Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
We do need speed & a game changer at RB...I'd get Reggie Bush in free agency..or i would draft Andre Ellington...But i'd rather have Bush.
God I'd love Reggie Bush
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxfan26 View Post
You guys can rip Jay Gruden & blame him all you want for the crappy offense, but I think you're forgetting that Andy changes the play at the line of scrimmage MOST of the time. He's the cat making the bad reads & the wrong audibles. But that's alright...he's learning still. He'll figure it out.
I'd guess that the audibles are also plays called by Gruden. Andy isn't calling the shots out there.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5734
Default Re: Jay Gruden Knows...

Quote:
You guys can rip Jay Gruden & blame him all you want for the crappy offense, but I think you're forgetting that Andy changes the play at the line of scrimmage MOST of the time. He's the cat making the bad reads & the wrong audibles. But that's alright...he's learning still. He'll figure it out.
Not exactly. First Dalton doesn't change the play nearly as often as you think. Second the audibles are all designed by Jay also. You seem to think that they let Andy be Peyton Manning out there and call his own plays - they don't.

Maybe they should...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18725

We saw some signs of what we mistook as creativity from Jay early in the season. It was actually just stuff we never saw under Brat. Our bad. Otherwise, I don't think the guy ever looked at tape on an upcoming opponent and game planned for that opponent. We saw the same "trick" plays once every other game, otherwise I don't think he updated his playbook the entire season.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10214

Gruden is mad at himself for calling two screens early that got blown up ("We hadnít run a lot of screens throughout the year and now you see why"), but he thought it was the best way to attack Houston's pass rush.

Two things :

1. Why is it our coaches can't get players who've been playing football for 15 years to run a screen ? ?
Why haven't we ran a lot of screens throughout the year ? ? Isn't this what practice time is for ? ?

2. Why would one make a play you haven't ran much all year a focus of your playoff game ? ?

Baffling !
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23978

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
God I'd love Reggie Bush
I can't remember the last time we had a back that was a good receiver out of the backfield. Law Firm, Benson, Rudi and even Corey were all poor receivers. I guess Eric Bieniemy was the last one that caught a ton of passes.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Giovani Bernard is the guy I would love to add. Change of pace back and would be a great returner as well. So my wish list to fill the need would be 1. Bernard 2. Ellington 3. Bush
Never understood why Marvin dosent go after a playmaker back with as much as he loves to run the ball. Still ****** we didnt go after Doug Martin this past draft.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
We do need speed & a game changer at RB...I'd get Reggie Bush in free agency..or i would draft Andre Ellington...But i'd rather have Bush.
What about trading for a McFadden for the right price. Dude has had health issues but I could really see him looking for some redemption as he was all beast mode for Hue and Raiders before the failed Carson experiment began. Raiders need the draft picks and McFadden has the speed we need. The Law Firm would be our short yardage guy. Imagine McFadden hitting those same holes Green Ellis hit...nobody would have caught him.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBengal View Post
Whitworth as well. He might be the most overrated O lineman in the league.
He whine's about never getting to the pro bowl. His missed blocked caused that blind side sack of Dalton that almost went as a fumble. He got handled against Houston.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Not exactly. First Dalton doesn't change the play nearly as often as you think. Second the audibles are all designed by Jay also. You seem to think that they let Andy be Peyton Manning out there and call his own plays - they don't.

Maybe they should...
You don't need to be Manning to know that you don't run 8 plays right into the teeth of a run blitz like they did at Pittsburgh.......It's common sense. Now, IDK what they do/don't allow Dalton to do but if you're playing QB in the NFL then you (coaches) better allow a 4 year college starting QB with multiple All conf years who won a RB to get the offense in and out of potentially damaging situations.....This, in and of itself, corrects a whole bunch of issues with this offense and keeps an opposing defense on it's heels a bit more..
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27427

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
I doubt you will see Herron on the field, next year.
Herron = ST stud... and Leonards replacement

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Gruden is mad at himself for calling two screens early that got blown up ("We hadnít run a lot of screens throughout the year and now you see why"), but he thought it was the best way to attack Houston's pass rush.

Two things :

1. Why is it our coaches can't get players who've been playing football for 15 years to run a screen ? ?
Why haven't we ran a lot of screens throughout the year ? ? Isn't this what practice time is for ? ?

2. Why would one make a play you haven't ran much all year a focus of your playoff game ? ?

Baffling !

Its a shame we cant execute a simple screen play. he screen is by far my favorite play in football. Its why I love watching Oregon run their offense so much in college.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: Jay Gruden Knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Probably the most ignorant post I have eved read on these boards and that is saying something.

He said Andy has things to work on. Yes he does. He did not say that Andy is the worst QB ever, that he has reached his ceiling, and that would should trade all of our picks so that we can draft Geno Smith.

I would ask if you can see the difference but the answer makes itself brutally obvious.
What are you the post doctor, folks are allowed to voice an opinion, without you blasting them, you aren't so darn smart yourself, so give everyone a break, and you will be more respected, and this is my opinion, slast away.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 445

Loved Eric Bienemy! Dude did everything very well - run, catch, and block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I can't remember the last time we had a back that was a good receiver out of the backfield. Law Firm, Benson, Rudi and even Corey were all poor receivers. I guess Eric Bieniemy was the last one that caught a ton of passes.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12017

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
What are you the post doctor, folks are allowed to voice an opinion, without you blasting them, you aren't so darn smart yourself, so give everyone a break, and you will be more respected, and this is my opinion, slast away.
Yeah, but it's only "calling someone out from behind a keyboard" when he gets a return dose! That's all I see him and a few others do on here, and when someone dishes it back, those folks are "internet tough guys".

Hello pot, may I introduce you to the kettle?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremaineMackAttack View Post
Loved Eric Bienemy! Dude did everything very well - run, catch, and block.
Yep, plus he had one of the best Berman nicknames ever.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1019

I think its a near LOCK that we attempt to draft a running back with our first round pick. Not saying we take one in the end, but I think the effort will be there.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
22nd ranked NFL offense. It actually went down two positions from his first season.

That's not enough for ya?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: Jay Gruden Knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
Yeah, but it's only "calling someone out from behind a keyboard" when he gets a return dose! That's all I see him and a few others do on here, and when someone dishes it back, those folks are "internet tough guys".

Hello pot, may I introduce you to the kettle?
I'm not trying to be a tough guy, just wondering why he is so disrespectable to people, after all it is only a discussion board.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1986

Jay's offence was a big disappointment this year after a pretty decent start. Looked like we'd be a lil more explosive with the ball, but that wasnt the case down the stretch. Im willing to give the guy next year, gotta appreciate he's working with an offence who's main parts are young guys, and that with time they should hopefully develop.

I wanna see a lot more experimental stuff next year if he stays (or from the new OC if he doesnt). We dont involve Hawkins nearly enough in trick plays or screens or whatever. Get the ball in his hands short and let him go make some guys miss. Sanu over the middle a bit more should help. We cant ONLY go deep to AJ, do it but keep him in the short game too. Our offence was pretty basic and predictable in the playoff game. More experimental plays would be good. We have players to make them happen.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4712

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Not looking good for us then.
Not good either way then, Gruden leaves then the organization that choose Bratkowski and Gruden as the last 2 OCs will be choosing the next one
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 765

jay should go i dont know if i can take another year of his play calling. X-(
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7225

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post

Two things :

Baffling !
No game breaker at RB might be the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
What about trading for a McFadden for the right price. Dude has had health issues but I could really see him looking for some redemption as he was all beast mode for Hue and Raiders before the failed Carson experiment began. Raiders need the draft picks and McFadden has the speed we need. The Law Firm would be our short yardage guy. Imagine McFadden hitting those same holes Green Ellis hit...nobody would have caught him.
I would love Darren McFadden on this team, him having a poor year this season had nothing to do with Carson btw, Greg Knapp switched O-line schemes, he switched to a scheme that the whole world knew McFadden struggled in, Zone Blocking. Knapp was with the Raiders, McFadden's first 2 seasons and they ran a zone scheme and DMC struggled, his 3rd season they switch to a power scheme and he excels, 4th season he's best RB in the league through 6 games and gets injured, 5th season they switch back to Zone scheme and he struggles and gets hurt. 6th season, Bengal?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
OMG!!! Jay is a hater! He dare to speaketh an uncomplimentary word in regards to Andy Dalton, blessed be his name. Come on guys, lets lambast him on the message boards and say he's not a real fan.
LMAO!!!! U know they want to
Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodeyman View Post
How about that kid from NC named Bernard?
Gio Bernard would be a game changer for us! He has speed, can catch the ball, return punts, and he is hard to bring down. The Bengals haven't had that kind of player in a long time....