Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Which WR would you want to trade for?
Miles Austin 21 19.81%
Jason Avant 3 2.83%
Jeremy Maclin 15 14.15%
Brian Hartline 12 11.32%
Davon Bess 1 0.94%
Nate Burleson 1 0.94%
Santonio Holmes 5 4.72%
Denarius Moore 2 1.89%
the #2 is already on our team 35 33.02%
Other (please explain) 11 10.38%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 83
Default Re: If the team were to trade for a #2 WR.........

Maclin is the best out of the bunch here and I would love to see him in stripes doing what he did in Philly when Vick was healthy and throwing the ball pretty good. I would also take Denarius Moore also being as he's a burner and has made a ton of big plays for Oakland with Carson throwing to him.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773

SHhhhhhhh ! Never tell anybody that I said this.

Antonio Brown would be sweet with AJ and my choice.

But even though this would be my choice. Hate the steelers way too much and would rather not.

Do think we need another WR though, per draft or FA. But unlike most others. Think Sanu is going to be real good and perfect compliment to AJ in the future.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

I would trade for Holmes...if he can prevent himself from throwing shot glasses at women.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16653
Default Re: we still need a number 2 receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Marvin Jones "still" can't get separation. You state it like he has been in the league for 8 years.
I guess the two times he was wide open and Dalton did not see him, and the ball knocked out of Daltons' hand against the Texans doesn't count.

Jones has been open and not hit more than once, because of poor play at the Center Position.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5778
bengals Re: If the team were to trade for a #2 WR.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
One word for you ..........ROOKIE!
He can develop as the team's #4 receiver when the Bengals sign Bowe and Shipley as FAs... Green/Bowe/Shipley sounds like an amazing starting WR group.. with Hawkins/Sanu/Jones as depth.. that'd rival anyone's WR group in the league.

Bengals FA: A period where fans want them to keep their own, unless the team doesn't manage to, in which case they were either overrated or overpaid. Or they weren't a team player. Or I think they said they were a Steelers fan once. I heard they preferred Gold Star over Skyline anyway. Oh well, they're easily replaceable by *insert unproven backup player or rookie name here*.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1715

emmanuel sanders devery henderson reggie cobb julian edelman jacoby jones all these are # 3 receivers better than any number 2 we have I could go on. The saints number 4 robert meachem is better than any receiver we have besides AJ. If this doesnt get addressed we wont make it out of the first round. if we even make it back.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
He can develop as the team's #4 receiver when the Bengals sign Bowe and Shipley as FAs... Green/Bowe/Shipley sounds like an amazing starting WR group.. with Hawkins/Sanu/Jones as depth.. that'd rival anyone's WR group in the league.
why would the team add Ship after he got cut for Hawkins and Whalen last time?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin_city4L View Post
why would the team add Ship after he got cut for Hawkins and Whalen last time?

as far as i know he got cut because of an injury. if he was healthy, he would have been on our roster this season.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 525

why do we need to trade for an old WR?

Its not like we need a focus. a Vet is not the way to go, Stunts development of all the drafted guys from last 2 years.

We draft one IF it falls. Truth be told if we could cut the sacks in half would be a world of difference for the WR we have. I know its not popular but I would draft g/c fairly high.

"We treat it like the Hunger Games,"Whoever gets there first, me, Geno, and Mike are licking our chops like we hadn't eaten all day." -Dunlap
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
Or Dwayne Bowe as a FA (if he becomes one) I think he has the ideal skills for a number 2. Otherwise, I keep Sanu or Jones over what we would have to give up to trade for most of this list. Let's wait and see who is available once the FA period begins to hit this topic up further.
I doubt he does, KC has Andy Reid now, Bowe is more talented than any receiver he's coached other than TO.

Anyway, I voted for Maclin, he's the best receiver on that team and has very reliable hands, plus he can take the top off of defenses.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 765

i want bowe
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1337

when I look at the Bengals WRs, I don't see that pure burner that can blow the lid off a secondary.

we all know what Green is about
so I will move on

Sanu reminds me of a young Anquan Boldin. Strong upper body who can make tough catches in traffic and knows how to use his body.

Hawkins is more quick than fast. his lack of height hurts him. The throw has to be perfect.
he can reach and turn around but on over throws he's not gonna be able to sky for it.

Tate I still don't know about. when you are targeted once a game,theres not a large body of work.

Whalen to me is just another big effort guy. Good hands,but he's limited. Not fast,not quick has no change
of direction or wiggle after the catch.

Mike Wallace would be a perfect fit or Denarius Moore who would be alot cheaper.

another alternative is to find that blazer at RB who can catch a pass in the flat then create havoc under neath.
we haven't had a RB that could catch and create yards since 2005.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 182

Never happen, but I'd love to see a trade for Larry Fitzgerald. Bengals have the cap room and Fitz is just wasting away on a team with no QB. A team with 3 playoff berths in 4 years might look attractive enough to want to re-work that huge contract.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Why not let the promising young players-Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins develop? Seriously!
I agree. Unless another AJ Green becomes available.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Hawkins will only ever have so much upside... and its not much more than what he has now.

All the Raiders WRs are up for Grabs...
Hawkins is also limited by an OC who can't figure out how to use him effectively.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLucieBengal View Post
why do we need to trade for an old WR?

Its not like we need a focus. a Vet is not the way to go, Stunts development of all the drafted guys from last 2 years.

We draft one IF it falls. Truth be told if we could cut the sacks in half would be a world of difference for the WR we have. I know its not popular but I would draft g/c fairly high.
id have to say the sacks would be cut in half If we had better linemen outside of Zeitler and Whitworth. Andre is ok but has only been above average this season IMO.

Although Andy's stats would be better if we had a VETERAN as a #2 and let our youngsters fight for the #3 or 4 spots.

young WRs after Aj on our team are expendable. just because they are on our team does not mean they are great. it seems to me that most of us as fans have the " NOW NOW NOW" attitude when it comes to winning and such but when we talk about bringing in a veteran for the #2 spot you contradict yourselves and revert back to "NO NO NO, let our young guys develop"

If anything, signing a vet would light a fire under the youngsters arses to practice harder and get better. ever think of that? maybe thats why andy is getting better quicker and maybe thats why carson regressed, because they didnt have a QB behind them that could/can effectively take their jobs away from them. when you have job security like carson did, there is no motivation to get better.

how can you wait for the young guys develop and still have a win now attitude?

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

Last edited by Dalton's_Gang; 01-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Hawkins is also limited by an OC who can't figure out how to use him effectively.
He's most effective on crossing routes and bubble screens. That limits what you can do offensively when he's on the field. I like him, but not as a #3, more like a #5.

I would try to sign a veteran FA #2 WR. Then Sanu can move to the slot and you have Jones and Hawkins as your #4 and #5.

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Why not let the promising young players-Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins develop? Seriously!
Did you literally not see the whole season?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
id have to say the sacks would be cut in half If we had better linemen outside of Zeitler and Whitworth. Andre is ok but has only been above average this season IMO.

Although Andy's stats would be better if we had a VETERAN as a #2 and let our youngsters fight for the #3 or 4 spots.

young WRs after Aj on our team are expendable. just because they are on our team does not mean they are great. it seems to me that most of us as fans have the " NOW NOW NOW" attitude when it comes to winning and such but when we talk about bringing in a veteran for the #2 spot you contradict yourselves and revert back to "NO NO NO, let our young guys develop"

If anything, signing a vet would light a fire under the youngsters arses to practice harder and get better. ever think of that? maybe thats why andy is getting better quicker and maybe thats why carson regressed, because they didnt have a QB behind them that could/can effectively take their jobs away from them. when you have job security like carson did, there is no motivation to get better.

how can your young guys develop and still have a win now attitude?
Gradkowski wasn't brought in to push Andy to get better. He was handed the backup spot to be a veteran mentor, since he was familiar with the Gruden system in Tampa. Gradkowski's probably a nice guy, but he'd have to actually be effective to effectively take Andy's job from him. Andy gets better because he has the drive to get better, and because he wasn't a 1st round QB so he has to earn his paycheck.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7273

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllWill View Post
Gradkowski wasn't brought in to push Andy to get better. He was handed the backup spot to be a veteran mentor, since he was familiar with the Gruden system in Tampa. Gradkowski's probably a nice guy, but he'd have to actually be effective to effectively take Andy's job from him. Andy gets better because he has the drive to get better, and because he wasn't a 1st round QB so he has to earn his paycheck.
Grad could do the mentor thing as the 3rd QB, we need to bring in someone to keep Andy on his toes.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllWill View Post
i meant to say why andy isnt getting better. was a typo. there were pleanty of other better
QBs out there to be a mentor. Jeff Garcia , Jake Delhome, Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper. somebody like those guys would have been a better mentor than bruce gradkowski.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Grad could do the mentor thing as the 3rd QB, we need to bring in someone to keep Andy on his toes.
which is why we should sign someone like alex smith to be the back up or kyle orton perhaps. David garrard wouldnt be a bad signing either. all 3 of those guys would be good enough to give andy a run for his money as starting QB or perhaps matt hasslebeck.