Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128
Default First full mock of many

Depth Chart and FA signings to come later

1. Kansas City - Geno Smith - QB - WVU
New Coach, GM, most likely new QB. I could see a good combine/pro day as well to improve stock.
2. Jacksonville - Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE - UGA
Overall BPA, best pass rusher, Jacksonville could use both.
3. Oakland - Star Lotulelei - DT - UTAH
This team needs some type of defensive presence. Also anyone else thinks he looks like Fanene?
4. Philadelphia - Luke Joeckel - OT - TA&M
Even with Peters coming back, he'll be 31 in 2 weeks, plus Herremans is playing below his standards. Gotta protect Foles.
5. Detroit - Bjoern Werner - DE - FSU
This is a tough call between him and Moore. I feel Werner is a more pure pass rusher.
6. Cleveland - Damontre Moore - DE/OLB - TA&M
That team up north needs someone opposite of Sheard and a SAM, here you go.
7. Arizona - Tyler Wilson - QB - ARK
With almost any other team, this is a stretch. But no other team has Kolb and Skelton as their QBs.
8. Buffalo - Manti Te'o - LB - ND
Buffalo needs defense, and with Wilson gone, they have no excuse. You can't base Te'o's career on his first and only BCS game. He's a top 10 pick.
9. Tampa Bay - Dee Milliner - CB - ALA
***TRADE*** New York trades down to get a pass rusher/offensive tackle and not reach for him. For some reason, Tampa Bay didn't like Claiborne last year, being ranked last in pass defense, let's see if they have a different mindset.
10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack - ALA
The Steve Hutchingson project didn't work, and Leroy Harris has underachieved. If they want CJ2K back and not CJ1.2K and Locker to progress more, this is the pick.
11. San Diego - Taylor Lewman - OT - MICH
I wonder if Philip Rivers will take Norv Turner's place in the War Room this year. That'd be nice to watch him beg for this pick.
12. Miami - Jake Matthews - OT - TA&M
No WR to help Tannehill should be taken this early. Better build up in case the overrated Jake Long is gone.
13. New York - Barkevious Mingo - OLB/DE - LSU
***TRADE*** New York trades down to take either Jordan or Mingo, whoever isn't picked. Their pass-rush this year has been God-awful.
14. Carolina - Johnathan Hankins - DT - OSU
This pick will most likely be focused on the trenches. Either offensive or defensive. Hankins is at more value than any O-Lineman available.
15. New Orleans - Sheldon Richardson - DT - MIZZOU
As bad as the Saints outside pressure was, not only was their no interior pass rush, but no run stopping in the middle. Wouldn't be surprised if Jordan was the pick here though.
16. St. Louis - Eric Fisher - OT - CMU
This should be Sam Bradford's make it or break it year if he wasn't under contract for another 3 years, but he needs all the help he can get on the O-Line.
17. Pittsburgh - Dion Jordan - DE/OLB - ORE
James Harrison (as everyone here should know) is old and overrated/overpaid. A new pass rusher should be ath the top of their long list of improvements.
18. Dallas - Barrett Jones - OL - ALA
I honestly have had it with mocks that have this guy outside the top 20. This guy is probably the smartest and versatile prospect to come out of college in years. A team like Dallas, who's interior O-Line is dreadful, will gladly pick him up.
19. New York - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
If I were New York, I would go with Okafor if we wanted a DE, but I also would've been skeptical about JPP 2 years ago. Osi is once again contract debating and Tuck had a down year.
20. Chicago - Johnathan Cooper - OG/OT - UNC
The reason Lovie was fired wasn't from lack of defense, but lack of offense. That tells me that the FO will look to improve the O and to start, keep Jay Cutler on his feet.
21. Cincinnati - Alec Ogletree - LB - UGA
As the President of the Cut Rey Maualuga Organization, I think I speak for every Bengal fan in saying we need LB help. Let's start with a Georgia prospect, we haven't picked one in a while...
22. St. Louis - Kenny Vaccaro - S - TEX
Like RB, there's a lot of 2-4 solid safeties, but not one you can clealy say the best with 1st round skill. Vaccaro seemed to be thrown into the 1st round discussion. The Rams could definetly use him... or any safety for that matter.
23. Minnesota - Keenan Allen - WR - CAL
That Damn Walter Football guy stole my last 2 picks. But at least their logical. I wouldn't be worried about Ponder's talent, rather the fact that without Percy Harvin, Kyle Rudolph is his only reliable target.
24. Indianapolis - Jon Jenkins - DT - UGA
I would like to mock Indy with someone who can replace McGlynn, but all the 1st round worthy guards are gone. But they were 29th in run defense, Jenkins can improve that.
25. Baltimore - Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU
No matter when it will happen, it will happen. Ray Lewis will play his last football game within the month. Minter shot up the boards as of late and could be plugged in on day 1.
26. Seattle - Tavon Austin - WR - WVU
Let me make something clear. I think Hunter, Williams and Patterson are better recievers. But I feel Seattle already has 2 outside recievers, Wilson could benefit with a Hawkins type reciever over the middle.
27. Green Bay - Johnathon Banks - CB - MISS ST
Banks is a steal from here. Woodson is getting old, Williams is inconsistent, also BPA.
28. Houston - Justin Hunter - WR - TENN
God Damn you Houston, who could let this happen? Fine here, take your stupid #2 WR and go away.
29. San Francisco - Matt Elam - S - UF
San Fran's secondary at whole could use an upgrade; whether that's Xavier Rhodes or the reckless Elam.
30. New England - Terrance Williams - WR - BAY
Welker could be gone, Lloyd can't succeed if there's no one across from him.
31. Atlanta - Tyler Eifert - TE - ND
Tony Gonzalez had a great run. time to move on.
32. Denver - Kawaan Short - DT - PUR
Probably the most noticable need, BPA as well.

Rest of our draft:

2a. Giovanni Bernard - RB - UNC
Listen, Lots of people want a WR early. I'm telling you, Let Sanu get healthy, and let's run the ball for crying out loud! Don't put all the pressure on Dalton. Bernard can impact our game in more ways than 1. He can complement the Law Firm very well, he can catch out of the backfield, once the run is set up, the passing game is set up. Sanu did very well for us as our #2, don't give up on him.

2b. Baccari Rambo - S - UGA
After a good combine and meetings, this guy is gonna climb his way out of the 3rd round and fall right to us. FS or SS, he can play both well. Basically we need a guy to take away the middle of the field, he'll do that for you.

3. Gerald Hodges - OLB - PSU
Maybe the perfect SAM. A Senior leader for a college that produces great LBs. Knows Still pretty well too. It seems like Lawson kinda dissappears during the game, I doubt he'll be back for us. Our LB's are set.

OR

3. Tank Carradine - DE - FSU
I couldn't really decide. If one's not available then pick the other. If their both available, I say pick Hodges, but I'd be fine with either one. Could always use more depth at DE. MJ, Dunlap, Gilberry and Tank would be great.

4. Xavier Nixon - OT - UF
Whit's aging, big Andre is a FA, Roland isn't even backup worthy. Need some depth in this department. Solid run blocker here.

5a. Michael Williams - TE - ALA
Great blocking TE, really would improve goal line situations, bye bye Roland and goal.

(COMP) 5b. Sanders Commings - CB - UGA
Here I go again with Sanders. Tall, instictive, clutch corner. Could always use depth.

6a. Josh Broyce - WR - TCU
Heard he knew Dalton pretty well. Maybe not good enough to compete for #2 spot, but just another weapon.

6b. Chris Thompson - RB - FSU
Speedster at RB, was avg. 7.5 ypc with 687 yds. Tore ACL, but ahead of rehab, possible explosive return man.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: First full mock of many

to early for rambo
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Would rather have the biggerr better stronger faster more explosive every down back in lacy then gio bernard. Would rather have jefferson in then rambo...better value, I think all the safties we're interested in improve there stock so to me the second is a reach for rambo. Both hodges and carradine have suffered bad injuries, tanks coming just a month ago...we wont even see him at the combine. Would rather have brandon jenkins with this pic. he too suffered a season ending injury but not an acl...jenkins has had almost a year to heal, and when jenkins is playing he is racking up sacks. 22 in 2 seasons. The rest I like tho

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-08-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Would rather have the biggerr better stronger faster more explosive every down back in lacy then gio bernard. Would rather have jefferson in then rambo...better value, I think all the safties we're interested in improve there stock so to me the second is a reach for rambo. Both hodges and carradine have suffered bad injuries, tanks coming just a month ago...we wont even see him at the combine. Would rather have brandon jenkins with this pic. he too suffered a season ending injury but not an acl...jenkins has had almost a year to heal, and when jenkins is playing he is racking up sacks. 22 in 2 seasons. The rest I like tho
Hodges is playing in the east/west shrine game so his injury must have been minor.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3386

I think the other poster was thinking of his teammate, Michael Mauti, who suffered his second ACL injury in recent years.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

probably so
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 496

How could you put a player as "reckless" as Matt Elam in your 1st.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
How could you put a player as "reckless" as Matt Elam in your 1st.
For some odd reason, this guy is being marked as one of the top flight safeties.
Reid has been bad of late, but that could change with a good combine. I think if Elam fixes his
tackling mechanics, he could be good. That still doesn't mean I want him.

As for picking Rambo in the late 2nd, this guy is a 3rd round prospect, but their are teams sitting ahead of us in the 3rd (Dallas, Washington, Buffalo, etc.) that very well could pick him then. I do believe with a good pre draft, this guy will climb to at least an early 3rd round projection, which means we would miss him if we waited.

CINwillWIN is the man

Last edited by Natikid873; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Hodges is playing in the east/west shrine game so his injury must have been minor.
musta been somone else i was thinking of... i like his versitility but hes small 237 worries me. would much rather have jenkins the beast.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
I think the other poster was thinking of his teammate, Michael Mauti, who suffered his second ACL injury in recent years.
yuuuup. my b.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
musta been somone else i was thinking of... i like his versitility but hes small 237 worries me. would much rather have jenkins the beast.
jenkins is 260 and will be playing DE in the NFL, Hodges is 237 and plays LB that's 2 different positions. Unless you're talking about Jelani Jenkins and if so he's the same size as Hodges so no difference there.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
For some odd reason, this guy is being marked as one of the top flight safeties.
Reid has been bad of late, but that could change with a good combine. I think if Elam fixes his
tackling mechanics, he could be good. That still doesn't mean I want him.

As for picking Rambo in the late 2nd, this guy is a 3rd round prospect, but their are teams sitting ahead of us in the 3rd (Dallas, Washington, Buffalo, etc.) that very well could pick him then. I do believe with a good pre draft, this guy will climb to at least an early 3rd round projection, which means we would miss him if we waited.
Taylor Mays was also regarded as a top flight safety as well. That doesn't mean it will work out in the NFL.

If we are going to get a safety, we need the best guy in coverage. I could care less about run support with a safety. Vacarro is head and shoulders above the others and can also go into man coverage on the TE and do it well.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I will take this draft in a heartbeat. Except for Bernard. I want Lacy. Rambo is going to go from a 3-4 round prospect up to the 2nd round prospect so I would have no issues with taking him with 2B! We address our three biggest needs in LB, RB and Safety. Id love to have Hodges or Porter to address another OLB and from there on, I cannot complain.

Lacy vs. Bernard is intriguing. With the way Lacy played the other night, I do not see how he could lose the #1 RB in this class. His 40 time is what will make the difference.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I will take this draft in a heartbeat. Except for Bernard. I want Lacy. Rambo is going to go from a 3-4 round prospect up to the 2nd round prospect so I would have no issues with taking him with 2B! We address our three biggest needs in LB, RB and Safety. Id love to have Hodges or Porter to address another OLB and from there on, I cannot complain.

Lacy vs. Bernard is intriguing. With the way Lacy played the other night, I do not see how he could lose the #1 RB in this class. His 40 time is what will make the difference.
I too think that both Lacy and Bernard will be the first two RBs selected. The combine, pro days, and interviews will be the deciding factors in who becomes the first.

I think what should be focused on more with other members' mock drafts is not stating whether one prefers player X over player Y, but rather that if the draft went down like the mock suggests, would one be satisfied or not. Either Bernard or Lacy would be great to get.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
I too think that both Lacy and Bernard will be the first two RBs selected. The combine, pro days, and interviews will be the deciding factors in who becomes the first.

I think what should be focused on more with other members' mock drafts is not stating whether one prefers player X over player Y, but rather that if the draft went down like the mock suggests, would one be satisfied or not. Either Bernard or Lacy would be great to get.
I feel that if we really wanted Lacy, the best option would be to trade down and get him in the late first. I believe this guy will top Bernard by April. Therefore leaving Bernard right there for us. Besides, Gruden has said that he would want a speed back, not a power back, to complement Green-Ellis.

But unless there's an Adrian Peterson or Trent Richardson clone out there somewhere, no RB's as our 1st overall pick please.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That doesn't mean he'll gain no weight in the league. Which is practically impossible if your a defender.

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
That doesn't mean he'll gain no weight in the league. Which is practically impossible if your a defender.
i agree but based on your mock i would like to grab a DE to throw into the pass rush rotation then another linebacker, hodges is an animal and i like him, but after already grabbing ogletree i just feel like there are other needs to address in the third then another LB. how bout sharpe or alonso in the 5th? Alonso plays everywhere and sharpe runs a 4.5
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Yeah Brandon Sharpe OLB Syracuse 6'1 253 and runs in the 4.5's is going to be a real sleeper. Very good pick in the 5th, either him or Alonso.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

I like the mock.