Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360
bengals The Best Off-Season possible

RE-SIGNING:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Simms, Thomas Howard, Rey Mauluaga(as a back up to Vontaze) Chris Crocker(only to help the youngins) Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Andrew Hawkins.

FREE AGENTS:
Dominek Hixon WR-He has good size and speed. Soft hands and would be the missing peice to a progressing WR group...now that he is healthy.
Antoine Cason CB- Long, fast, physical corner. Great speed and good hands. I think hed compete for the spot oppo Hall.
Lawrence Jackson DE- Former First round pick, which we all know we love. Fits the mold of DE's we like. Good size 6'4 270 lbs and quickness. Would be a solid rotational player!! I think jackson would be great here.
Steve Slaton-fast change of pace back we need in the mix with Lacy, and BJGE. Slaton is elusive and adds a different dynamic to the backfield.

NFL DRAFT:
1. Barrett Jones OG/OC/OT Alabama-This guy on our Oline would be so amazing...his ability to play wherever we feel we need help makes him the clear pick here. We need to improve our pass protection and give dalton more confidence back there. its a must.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB(whom at the combine will run a 4.4), Stepfan Taylor RB, Montee Ball RB-BJGE is a product of an outstanding run blocking offensive line. All three backs here are big everydown backs whom can take it to the house and run between the tackles. these three will def take over for the law firm by mid season...which needs to happen. Im happy with anyone of these three, and our running game becomes elite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2UdKDeyWAs
2b. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford/Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M-Thomas is a relentless beast with a non stop motor to the ball carrier and the quarterback. Future stud in the NFL and a Day 1 starter for us. Porter is a freak athlete who can rush, cover and tackle. Might need to bulk up a lil bit but only time will time. prefer thomas but would be happy with either or.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NWVkZRKT4
3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State-At 6'5 260 lbs Jenkins is an animal, and has great pass rushings skills registerins 22 sacks in basically 2 season having to miss all but 1 game in the 2012 season due to injury. Jenkins has had the time to heal and baring a setback at the combine he would be a steal for us here. Jenkins with Dunlap, Johnson, jackson and Gilberry, would be very nice on the outside. If u dont believe me just watch the tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina-Great tackler, obviously can cover. Has even played corner in big games and shut down big time receivers in the process. great in press coverage, and very physical. This guys instincts, and cover skills coupled with nelsons tackling would finally relieve some stress for all of us at the back end of the secondary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVXXAF0u64
5. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Tall, physical, lengthy corner, with good speed. Played well consistantly at a very high level of competition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMf1-grkO4
6a. Meshak Williams OLB Kansas State-6'3 245 lbs Meshak is a beast, almost had him here when i made this mock initially, and he was arguably the best defensive player this year on kansas states D. Meshak Had 11 sacks and is a good tackler...could be primed as a better coverage Linebacker over time but this guy would be a great project behind the starting lineup.
6b. Ben Cotton TE Nebraska-Great Blocking TE which is what we need. We can finally put an end to the dennis roland idea. I love this pic and would obviously want Williams from bama over cotton i just think he wont be available here.

DEPTH CHART:
offense
QB-Andy Dalton
FB-Jon Connor/Chris Pressley
RB-Eddie Lacy/BJGE/Steve Slaton
WR-AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen
TE-Jermaine Gresham, Orsen Charles, Ben Cotton
LT-Andrew Whitworth
LG-Clint Boling
C-Barrett Jones
RG-Kevin Zeitler
RT-Andre Smith
defense
RDE-Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry
DT-Geno Atkins, Pat Sims
NT-Devon Still, Brandon Thompson, Domata peko
LDE-Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Jenkins, Lawrence Jackson
SLB-Chase Thomas/Sean Porter, Dontay Moch, Meshak Williams
MLB-Vontaze Burfict, Rey Mauluaga
WLB-Thomas Howard, Emmanuel Lammur
RCB-Leon Hall, Jason Allen, Brandon Ghee
LCB-Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Antoine Cason, Sanders Commings
FS-Reggie Nelson, George Illoka
SS-D.J Swearinger, Taylor Mays, Chris Crocker
PR-Adam Jones
KR-Steve Slaton

This is my Pre and Post Combine mock. I think our team builds through the draft tremendously this way and becomes super bowl bound. GO BENGALS!!!

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5624
Default Re: The Best Off-Season possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
RE-SIGNING:
Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Simms, Thomas Howard, Rey Mauluaga(as a back up to Vontaze) Chris Crocker(only to help the youngins) Kevin Huber, Josh Brown, Andrew Hawkins.

FREE AGENTS:
Dominek Hixon WR-He has good size and speed. Soft hands and would be the missing peice to a progressing WR group...now that he is healthy.
Antoine Cason CB- Long, fast, physical corner. Great speed and good hands. I think hed compete for the spot oppo Hall.
Lawrence Jackson DE- Former First round pick, which we all know we love. Fits the mold of DE's we like. Good size 6'4 270 lbs and quickness. Would be a solid rotational player!! I think jackson would be great here.
Steve Slaton-fast change of pace back we need in the mix with Lacy, and BJGE. Slaton is elusive and adds a different dynamic to the backfield.

NFL DRAFT:
1. Barrett Jones OG/OC/OT Alabama-This guy on our Oline would be so amazing...his ability to play wherever we feel we need help makes him the clear pick here. We need to improve our pass protection and give dalton more confidence back there. its a must.
2a. Eddie Lacy RB(whom at the combine will run a 4.4), Stepfan Taylor RB, Montee Ball RB-BJGE is a product of an outstanding run blocking offensive line. All three backs here are big everydown backs whom can take it to the house and run between the tackles. these three will def take over for the law firm by mid season...which needs to happen. Im happy with anyone of these three, and our running game becomes elite.
2b. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford/Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M-Thomas is a relentless beast with a non stop motor to the ball carrier and the quarterback. Future stud in the NFL and a Day 1 starter for us. Porter is a freak athlete who can rush, cover and tackle. Might need to bulk up a lil bit but only time will time. prefer thomas but would be happy with either or.
3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State-At 6'5 260 lbs Jenkins is an animal, and has great pass rushings skills registerins 22 sacks in basically 2 season having to miss all but 1 game in the 2012 season due to injury. Jenkins has had the time to heal and baring a setback at the combine he would be a steal for us here. Jenkins with Dunlap, Johnson, jackson and Gilberry, would be very nice on the outside. If u dont believe me just watch the tape.
4. D.J Swearinger FS South Carolina-Great tackler, obviously can cover. Has even played corner in big games and shut down big time receivers in the process. great in press coverage, and very physical. This guys instincts, and cover skills coupled with nelsons tackling would finally relieve some stress for all of us at the back end of the secondary.
5. Sanders Commings CB Georgia-Tall, physical, lengthy corner, with good speed. Played well consistantly at a very high level of competition.
6a. Meshak Williams OLB Kansas State-6'3 245 lbs Meshak is a beast, almost had him here when i made this mock initially, and he was arguably the best defensive player this year on kansas states D. Meshak Had 11 sacks and is a good tackler...could be primed as a better coverage Linebacker over time but this guy would be a great project behind the starting lineup.
6b. Ben Cotton TE Nebraska-Great Blocking TE which is what we need. We can finally put an end to the dennis roland idea. I love this pic and would obviously want Williams from bama over cotton i just think he wont be available here.

DEPTH CHART:
offense
QB-Andy Dalton
WR-AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Domenik Hixon, Andrew Hawkins, Ryan Whalen
LT-Andrew Whitworth
LG-Clint Boling
C-Barrett Jones
RG-Kevin Zeitler
RT-Andre Smith
defense
DT-Geno Atkins, Pat Sims
NT-Devon Still, Brandon Thompson,
PR-Adam Jones
KR-Steve Slaton

This is my Pre and Post Combine mock. I think our team builds through the draft tremendously this way and becomes super bowl bound. GO BENGALS!!!
I agree we need an upgrade at Center, but where's Peko?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2755

Quote:
RE-SIGNING:

FREE AGENTS:

NFL DRAFT:

DEPTH CHART:
offense
QB-Andy Dalton
LT-Andrew Whitworth
LG-Clint Boling
C-Barrett Jones
RG-Kevin Zeitler
RT-Andre Smith
defense
DT-Geno Atkins, Pat Sims
NT-Devon Still, Brandon Thompson,
PR-Adam Jones
KR-Steve Slaton

I can definitely tell you that having no backups for the OL will not happen. I can't think of a year where there wasn't at least one injury on the OL throughout the whole year. Add the depth to the OL like you have the rest of the positions.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
I agree we need an upgrade at Center, but where's Peko?
That was my first thought too haha
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6377

Don't mind taking center at all, I just don't think it will ever happen.

If it did, I would go with Frederick out of Wisconsin. I think he's a much better fit at center.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunz View Post
Also, I don't know why we wouldn't bring back newman for cheap. He played well all year except one game.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Don't mind taking center at all, I just don't think it will ever happen.

If it did, I would go with Frederick out of Wisconsin. I think he's a much better fit at center.
And he's a good LG too. Our weakest spots on our OL this past year were C and LG. Getting Frederick to compete for both spots and take the best two out of Frederick, Boling, and Robinson could be the best situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
I can definitely tell you that having no backups for the OL will not happen. I can't think of a year where there wasn't at least one injury on the OL throughout the whole year. Add the depth to the OL like you have the rest of the positions.
We obviouly have back ups bro...I just did nt think I needed to put them in there for u guys...I stand corrected.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
And he's a good LG too. Our weakest spots on our OL this past year were C and LG. Getting Frederick to compete for both spots and take the best two out of Frederick, Boling, and Robinson could be the best situation.
Didnt know frederick can play guard also...thats legit.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Also, I don't know why we wouldn't bring back newman for cheap. He played well all year except one game.
Not a newman fan hes 35 next season, I dont see him progressing...out with the old in with the new please.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Peko is awful!!! I watched him alot this year, youd think he was taking plays off. I dont want him in our interior rotation if it was up to me...hes weak. But yea bad hes noy on there...il fix it, but I wouldnt even be opposed to cutting him. Just nota fan nemore.

Last edited by RIPChrisHenry; 01-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29285

The Bengals will not be drafting a center.

The only way they draft any OL before the 3rd round (if that) is if they lose Andre.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post

The only way they draft any OL before the 3rd round (if that) is if they lose Andre.
ha ok jason.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 348

Quote:

i agree that they prolly wont take a true center cause marvin has wood for cook. But i think the frederick kid could be possible. He can play lg, c and rt in a pinch. Black jesus might go after that versatity, but who the hell knows with him.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 540

Quote:

I think this is incredibly flawed thinking. Please explain yourself.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

I'm glad they made you the GM lol
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

Quote:
Peko is awful!!! I watched him alot this year, youd think he was taking plays off. I dont want him in our interior rotation if it was up to me...hes weak. But yea bad hes noy on there...il fix it, but I wouldnt even be opposed to cutting him. Just nota fan nemore.
...(facepalm so big it goes around the world and hits my face a 2nd time).

CINwillWIN is the man
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
...(facepalm so big it goes around the world and hits my face a 2nd time).
not sure what this means...but peko aint gettin done bud.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: The Best Off-Season possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopty Freakin' Doo! View Post
i agree that they prolly wont take a true center cause marvin has wood for cook. But i think the frederick kid could be possible. He can play lg, c and rt in a pinch. Black jesus might go after that versatity, but who the hell knows with him.
fredericks an animal, and wisconson lineman give me wood ha and the versatility is there as well.