Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Gresham to Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Good GOD this post needs some ***** facts!

The Probowl is voted on by Players, Coaches, and Fans. Unlike baseballs All-Star game-the players and coaches have major say in who gets in. Yes Gronk and Daniels are still playing, and Miller is out, but the NFL players and coaches have a lot of respect for Gresham if he was an alternate, because Cincinnati is not a voting mecca-he certainly didnt get in because Bengal fans stuffed the ballot box judging from this thread.

Does he drop some-well yeah, too many in the clutch game (so did every other Bengals receiver). Does he get flagged for hold too much, Well Hell , yes, but only the irritatingly stupid would say to waive him or trade him for a low round pick.

For a TE he has breakaway speed, a very rare quality-do we use it enough? Hell no! Does Dalton ***k at getting him the ball, Yes (Dalton ***ks at getting every receiver we have the ball not named AJ Green, and should be put on notice that this can not continue).

Gresham drops easy ones, but he also makes circus catches, he wants so badly to make a play in the attempts he is given both receiving and blocking. Wanna send him to Cleveland? I am sure the Browns would love to have him and so would a number of other teams.

Do I want more out of him? Hell yes! Next year is the last year of his deal and we will find out if he wants to stay or go to a team that features its TE more. For all, you who want Gresham gone, take heart, this is probably his past year here as I believe he is very frustrated with his role here. There are a number of NFC north teams that would role out the red carpet for Gresham.

Ian
Daltons stats would be a lot better without the AJ Green and Gresham Drops and you cant blame all those on dalton His job is to put the ball where only his guy can get it. And they fail to bring it in.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Orson Charles deserves to be in the probowl before Jermaine stonehand Greshamdoes.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
Score board: Hammerthis- %100 Correcto in 20012 predictions. Pistons what's your record? I simply see disappointment and frustration out of you dude.
Try going with the grain.
The guy that created this thread: To all my "GRESHAM HATERS" claiming he is 100% right?

Did you also predict that he would be the primary target in our playoff gameplan yet have 2 receptions for 7 yards?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Daltons stats would be a lot better without the AJ Green and Gresham Drops and you cant blame all those on dalton His job is to put the ball where only his guy can get it. And they fail to bring it in.
Lol. It took awhile, but finally you've been exposed.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol. It took awhile, but finally you've been exposed.
??
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The guy that created this thread: To all my "GRESHAM HATERS" claiming he is 100% right?

Did you also predict that he would be the primary target in our playoff gameplan yet have 2 receptions for 7 yards?
Lol. You're so funny! I'll admit one thing, out of all the Gresham haters you do
the best job of wrestling with reality and my %100 perfection in predictions for this season.

To answer you're question in regards to Greshams last game, no, I didn't predict that. And? All that I predicted became reality. "Reality!" Redemption is SWEEEEET!

I'm also on record that our boy Andy is mediocre. Hope I'm wrong. I could live with being something like %99 Correcto.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
??
You only take into account the WRs short comings. All QBs can benefit with zero drops and likewise the WRs can benefit with accurately thrown passes %100 of the time.

AJ is as close to perfection as we can reasonably expect, but not you.

You would think with all of Andy's miss throws to a wide open AJ that you're concern would be directed toward Andy. But not you.

You're concern is for our two time PB, possible future hall of fame player AJ freaking Green?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Lol. You're so funny! I'll admit one thing, out of all the Gresham haters you do
the best job of wrestling with reality and my %100 perfection in predictions for this season.

To answer you're question in regards to Greshams last game, no, I didn't predict that. And? All that I predicted became reality. "Reality!" Redemption is SWEEEEET!

I'm also on record that our boy Andy is mediocre. Hope I'm wrong. I could live with being something like %99 Correcto.
See you are a fan of mine of sorts!

Well Dalton isn't elite. He's a somewhere in the 20 range if I ranked QB's. He'll need some really good skill position players to succeed...and the parade of #2 WR's didn't help.

Last edited by THE PISTONS; 01-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You only take into account the WRs short comings. All QBs can benefit with zero drops and likewise the WRs can benefit with accurately thrown passes %100 of the time.

AJ is as close to perfection as we can reasonably expect, but not you.

You would think with all of Andy's miss throws to a wide open AJ that you're concern would be directed toward Andy. But not you.

You're concern is for our two time PB, possible future hall of fame player AJ freaking Green?
Never said andy didnt miss his fair share of throws... Just that catchable balls need to be caught. And the stats would be a little different if they where. especially in the playoff game.

AJ Green is great but got ahead of himself a couple times this year dropping balls to the point he lead the AFCN in drops. for a WR

Gresham is great at fighting for those extra yards but has occansional problems hauling in the pass first. (my main gripe with Gresham is his pre-snap penalities. and poor blocking) He has the potential to be good for a long time. but thats up to him.

Dalton isnt a world beater @ QB... His numbers have been overall impressive his first 2 years. Being compared to the likes of P Manning and D Marino. (and yes we know that doesnt mean his career ends the same) Having AJ And Gresham has helped those numbers. Having Sanu all year next year and a Speed back to go with Gresham to help kill the pass rush will also help improve his numbers.

It could take dalton till year 4 before he really starts lighting things up just like it took matt ryan 4 years (this being his 4th) but it also matters that the team continually find weapons for the qB and offense to use.

Im exposed as What is what im asking.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
Orson Charles deserves to be in the probowl before Jermaine stonehand Greshamdoes.
Gresham has less drops than Green, Calvin Johnson, and Jimmy Graham. Just to name 3 players.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3217

People here have the worst case of amnesia. They only remember the last thing they have seen. He had a bad game and is getting nailed to a stake. Jesus give these KIDS some time to develope before everyone scares them away.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Never said andy didnt miss his fair share of throws... Just that catchable balls need to be caught. And the stats would be a little different if they where. especially in the playoff game.AJ Green is great but got ahead of himself a couple times this year dropping balls to the point he lead the AFCN in drops. for a WR
Gresham is great at fighting for those extra yards but has occansional problems hauling in the pass first. (my main gripe with Gresham is his pre-snap penalities. and poor blocking) He has the potential to be good for a long time. but thats up to him.
Dalton isnt a world beater @ QB... His numbers have been overall impressive his first 2 years. Being compared to the likes of P Manning and D Marino. (and yes we know that doesnt mean his career ends the same) Having AJ And Gresham has helped those numbers. Having Sanu all year next year and a Speed back to go with Gresham to help kill the pass rush will also help improve his numbers.It could take dalton till year 4 before he really starts lighting things up just like it took matt ryan 4 years (this being his 4th) but it also matters that the team continually find weapons for the qB and offense to use.
Im exposed as What is what im asking.
I don't have problem with anything you said. This is the first time I've seen a Dalton supporter say "it will be year 4 before he lights it up."
Will we have our current surrounding nucleus of players come year 4 for Dalton?
A lot can happen by then.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 977

This year Jermaine had more flashes of beast behavior than last year. should expect more next year. Cant see how going to the Pro Bowl and getting that experience is a bad thing for his development.

Trust canít live in the same space as secrets and lies.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by higametz View Post
Pretty sure you're wrong in the drops........................You need to not assume...More than 25 players had more drops than Gresham..And at least more than 7 TE's including the invincible Graham on NO led the league...

NFL Leaders
Receiving:
NFL | NFC | AFC

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Jimmy Graham NO 13
2t Victor Cruz NYG 10
2t Calvin Johnson Det 10
2t Brandon Marshall Chi 10
2t Demaryius Thomas Den 10
6t Dez Bryant Dal 9
6t Randall Cobb GB 9
6t A.J. Green Cin 9
6t Denarius Moore Oak 9
6t Wes Welker NE 9
11t Julio Jones Atl 8
11t Doug Martin TB 8
11t Brandon Pettigrew Det 8
11t Andre Roberts Ari 8
11t Reggie Wayne Ind 8
16t Donnie Avery Ind 7
16t Brent Celek Phi 7
16t Eric Decker Den
16t Jermichael Finley GB 7
16t T.J. Graham Buf 7
16t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
16t Stevie Johnson Buf 7
16t Brandon Myers Oak 7
16t Cecil Shorts Jac 7
16t Delanie Walker SF 7
Stop and use common sense for a minute. I do not know where you found your stats, but I have seen Gresham drop at least 3 balls in a single game.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
See you are a fan of mine of sorts!

Well Dalton isn't elite. He's a somewhere in the 20 range if I ranked QB's. He'll need some really good skill position players to succeed...and the parade of #2 WR's.
I agree with a qualifier. IMHO 2 good WRs and a better running game will definantly help Dalton. The only problem is Dalton has too many problems to fix all of them in 1 year. As a consequence, even with 2 good WRs I'm afraid we're still going to struggle next year against good teams.

Year 4 for Dalton, provided we maintain the core of our current players we may have something special.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3748

Quote:
I agree with a qualifier. IMHO 2 good WRs and a better running game will definantly help Dalton. The only problem is Dalton has too many problems to fix all of them in 1 year. As a consequence, even with 2 good WRs I'm afraid we're still going to struggle next year against good teams.

Year 4 for Dalton, provided we maintain the core of our current players we may have something special.
The biggest problem Dalton has that he can't fix is he has a TE that can't catch or block.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Lol at all the Gresham haters. Now they have to justify "Why due to injury to the best TE (Heath Miller) was Gresham selected to replace him in the pro bowl?"
What's wrong with the pro bowl selection committee? Don't they know the smart folks of Jungle Noise think alike inside the jungle box and have branded Gresham a bust?
Once again you're echoing voices fail to leave this small box.
It's literally like a High School popularity contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
How many times was he targeted though?
94. He caught 64 passes, that's a 68% catch rate, higher than AJ Green's 59.1% catch rate.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
It's literally like a High School popularity contest rate.
In regards to the "competence of the pro bowl committee" in lieu of proof, you offer the above?
Really Bryan?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3748

Quote:
In regards to the "competence of the pro bowl committee" in lieu of proof, you offer the above?
Really Bryan?
Ed Reed is in the Pro Bowl. What further proof do you need?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Really Bryan?
There's no such thing as the pro bowl committee for starters. There's a fan vote, a player vote, and a coach vote. Players with name recognition get in all the time than more deserving players.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
There's no such thing as the pro bowl committee for starters. There's a fan vote, a player vote, and a coach vote. Players with name recognition get in all the time than more deserving players.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2691

Quote:
True enough, The failure of the pass game is more than just Andy Dalton. His guys drop as many as he mis-throws. Some of his poor tosses are because he is running for his life or about to get leveled. For WCO type how many slants to you see?Not many! Why? dalton has a penchant for getting them knocked down at the LOS, but that also is part of the lines fault. If a guy is constantly jumping; the ribs need to "tenderized" Rocky Balboa style. Frankly, Gruden should move the pocket more, but this may also be a line failing-neother tackle is very mobile nor is Boling (which is a disappointment since Smith should pretty good athleticism and Whitworth played tennis).

Also our screen passes in the Texans game were God awful what was up with that (nor is BJGE Ray Rice or Arian Foster).

So I agree Gresham, Green, and crew are far from blameless, but some of the comments here are just stupid!

Ian
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Stop and use common sense for a minute. I do not know where you found your stats, but I have seen Gresham drop at least 3 balls in a single game.
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Dalton's big issue to me is he can't handle pressure and most good teams pressure a QB.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Yep. Pro Bowl players step up in the playoffs when a teams game plan has them as the #1 priority.
What irks me is that Gresh knew in advance he would be headlined in the playoff game. And he still didn't have his game-brain in gear. Like I said before, a million dollar body and a ten cent head.