Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25879
bengals Mock 1.0

Round 1 - 21st overall

Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU - 6'6" 270

We will secure MJ and Carlos is under contract still. I believe Gilberry will also return. This said we do not need a DE to produce immediately but the rare qualities of this young man are freakish. He has played very little football compared to most and his best days are ahead of him. Too good to pass up!

Round 2 - 37th overall

Phillip Thomas - S - Fresno State - 6'1" 215

A ball hawking safety that we sorely need. Great size and able to support the run. Nelson and Thomas will provide a formidable pair of safeties.

Round 2 - 53rd overall

Joseph Randle - RB - Oklahoma State - 6'1" 205

Time to raise this offense to another level. Has the body to add bulk without losing speed. Able to pick up the blitz. Outstanding hands out of the backfield. 15-20 carries a game no problem allowing Ellis to play to his strengths....relief and tough short yardage situations. This kid is a gamebreaker.

Round 3 - 84th overall

Khaled Holmes - C - USC - 6'3" 305

May need to add some bulk to play against 3-4 NTs on a weekly basis but is a smart atheletic center that is an outstanding pass blocker and has shown consistent ability to get to the second level in run blocking.

Round 4 - 115th overall

Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - 6'1" 238

Another solid prospect from Linebacker U. Should help solidy a unit that has given up some big plays.

Round 5 - 149th overall

Xavier Nixon - OT - Florida - 6'5" 314

A athletically gifted tackle that has been hampered by injury. Depth at OT is a need and this could actually fill the Dennis Roland roster spot with a productive player.

Round 6 - 180th overall

Micah Hyde - CB - Iowa - 6'1" 190

A DB with great size for the position. Has flashed brilliance at times and disappeared at others. Worth the risk at this point.

Round 6 - 188th overall

Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio State - 6'5" 245

Solid blocker and very good receiver. Maybe could teach Gresham what hands are for.

Many may wonder about a lack of WR. At this point if we are uncertain at #2 then it should be addressed by bringing in a guy like Brian Hartline. We have young talent at the position that needs developed do not see sense in adding more of the same.

Last edited by OSUfan; 01-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5178
Default Re: Mock 1.0

Not a huge fan of the Anseh pick as I think he's a day two pick. Would rather Okafor. Like the Hodges pick.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Mock 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Not a huge fan of the Anseh pick as I think he's a day two pick. Would rather Okafor. Like the Hodges pick.
I believe after the combine he will be a Day 1 no doubt. I have no problem with Okafor in that spot either. If we needed a guy to produce Day 1 as a starter then I would probably go with Okafor.

Anseh has not even scratched the surface of his abilities.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

switch randle to the 3rd and take frederick with 2B
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 43961

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Does anybody know how old Ziggy is?

As to the rest of the draft, solid. Not the biggest Randle fan; he got shutdown in their Bowl Game.

Love Hodges, kid is all class.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

I think it is pretty good.

DE probably has the most value in the 1st, even if it not the biggest need.

I will reserve my final judgement (for whatever that is worth) on Randle until after we see his measurables.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Round 1 - 21st overall

Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU - 6'6" 270

We will secure MJ and Carlos is under contract still. I believe Gilberry will also return. This said we do not need a DE to produce immediately but the rare qualities of this young man are freakish. He has played very little football compared to most and his best days are ahead of him. Too good to pass up!

Round 2 - 37th overall

Phillip Thomas - S - Fresno State - 6'1" 215

A ball hawking safety that we sorely need. Great size and able to support the run. Nelson and Thomas will provide a formidable pair of safeties.

Round 2 - 53rd overall

Joseph Randle - RB - Oklahoma State - 6'1" 205

Time to raise this offense to another level. Has the body to add bulk without losing speed. Able to pick up the blitz. Outstanding hands out of the backfield. 15-20 carries a game no problem allowing Ellis to play to his strengths....relief and tough short yardage situations. This kid is a gamebreaker.

Round 3 - 84th overall

Khaled Holmes - C - USC - 6'3" 305

May need to add some bulk to play against 3-4 NTs on a weekly basis but is a smart atheletic center that is an outstanding pass blocker and has shown consistent ability to get to the second level in run blocking.

Round 4 - 115th overall

Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - 6'1" 238

Another solid prospect from Linebacker U. Should help solidy a unit that has given up some big plays.

Round 5 - 149th overall

Xavier Nixon - OT - Florida - 6'5" 314

A athletically gifted tackle that has been hampered by injury. Depth at OT is a need and this could actually fill the Dennis Roland roster spot with a productive player.

Round 6 - 180th overall

Micah Hyde - CB - Iowa - 6'1" 190

A DB with great size for the position. Has flashed brilliance at times and disappeared at others. Worth the risk at this point.

Round 6 - 188th overall

Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio State - 6'5" 245

Solid blocker and very good receiver. Maybe could teach Gresham what hands are for.

Many may wonder about a lack of WR. At this point if we are uncertain at #2 then it should be addressed by bringing in a guy like Brian Hartline. We have young talent at the position that needs developed do not see sense in adding more of the same.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I would post this in my own thread but I'm not allowed. With that said, this is by far the best mock draft I have seen so far. Here is what I mocked and, ultimately, the reason why I registered. :)

1st RD: Alex Okafor DE Texas 6'5" 265lbs. In my opinion, the best 4-3 DE in the draft. This guy played DT in 2011, has tremendous strength, sets the edge better than any DE I've seen come out the draft the last few years. 4.5 sacks in his last collegiate game, against a quality opponent, are you kidding me!!!!

2nd RD A: Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State 6'1" 185lbs. Reminds me of a faster Chad Johnson. This kid has legit 4.3 - 4.4 speed and can get vertical in a hurry. In my opinion, that is exactly what this offense needs, somebody besides AJ, who can take the top off the defense. If you can force a safety to stay over the top, that will open the intermediate middle of the field. That is where Gresham and Randle can earn their paychecks.

2nd RD B: Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State. Nothing to add here either.

3rd RD: Khaled Holmes C USC. Everything you touched on. Although I think his run blocking is undervalued.

4th RD: Sio Moore OLB UCONN 6'1" 230lbs. Projects as a WLB to the NFL. This team needs a OLB who is quick, fast, and adept at rushing the passer. Moore is all of these. In 21 starts, he had 198 tackles (28 for loss), 8 sacks and 11 passes broken up.

5th RD: Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse 5'9" 210lbs. An aggressive, big hitter who does well in both run and pass support. And it doesn't hurt that he has legit 4.4 speed and fluid hips.

6th RD A: Manase Foketi T West Texas A&M 6’5” 320lbs. 12 game starter for KSU in 2010 and graduated early. Wanted to play his “senior” year of college football but KSU would not grant his release, so he went to Div II. I hope and pray he lasts this long, but I would be ecstatic if we got him in the 5th.

6th RD B: Sean Renfree QB Duke 6’4” 225 (despite pectoral injuty). 3 year starter at Duke who played with absolutely no talent. Big frame and strong arm. Oh, by the way, was tutored by the same coach as Peyton and Eli.

I am going to EDIT this as I add descriptions, but I was worried the page would time me out. :)

Last edited by ilovethedraft; 01-12-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: wip
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Does anybody know how old Ziggy is?

As to the rest of the draft, solid. Not the biggest Randle fan; he got shutdown in their Bowl Game.

Love Hodges, kid is all class.
In Mel Kiper's Big Board, he has Ansah listed at 22 years old.
Someone posted Kiper's board here: Big Board
Edit: The date of birth isn't mentioned however.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 524

Nice mock!
I'm not a fan of Xavier Nixon but remove him and its extra solid.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4287

Nice Mock. Totally expected Giovanni Bernard; way to keep me on my toes.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethedraft View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. I would post this in my own thread but I'm not allowed. With that said, this is by far the best mock draft I have seen so far. Here is what I mocked and, ultimately, the reason why I registered. :)

1st RD: Alex Okafor DE Texas 6'5" 265lbs. In my opinion, the best 4-3 DE in the draft. This guy played DT in 2011, has tremendous strength, sets the edge better than any DE I've seen come out the draft the last few years. 4.5 sacks in his last collegiate game, against a quality opponent, are you kidding me!!!!

2nd RD A: Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State 6'1" 185lbs. Reminds me of a faster Chad Johnson. This kid has legit 4.3 - 4.4 speed and can get vertical in a hurry. In my opinion, that is exactly what this offense needs, somebody besides AJ, who can take the top off the defense. If you can force a safety to stay over the top, that will open the intermediate middle of the field. That is where Gresham and Randle can earn their paychecks. :)
Looks like a threat, for sure. Comparing him to Chad? It does like like Chad taught him how to bloack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfNoK4BsVs
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30701

I would like Ansah at 37, but not at 21.

They won't be drafting a center in the first 4 rounds.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Nice Mock. Totally expected Giovanni Bernard; way to keep me on my toes.
I have been watching every bit of tape I can find on the backs and have become very impressed with Randle. He is very good without the ball as well and really does a good job picking up blitzes. Has the frame to add some bulk without losing his quickness. I think he is goinv to have a good NFL career.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I would like Ansah at 37, but not at 21.

They won't be drafting a center in the first 4 rounds.
That is why opinions are great.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26220

Outside of the Ansah and Hodges picks, not really a fan.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethedraft View Post

2nd RD A: Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State 6'1" 185lbs. Reminds me of a faster Chad Johnson. This kid has legit 4.3 - 4.4 speed and can get vertical in a hurry. In my opinion, that is exactly what this offense needs, somebody besides AJ, who can take the top off the defense. If you can force a safety to stay over the top, that will open the intermediate middle of the field. That is where Gresham and Randle can earn their paychecks.

2nd RD B: Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State. Nothing to add here either.

3rd RD: Khaled Holmes C USC. Everything you touched on. Although I think his run blocking is undervalued.

4th RD: Sio Moore OLB UCONN 6'1" 230lbs. Projects as a WLB to the NFL. This team needs a OLB who is quick, fast, and adept at rushing the passer. Moore is all of these. In 21 starts, he had 198 tackles (28 for loss), 8 sacks and 11 passes broken up.

5th RD: Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse 5'9" 210lbs. An aggressive, big hitter who does well in both run and pass support. And it doesn't hurt that he has legit 4.4 speed and fluid hips.

6th RD A: Manase Foketi T West Texas A&M 6’5” 320lbs. 12 game starter for KSU in 2010 and graduated early. Wanted to play his “senior” year of college football but KSU would not grant his release, so he went to Div II. I hope and pray he lasts this long, but I would be ecstatic if we got him in the 5th.

6th RD B: Sean Renfree QB Duke 6’4” 225 (despite pectoral injuty). 3 year starter at Duke who played with absolutely no talent. Big frame and strong arm. Oh, by the way, was tutored by the same coach as Peyton and Eli.

I am going to EDIT this as I add descriptions, but I was worried the page would time me out. :)
Welcome to the boards.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Outside of the Ansah and Hodges picks, not really a fan.
Sorry.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Like the coaches developed former 2nd and 3rd round draft picks, Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Like the coaches developed former 2nd and 3rd round draft picks, Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell?
Not in the mood sorry.