Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 35
bengals Trade up!

Trade the first 2nd rd pick and 4th rd pick for the colts #1.
We draft lb ogletree and rb lacy or ogletree and de zeke ansah. Instead of trading back and getting decent players. Let's trade up and get 2 stars. We should target 4 studs and trade the rest of our picks to get them. The past couple of years we had 10 and 11 picks and wasted several picks. Be aggressive! Instead of hoping players might fall to us.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476
bengals Re: Trade up!

No thank you!

We can get Ansah without trading anything and I would take Bernard, Gilleslee, or Randle over Lacy.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Trade up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
No thank you!

We can get Ansah without trading anything and I would take Bernard, Gilleslee, or Randle over Lacy.
Gillislee could be kind of a sleeper.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1014

You can get just as much talent in the second round then you can get in the first! Lacy, who is by the way, the best overall back in this years draft class, will be there with 2A. I think Ogletree will be gone by the time we pick in the first. The Bears are going to snatch him up. So I think we are going to go with a DE (montgomery or okafor). I do not think trading up will make that big of a deal, therefore, I would not do it!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
You can get just as much talent in the second round then you can get in the first! Lacy, who is by the way, the best overall back in this years draft class, will be there with 2A. I think Ogletree will be gone by the time we pick in the first. The Bears are going to snatch him up. So I think we are going to go with a DE (montgomery or okafor). I do not think trading up will make that big of a deal, therefore, I would not do it!
Lacy is the most hyped because of where he plays. Not hard to look great when you play on the 33rd NFL team that is playing in the collegiate ranks.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7952

Quote:
No thank you!

Not interested in trading up either but all of the backs mentioned even Lacy should be good at the next level.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10234

Ogletree could be there when the Bengals pick. As could numerous players.

No point in trading up, unless it's for Jarvis Jones. In that case, I say go for it.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1014

Quote:
Lacy is the most hyped because of where he plays. Not hard to look great when you play on the 33rd NFL team that is playing in the collegiate ranks.
Playing at Alabama may distort his stock a little bit, but even if you watched the BCS game, he is shifty. He will dance and cut very quick. He has very good feet and balance. He has a great spin move that he loves to use and uses it very well. He is quick to accelerate through the hole (which his line opens up gaping holes) and fast enough to run off tackle and run up the sidelines. Strong enough to shove tacklers off him. Good hands out of the backfield. Big enough to buy a QB time on a blitz. He pretty much showed every aspect of his game in one night. ND defense was a great defense. Their front seven was very good. Lacy did some serious damage against a great defense. Its not like they were out there playing a FCS team.

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13223

If we ever trade up in the 1st, it better be for somebody who is a virtual lock at their position to be a top 5 guy in the 1st year.

If you cross OT and DT off the list because they are not 1st round needs (IMO), who the heck would you trade up to get? And are we one special player away from the Super Bowl?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

I don't think you would need to trade up that far if you wanted to land Lacey but who knows
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Playing at Alabama may distort his stock a little bit, but even if you watched the BCS game, he is shifty. He will dance and cut very quick. He has very good feet and balance. He has a great spin move that he loves to use and uses it very well. He is quick to accelerate through the hole (which his line opens up gaping holes) and fast enough to run off tackle and run up the sidelines. Strong enough to shove tacklers off him. Good hands out of the backfield. Big enough to buy a QB time on a blitz. He pretty much showed every aspect of his game in one night. ND defense was a great defense. Their front seven was very good. Lacy did some serious damage against a great defense. Its not like they were out there playing a FCS team.
The ND defense is not great....sorry.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 43016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
If we ever trade up in the 1st, it better be for somebody who is a virtual lock at their position to be a top 5 guy in the 1st year.

If you cross OT and DT off the list because they are not 1st round needs (IMO), who the heck would you trade up to get? And are we one special player away from the Super Bowl?

Very good points, and I agree about not trading up for a second 1st round pick.

You ask if we are one special player away from the Super Bowl? My honest answer is no. Offensively, we are at least 2 possibly 3 players away. Imo, a stud at C, and a speed back used properly would put the team over the top.

Wh, wha, what about WR2, some of you might ask? My answer is that they are already on the team. Sanu is the man when he's healthy, Marvin Jones just needs some more quality time with the team.

Defensively, I feel that this roster is only one good LB from being SB caliber. (Deleting Rey, adding quality L

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post

You ask if we are one special player away from the Super Bowl? My honest answer is no. Offensively, we are at least 2 possibly 3 players away. Imo, a stud at C, and a speed back used properly would put the team over the top.

Wh, wha, what about WR2, some of you might ask? My answer is that they are already on the team. Sanu is the man when he's healthy, Marvin Jones just needs some more quality time with the team.

Defensively, I feel that this roster is only one good LB from being SB caliber. (Deleting Rey, adding quality L
I don't agree with the #2 WR assessment
Old 01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 43016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I don't agree with the #2 WR assessment

That's OK, it was just my opinion on the subject.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

I think we need another WR, like Jennings or Bowe, but I would rather meet this need in FA rather than the draft.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3194

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRuck View Post
Trade the first 2nd rd pick and 4th rd pick for the colts #1.
We draft lb ogletree and rb lacy or ogletree and de zeke ansah. Instead of trading back and getting decent players. Let's trade up and get 2 stars. We should target 4 studs and trade the rest of our picks to get them. The past couple of years we had 10 and 11 picks and wasted several picks. Be aggressive! Instead of hoping players might fall to us.
I could see trading up an getting Ogletree if needed. Linebacker is our biggest need. Right now Ogletree isn't really projected before our pick, but he does have forward momentum. Some are now saying Chicago might want him a 20. If the Bengals really want him, and the scenario requires a small jump ahead of Chicago, say a 4th, that's ok with me. We can't go trade up happy though, nor should we, because mistakes can happen early in the draft also. Can't mortgage and over bet per say.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
The ND defense is not great....sorry.
Until that Bama game it was.

*Defense is ranked No. 1 in the country in scoring defense, TD defense and red zone TD percentage
*Notre Dame has given up the lowest percentage of red zone touchdowns (24.2) of any FBS team in the past nine seasons. The Irish have forced almost as many turnovers in the red zone (five) as they've given up touchdowns (eight)." - Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN
*Notre Dame led the country with 10.3 points allowed per game and was sixth with 288.1 yards.
* Notre Dame has allowed 14 plays that have gained 25 yards or more, tied for second fewest in FBS.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22560

No one in the first round (within reason) is worth trading up for.
The talent in this draft is very tightly bunched outside of a few out-lying guys
Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Until that Bama game it was.

*Defense is ranked No. 1 in the country in scoring defense, TD defense and red zone TD percentage
*Notre Dame has given up the lowest percentage of red zone touchdowns (24.2) of any FBS team in the past nine seasons. The Irish have forced almost as many turnovers in the red zone (five) as they've given up touchdowns (eight)." - Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN
*Notre Dame led the country with 10.3 points allowed per game and was sixth with 288.1 yards.
* Notre Dame has allowed 14 plays that have gained 25 yards or more, tied for second fewest in FBS.
You did see their schedule correct?

Navy, Wake Forest, Michigan State, Purdue, USC without Barkley, Boston College, BYU, Pitt., .......enough said
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post

On offense I would say 2 players away 1) another big wr to go along with a.j. 2) a stud rb.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalwdey1 View Post
On offense I would say 2 players away 1) another big wr to go along with a.j. 2) a stud rb.
And on D they're probably 2 away as we'll. S and a MLB/SLB that can cover a TE.

Rey doesn't appear to be that guy,nor does Lawson. Could Burfict do it? I don't know, but he's pretty darn good at WLB, not sure if I'd want to test it.

4 main areas of improvement means, to me at least, this isn't the time to trade up.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390

Quote:

I agree with the WR assessment honestly I do not see anyone in this draft better than what we have to throw a pick at. I would however would like to see a big bodied or a guy with burners added ala Chris Henry. Other than that can't keep overdrafting guys without giving them a chance to develop.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6377

Quote:

Sanu is a nice WR, but he didn't exactly light the world on fire when he was in the games. He is a great target over the middle and very reliable, but I don't think teams respect him as a deep threat. We need that kind of guy.

If we keep all of our free agents, I don't think this team is that far away. Get a legit prospect at S and LB and you are looking at an elite defense if the young guys continue to develop.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
That's OK, it was just my opinion on the subject.
Whalen,Sazenbacher(sp),Tate, all should be gone. I'd resign baby hawk but we need another slot guy whose a little taller, that cost us a few catches this year. That's why I've said Stedman Bailey would be a great pick for us. We need a WR on the outside opposite of AJ who has great hands and can run routes and get out of his cuts( Quinton Patton fits all of those qualities, plus he can go deep as well).

For us to not take advantage of this deep WR class would be a travesty. Especially when we have some who are mediocre at best.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:
Oh... So because a guy is an absolute monster on the best team in college football we should simply place him in the overhyped bin and not even look at him. Sounds like a quality plan.

Shredding the number one defense in the nation with a Heisman finalist LB and garnering offensive MVP is deserving of no credit either because you believe they are not great.

What is your outlandish excuse to over look Lacy for the abuse he dealt Georgia in the SEC championship?