Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 251
Default Re: Dalton = Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Sanchez had 18 wins his first 2 seasons. And 29 TDs. Oh, and 33 INTs.

Dalton doesn't even have 30 INTs.

Dalton has more wins, more TDs, and less INTs his first two seasons.

Heck, Dalton has a completion percentage of 60 for his career. Sanchez has only had 1 season where he had above 55% of a completion percentage.
Sanchez led his team to two afc championships... see the irony?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySailor View Post
Cap should be spent on resigning our guys bringing in a FA WR, I'd also like a FA LB in addition to drafting one and another back to split time with Green-Ellis. We have a decent backup and no one except the Jets activate 3 QBs in a given week anyway. If Dalton goes down we can promote our PS QB or sign a FA if it becomes necessary.
Ok...well sounds like ur sold on dalton...hope ur right!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10411

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLEEdOrangeandBlack View Post
Sanchez led his team to two afc championships... see the irony?
Sanchez was on a better team than the Bengals. Everyone knows that. If Dalton was on that team, they probably make the Super Bowl. Sanchez held that team back, and continues to do so.

Just like Marvin Lewis has with the Bengals.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 165

Quote:
Ok...well sounds like ur sold on dalton...hope ur right!
Not sold on Dalton, just not sold on other things. Maybe if the rest of the team next year is better and Dalton doesn't step up, we should get another QB, but with everything else we need this season, and a lack of proven FAs or Luck/RGIII talent QBs available this offseason, this isnt the time.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

dalton has decent stats for a 2nd yr qb but most of his stats are misleading if you watch him play. sure the oline gv up sacks but out of the 40 plus sacks, im positive at least 15 of them were on dalton for not having good pocket presence, pocket awareness and he seems to panic when the pocket breaks down and misses easy reads but at least he has improved. if he does not progress next year in the key areas a qb must be good in like pocket awareness, pocket presence, staying calm under pressure and find other wrs that are open, then you can start to worry but i wont start worrying until week 13 of next yr n start lobbying for johhny manziel in 2015 lol. you hv to admit johhny football is a freshman n he mks andy look average lol
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
dalton has decent stats for a 2nd yr qb but most of his stats are misleading if you watch him play. sure the oline gv up sacks but out of the 40 plus sacks, im positive at least 15 of them were on dalton for not having good pocket presence, pocket awareness and he seems to panic when the pocket breaks down and misses easy reads but at least he has improved. if he does not progress next year in the key areas a qb must be good in like pocket awareness, pocket presence, staying calm under pressure and find other wrs that are open, then you can start to worry but i wont start worrying until week 13 of next yr n start lobbying for johhny manziel in 2015 lol. you hv to admit johhny football is a freshman n he mks andy look average lol
I agree completely in regards to Dalton. Idk about Johnny Football yet, the pro game transition is tricky. I'd like to watch him for another year or two. He'll go quick in his draft too, I don't know if he'd be a feasible pick up for us anyway.

Last edited by WhoDeySailor; 01-09-2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: adding to post.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LYea i agree!! I wasnt very happy watching him laughing on the sideline when we had a fee minutes left ingame either
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23152
bengals Re: Dalton = Sanchez

Quote:
St LlThink about how many people were saying how Good Sanchez was and poised and all that crud when he supposedly "led them to two AFC championship games in a row." I was one of the few people very unimpressed and said he would be garbage. Now look at him! He was exposed when he couldn't lean on a top 2 defense to win him games. Now despite my title, i dont think Dalton is as bad a Sanchez. I actually think hes descent. But descent aint gonna get us over the hump. Its time to realize he is what he is. Dalton was a 2nd round pick becuz he is a 2nd tier QB. In college dalton threw quick passes and didnt need time to sit in the pocket. Thats why when he has happy feet when his internal clock speeds up. Its gotta be frustrating for Green to run past his man tme and time again just to turn around and see the ball swirling out of bounds. Yes the OL can play better, but there were a multitude of opportunities for dalton to step up and make an easy completion but he panicked and threw ball away.. his footwork is horrible. He has no clue what a sidestep is. Dalton has regressed a bit this year and i say if after this season he doesnt play better we get a QB. I mean he lost to TJ Yates for cryoing out loud!!!!!! Negative six yards in a half. Are you kidding me. Wait til ya see what Brady does to that same defense.

I would love to know who these people were that stated Sanchez is good and is poised in the pocket. Seems you embellish your point to pat yourself on the back.

Are you seriously comparing Andy a second year QB to Tom Brady? One word for that ............ignorant. So tell me how do the first two seasons for Brady in the league compare to the the first two seasons for Dalton in the league?

Troll on.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2378

I'm not ready to give up quite yet on Dalton but I see what the OP is saying. The people who are comparing Dalton's stats to any other QB needs to just stop period. The circumstances are way way different. Those other guys did not have a guy such as AJ Green on their team to make such an impact. Yes Manning had Harrison and eventually Wayne but he made those guys into what they were.

There was always a debate whether or not Carson made Chad and TJ or if it was the other way around. With Dalton there's no question without Green Andy is exposed for the QB he really is. The proof is in the pudding people. For every one of those TDs he has made he probably has 2-3 he could have had with better throws and better reads.

There have been countless comments by announcers and sportwriters about how Andy just doesn't make the correct reads or throws for whatever reason he is too gunshy. His pocket awareness is horrible and he becomes a fish out of water if he senses any pressure. Hell, even his OC says he is tired of Andy throwing the ball out of play. There were articles in the offseason about the lack in confidence in Andy from our own front office for a reason...and after a rookie year Andy took us to the playoffs and made the Probowl.

If Andy was the guy everybody says he is and was based on having similar first 2 year stats, why did he and the offense become non-existent over the last couple games when AJ was not doing so well?

Andy has always just thrown the ball up and AJ goes and gets it to the best of his ability. His long ball has gotten worse. This is the NFL level now and you either have it or you don't. No amount of practice or coaching is going to fix his long ball accuracy. The guy cannot read a defense to save his life.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23152

Quote:
All that can be said is wow.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Are you seriously comparing Andy a second year QB to Tom Brady? One word for that ............ignorant. So tell me how do the first two seasons for Brady in the league compare to the the first two seasons for Dalton in the league?

Troll on.
Well, he was on the bench his first season, so obviously Dalton wins that one, but his second season:
63.9%, 2843yards, 18tds, 12ints, 6.9ypa, 86.5rating
He did better in every category except yards and touchdowns. As for the stats that really matter:
10-2 as a starter
1 division title
3 playoff wins
AFC Champion
SB Champion

Dalton is what he is. A middle of the road starter with the ability to maybe win a SB with the right personnel around him. That's not a bad thing though since that's better than what a lot of teams have.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

If Dalton played for the Texans and TJ Yates or even Matt Schaub played for the Bengals, I doubt the outcome would have been any different, perhaps the Texan would have won by a greater margin.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 850

Dalton is our guy and we should all be thankful for that. He's very bright and cares about his job. Can't wait for him to prove the doubters wrong once he has surrounding talent.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1524

Quote:
St LlThink about how many people were saying how Good Sanchez was and poised and all that crud when he supposedly "led them to two AFC championship games in a row." I was one of the few people very unimpressed and said he would be garbage. Now look at him! He was exposed when he couldn't lean on a top 2 defense to win him games. Now despite my title, i dont think Dalton is as bad a Sanchez. I actually think hes descent. But descent aint gonna get us over the hump. Its time to realize he is what he is. Dalton was a 2nd round pick becuz he is a 2nd tier QB. In college dalton threw quick passes and didnt need time to sit in the pocket. Thats why when he has happy feet when his internal clock speeds up. Its gotta be frustrating for Green to run past his man tme and time again just to turn around and see the ball swirling out of bounds. Yes the OL can play better, but there were a multitude of opportunities for dalton to step up and make an easy completion but he panicked and threw ball away.. his footwork is horrible. He has no clue what a sidestep is. Dalton has regressed a bit this year and i say if after this season he doesnt play better we get a QB. I mean he lost to TJ Yates for cryoing out loud!!!!!! Negative six yards in a half. Are you kidding me. Wait til ya see what Brady does to that same defense.
Tebow is looking for a team and has 1 playoff win!!! Maybe we can trade him for Dalton???......................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 25

Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgrus View Post
Dalton is our guy and we should all be thankful for that. He's very bright and cares about his job. Can't wait for him to prove the doubters wrong once he has surrounding talent.
Yes, Dalton is a nice guy. Nobody questions that. You know who else is a good guy? Tim Tebow. Just because he cares and seems like a decent human being doesn't mean that we should hand over the franchise to Dalton. Plenty of nice guys that are mediocre QB's.

As per the Sanchez comparisons I don't see why the OP is getting flamed. At this point it seems like a pretty apt comparison (Dalton better in the regular season...Sanchez way better in the post season) but they have the same issues. Prone to critical mistakes. Cannot consistently make all the throws. Lack of poise or pocket presence. I think we can all agree that Dalton looks good on paper in the regular season...the trouble comes when you watch him play. Is he capable of being a legit franchise QB? I don't know. Quite frankly I have my doubts. He regressed during the final stretch of the season IMO and seemed to lack confidence and command in the playoffs. Accuracy continues to be a major issue. I like the guy, but I am not a patient man and want to win (and by win I mean win a S. I give Dalton one more year to progress. If his poise and accuracy do not improve I want to move on.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 226

Quote:
What would have your gameplan for a qb who has an internal clock of 1 second and only looks for his first read before throwing the ball out of bounds
Get him a better OL and a more dangerous RB who can get you more than 3.5 ypc.....Dalton is quickly developing the David Klingler syndrome and that's getting no time to throw but still trying to make big plays....He ain't Klingler but you can see the last half of the year his inability to go thru progressions, step up in the pocket, side step in the pocket and not just run out of pocket away from the play, and just a bad sense on timing plays.......

A frustration is evident there as well and you better, as an organization, do something to eradicate this so Dalton can remove these bad plays/ thoughts totally from his muscle memory...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39473

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySailor View Post
And Andy didn't lose to TJ Yates. The Bengals lost to the Texans. I've never seen 2 QBs face off on the field.
Do you think Baseball Pitchers should have Win-Loss records?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
As per the Sanchez comparisons I don't see why the OP is getting flamed. At this point it seems like a pretty apt comparison (Dalton better in the regular season...Sanchez way better in the post season) but they have the same issues. Prone to critical mistakes. Cannot consistently make all the throws. Lack of poise or pocket presence. I think we can all agree that Dalton looks good on paper in the regular season...the trouble comes when you watch him play. Is he capable of being a legit franchise QB? I don't know. Quite frankly I have my doubts. He regressed during the final stretch of the season IMO and seemed to lack confidence and command in the playoffs. Accuracy continues to be a major issue. I like the guy, but I am not a patient man and want to win (and by win I mean win a SB ). I give Dalton one more year to progress. If his poise and accuracy do not improve I want to move on.
Feels like Deja Vu' with those criticisms. Didn't most people say the same things about Palmer?
What's the constant? Ken Zampese. Time for him to go.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgrus View Post
In regards to the very bright comment and caring part, did you really sense that from last week's game?? Curious....You have a guy laughing on the GD sideline and you have a guy becoming pretty gun shy and rather clueless on his pocket presence, courage, and ability to stand in there and trust his ability the last handful of games...

I'd like to think, and will give him a bit of TBOTD, that the meager OL is causing some of this but the kids ability to throw, and trust a throw, before the WR's make their break and his arm strength has sufficiently been plummeting..
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3181

I held back my urge to negative rep this. Saying hes not the guy that can win a SB is one thing but saying hes mark Sanchez makes me want to destroy everything youve ever loved.

Too soon, bro, too soon

Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 29

andy is the guy sanchez makes a lot of $$$$ & he aint comin to the bengals
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

A QB gets judged on one thing, and one thing only....W and L. Thats it. Too many people cry and complain about the QBR and ratings and Ints and TDs and blah blah blah blah. Dalton has 19 wins in two years. He has led us to the playoffs both years. Dalton is still learning and hasnt even reached his ceiling yet. Can we wait till next season is over before we start demanding a new QB? The third season is the "Judgement" season. It is the season that gives you the greatest understanding of what the QB will be in the future and his potential in the NFL. There are way to many threads in which people are calling for us to draft a QB, when the QB is not even close to being a position of need. If we get a top tier RB to compliment BJGE (which Gruden said is a must), it will take even more pressure off Dalton. If our TEs (Gresham) can be more consistent in making plays, it will take even more pressure off Dalton. If we can get more WRs to get open, it takes more pressure off Dalton.

Dalton is getting ALL THE BLAME for the offense struggling. Gruden should get a ton of blame for his putrid gameplanning and play calling. Gresham is getting bashed and rightfully so. It was AJ Greens fault that Dalton threw the pick. BJGE was running very well and for some reason, we stopped handing the ball to him.

We need to take a huge Chill Pill on the Dalton Bashing right now. Deep breaths people. Deep breaths.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32184

Quote:
Andy dalton threw the ball to a defensive lineman for a pick six. Meanwhile, Yates led his team down the field with a couple minutes left with tight spirals to tight ends and recievers to win the game. He didnt get happy feet.
Boo on you distorting facts to try and bash your QB. WTF is wrong with you... Watts jumped up and stole that ball andy didnt toss it to him. It happened because Mike Mcgewyn didnt put his hands on Watt and force him to keep his hands down and feet on the ground or get pancaked.

Dalton is Greater than Sanchez. Sanchez was told he wasnt ready leaving college Because he only started 1 year.

Your post are starting to become trashy ramblings. for someone that bleeds orange and black you seem to take any chance you get to talk down on your team...

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by higametz View Post
Get him a better OL and a more dangerous RB who can get you more than 3.5 ypc.....Dalton is quickly developing the David Klingler syndrome and that's getting no time to throw but still trying to make big plays....He ain't Klingler but you can see the last half of the year his inability to go thru progressions, step up in the pocket, side step in the pocket and not just run out of pocket away from the play, and just a bad sense on timing plays.......

A frustration is evident there as well and you better, as an organization, do something to eradicate this so Dalton can remove these bad plays/ thoughts totally from his muscle memory...
better oline? you are aware the bengals had a top 15 oline. is it the olines fault that andy holds the ball 2 long, lacks pocket awareness , pocket presence and misses easy reads? not to mention no wr consistently gets open except aj which leads to coverage sacks and no one mks consistent catches or mks plays consistently except aj. andy and other WR's is who one needs to get better along with a consistent healthy center n i feel robinson will when the job solidifiying our oline unes unless mb doesn't resign smith then we will really b n trouble