Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Good Article on an OT I'd be interested in later in the draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-jordan-mills
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 184
Default Re: Good Article on an OT I'd be interested in later in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
SOUND like a good player , BUT pick early get a good one for sure , And protect ANDY . like that FLUCKER ,, From Bama ,move WHIT to left guard natural position ,Maybe we would run left some and mix it up instead of same ole center ,guard right for 3 yrds. . FIX that CENTER POSITION give ANDY more time. Last half season when they challenged DALTON to step up and be a leader they seem like they got his release quicker and moving faster overall. NOW he's not smooth , misses hot reads , throws to hard when soft ones needed, over throws ,, under throws , He's a guy time would help big time . ELITE QB not yet ,, very serviceable QB ,YOU BET. O-line needs attn.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdo View Post
SOUND like a good player , BUT pick early get a good one for sure , And protect ANDY . like that FLUCKER ,, From Bama ,move WHIT to left guard natural position ,Maybe we would run left some and mix it up instead of same ole center ,guard right for 3 yrds. . FIX that CENTER POSITION give ANDY more time. Last half season when they challenged DALTON to step up and be a leader they seem like they got his release quicker and moving faster overall. NOW he's not smooth , misses hot reads , throws to hard when soft ones needed, over throws ,, under throws , He's a guy time would help big time . ELITE QB not yet ,, very serviceable QB ,YOU BET. O-line needs attn.
Not sure what you are talking about. Whitworth's natural position is OT. Specifically, LT. He played OT for LSU, and was drafted to be an OT for the Bengals. Yes, he did well the two years he was moved to OG for the Bengals, but his natural position is LT.

Frederick (C/LG) from Wisconsin would be a great pickup for the Bengals, as he is both a great LG and C. Have him compete both with Boling at LG and Robinson at C and put the best two on the field (either Frederick-Robinson, Boling-Frederick, or Boling-Robinson).
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdo View Post
Flucker will be a RT, so the only way we draft him is if Andre doesn't resign.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I'd love to have Kyle Long from Oregon. 6'7 303lbs, and has the bloodlines (Chris Long, Howie Long)

Raw in terms of technique, but his potential is through the roof. Better athlete than Chris.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I'd love to have Kyle Long from Oregon. 6'7 303lbs, and has the bloodlines (Chris Long, Howie Long)

Raw in terms of technique, but his potential is through the roof. Better athlete than Chris.
This kid has a lot of talent. I think he was set back in college because of playing baseball or something like that, or he would be rated much higher. Another possible tackle candidate to draft late or sign as FA is Reid Fragel out of The Ohio State. Played amazing at RT this year, especially considering he was a TE until this season