Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8946
Default What did you want to be growing up?

There was a time when I wanted to be a Catholic priest. From the age of around 8 until I was 14 years old, I was serious about it. After my freshman year at LaSalle high school, things changed dramatically and I no longer wanted to be come a priest but still wanted some kind of ministry.

I think the big reason as to why my views changed was the Catholic education I received my freshman year. Well that and I had gotten kicked out of LaSalle and went to West Hi for three years where I met my wife and we had 3 children.

I thank God every day that he changed my mind because they wouldn't be in my life right now.

Anyway, growing up, that's what I wanted to be. Crazy yes?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36580
Default Re: What did you want to be growing up?

I had quite the active imagination growing up, and wanted to be any number of things when I was young. In high school, I turned to the medical profession. I initially wanted to be a doctor, but in my experiences as a medic I learned that this was not the route I wanted and so I went to school for nursing. I figured being an ED nurse would be what I wanted. The only problem was, in order to make money, I became a CNA and worked in a nursing home. I got so fed up with the bull **** I stopped my medical aspirations right there.

I started working for a small business owner and discovered I had a knack for business. I enrolled back into school for a general business degree and took my first accounting class. I loved it. That's when I became an accountant.

Now, this is not my dream occupation. I would have much preferred to be an archaeologist or a professional historian. But those jobs are few and far between, and not so well paying.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Was Planning on being a Vet... But i couldnt stand the thought of putting animals down.

then i let my abilities in Math and Logic and my love for Video games to lead me to Programming. Ultimare goal was game programming but i got lazy.

This is besides the normal childhood dreams of Rockstar/ Astronaught (i still want to go to space even if its a one way ticket) Pro Wrestler

right now i just want to be a dad.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13975

Executive Chef, had a full ride to PICA and got sidetracked when I knocked up my highschool sweetheart.

Ended up working where I am still. After my divorce I got sick of living off of $500 a month so I started making some investments and made out well. Used some of the cash to buy into a bar (worst decision ever) but it worked out in the end because I sold my share when I gained custody of my kids for almost double what I invested.

Went back to school for the field I work in now and do consulting on the side.

So glad I did not follow my original path.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11246

When I was really young, people always wanted to be like a fireman, policeman, or even singer. Me? I wanted to be someone on stage, entertaining.

Someone like on Who's Line Is It Anyway? Things like that.

As I grew up, I wanted to be a psychologist and help as many people as I could.

I also love football, and Ray Lewis is one of my idols because of his passion. And I wanted to put passion like that into anything that I do.

Now? I went to college. Did dramas for churches (that included stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway). Have helped out many people as I've gone from church to church. And I don't mean I preached and they said thanks. I mean I stay in contact with them and talk to them to this day. And I worked inside of schools with kids, mainly high school kids, and I still talk to them and everything. Never brought up religion with them or anything, I just want to be there for kids who don't really have anywhere to go with their problems. And anything I do, I do it with passion. I do it with love.

I am a youth pastor. Now while it's been a crazy ride getting here, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I am doing everything I wanted to do while growing up, and then some. I love it.

Except I still am single. Yeah. That can change

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4281

As a kid, i wanted to hunt dinosaurs. As i got older I started to realize there was probably no long term success in that career path.

Then later, being a lawyer sounded good, but so did getting girls pregnant (not really)...see ya serious higher education.

Ended up settling into PMO in IT shops.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7368

As a kid, I wanted to be the ice cream truck guy and a mailman. ****This is my screw you for the funny guy who comes in here and post some stupid meme or joke****

Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
As a kid, I wanted to be the ice cream truck guy and a mailman. ****This is my screw you for the funny guy who comes in here and post some stupid meme or joke****

I wanted to be a mid wife for in home water births
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
When I was really young, people always wanted to be like a fireman, policeman, or even singer. Me? I wanted to be someone on stage, entertaining.

I also love football, and Ray Lewis is one of my idols because of his passion. And I wanted to put passion like that into anything that I do.

Now? I went to college. Did dramas for churches (that included stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway). Have helped out many people as I've gone from church to church. And I don't mean I preached and they said thanks. I mean I stay in contact with them and talk to them to this day. And I worked inside of schools with kids, mainly high school kids, and I still talk to them and everything. Never brought up religion with them or anything, I just want to be there for kids who don't really have anywhere to go with their problems. And anything I do, I do it with passion. I do it with love.

I am a youth pastor. Now while it's been a crazy ride getting here, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I am doing everything I wanted to do while growing up, and then some. I love it.

You idolized a murderer and liar?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7368

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
I knew this was coming lol.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Yes sir. Everyone is a liar is one form or another. And murderer? Well, that's a touchy subject for me.

But, I don't look at just what he did, but what he's been doing. We all have a past. And he did something that I guarantee he regrets, but he's still trying to make other people's lives around him better.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9070

I'm 47 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Growing up, I wanted to be the next Bergey, Nitschke or Butkus. My uncle took me deer hunting when I was 14 and I dropped a 12-pointer from 500 yards with his rifle. He suggested I could be a police sniper (he was a Deputy Sheriff up in Champaign County). So I started target shooting and got pretty good. When I drank myself out of college and joined the Army (artillery), I realized bigger guns shoot farther and started studying for the programming side of the Multiple Launching Rocket System. I was offered 3 times my base pay to ETS and work as a programmer, which is what I do today.

I am getting my MBA in Sports Management. My passion has always been sports. Hopefully, I can use my system analytic skills for a professional team somewhere.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-11-2013, 03:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7906

As a child I wanted to be a lawyer so I could help people, then as I got older I realized I hate people. Until recently I wanted to be the next John Madden, now I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

A Bengals Cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10669

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 01-13-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18769

I wanted to be an engineer, and create things, improve technology, stuff like that.

'til I started sucking at algebra, so that was out.

Then it was a year or so of moving on to the next thing, and I realised that I wanted to get into the media; writing, television, commentating, something.

Then in Grade 10 (and I still get it to this day), I was told by a bunch of people, day to day, that I had a great voice for the radio or sports or something.

Marry those two together, and now I am in my final year (semester, actually ) of my Communications degree, with a minor in Italian Culture

I have also secured an internship with the website team of Sears Canada (its not television, but its close), and while I'm not in 100%, I have a verbal agreement with the head of the website team.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25779

I always wanted to work in movies or dinosaurs after seeing Jurassic Park for the first time when I was 5
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes sir. Everyone is a liar is one form or another. And murderer? Well, that's a touchy subject for me.

But, I don't look at just what he did, but what he's been doing. We all have a past. And he did something that I guarantee he regrets, but he's still trying to make other people's lives around him better.
he assisted in taking another mans life.......I couldn't care less what he has been doing
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
he assisted in taking another mans life.......I couldn't care less what he has been doing
I do. Because you see, he assisted in a lot of people living as well.

And why does that matter to me? Well, as you said, he assisted in killing someone.

And so have I. I sold heroine to one of my friends when I was younger. First time he ever tried it. He got hooked. I kept selling it. He died last year because of infection to a heroine needle.

Oh, and I had a friend, Kayla, come and talk to me about her home life. One day, I just didn't care. I told her I was busy. Ignored her completely. I told her I was too busy for her. She took her life that night. I was the last person that talked to her.

Two people. Kayla and Aaron. TWO of my friends I assisted in their deaths. I live with that every day of my life. Every. Single. Day. So I look at a man, who also assisted in someone's death, and see how he has changed things around. That's what I take. That's what I do. I won't take anything for granted ever again.

I'm a generally happy person, but I am just now turning 21 within a few days. Kayla killed herself when I was 14, and Aaron died when I was 19. Every night I think of what I could do different. How they would still be here if I wasn't such a **** up. But you know what, I will make damn sure that I will never take anything for granted again. I WILL go that second mile. I WILL take time out of my day. I WILL sacrifice for others. I WILL do every possible thing to help someone.

So yes, I look up to Ray Lewis. Because we both assisted in deaths. But he's trying to help others right now. As am I.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel:

Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 62641

When I was 6 I wanted to be a giraffe.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

I wanted to be like Zorro when I grew up. I went through a phase of that. Then, I wanted to be a firefighter, police officer, banker, doctor, professional football player, and a reporter like Walter Cronkite. I didn't want to become a pilot until around 8th grade; when I learned about the Air Force. After that, I was hooked, and I never looked back.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48605

When I was a child, I wanted to be the Incredible Hulk.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30406

First I wanted to be a fireman.

Then a scientist.

Then a doctor.

I wound up an engineer.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I do. Because you see, he assisted in a lot of people living as well.

And why does that matter to me? Well, as you said, he assisted in killing someone.

And so have I. I sold heroine to one of my friends when I was younger. First time he ever tried it. He got hooked. I kept selling it. He died last year because of infection to a heroine needle.

Oh, and I had a friend, Kayla, come and talk to me about her home life. One day, I just didn't care. I told her I was busy. Ignored her completely. I told her I was too busy for her. She took her life that night. I was the last person that talked to her.

Two people. Kayla and Aaron. TWO of my friends I assisted in their deaths. I live with that every day of my life. Every. Single. Day. So I look at a man, who also assisted in someone's death, and see how he has changed things around. That's what I take. That's what I do. I won't take anything for granted ever again.

I'm a generally happy person, but I am just now turning 21 within a few days. Kayla killed herself when I was 14, and Aaron died when I was 19. Every night I think of what I could do different. How they would still be here if I wasn't such a **** up. But you know what, I will make damn sure that I will never take anything for granted again. I WILL go that second mile. I WILL take time out of my day. I WILL sacrifice for others. I WILL do every possible thing to help someone.

So yes, I look up to Ray Lewis. Because we both assisted in deaths. But he's trying to help others right now. As am I.
The difference here is the two people you mentioned dies of their own valition. i.e. you were active in their life but they chose to take it.

Rey participated directly putting a knife in a mans body and taking his life away separate from his own valition.

BTW. I mean no harm to your mission and mean no disrespect to the friends that have died.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
The difference here is the two people you mentioned dies of their own valition. i.e. you were active in their life but they chose to take it.

Rey participated directly putting a knife in a mans body and taking his life away separate from his own valition.

BTW. I mean no harm to your mission and mean no disrespect to the friends that have died.
No, I completely understand what you mean and no offense was taken. It's just that I look to him because, although our situations are not exact, they are in a way similar.

Follow me on Twitter:
Writer For
My YouTube channel: