Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49114
Default Re: Hulk vs. Superman Outstanding Fight Scene

All of which is fine, but once Hulk's feet are off the ground, he's done. Thus tossing him up in the air makes it an easy win. Once out of contact with the ground, Superman doesn't have to even touch him anymore. He can simple swat him with stuff to get him to go wherever he wants, like bouncing a ping pong ball on a paddle.

Hulk is strong and regenerates, but none of that matters if you're being bounced into a black hole. No contact needed past the initial to get him off the ground. And make certain the "paddle" is something strong enough to "bat" an object the mass of the hulk, but not so dense as to be able to hurt superman, like a tree trunk.

Now if he were to try and hold onto Hulk the whole ride, you have a point. But once away from Earth, why would he have to hold him? Hulk can't fly, so he would simply float towards whatever destination Superman chose. Or maybe he would simply drift amilessly and die in space?

It really isn't much of a contest unless it is a strict hand to hand ground battle, in which case, it is similarly one sided, but favoring the Hulk.

Hulk isn't very bright, but I don't think he's going to just let Superman pick him up and hurl him into space.

Likewise, this swatting premise. Did Hulk lose his arms and the ability to just grab whatever is being swung at him? Chuck Norris, Stallone, Statham... in every one of their movies, someone swings a weapon at them, they grab it and pummel the guy with it. Seems like, if Hulk did fall for some kind of super "let me guess your weight scheme" and just let himself get thrown into space, he's still got the option of taking Superman's stick and beating him to death with it.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21510

Superman could be 10X stronger than what he actually is, and he still wouldn't be able to beat the Hulk. I understand that in the comics, they've actually fought and had Superman win, but if we're thinking of how it SHOULD go down, superman stands zero chance. The Hulk is essentially unbeatable by anyone. Even if you try to kill him in human form, he just reverts to being the Hulk. The longer you fight him, the stronger he gets.

Hulk. Fo. Sho.

Join the Bengals Message Board Survivor League. You know you want to....
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=125239
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton View Post

All of which is fine, but once Hulk's feet are off the ground, he's done. Thus tossing him up in the air makes it an easy win. Once out of contact with the ground, Superman doesn't have to even touch him anymore. He can simple swat him with stuff to get him to go wherever he wants, like bouncing a ping pong ball on a paddle.

Hulk is strong and regenerates, but none of that matters if you're being bounced into a black hole. No contact needed past the initial to get him off the ground. And make certain the "paddle" is something strong enough to "bat" an object the mass of the hulk, but not so dense as to be able to hurt superman, like a tree trunk.

Now if he were to try and hold onto Hulk the whole ride, you have a point. But once away from Earth, why would he have to hold him? Hulk can't fly, so he would simply float towards whatever destination Superman chose. Or maybe he would simply drift amilessly and die in space?

It really isn't much of a contest unless it is a strict hand to hand ground battle, in which case, it is similarly one sided, but favoring the Hulk.

Hulk isn't very bright, but I don't think he's going to just let Superman pick him up and hurl him into space.

Likewise, this swatting premise. Did Hulk lose his arms and the ability to just grab whatever is being swung at him? Chuck Norris, Stallone, Statham... in every one of their movies, someone swings a weapon at them, they grab it and pummel the guy with it. Seems like, if Hulk did fall for some kind of super "let me guess your weight scheme" and just let himself get thrown into space, he's still got the option of taking Superman's stick and beating him to death with it.
Quote:
The green scar- The current hulk; has the intelligence of banner the cunning of the gray hulk and strength of the savage hulk his base strength is way over 100 tons. The Hulk of World War Hulk is a cunning and more powerful version than the previous incarnations. His rage is at its most focused, due to meditation training by his ally Hiroim. This incarnation has extremely high durability, as evidenced by his ability to withstand Black Bolt's voice (later revealed to be a Skrull), whereas the Savage Hulk could not. He has had training in combat arms, including broadswords, spears, and battle shields, and is a capable leader and strategist.

Another source of the Green Scar's strength in comparison to other versions is his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. Several instances have been shown where the Hulk and Banner have worked together strategically; most recently to disable Dr Strange. Caiera, the Green Scar's wife, understood Banner as well, and both personalities loved her equally. This is seen as the driving factor in the Banner/Hulk alliance. As a result of being caught in the explosion of the warp core of his ship which brought him to Sakaar, which destroyed the planet, Green Scar's base level of strength was dramatically increased. He can lift well over 100 tons in a functionally calm emotional state.

During a recent burst of an unexplained anger in New York City, Professor X had attempted to slow down the angered beast with intense power, however the Hulk had proven to be resistant to the psionic effects of the professor.
http://hulk.wikia.com/wiki/Hulk#Origin_and_history

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22120

He can grab whatever, but once impacted, the force is delivered and he is sent moving.

When talking beings of this strength, and the tree example I used. Likely the force used to hit the hulk would shatter the tree, so grabbing would be a null factor. In addition, I already posted that the object, again alike a tree trunk, would do no damage to a guy like superman, so Hulk grabbing it would be a non-factor for injuring Superman.

In addition, Hulk would only need some impulse towards a black hole, and then no more "swats" would be needed, nor would they have to be continuous. Thus Superman could come back anytime and deliver additional blows, as Hulk is still floating in space and cannot be vigilant to 360 degrees around him on all planes, 24 hours a day.

It's a non-contest.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3626

This thread is just proof of why Superman is a pretty boring character...