Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2411
Default Taylor Lewan returning to Michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan is putting millions of dollars on hold to chase a Big Ten championship.

The first-team All-American and the league's offensive lineman of the year is staying for his senior season, turning down a chance to be a first-round pick in the NFL draft and become wealthy as soon as this spring.

''People don't really understand why I wouldn't leave for the NFL,'' Lewan said Wednesday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press before making his announcement. ''But when I came to the University of Michigan, I didn't understand the tradition of this place, either. Now, I do. In the NFL, you just come and go. But here at Michigan, it's not like that. I love these guys - my teammates are my best friends - and I want to stay to win Big Ten championships.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michiga...49--ncaaf.html

I'm so glad to hear this ! :) Go Blue !!!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: Taylor Lewan returning to Michigan

Hahahaha what an idiot. Not only is he costing himself millions of dollars and being known as a top 10 pick, but there is no way in hell he, nor his Michigan team, will even compete for the Big 10 Championship.

The reason.....Urban Meyer, Braxton Miller and THE Ohio State Buckeyes. Beat Blue at their best this year and no doubt will beat them next year! The best part???? It will be at Michigan.

Lets go BUCKS!!!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan is putting millions of dollars on hold to chase a Big Ten championship.

The first-team All-American and the league's offensive lineman of the year is staying for his senior season, turning down a chance to be a first-round pick in the NFL draft and become wealthy as soon as this spring.

''People don't really understand why I wouldn't leave for the NFL,'' Lewan said Wednesday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press before making his announcement. ''But when I came to the University of Michigan, I didn't understand the tradition of this place, either. Now, I do. In the NFL, you just come and go. But here at Michigan, it's not like that. I love these guys - my teammates are my best friends - and I want to stay to win Big Ten championships.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michiga...49--ncaaf.html

I'm so glad to hear this ! :) Go Blue !!!
How many "Big Ten Championships" does he think you can win in one year?

I do have a serious question for any Blue fans in this thread: Will Hoke be on the hotseat if he doesn't do well this year? How many losses will you consider "acceptable" in 2013? After all, he has never won his conference as a head coach. Ever. He's only even won his division once!

I'm not trying to troll you or anything, but I am curious how much of a leash you're willing to give him. I have said ever since he was hired that he would reap the rewards of RichRod's skill players finally maturing in Hoke's first year, and Hoke's win total would stabilize right around 8 pretty much every year after. As a Buckeye fan, it is best for you guys to be as good as possible when we play you each November, and I was pretty p!$$ed when you hired Hoke. No one will be impressed if we beat you when you're 8-3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Michigan should go undefeated with this weak schedule.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Hahahaha what an idiot. Not only is he costing himself millions of dollars and being known as a top 10 pick, but there is no way in hell he, nor his Michigan team, will even compete for the Big 10 Championship.

The reason.....Urban Meyer, Braxton Miller and THE Ohio State Buckeyes. Beat Blue at their best this year and no doubt will beat them next year! The best part???? It will be at Michigan.

Lets go BUCKS!!!
he will still be a top 10 pick next year. "I" word or no "I" word. Nobody is an idiot in my books if they want to stay in school and finish their degree. Thats all i'm saying on that. Jake Long did the same thing he's doing and that turned out OK for him.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
How many "Big Ten Championships" does he think you can win in one year?

I do have a serious question for any Blue fans in this thread: Will Hoke be on the hotseat if he doesn't do well this year? How many losses will you consider "acceptable" in 2013? After all, he has never won his conference as a head coach. Ever. He's only even won his division once!

I'm not trying to troll you or anything, but I am curious how much of a leash you're willing to give him. I have said ever since he was hired that he would reap the rewards of RichRod's skill players finally maturing in Hoke's first year, and Hoke's win total would stabilize right around 8 pretty much every year after. As a Buckeye fan, it is best for you guys to be as good as possible when we play you each November, and I was pretty p!$$ed when you hired Hoke. No one will be impressed if we beat you when you're 8-3.
Borges is on my hotseat Whodey. They had a tough schedule this year. Bama, ND, Nebraska, OSU. All of which were on the road. All of them loses. Bama and ND nat'l title finals. OSU squad in the shoe not an easy place to play against a talendted undefeated team. Nebraska on the road at night? also no walk in the park.

the defense plays above their heads because of the coaching from Hoke and Mattison. i'm willing to give Borges a couple more years post Denard Robinson. He is electric and from what i see over all a great kid. (i'm 38 years old they are all good kids to me no matter where they go to school) but not a good fit for the WC offense

I want to see how the O progresses under this staff before i pass judgment. I give it two more years. I'm pleased with the defense so far.

I have serious beef with the offense but these slot ninja receivers on the team aren't fit for the offence he wants to install and neither was Denard. The O linemen besides Lewan are not road graders. In the big 10 you need road graders. The kids they have recruited on O line are and they are going to start playing full time this upcoming year.

O line in my opinion is the most important position on the field. (i played O line in highschool i'm biased) so thats why i'm willing to give it a couple more years as these kids mature.

cheers.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 118

I guess he wants to get abused by Adolphus Washington and Noah Spence for another game or two (if OSU plays Michigan in the B1G title game).