Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass*bengal View Post
yea it will all depend on draft day, if RB start falling off the board then get one with our second 2nd rnd pick. But I still feel it should be a guy like Joseph or Ellington, just personal opinion.

Randle isn't anything special to be honest.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So then you agree that he has 4.64 speed?

nahh he'll run 4.5's at the combine.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
- Sheldon Richardson will be the second DT off the board.

- Jarvis Jones will fall out of the top 10.

- Marcus Lattimore will go in the 3rd round.

- Andy Reid will make a surprise pick at QB for the Chiefs.

- The Bengals will make a trade.
Sheldon Richardson is an explosive talent and reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. We are crowded at the position but the proposition of him and Geno would be dang near unblockable.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-11-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
Sheldon Richardson is an explosive talent and reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. We are crowded at the position but the proposition of him and Geno would be unblockable.
If he would slide that far we'd have to seriously think aboutg taking him and then trading Peko.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 869

1. Larry Warford will be the best G in this draft 5 years from now

2. No QB will be drafted in the Top 10

3. Teo will not be drafted in the Top 20

4. Travis Kelce will go in the Top 80 picks

5. The Jets fans will boo everyone and cheer when their GM makes yet another dumb pick.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
It doesn't look like it when you watch him. I gotta agree with the guy that said he looks like BJGE.

He might have a little more wiggle, but he looked pretty slow IMO. That Alabama line was opening huge holes for him.

Plus look at Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. They were regarded as better prospects than Lacey, and it's not like they set the NFL ablaze.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18743

You want bold?

Bengals draft a center in the first 3 rounds.

Marvin Lewis, Adam Jones, and T. Burfict visit T. Mathieu. He intentionally bombs the combine and signs with us as UDFA.

Bengals draft 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds, no offensive skills players until 4th and 5th rounds.

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis apologize to Shady for not releasing Maualoafer and trading up to select Luke Kuechley in the 2012 draft.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
It doesn't look like it when you watch him. I gotta agree with the guy that said he looks like BJGE.

He might have a little more wiggle, but he looked pretty slow IMO. That Alabama line was opening huge holes for him.

Plus look at Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. They were regarded as better prospects than Lacey, and it's not like they set the NFL ablaze.
He has slightly better speed than BJGE and way better at making people miss. BJGE seems to have enough speed to burst through a hole but then slows and his only move is bull rushing at defenders.

I do agree with some though having 3 guys that will go in the first 2 rounds on your Oline this year plus one of the better run blocking TEs makes things much easier.

On a side note I dont really think Lacy is the guy we need unless were cutting BJGE. In a perfect world we could get Lacy in round 2 and sign Reggie Bush in Free agency but it likely isn't gonna happen. I think the more likely move would be keeping BJGE and drafting Gio or Jawan Jamison to take over at some point while also adding a speed guy in 5-6 ( one of my personal favorites is Kerwynn Williams).
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 986

The bengals will use 1st 2 picks to trade up into the top 5 and take Jarvis Jones OLB the next GA Bulldog to make plays in stripes.

WR Justin Hunter will fall to the 3rd round after running a slower 40 time than exspected. Bengals land future #2!

Steelers will take a QB in the second round.

Ravens will take Te'o late in rnd 1.

Bengals will take RB back to back in rounds 4 and 5.

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBENGALfanatic View Post
The bengals will use 1st 2 picks to trade up into the top 5 and take Jarvis Jones OLB the next GA Bulldog to make plays in stripes.

WR Justin Hunter will fall to the 3rd round after running a slower 40 time than exspected. Bengals land future #2!

Steelers will take a QB in the second round.

Ravens will take Te'o late in rnd 1.

Bengals will take RB back to back in rounds 4 and 5.
I agree with you on your Ravens prediction as I think Ozzie will do anything in his power to get Teo. You just dont replace Ray Lewis with anyone else in this draft regaurdless of what you think the talent is . You need a name with ability that the average fanbase is familiar with.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
He has slightly better speed than BJGE and way better at making people miss. BJGE seems to have enough speed to burst through a hole but then slows and his only move is bull rushing at defenders.

I do agree with some though having 3 guys that will go in the first 2 rounds on your Oline this year plus one of the better run blocking TEs makes things much easier.

On a side note I dont really think Lacy is the guy we need unless were cutting BJGE. In a perfect world we could get Lacy in round 2 and sign Reggie Bush in Free agency but it likely isn't gonna happen. I think the more likely move would be keeping BJGE and drafting Gio or Jawan Jamison to take over at some point while also adding a speed guy in 5-6 ( one of my personal favorites is Kerwynn Williams).
This team needs a complete runningback that can play 3 downs and block someone. Eddie Lacy is perfect for what we want to do in controlling the clock and getting back to AFCN football. If we draft a legitimate # 2 early and a stud center along with Lacy and extend our core then we our on our way to becoming the early 90's Cowboys as far as offense. Look at the top backs coming out and compare running styles along with total career carries and you will see clearly Lacy should be the guy. We can't keep passing on top runningbacks. BJGE should be the compliment not the starter.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
You want bold?

Bengals draft a center in the first 3 rounds.

Marvin Lewis, Adam Jones, and T. Burfict visit T. Mathieu. He intentionally bombs the combine and signs with us as UDFA.

Bengals draft 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds, no offensive skills players until 4th and 5th rounds.

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis apologize to Shady for not releasing Maualoafer and trading up to select Luke Kuechley in the 2012 draft.
Mathieu is going to be the ballhawk that we always wanted if we draft him. I think Katie will structure the contract w/ drugtests. The back end needs about 2 more legit playmakers that OC/QB have to account for. Our D-line is about one pure passrusher away if we keep MJ. This team is almost there if we don't screw this draft up.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2085

Yea Jarvis Jones falling out of the top 15 is a bet I'll take some of you guys up on. The guy is an absolute beast. Even if he hardly progresses in coverage or doesn't put on any weight he is still worth taking early. In the crazy event he slips around 12 I'd deal up if I'm Cincy, but again that isn't going to happen.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34250

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil413 View Post
Yea Jarvis Jones falling out of the top 15 is a bet I'll take some of you guys up on. The guy is an absolute beast. Even if he hardly progresses in coverage or doesn't put on any weight he is still worth taking early. In the crazy event he slips around 12 I'd deal up if I'm Cincy, but again that isn't going to happen.
Marcus McNeil was a 2 times consensus All-American OT in college. He was more decorated than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. D'Brickashaw was drafted 4th, Marcus was drafted 50th. Why?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
If we do draft a QB which I think isnt a bad idea I hope we get our hands on Zac Desert. I think hes the best in the class.
You mean zac dysert from miami of ohio ?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

Quote:
Marcus McNeil was a 2 times consensus All-American OT in college. He was more decorated than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. D'Brickashaw was drafted 4th, Marcus was drafted 50th. Why?
He also wasn't looked at as good of a prospect for many reasons.
Didn't train that hard at Auburn in the weight room.
Couldn't lift at the combine.
Had weight issues.

Plus that is a bad way to compare, some guys are just better college guys than pros.

Jonathan Luigs was a consensus first team all american, 3 year All-SEC (first team) and Rimmington Trophy winner.
Drafted 106 overall behind the less decorated Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.
Wood - 28th overall, First team freshman all american, 2nd team all big east, 2 time first team big east.
Caldwell - 77th overall, consensus all american, first team all SEC.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalwdey1 View Post
You mean zac dysert from miami of ohio ?
Yes I missed the "y"..;
It would be a great pick for us in the 4th if hes there. I've been calling for a young backup for sometime to be ready behind AD. My nightmare is Dalton getting hurt for a long period and having to resort the other guy. He isn't solid just Grudens guy whatever that means.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

I'm looking at the playoff game now. Guys we have to get rid of Brandon Tate.lol
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 34250

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
He also wasn't looked at as good of a prospect for many reasons.
Didn't train that hard at Auburn in the weight room.
Couldn't lift at the combine.
Had weight issues.

Plus that is a bad way to compare, some guys are just better college guys than pros.

Jonathan Luigs was a consensus first team all american, 3 year All-SEC (first team) and Rimmington Trophy winner.
Drafted 106 overall behind the less decorated Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.
Wood - 28th overall, First team freshman all american, 2nd team all big east, 2 time first team big east.
Caldwell - 77th overall, consensus all american, first team all SEC.
If you think McNeill fell in the draft because of his skillset and the fact that it would not transition to the NFL, then we just disagree. McNeill made the Pro Bowl his first 2 years in the league ( a feat Ferguson didn't accomplish until his 4th year).

You mention the fact that McNeill didn't lift at the combine as a reason he fell. What did Ferguson do at the combine?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20666

Quote:
If you think McNeill fell in the draft because of his skillset and the fact that it would not transition to the NFL, then we just disagree. McNeill made the Pro Bowl his first 2 years in the league ( a feat Ferguson didn't accomplish until his 4th year).

You mention the fact that McNeill didn't lift at the combine as a reason he fell. What did Ferguson do at the combine?
Well you keep using his college accomplishments but that doesn't always translate is all Im saying.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15772

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Don't be shocked if Travis Kelce goes in the 2nd.
Oh I'm not on Kelce; he looked great all year.

Williams everyone has going in the 6th.

No way he lasts that long IMO; hands of glue and a beast of a blocker. Hell, move him to DE

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

1.The Bengals won't draft offensiveline as everyone seems to think.

2. Kenjon Barner won't be a Bengal.

3. They make a head scratching pick because its overdue.

4. They take 2 DE or another DT

5. They draft a QB earlier than anyone expects.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1689

Bengals will draft Barrett Jones first.
Bengals will draft a QB. Hopefully Landrey Jones
Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6283

Quote:

McNeil fell in the draft solely on the concerns about his back.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:

Significant Spinal Stenosis... If I remember correctly