Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > College Football

College Football Now all you Buckeyes homers have your own place to talk about your favorite team.

View Poll Results: Would you want Nick Saban as the next Head Coach of the Cincinnati Bengals?
Yes - he would take this talented team to the next level with the talent we have! 2 18.18%
No - I would rather see someone else as our next Head Coach 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 991
Default Nick Saban

He runs one hell of a team down there in Alabama. If you ever watch a practice or watch an interveiw, Saban is strictly business. No lovey dovey ********! Straight 100% business. I dont know if I have ever seen the man smile. If you talk or watch to any of his players via interview, they seem to love playing for the man too. I wouldnt think playing for someone so strict could possibly be any fun, but in the word of Nick Saban.......

"Our fun is winning!"

and he is 100% right about that. No doubt they are the best football team in the country year in and year out. Id put money down saying they could give a low end NFL team a run for their money.

He runs a pro style, hard nose, running back By Committee with play action based offense that torches defenses. Yeldon and Lacy (hope Eddie is with the Bengals next year) make one hell of a one two punch. AJ McCarron may not be a heisman trophy winner, may only be an average or below average QB at the next level, but Saban uses him perfectly. Their offense is decevingly quick with some HUMUNGOUS boys up front on the Oline.

There is no doubt about his defense either. Best defense in the country. No one even close. CJ Mosely, Dee Millner, Robert Lester.

He surrounds himself with the best coaches and breeds winning coaches left and right.

NFL Record with the Miami Dolphins - 15 W - 17 L

It was Saban who inevitably made the decision to head back to college football. But you have to believe, deep down, he wants to make another run at the NFL level and prove he is one of the best coaches in all of football.

Question is, would you want Nick Saban as the Head Football Coach of your Cincinnati Bengals? Even if it meant passing over Zimmer?

My answer would be a definite YES! What say you fellow Bengal fans??

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4577
Default Re: Nick Saban

I would want to give Zimmer a shot over just about anybody except Bill Cowher, but Saban wouldn't be a bad alternative. 15-17 isn't far off from what Marvin has done here. Who knows what he could have done with a few more years. He obviously has a nose for motivating people, identifying talent, and excellence in general. I don't think he'll make the jump back to the NFL any time soon.

2. If you adjust the minimum wage for inflation it would have been close to $20 per hour back in the 80's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone77 View Post
I mean 85,000 is not too shabby for a teacher with 8 years experience, and that is typical salary in Ohio for a teacher with that experience.