Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 136
Default My 1st EVER Mock Draft...

Love the Bengals (hurts a lot, but I bleed orange and black). 10-6 in 2013 will be a task... but we will. Drafting the following will help....

IMO, biggest need for improvement MLB, S and RB (I believe MJ & Gilberry will be resigned at DE. Sanu and M Jones looked better than 95% of the 2012 wr rookie class).

My first choice for rd one is Ogletree... but I don't see him making it past the Steelers (or Bears). So...

#1 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
#2a Khaseem Greene,MLB, Rutgers (Giovani Bernard is very tempting here, but the drop-off at MLB available by pick 53 is significant... especially with Randle or Lacy there)
#2b Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama (the power of the Bama o-line makes me a bit nervous taking Lacy ahead of Randle..
either one, I'll be happy).
#3 Alvin Bailey, G, Arkansas (taking the top available OL in the first 3 rounds is never a bad idea)
#4 Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (Travis Kelce tempting here with Gresh's ups and downs... but Charles looks solid in limited play... I think we give #84 one more year)
#5 Derek Carr*, QB, Fresno State (someone needs to push/back-up AD)
#6 Cameron Marshall, RB, AZ State (Alfred Morris 2.0)
#7 Craig Roh, Michigan

Last edited by hotwing; 01-10-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: My 1st EVER Mock Draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwing View Post
Love the Bengals (hurts a lot, but I bleed orange and black). 10-6 in 2013 will be a task... but we will. Drafting the following will help....

IMO, biggest need for improvement MLB, S and RB (I believe MJ & Gilberry will be resigned at DE. Sanu and M Jones looked better than 95% of the 2012 wr rookie class).

My first choice for rd one is Ogletree... but I don't see him making it past the Steelers (or Bears). So...

#1 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
#2a Khaseem Greene,MLB, Rutgers (Giovani Bernard is very tempting here, but the drop-off at MLB available by pick 53 is significant... especially with Randle or Lacy there)
#2b Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama (the power of the Bama o-line makes me a bit nervous taking Lacy ahead of Randle..
either one, I'll be happy).
#3 Alvin Bailey, G, Arkansas (taking the top available OL in the first 3 rounds is never a bad idea)
#4 Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (Travis Kelce tempting here with Gresh's ups and downs... but Charles looks solid in limited play... I think we give #84 one more year)
#5 Derek Carr*, QB, Fresno State (someone needs to push/back-up AD)
#6 Cameron Marshall, RB, AZ State (Alfred Morris 2.0)
#7 Craig Roh, Michigan
Not bad for a 1st mock. A couple of things stick out tho.

1.Greene is not a MLB and is to small to play it.
2.Lacy will be gone by that time.
3. Derek Carr has not declared yet and probably won't.
4. I don't see us drafting a S in the 1st when their is more value a little later on.
5. We need a change of pace back, so drafting Lacy early and then drafting another big back later doesn't make sense. Someone like Kerwynn Williams or Zac Stacy fits the need better there.
6. I have no problem taking O Line but it needs to be a Center because Cook is garbage.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 AM

Rep Points: 16
bengals Re: My 1st EVER Mock Draft...

I wouldn't be happy with this draft at all. We would be crazy to take a RB before the 3rd round. Every year the non first round RB always fall deeper in the draft. example: last year Turbin,Miller,James,Pead,Polk all went late, some very late. No RB in the second if there are guys like SS Elam and C Frederick around.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass*bengal View Post
I wouldn't be happy with this draft at all. We would be crazy to take a RB before the 3rd round. Every year the non first round RB always fall deeper in the draft. example: last year Turbin,Miller,James,Pead,Polk all went late, some very late. No RB in the second if there are guys like SS Elam and C Frederick around.
Turbin,Miller,James,Pead,Polk all did NOTHING as rookies and then some drafted early did well. The only back that went late and did anything was Alfred Morris.We had a chance at Doug Martin last year and passed and we all know how that turned out,k meanwhile Kirk was injured all year.

Each year is different, this year their are 2-4 backs worth a 2nd or 3rd pick that'd be a good pick for us. We have to UPGRADE at RB. We can do so and still fill our other needs if we draft smart and fill the other holes in FA.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass*bengal View Post
Pead and James did not go late. They were projected rounds 3-4. Both went in the second round. Miller did go much later than projected though, as did Polk.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1082

Walter Football has Ken Vaccaro as its' 22nd mock draft pick, going to the St. Louis Rams, with Sam Montgomery as its' 21st mock draft pick.

Is there a diference betwen the two? And what is the Cincinnati Bengal greater need.....defensive end or safety?