Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14742
Default Mike Zimmer to interview in Cleveland

Quote:
Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has seemingly done everything possible to earn a chance to lead his own team. He's been outspoken in his desire to be a head coach.
But he hasn't interviewed for any of the vacant head coaching jobs this month until now. Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports that Zimmer will interview for the head coaching job in Cleveland.

The Browns have primarily focused on offensive-minded headed coaches after failing to land Oregon coach Chip Kelly. They have Montreal Alouettes head coach Marc Trestman and requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. The team previously met with Penn State coach Bill O'Brien and, former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Zimmer is the only defensive mind to get an interview other than Horton. Zimmer is not afraid to speak his mind whether to his players, media, or potential bosses, according to previous reports. His brash style may possibly be getting in the way of him getting a job, which is a shame because Zimmer is one of the brightest defensive minds in the league.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ls-mike-zimmer

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36780
Default Re: Mike Zimmer to interview in Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I dont want to see him in the AFCN unless its the Bengals HC... But im sure thats how the Ravens felt when marvin came here. (except marvin didnt fix our D and i dont know if Zimmer will fix the Browns O)