Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 157
Default 2013 Super Bowl Mock

Re-sign-Peerman, Hawkins, Harris, Josh Brown, Huber, Andre Smith, Geathers, Gilberry, Michael Johnson, Pat Sims, Thomas Howard, Skuta, Adam Jones, Chris Crocker, Terence Newman, Nate Clements, Brian Leonard

Sign-Daryl Smith, Wes Welker, Matt Moore--We finally make a bigger splash in free agency. With a general manager possibly being added and all the cap room with the min spending cap incorporated in the CBA, the Bengals bring in a big name in Welker to help Dalton and a solid linebacker.

Draft:

1. Matt Elam-We finally bring in Crocker's replacement as the starter. Elam is another great defender from Florida who hits about as hard as Nelson and does a nice job in pass coverage. Should be available at 21 with a decent but unspectacular game against Louisville.

2a. Eddie Lacy-Gruden wants an explosive back. Here it is early in round 2. Lacy can hit the home run with his speed and should be a star pairing with the Law Firm.

2b. Da'Rick Rogers-Let's face it, the Bengals need as many weapons as possible on offense. Rogers can stretch the field and should be there late in the 2nd after transferring from Tennessee. He is a big target and can get separation down the field. Let him compete for the 4th spot and if he reaches his potential, give him the 2nd spot.

3. William Gholston-He slips in the draft after not living up to the hype this year. All the talent in the world though. I think he can definitely start next year but probably won't. Michael Johnson clone who can be great insurance and a project for Zim.

4. Jelani Jenkins-He is a great coverage outside linebacker. If Howard doesn't work out coming off the injury, Jenkins competes with Lamur for the starting spot.

5. Tyrann Mathieu-A good cover corner who can slide in the safety spot as well. I think his off field problems can be deterred. Get him in a veteran locker room with mature leaders and he should be fine.

6. Jake Stoneburner-He was a great college player and can definitely compete in the NFL. I think everyone agrees we could use another tight end.

QB-Dalton, Matt Moore
RB-Green-Ellis, Eddie Lacy, Brian Leonard, Ced Peerman
FB-Pressley, Connor
WR-AJ Green, Wes Welker, Mohammad Sanu/Andrew Hawkins, Da'Rick Rogers, Marvin Jones
TE-Gresham, Charles, Stoneburner
OT-Whit, Smith, Collins
OG-Boling, Zeitler, Wharton, Robinson
C-Robinson, Cook
DE-Dunlap, Johnson, Geathers, Gilberry, Gholston
DT-Atkins, Peko, Still, Simms, Thompson
OLB-Howard, D. Smith, Jenkins, Lamur
MLB-Burfict, Skuta
CB-Hall, Kirkpatrick, A. Jones, Newman, Mathieu, Clements
FS-Nelson, Iloka
SS-Elam, Crocker
K-Brown
P-Huber
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061
Default Re: 2013 Super Bowl Mock

Alot of risks in this draft, first I'm personally not a fan of Elam I do believe he is overrated. Rodgers is a gamble because of a few reasons his personality and does he an attitude to actually give effort.
I was a big of a fan then anyone on Gholston to start the year and he left me disappointed this season.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360
bengals Re: 2013 Super Bowl Mock

eh

its tough to call it a super bowl mock when ur missing our 2nd 6th round pick. Never have liked going safety in the first round and i dont see him in the same talent category as eric berry earl thomas or mark barron. better value with our first pick. Love the lacy pick tho...im pretty sure if we get lacy i could come around to every other pick in this draft