Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 202
Default The best that I can provide. (+ 53)

Okay here we go!

Trade our first (21) to Miami for their two 2nds (42 and 54). That is a fair trade. I don't really care for any 1st rounders this year. All the prospects I like this year are either rated too high or rated lower. But this trade down idea is more than just about depth.

I think that after the combine Hopkins will be a sure 1st rounder. But I don't know. Even after that amazing bowl game he is still only the 4th rated WR on most sites and a high to mid 2nd rounder. So as of right now that's all I have to go by.

2 - 37) DeAndre Hopkins 2WR Clemson
Let's all face it. We NEED some WR help. When Sanu comes around and Jones gets some experience I believe they can be great WR's. But I still think we need that sure number 2 guy. If a team somehow shuts down Adriel Jesus Green we're screwed. But Hopkins can take over games! He can play 2nd fiddle. He can go deep. 4.40 speed. Decent height. Please Draft this guy. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
2 - 42) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
BJGE needs help. This pick is very popular on the boards lately. I think Bernard goes late first and after that it's anyones best guess. But in my opinion Lacy can be the man here.
2 - 53) Khaseem Greene WLB/S Rutgers
Move 'Taze inside. Keep Howard for depth and experience.
2 - 54) Chase Thomas SLB Stanford
Lawson needs to go. I'm not the first to say it. These 2 LB picks can make a huge difference.
3 - 84) T.J. McDonald SS USC
I'm sticking with McDonald. He is known as a hard hitter and has lead his team in tackles. I really like what he could bring to the table.
4 - 115) Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State
6-3 260. A pass rusher. Hurt this year but had 8 sacks and 12 TFL last year
13.5 sacks and 21.5 TFL the year before that.
5 - 149) Khaled Holmes C USC
He is ranked higher BUT has had a horrid senior season. Centers fall all the time. But Holmes has had some good years at USC and can maybe provide some good competition.
6 - 180)
Jordan Mills OT Louisiana Tech
6-5 315. Depth. "Pulses" posted an article on this guy.
6 - 188) Nigel Malone CB Kansas State
A ball hawk. 47 tackles this year and 58 last year. 5 picks, 8 pass break ups this year and with 7 picks and 10 break ups last year.

QB Dalton, Gradkowski
WR Green, Hopkins, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, Whalen
TE Gresham, Charles
RB Lacy, Green-Ellis, Peerman, Herron
FB Conner

C T.Robinson, Holmes

G Zeitler, Boling, Hudson, T.Robinson
OT Whitworth, Smith, Collins, Mills

LB Burfict, Howard, Greene, Thomas, Schaffer, Maualuga, Skuta/Lamur
S Nelson, McDonald, Mays, Iloka/Miles/Dye
CB Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, Malone, Ghee/Prater/Newman
DT Atkins, Peko, Still, Thompson, Sims
DE Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, Jenkins
K Nugent
P Huber
LS Harris

Last edited by dcm226; 01-10-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: The best that I can provide. (+ 53)

not a fan of McDonald or Hawthorne. Switch them with Swearinger and Bushell/ McFadden.

No center we draft after the 2nd Rd will even make our team.

Add a DE and TE with the 2 6's.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm226 View Post
Okay here we go!

Trade our first (21) to Miami for their two 2nds (42 and 54). That is a fair trade. I don't really care for any 1st rounders this year. All the prospects I like this year are either rated too high or rated lower. But this trade down idea is more than just about depth.

I think that after the combine Hopkins will be a sure 1st rounder. But I don't know. Even after that amazing bowl game he is still only the 4th rated WR on most sites and a high to mid 2nd rounder. So as of right now that's all I have to go by.

Let's all face it. We NEED some WR help. When Sanu comes around and Jones gets some experience I believe they can be great WR's. But I still think we need that sure number 2 guy. If a team somehow shuts down Adriel Jesus Green we're screwed. But Hopkins can take over games! He can play 2nd fiddle. He can go deep. 4.40 speed. Decent height. Please Draft this guy. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
2 - 42) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
BJGE needs help. This pick is very popular on the boards lately. I think Bernard goes late first and after that it's anyones best guess. But in my opinion Lacy can be the man here.
2 - 53) Khaseem Greene WLB/S Rutgers
Move 'Taze inside. Keep Howard for depth and experience.
2 - 54) Chase Thomas SLB Stanford
Lawson needs to go. I'm not the first to say it. These 2 LB picks can make a huge difference.
3 - 84) T.J. McDonald SS USC
I'm sticking with McDonald. He is known as a hard hitter and has lead his team in tackles.
4 - 115) Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
I want this team to get some younger depth at CB. He can return kicks too.
5 - 149) Khaled Holmes C USC
He is ranked higher BUT has had a horrid senior season. Centers fall all the time. But Holmes has had some good years at USC and can maybe provide some good competition.
6 - 180) Denard Robinson KR/PR/WR/RB/QB Michigan
It's the 6th round. I figured what the hell.
6 - 188) Trey Burton FB/TE/QB/WR Florida
I don't know. I guess I'm getting lazy.

QB Dalton, Gradkowski, D.Robinson
WR Green, Hopkins, Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, Whalen
TE Gresham, Charles, Burton
RB Lacy, Green-Ellis, Peerman, Herron
FB Conner, Burton
C T.Robinson, Holmes
G Zeitler, Boling, Hudson, T.Robinson
OT Whitworth, Smith, Collins

LB Burfict, Howard, Greene, Thomas, Schaffer, Maualuga, Skuta/Lamur
S Nelson, McDonald, Mays, Iloka/Miles/Dye
CB Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, Hawthorne, Ghee/Prater/Newman
DT Atkins, Peko, Still, Thompson, Sims
DE Johnson, Dunlap, Gilberry, FA (I think we should upgrade Geathers with a FA)

K Nugent
P Huber
LS Harris
Love the idea of trading back for 2 second rounders!!! If that could happen i would do it in a heart beat.

Love every pick up until the 3rd. We definitely need a safety with this pick but if swearinger is there I'd love to get him. McDonald would also be a nice pick there if he's not available.

With the 4th it seems like this team keeps loading up with "I almost good enough" Cbs so I'd go a different direction. We already got Ghee and Prater waiting to get a chance, I know they were both injured but they weren't serious injuries we really need to worry about.

I'd rather get a speed guy here, like Denard Robinson becuase he won't last 6th. He is mocked to go in the 3-4 range. If not him get a COP back to go with Lacy, I really like Barner from Oregon, 4.3 speed built very good for his speed and can still run between the tackles for tough yards. Also adds the kick/punt return threat, which we desperetly need becuase Tate is terrible and we can't keep sending pacman out there after a defensive stand and he's always hurting his hammy's.

I like Holmes, could be a high reward in the future if he can get things together.

You will most likely have to do something different with the Robinson pick, and the last guy I don't know anything about.

I love all the second rounders, good mock!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 202

I fixed it up a little. I guess the title was a lie. Hahaha.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I fixed it up a little. I guess the title was a lie. Hahaha.
I like this Kid for an OT alot after reading this article about him and seeing him play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-jordan-mills
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 182

Love the idea of trading back and would love this draft. Particularly the first four picks!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2755

Quote:
Where are you getting this 40 time? According to cbssports and nfldraftscout, he runs a 4.56. He is great in pretty much all other aspects of his game, but his straight line speed is slower compared to other first and second round WR prospects.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Where are you getting this 40 time? According to cbssports and nfldraftscout, he runs a 4.56. He is great in pretty much all other aspects of his game, but his straight line speed is slower compared to other first and second round WR prospects.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=WR

but his best time is in the 4.4's. and he'll run that at the combine too.

I do agree their are WR's who have better straight line speed, but not many have a better skill set he has.

Last edited by pulses; 01-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2755

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=WR

but his best time is in the 4.4's. and he'll run that at the combine too.

I do agree their are WR's who have better straight line speed, but not many have a better skill set he has.
Being in the 4.4's does not mean 4.40. 4.40 and 4.49 is a pretty noticeable difference on the field. I'm not saying I would not like Hopkins, because I would. I just do not like someone giving potentially false information, especially if there is no link to show as evidence for their claim.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Being in the 4.4's does not mean 4.40. 4.40 and 4.49 is a pretty noticeable difference on the field. I'm not saying I would not like Hopkins, because I would. I just do not like someone giving potentially false information, especially if there is no link to show as evidence for their claim.
he gave no false information so don't sweat it. That profile does show he's ran 4.45