Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 63198
Default Steelers 2012 draft

Many steeler fans were bragging about the great draft the steelers had last spring. I wonder if they still feel that way:

First round: David DeCastro, G, Stanford. Severely injured his knee in the third preseason game and returned to play the last three games.

Second round: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State. Placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury after starting six games.

Third round: Sean Spence, ILB, Miami. Tore multiple ligaments in his left knee in preseason finale and placed on injured reserve before regular season started.

Fourth round: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington. Arrested for drunken driving in October, which led to his release a month later. He was later re-signed.

Fifth round: Chris Rainey, RB, Florida. Arrested for simple battery Thursday. He had 162 total yards and two touchdowns as a rookie. The Steelers have waived Rainey.

Seventh round: Toney Clemons, WR, Colorado. Signed off Steelers' practice squad by the Jaguars in November.

Seventh round: David Paulson, TE, Oregon. Finished with seven catches for 51 yards in 16 games played for Steelers.

Seventh round: Terrence Frederick, CB, Texas A&M. Waived by the Steelers at the end of the preseason and was later signed by the Giants.

Seventh round: Kelvin Beachum, G, SMU. Surprise of the draft class ended season with five straight starts at right tackle.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12694
Default Re: Steelers 2012 draft

Of course some fans were bragging.

Every team thinks they had a great draft or they wouldn't draft those players.

What really happens is the true result...and real fans know and understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
...promoting sexism is actually a beautiful thing
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Many steeler fans were bragging about the great draft the steelers had last spring. I wonder if they still feel that way:

First round: David DeCastro, G, Stanford. Severely injured his knee in the third preseason game and returned to play the last three games.

Second round: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State. Placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury after starting six games.

Third round: Sean Spence, ILB, Miami. Tore multiple ligaments in his left knee in preseason finale and placed on injured reserve before regular season started.

Fourth round: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington. Arrested for drunken driving in October, which led to his release a month later. He was later re-signed.

Fifth round: Chris Rainey, RB, Florida. Arrested for simple battery Thursday. He had 162 total yards and two touchdowns as a rookie. The Steelers have waived Rainey.

Seventh round: Toney Clemons, WR, Colorado. Signed off Steelers' practice squad by the Jaguars in November.

Seventh round: David Paulson, TE, Oregon. Finished with seven catches for 51 yards in 16 games played for Steelers.

Seventh round: Terrence Frederick, CB, Texas A&M. Waived by the Steelers at the end of the preseason and was later signed by the Giants.

Seventh round: Kelvin Beachum, G, SMU. Surprise of the draft class ended season with five straight starts at right tackle.
1. Starter for years to come.
2. Starter for years to come.
3. Special teams player/ possible replacement for Foote.
4. project/probation D-lineman who was a steal in the 4th
5. Had plenty of 30+ yard kickoff returns despite being too small to compete in the NFL.
7. Nobody
7. Starting fullback and actually deserved it - not just a Carey Davis "we need to line someone up at full back" player.
7. Nobody.
7. Impressed very well after a rough time his first 2 outings. (I said outing become I think he went in mid-game a few times early in the season before he got his starts) And he is one of those multi-position back-ups on the line that Tomlin loves so much.

Considering rookies rarely see the field under Tomlin, the rookie class has been looking really good so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 01-11-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Yay, lets grade a draft class after one season, in which the most impactful players suffered what was essentially season ending injuries!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
Yay, lets grade a draft class after one season, in which the most impactful players suffered what was essentially season ending injuries!
Shut up smith.
Draft classes are graded the day of the draft. Fair question by the ginger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4530

Quote:
You mean you dont?

Quote:
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino
Because MORE elected officials should take that stand they are elected to defend the law..not the bible.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 309

Whatever makes you guys feel better, that's a horrible draft with some serious injuries.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
the rookie class has been looking really good so far.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVER-OWNS-CIN View Post
Whatever makes you guys feel better, that's a horrible draft with some serious injuries.
I find it comical that a broncos fan poked his head into a draft thread..

Do you even know who you drafted?

I sure don't. I just know you bought Peyton Manning, and once he's retired your franchise is back in the gutter where it belongs
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

In case anyone is wondering why I didn't capitalize the first word in the sentence, it's because it's not the first word of the sentence. Beaker needed to break a quote mid-sentence and take the phrase clearly out of context to try to prove a point. I'm guessing he was so excted about using the picture he found that he had to create a dumb reason to use it instead of waiting for a legit opportunity to post it.

Quote:
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 01-11-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:

How many horrible drafts have the Bengals had? What is Keith Rivers doing these days? I think before you start judging the draft, you should let them have a chance to play. I know one person that is glad they waived Rainey, and that is Mendenhall.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 309

Quote:
I find it comical that a broncos fan poked his head into a draft thread..

Do you even know who you drafted?

I sure don't. I just know you bought Peyton Manning, and once he's retired your franchise is back in the gutter where it belongs
That's all fine and dandy, we'll be a gutter team, go 8-8, find a garbage "qb" like tebow and still beat the steelers, how's that sound?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That's all fine and dandy, we'll be a gutter team, go 8-8, find a garbage "qb" like tebow and still beat the steelers, how's that sound?
Blind squirrel...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26125

I'm going to try not to be biased in this and give a legitimate opinion.

I don't think they had the greatest draft this past year, but that's kinda rare for the Steelers. Plus it could have turned out a lot differently if they hadn't had so many injuries to their high draft picks this year. DeCastro will still be a stud, although I don't think Adams will be anything special. After that, they'll make the most of their players when they're healthy again. How about this draft gets really graded in a few years.

They still blow though....just because they're the Steelers.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13923

Quote:
In case anyone is wondering why I didn't capitalize the first word in the sentence, it's because it's not the first word of the sentence. Beaker needed to break a quote mid-sentence and take the phrase clearly out of context to try to prove a point. I'm guessing he was so excted about using the picture he found that he had to create a dumb reason to use it instead of waiting for a legit opportunity to post it.
Considering rookies rarely see the field under Tomlin, the rookie class has been looking really good so far.

This is the entire sentence. It doesnt make your statement sound much better.

While its true that you cant judge a draft class legitimately after one season, but from what weve seen so far out of them, i find it hard to believe you can defend it so vehemently.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:13 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
No one was wondering why. Your lack of knowledge spoke for itself.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post

This is the entire sentence. It doesnt make your statement sound much better.

While its true that you cant judge a draft class legitimately after one season, but from what weve seen so far out of them, i find it hard to believe you can defend it so vehemently.
I'm not judging a draft class based on 1 season. I simply pointed out the rookies this year made more of an impact as rookies than most, if not all, of Tomlin's other draft classes. I'm not defending anything as much as I was just pointing out the obvious in a simple way that even Beaker could understand.

Quote:

Last edited by 6andcounting; 01-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
No one was wondering why. Your lack of knowledge spoke for itself.
You're still hopelessly holding on to pretending like you didn't edit anything mid-sentence.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 02:59 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
You're still hopelessly holding on to pretending like you didn't edit anything mid-sentence.

And youre holding onto the hopeless notion that it was a really good draft class.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
And youre holding onto the hopeless notion that it was a really good draft class.
See, if you would read the part you cut out you would see why the above statement of yours is completely wrong.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10779

To fair and honest for a team having 2 first round picks the Bengals did not fair much better. We got Zeitler and a bunch of scrubs (so far).

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
To fair and honest for a team having 2 first round picks the Bengals did not fair much better. We got Zeitler and a bunch of scrubs (so far).
Hey! Sanu had as many TD passes as Leftwich and Batch combined!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10170

Quote:
Isnt that the way its usually done with draft grades?