Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15423
bengals Re: Serious For A Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
Here's my two cents for what it's worth. She didn't just cheat on you. She cheated on you to an extent that she ended up leaving you. Obviously, I'm not terribly familiar with your situation, but this was a pretty deep and convoluted scheme that was perpetrated against you. My experience is that the likelihood of it happening again is quite high, and that she's coming back to you because it's comfortable for her. If you're going to make your relationship with her work, she's going to expect you to do a lot of changing too. If she were totally happy with you to start with, she wouldn't have left. I don't think it's fair for you to be put into that type of situation.

Again, I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but there's an outsider's prospective.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20167
Default Re: Serious For A Moment

NO
Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 59493

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I need some REAL advice from you folks. I know I'll get the expected wisecracks, and I love them, but any serious opinions would be cool.

Most, if not all, of you know my wife left me back in July, and we divorced in October. There was another guy involved, and it pretty well rocked my world, bad.

She called me last night, and asked me if there was any chance we could talk about reconciliation, she said she made a terrible mistake. Now normally, I would have told her some stuff I can't even say here, but the thing is, I still love her.

Just want to see what some of you think, because some of you are pretty good people.
Im as un-serious a person as you will find on these boards, but I have some serious advice:

Once a cheater, always a cheater. I would not reconcile under any circumstances. Thats not to say you cant be civil...even friendly, but you should no longer consider her a viable romantic partner.

You say you love her, but at this point what you love is what your relationship was when it was good. Trust is the single biggest indicator of a healthy, successful relationship. She chose to give that away.

I have been married 21 years, but would walk away tomorrow and not look back if I caught my wife cheating. My mindset is that I am a good person and worth having a relationship with. If she didnt want me enough to stay true to me, then I dont want to be with her. I will let her go find someone she really wants, and I will do the same. Trust and self esteem my man.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

thank God you can support yourself after she left..I mean that would be horrible being a Geico salesmen and having your wife take care of you..horrible!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
they say people who are nude all the time have autisim.

Rep.

That's right everyone, I just gave rep to MS.

It was well deserved.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28126

Intensive counseling, give it a shot.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.