Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass*bengal View Post
yea it will all depend on draft day, if RB start falling off the board then get one with our second 2nd rnd pick. But I still feel it should be a guy like Joseph or Ellington, just personal opinion.

Randle isn't anything special to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So then you agree that he has 4.64 speed?

nahh he'll run 4.5's at the combine.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
- Sheldon Richardson will be the second DT off the board.

- Jarvis Jones will fall out of the top 10.

- Marcus Lattimore will go in the 3rd round.

- Andy Reid will make a surprise pick at QB for the Chiefs.

- The Bengals will make a trade.
Sheldon Richardson is an explosive talent and reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. We are crowded at the position but the proposition of him and Geno would be dang near unblockable.

Last edited by BBlesmiley; 01-11-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
Sheldon Richardson is an explosive talent and reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. We are crowded at the position but the proposition of him and Geno would be unblockable.
If he would slide that far we'd have to seriously think aboutg taking him and then trading Peko.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
t3r3e3 t3r3e3 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,186
Rep Points: 869
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

1. Larry Warford will be the best G in this draft 5 years from now

2. No QB will be drafted in the Top 10

3. Teo will not be drafted in the Top 20

4. Travis Kelce will go in the Top 80 picks

5. The Jets fans will boo everyone and cheer when their GM makes yet another dumb pick.
__________________
End the annual Paul Alexander's waste a 5th rounder on a UDFA bum...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 12,258
Rep Points: 24012
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
It doesn't look like it when you watch him. I gotta agree with the guy that said he looks like BJGE.

He might have a little more wiggle, but he looked pretty slow IMO. That Alabama line was opening huge holes for him.

Plus look at Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. They were regarded as better prospects than Lacey, and it's not like they set the NFL ablaze.
__________________
From 2006-2013, this team has never finished higher than 20th in yards per carry. They've had an average rank of 27th during those 8 seasons.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 9,464
Rep Points: 18743
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

You want bold?

Bengals draft a center in the first 3 rounds.

Marvin Lewis, Adam Jones, and T. Burfict visit T. Mathieu. He intentionally bombs the combine and signs with us as UDFA.

Bengals draft 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds, no offensive skills players until 4th and 5th rounds.

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis apologize to Shady for not releasing Maualoafer and trading up to select Luke Kuechley in the 2012 draft.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
BobJones4980's Avatar
BobJones4980 BobJones4980 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,386
Rep Points: 2056
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
It doesn't look like it when you watch him. I gotta agree with the guy that said he looks like BJGE.

He might have a little more wiggle, but he looked pretty slow IMO. That Alabama line was opening huge holes for him.

Plus look at Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. They were regarded as better prospects than Lacey, and it's not like they set the NFL ablaze.
He has slightly better speed than BJGE and way better at making people miss. BJGE seems to have enough speed to burst through a hole but then slows and his only move is bull rushing at defenders.

I do agree with some though having 3 guys that will go in the first 2 rounds on your Oline this year plus one of the better run blocking TEs makes things much easier.

On a side note I dont really think Lacy is the guy we need unless were cutting BJGE. In a perfect world we could get Lacy in round 2 and sign Reggie Bush in Free agency but it likely isn't gonna happen. I think the more likely move would be keeping BJGE and drafting Gio or Jawan Jamison to take over at some point while also adding a speed guy in 5-6 ( one of my personal favorites is Kerwynn Williams).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
PhxBENGALfanatic's Avatar
PhxBENGALfanatic PhxBENGALfanatic is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 986
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

The bengals will use 1st 2 picks to trade up into the top 5 and take Jarvis Jones OLB the next GA Bulldog to make plays in stripes.

WR Justin Hunter will fall to the 3rd round after running a slower 40 time than exspected. Bengals land future #2!

Steelers will take a QB in the second round.

Ravens will take Te'o late in rnd 1.

Bengals will take RB back to back in rounds 4 and 5.
__________________
The time has come for everyone to clean up their own back yard before they go knocking on their neighbor’s door. WHO DEY! I see big things in our future as Bengals fans!

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBENGALfanatic View Post
The bengals will use 1st 2 picks to trade up into the top 5 and take Jarvis Jones OLB the next GA Bulldog to make plays in stripes.

WR Justin Hunter will fall to the 3rd round after running a slower 40 time than exspected. Bengals land future #2!

Steelers will take a QB in the second round.

Ravens will take Te'o late in rnd 1.

Bengals will take RB back to back in rounds 4 and 5.
I agree with you on your Ravens prediction as I think Ozzie will do anything in his power to get Teo. You just dont replace Ray Lewis with anyone else in this draft regaurdless of what you think the talent is . You need a name with ability that the average fanbase is familiar with.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
He has slightly better speed than BJGE and way better at making people miss. BJGE seems to have enough speed to burst through a hole but then slows and his only move is bull rushing at defenders.

I do agree with some though having 3 guys that will go in the first 2 rounds on your Oline this year plus one of the better run blocking TEs makes things much easier.

On a side note I dont really think Lacy is the guy we need unless were cutting BJGE. In a perfect world we could get Lacy in round 2 and sign Reggie Bush in Free agency but it likely isn't gonna happen. I think the more likely move would be keeping BJGE and drafting Gio or Jawan Jamison to take over at some point while also adding a speed guy in 5-6 ( one of my personal favorites is Kerwynn Williams).
This team needs a complete runningback that can play 3 downs and block someone. Eddie Lacy is perfect for what we want to do in controlling the clock and getting back to AFCN football. If we draft a legitimate # 2 early and a stud center along with Lacy and extend our core then we our on our way to becoming the early 90's Cowboys as far as offense. Look at the top backs coming out and compare running styles along with total career carries and you will see clearly Lacy should be the guy. We can't keep passing on top runningbacks. BJGE should be the compliment not the starter.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
You want bold?

Bengals draft a center in the first 3 rounds.

Marvin Lewis, Adam Jones, and T. Burfict visit T. Mathieu. He intentionally bombs the combine and signs with us as UDFA.

Bengals draft 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds, no offensive skills players until 4th and 5th rounds.

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis apologize to Shady for not releasing Maualoafer and trading up to select Luke Kuechley in the 2012 draft.
Mathieu is going to be the ballhawk that we always wanted if we draft him. I think Katie will structure the contract w/ drugtests. The back end needs about 2 more legit playmakers that OC/QB have to account for. Our D-line is about one pure passrusher away if we keep MJ. This team is almost there if we don't screw this draft up.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
phil413 phil413 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,811
Rep Points: 2085
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Yea Jarvis Jones falling out of the top 15 is a bet I'll take some of you guys up on. The guy is an absolute beast. Even if he hardly progresses in coverage or doesn't put on any weight he is still worth taking early. In the crazy event he slips around 12 I'd deal up if I'm Cincy, but again that isn't going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,275
Rep Points: 34250
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil413 View Post
Yea Jarvis Jones falling out of the top 15 is a bet I'll take some of you guys up on. The guy is an absolute beast. Even if he hardly progresses in coverage or doesn't put on any weight he is still worth taking early. In the crazy event he slips around 12 I'd deal up if I'm Cincy, but again that isn't going to happen.
Marcus McNeil was a 2 times consensus All-American OT in college. He was more decorated than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. D'Brickashaw was drafted 4th, Marcus was drafted 50th. Why?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 PM
bengalwdey1's Avatar
bengalwdey1 bengalwdey1 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 1,231
Rep Points: 523
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlesmiley View Post
If we do draft a QB which I think isnt a bad idea I hope we get our hands on Zac Desert. I think hes the best in the class.
You mean zac dysert from miami of ohio ?
__________________
A.D TO A.J ALL DAY !
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,805
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Marcus McNeil was a 2 times consensus All-American OT in college. He was more decorated than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. D'Brickashaw was drafted 4th, Marcus was drafted 50th. Why?
He also wasn't looked at as good of a prospect for many reasons.
Didn't train that hard at Auburn in the weight room.
Couldn't lift at the combine.
Had weight issues.

Plus that is a bad way to compare, some guys are just better college guys than pros.

Jonathan Luigs was a consensus first team all american, 3 year All-SEC (first team) and Rimmington Trophy winner.
Drafted 106 overall behind the less decorated Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.
Wood - 28th overall, First team freshman all american, 2nd team all big east, 2 time first team big east.
Caldwell - 77th overall, consensus all american, first team all SEC.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalwdey1 View Post
You mean zac dysert from miami of ohio ?
Yes I missed the "y"..;
It would be a great pick for us in the 4th if hes there. I've been calling for a young backup for sometime to be ready behind AD. My nightmare is Dalton getting hurt for a long period and having to resort the other guy. He isn't solid just Grudens guy whatever that means.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
BBlesmiley's Avatar
BBlesmiley BBlesmiley is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 809
Rep Points: 439
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

I'm looking at the playoff game now. Guys we have to get rid of Brandon Tate.lol
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,275
Rep Points: 34250
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
He also wasn't looked at as good of a prospect for many reasons.
Didn't train that hard at Auburn in the weight room.
Couldn't lift at the combine.
Had weight issues.

Plus that is a bad way to compare, some guys are just better college guys than pros.

Jonathan Luigs was a consensus first team all american, 3 year All-SEC (first team) and Rimmington Trophy winner.
Drafted 106 overall behind the less decorated Eric Wood and Antoine Caldwell.
Wood - 28th overall, First team freshman all american, 2nd team all big east, 2 time first team big east.
Caldwell - 77th overall, consensus all american, first team all SEC.
If you think McNeill fell in the draft because of his skillset and the fact that it would not transition to the NFL, then we just disagree. McNeill made the Pro Bowl his first 2 years in the league ( a feat Ferguson didn't accomplish until his 4th year).

You mention the fact that McNeill didn't lift at the combine as a reason he fell. What did Ferguson do at the combine?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,805
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
If you think McNeill fell in the draft because of his skillset and the fact that it would not transition to the NFL, then we just disagree. McNeill made the Pro Bowl his first 2 years in the league ( a feat Ferguson didn't accomplish until his 4th year).

You mention the fact that McNeill didn't lift at the combine as a reason he fell. What did Ferguson do at the combine?
Well you keep using his college accomplishments but that doesn't always translate is all Im saying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,098
Rep Points: 15772
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Don't be shocked if Travis Kelce goes in the 2nd.
Oh I'm not on Kelce; he looked great all year.

Williams everyone has going in the 6th.

No way he lasts that long IMO; hands of glue and a beast of a blocker. Hell, move him to DE
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
50yarder 50yarder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 113
Rep Points: 105
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

1.The Bengals won't draft offensiveline as everyone seems to think.

2. Kenjon Barner won't be a Bengal.

3. They make a head scratching pick because its overdue.

4. They take 2 DE or another DT

5. They draft a QB earlier than anyone expects.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Old White Guy's Avatar
Old White Guy Old White Guy is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Blue Ash
Posts: 1,167
Rep Points: 1689
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Bengals will draft Barrett Jones first.
Bengals will draft a QB. Hopefully Landrey Jones
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,482
Rep Points: 6283
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
If you think McNeill fell in the draft because of his skillset and the fact that it would not transition to the NFL, then we just disagree. McNeill made the Pro Bowl his first 2 years in the league ( a feat Ferguson didn't accomplish until his 4th year).

You mention the fact that McNeill didn't lift at the combine as a reason he fell. What did Ferguson do at the combine?
McNeil fell in the draft solely on the concerns about his back.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,135
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: 5 Bold Draft Predictions 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Marcus McNeil was a 2 times consensus All-American OT in college. He was more decorated than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. D'Brickashaw was drafted 4th, Marcus was drafted 50th. Why?

Significant Spinal Stenosis... If I remember correctly
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.