better than rey IMO
Solid.at the college level...like at oregon. Solid in college doesnt mean solid in the nfl broham