Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 11,669
Rep Points: 21039
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Yes!

Trade him now....

What is the going price for a 24 year old 2x pro bowler?
The fact that he's a 24 year old 2X Pro Bowler is a good reason to not trade him. Don't get me wrong,...I think his pro-bowl appearances are a joke, and he definitely needs to improve his game, but the dude is still pretty young and could turn out to be a stud in this league.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,010
Rep Points: 10526
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
The fact that he's a 24 year old 2X Pro Bowler is a good reason to not trade him. Don't get me wrong,...I think his pro-bowl appearances are a joke, and he definitely needs to improve his game, but the dude is still pretty young and could turn out to be a stud in this league.
I really like Kelce the Bearcats TE and think he would be a better fit for us...
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Whoopty Freakin' Doo! Whoopty Freakin' Doo! is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
Rep Points: 348
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
The fact that he's a 24 year old 2X Pro Bowler is a good reason to not trade him. Don't get me wrong,...I think his pro-bowl appearances are a joke, and he definitely needs to improve his game, but the dude is still pretty young and could turn out to be a stud in this league.
he did something a bengal te hasnt done in 31 frikkin years, catch 60 + passes. Ole danny ross was the last to do it a loooong time ago.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Whoopty Freakin' Doo! Whoopty Freakin' Doo! is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
Rep Points: 348
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I really like Kelce the Bearcats TE and think he would be a better fit for us...
damn i glad you aint puttin this team together!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,021
Rep Points: 14948
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
While I don't agree completley with PFF...Gresham graded out as the worst starting TE in the league. And 7 targets for 7 yards (combined with bad blocking) in the biggest game of the year does nothing to disprove that statement.

With that said Gresham is the best option we have on this team right now...but that could change after the draft or free agency.
I find it hard to believe Gresham graded out as the worst TE in the league. There are probably over 100. I believe he was second in TD's ctaches behind Miller also.

Yes he had drops, but he also had some unbelievable catches and plays in the 16 game season. I am glad he is on our team. Oh and BTW, AJ Green has as many or more drops on the year as Gresham. Just saying.
__________________
Young Team Finally Grows Up!!!!!!!

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 AM
wilson's Avatar
wilson wilson is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,692
Rep Points: 54863
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Gresham...interesting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 AM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,673
Rep Points: 10359
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Gresham had the most YAC than any TE (14th in the league) and definitely had less drops than people are stating right now.

He had less drops than Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, A.J. Green, Denarius Moore, Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Doug Martin, Brandon Pettigrew, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Brent Celek, Eric Decker, Jermichael Finley, T.J. Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Myers, Cecil Shorts, Delanie Walker. And that's just naming a few.

Yes, he had a horrible game. but that doesn't mean he had a bad season. Gresham deserved the Pro Bowl. You call it whatever you want, Gresham is a Pro Bowler for a 2nd straight year, and he improved from last year. Apparently, if he didn't deserve it this year, he definitely did last year.

Congrats, Gresham. Can't wait to see how you continue to grow.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM
BigPapaKain's Avatar
BigPapaKain BigPapaKain is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 6,614
Rep Points: 11964
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Oh who gives a $*!#? Its not like he was given All-Pro honors. He got a trip to Hawaii for free - he's as deserving as the people on The Price is Right.

Let it go.
__________________
Vi veri universum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Ian Demagii Ian Demagii is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,311
Rep Points: 2576
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Once again, for those of you who STILL don't get it, no one is going to trade for a guy going into his last year! It makes zero sense unless you do a sign and trade, but that heppens very rarely in the NFL.

Ian
__________________
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its a passing league...
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 AM
TheCincinnatiKid TheCincinnatiKid is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,530
Rep Points: 2032
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

I certainly dont think he was a Pro-bowl TE this year, but congrats Gresh. I think next year is a big year for the guy presuming he's here, I do think we should get more from him than we do, and its down both to coach utilisation and player execution.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
higametz higametz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Points: 226
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Pretty sure he also led them in drops and penalties
Pretty sure you're wrong in the drops........................You need to not assume...More than 25 players had more drops than Gresham..And at least more than 7 TE's including the invincible Graham on NO led the league...

NFL Leaders
Receiving:
NFL | NFC | AFC

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Jimmy Graham NO 13
2t Victor Cruz NYG 10
2t Calvin Johnson Det 10
2t Brandon Marshall Chi 10
2t Demaryius Thomas Den 10
6t Dez Bryant Dal 9
6t Randall Cobb GB 9
6t A.J. Green Cin 9
6t Denarius Moore Oak 9
6t Wes Welker NE 9
11t Julio Jones Atl 8
11t Doug Martin TB 8
11t Brandon Pettigrew Det 8
11t Andre Roberts Ari 8
11t Reggie Wayne Ind 8
16t Donnie Avery Ind 7
16t Brent Celek Phi 7
16t Eric Decker Den
16t Jermichael Finley GB 7
16t T.J. Graham Buf 7
16t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
16t Stevie Johnson Buf 7
16t Brandon Myers Oak 7
16t Cecil Shorts Jac 7
16t Delanie Walker SF 7
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 AM
FootballBender FootballBender is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 644
Rep Points: 521
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

This is why the probowl is a joke now. He got in last year because of injuries and fill in's. He knew this, and vowed to be 10x better this year to make it in legit. Well he failed to live up to that promise and he still gets into the probowl as another fill-in. So now he'll have 2 probowl labels attached to his name.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by higametz View Post
Pretty sure you're wrong in the drops........................You need to not assume...More than 25 players had more drops than Gresham..And at least more than 7 TE's including the invincible Graham on NO led the league...

NFL Leaders
Receiving:
NFL | NFC | AFC

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Jimmy Graham NO 13
2t Victor Cruz NYG 10
2t Calvin Johnson Det 10
2t Brandon Marshall Chi 10
2t Demaryius Thomas Den 10
6t Dez Bryant Dal 9
6t Randall Cobb GB 9
6t A.J. Green Cin 9
6t Denarius Moore Oak 9
6t Wes Welker NE 9
11t Julio Jones Atl 8
11t Doug Martin TB 8
11t Brandon Pettigrew Det 8
11t Andre Roberts Ari 8
11t Reggie Wayne Ind 8
16t Donnie Avery Ind 7
16t Brent Celek Phi 7
16t Eric Decker Den
16t Jermichael Finley GB 7
16t T.J. Graham Buf 7
16t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
16t Stevie Johnson Buf 7
16t Brandon Myers Oak 7
16t Cecil Shorts Jac 7
16t Delanie Walker SF 7
Don't try to confuse morons with facts!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
tmangoud tmangoud is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 803
Rep Points: 950
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I wonder if Whit ever feels like WTF when he sees the likes of Gresh and Andy going to Honolulu while he sits at home.
Umm----Whit is WAY down the list...He's got NO gripe.
If you think Whit is one of the best O-line men in the league--you haven't been paying attention.

Our O-line is one of our great weaknesses.
__________________
tman
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,735
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Umm----Whit is WAY down the list...He's got NO gripe.
If you think Whit is one of the best O-line men in the league--you haven't been paying attention.

Our O-line is one of our great weaknesses.
So because the line is a weakness, that means that all 5 guys are bad? There can't be some good lineman?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,735
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Once again, for those of you who STILL don't get it, no one is going to trade for a guy going into his last year! It makes zero sense unless you do a sign and trade, but that heppens very rarely in the NFL.

Ian
He actually has 2 years left. He signed a 5 year deal and has played 3 years.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,735
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Don't try to confuse morons with facts!
The poor blocking and penalties are part of the package too.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 AM
higametz higametz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Points: 226
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The poor blocking and penalties are part of the package too.
That has absolutely nothing to do with a conversation in regards to "drops"....
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM
THE PISTONS's Avatar
THE PISTONS THE PISTONS is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,735
Rep Points: 8668
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by higametz View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with a conversation in regards to "drops"....
No...but it has to do with the overall quality of a TE.

To me, his blocking is his worst attribute. The drops are just the most visible.

Any discussion on drops needs to factor in Targets. Jimmy Graham caught 21 more passes than Gresham. He was surely targeted more.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM
higametz higametz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Points: 226
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
No...but it has to do with the overall quality of a TE.

To me, his blocking is his worst attribute. The drops are just the most visible.

Any discussion on drops needs to factor in Targets. Jimmy Graham caught 21 more passes than Gresham. He was surely targeted more.
Catching 21 more passes and having at "least twice" the amount of drops as Gresham favors far far far far in favor of the Bengals TE in drop ratio.....You do the math and do the %'s..Not even close....
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM
higametz higametz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Points: 226
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The poor blocking and penalties are part of the package too.
There were 27 players in the NFL in 2012 that had more penalties than Gresham and 5 were TE's and he was tied with Jimmy Graham with 9 each...
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The poor blocking and penalties are part of the package too.
What poor blocking? The coaches say he's done a very good job blocking his year. He's a much better blocker than a lot of TEs in the NFL. And better than just about all the other TEs that have been mentioned as pro-bowlers.

You're just making **** up now.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
higametz higametz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Points: 226
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
What poor blocking? The coaches say he's done a very good job blocking his year. He's a much better blocker than a lot of TEs in the NFL. And better than just about all the other TEs that have been mentioned as pro-bowlers.

You're just making **** up now.
Yep..From what I gather in every statistical ranking regarding TE's he is not in the top 10 in anything considered good/great nor is he in the bottom 10 in anything in negative TE rankings....Probably somewhere in the middle which is fine for the receiving threat/TE that he is.....Can he get better? Obviously, but who can't? Can the best blocking TE's get better catching the ball? Absolutely......

The drops Gresham are no different than anyone else other than the fact that every eyeball o this message board is watching him 16 games and multiple snaps a game...That does not happen for any other player in the NFL...It's also human nature for hate to remain front and center in regards to everything one does.....If you hate the republicans then nothing they do will you give them credit for...Just the way life works and the 3rd year TE is having a fantastic career for the Bengals and has worlds of talent..
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Hammerthis Hammerthis is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX.
Posts: 2,061
Rep Points: 1387
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
....Says the creator of the and I paraphrase...Haha Gresham showed all you haters thread.

He was the worst TE in the NFL accotding to PFF if you value catching, blocking, and penalties.

Score board: Hammerthis- %100 Correcto in 20012 predictions. Pistons what's your record? I simply see disappointment and frustration out of you dude.
Try going with the grain.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Ian Demagii Ian Demagii is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,311
Rep Points: 2576
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Good GOD this post needs some ***** facts!

The Probowl is voted on by Players, Coaches, and Fans. Unlike baseballs All-Star game-the players and coaches have major say in who gets in. Yes Gronk and Daniels are still playing, and Miller is out, but the NFL players and coaches have a lot of respect for Gresham if he was an alternate, because Cincinnati is not a voting mecca-he certainly didnt get in because Bengal fans stuffed the ballot box judging from this thread.

Does he drop some-well yeah, too many in the clutch game (so did every other Bengals receiver). Does he get flagged for hold too much, Well Hell , yes, but only the irritatingly stupid would say to waive him or trade him for a low round pick.

For a TE he has breakaway speed, a very rare quality-do we use it enough? Hell no! Does Dalton ***k at getting him the ball, Yes (Dalton ***ks at getting every receiver we have the ball not named AJ Green, and should be put on notice that this can not continue).

Gresham drops easy ones, but he also makes circus catches, he wants so badly to make a play in the attempts he is given both receiving and blocking. Wanna send him to Cleveland? I am sure the Browns would love to have him and so would a number of other teams.

Do I want more out of him? Hell yes! Next year is the last year of his deal and we will find out if he wants to stay or go to a team that features its TE more. For all, you who want Gresham gone, take heart, this is probably his past year here as I believe he is very frustrated with his role here. There are a number of NFC north teams that would role out the red carpet for Gresham.

Ian
__________________
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its a passing league...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.