Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
The Stars in Stripes's Avatar
The Stars in Stripes The Stars in Stripes is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 242
Rep Points: 234
Default Magic Draft

1. Alec Ogletree LB Georgia 6'3" 234 lbs. - ILB or OLB he is an athlete that can fly. Woul love him at LB for us. Definately time to grab another Georgia LB.

2. Eddie Lacy Alabama 5'10" 220 lbs. - legitimate AFCN RB. He has suprising lateral movement to go along with his power.

2. Travis Fredrick C Wisconsin 6'4" 338 lbs. - finally we have a great center. Never liked the Cook extension.

3. Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia 6'0" 212 lbs. - playmaker in centerfield. AJ will keep him in line.

4. Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin 6'6" 318 lbs. - excellent backup option with possible starting potential. More Wisconsin lineman please!

5. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina 6'7" 267 lbs. - A poor man's Michael Johnson coming out of college. I believe Zimmer can whip him into shape.

6. Shamako Thomas SS Syracuse 6'0" 208 lbs. - good late round option. Playmaker at Syracuse that needs some polishing.

6. Quincy McDuffie KR/ WR Central Florida 5'9" 178 lbs. - Tate who??? He can absolutely fly and can take it to the house at anytime.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Boywonder Boywonder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
Rep Points: 86
Default Re: Magic Draft

No need for a center Kyle Cooks got good football days ahead in stripes.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boywonder View Post
No need for a center Kyle Cooks got good football days ahead in stripes.
Share with me whatever you're smoking.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 630
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Share with me whatever you're smoking.
Yea and me too...im from the northwest and the grand daddy doesnt even get me thinking that crazy...Cook is awful. train me for three months and i bet i "club&rip" cooks weak ***. I think Robinson has some good years ahead of him but i still like the idea of drafting a versatile lineman.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 630
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Magic Draft

I like this draft...but id rather grab michael dyer with that 6th pick instead of Thomas.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
I like this draft...but id rather grab michael dyer with that 6th pick instead of Thomas.
watch some video on Shamarko Thomas if you already haven't. Dude is built like a tank and can run high 4.2's. Needs a little development on his aggressiveness in pass coverage but Zimmer can break him of that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 630
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
watch some video on Shamarko Thomas if you already haven't. Dude is built like a tank and can run high 4.2's. Needs a little development on his aggressiveness in pass coverage but Zimmer can break him of that.
word...il take a look.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:58 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 630
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Magic Draft

Shamarko Thomas= Bob Sanders
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Shamarko Thomas= Bob Sanders
Bigger build and much faster but close yes
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Shamarko Thomas= Bob Sanders

Great kid who had to grow up fast. Lost both of his parents and takes care of younger siblings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GCm4hbQAY
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Rep Points: 2439
Default Re: Magic Draft

Like your draft. Personally think Bernard over Lacy but either one would be a huge upgrade for the team. Only thing I would change is we might need to add another DE earlier than the 5th round regardless of Michael Johnson re-signing, being frachised, or signing elsewhere. Johnson, Gilberry, and Geathers could all be gone and a couple of them probably will be gone. Moving a DE into a 2nd rounder and pushing back taking a Center for around the 4th round. Tackle depth may have to wait til the 5th round to be addressed then. As I said though pretty good draft overall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Like your draft. Personally think Bernard over Lacy but either one would be a huge upgrade for the team. Only thing I would change is we might need to add another DE earlier than the 5th round regardless of Michael Johnson re-signing, being frachised, or signing elsewhere. Johnson, Gilberry, and Geathers could all be gone and a couple of them probably will be gone. Moving a DE into a 2nd rounder and pushing back taking a Center for around the 4th round. Tackle depth may have to wait til the 5th round to be addressed then. As I said though pretty good draft overall.
No centers in the 4th that are better than what we have.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Rep Points: 2439
Default Re: Magic Draft

I like Frederick but I don't think I would draft him that early. If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th then great. If I was going to take a Center prospect that early it would be a more versatile player in Barrett Jones toward the top of the 2nd round.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Magic Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I like Frederick but I don't think I would draft him that early. If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th then great. If I was going to take a Center prospect that early it would be a more versatile player in Barrett Jones toward the top of the 2nd round.
Frederick Plays C and G so he's versatile and he's a 2nd rd grade right now he won't be there in the 3rd or 4th. Not many good centers who come along that's 6'4 338.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.