Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18728
Default Re: Dalton vs Kaepernick (20/20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
No I'm not. I know what I read and the whole "Dalton vs. Manning" thing came up around comparing their first two years in the league, And if anyone before the season started expressed such a preference it actually would have some logic to it - Peyton Manning was coming off a potential career ending injury and on a new team. That he would adjust so well and be so completely recovered was not predictable.
The Broncos, Jets, 49ers, etc were all courting Manning. That said the Broncos were immediately predicted to win their division with Manning signing there. Most of the experts said if Manning went to the 49ers, they would have been stronger contenders for the Superbowl.

I guess nobody other then Harbaugh thought that Colin could have made the 49ers stronger contenders if they did not sign Manning.

A good thing about this website is to reread what others felt about Manning, Dalton and Carson last year.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...hlight=Manning
Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
Character and class are both things, and when Kaepernick spiked the ball and taunted the fallen Packer on their 5, it was bad enough I actually cringed.

I'm comfortable with the Bengals choosing the classier act of the two, and despite some growing pains I mean...2 years, 2 postseasons (in the AFCN no less!)

cut the dude some slack

Third place and second place.

I agree growing pains for Colin, a record performance never done by a QB in the history of the game, a playoff win and next week the Conference Championships with a good chance of playing in the Superbowl as the favorite. Yes, I will take the growing pains for this second year player. And I have already cut him some slack for his spike.

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-14-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Next year is first place.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 47

Quote:
nice trend, that.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 225

Quote:
nice trend, that.
Especially when it makes the playoffs 2 years in a row for the first time in forever. I'll take a wild card spot every year if thats how we win a super bowl.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Character and class are both things, and when Kaepernick spiked the ball and taunted the fallen Packer on their 5, it was bad enough I actually cringed.

I'm comfortable with the Bengals choosing the classier act of the two, and despite some growing pains I mean...2 years, 2 postseasons (in the AFCN no less!)

cut the dude some slack
You have alot in common with this whiner who felt that Tom Brady had no class when he waved the ball and spiked it after he scored a TD. Funny comment was when a Falcoln fan replied with "Manning would never do that."
************************************************** *****************************************

august4th

about 2 years ago

"I am not sure if there is already a discussion about this (I would be shocked if there isn't) but was I the only one who saw Tom Brady taunt the Steelers fans after his rush TD by waving the ball at the crowd. And this is not the first time Brady has shown a bit of a dislike towards the city and the fans.

I may be a bit biased because he beat us so badly last night but I honestly just think that was a classless act from a guy who seems to hate Pittsburgh for no reason. I apologize for the "two cents" but I juts think it is inexcuseable when a professional athlete brings the fans into the fold."

^^^^post from a steeler fan

manning would never do that..

************************************************** ***********************************

I remember that spike of Brady against the Squeelers and I loved it!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Another fun quote from "no class" Brady spiking the ball on the Steelers.
************************************************** ************************************************** **

about 2 years ago

manning is a **** that plays by the rules and that blame his defeats on his team.

This is football not a ****ing dinner with Barack Obama. You got to be intense and play with hatred if you want to win "playoff-like" games. And this was one of these games. Wondering why your team got dominated? Because you never played with Brady's intensity.

Braylon Edwards danced in front of us like a **** and we didn't cry as much as you guys are doing.

Oh, and your all-happy WR that keeps smiling of the other teams when he scores? Manning would never do that right?

You should worry more about your awful secondary and Polamalu biting every play action we made and misreading plays (if you re-watch the game you will see him getting beat 4~5 times) than about Brady playing with his heart.

Patriots >>>>>>> Steelers

NOW I'M SCORING WITH THESE ****ES. CRAZY.
SPIKE MY BALLS ON THEIR FACES. TOM BRADY

************************************************** **************************************************
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31247

Quote:

I agree growing pains for Colin, a record performance never done by a QB in the history of the game, a playoff win and next week the Conference Championships with a good chance of playing in the Superbowl as the favorite. Yes, I will take the growing pains for this second year player. And I have already cut him some slack for his spike.
The 49ers made the NFC championship with Alex Smith last year. Just sayin'.

Kaep is playing well, but lets not act as if he's carrying the 9ers.

That team is outstanding.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
The 49ers made the NFC championship with Alex Smith last year. Just sayin'.

Kaep is playing well, but lets not act as if he's carrying the 9ers.

That team is outstanding.

I responded to a remark where one member talks about the Bengals last two years in the post season with a similar remark about the 49ers[who I hate, and never wanted them to even make the playoffs] who are entering the Conference Championship.
That plus I included Colin's record performance in the playoffs. And now you are talking about whether he is carrying the 49ers or not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergun

cut the dude some slack

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-14-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:

I'm comfortable with the Bengals choosing the classier act of the two
No doubt! I've done some reading online stating that Colin has grown very big headed in his current role and newfound stardom.

While Andy has grown more confident in himself, I don't have any issue with the way he has carried himself both on or off the field. He and AJ have been considered the new saviors of the franchise and continue to carry themsleves well despite success. That's one of the things I like best about both of them.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
No doubt! I've done some reading online stating that Colin has grown very big headed in his current role and newfound stardom.

While Andy has grown more confident in himself, I don't have any issue with the way he has carried himself both on or off the field. He and AJ have been considered the new saviors of the franchise and continue to carry themsleves well despite success. That's one of the things I like best about both of them.

Maybe we should get boyscouts for our team instead of NFL players.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-14-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1387

Quote:
Oh yes they did. You are providing misinformation. You are throwing in first two seasons. I never said that, but you just did. Bryan was correct in that extreme homers and excusers for Dalton picked Dalton over Manning in regards to the long term. I don't believe in the long term, I believe in winning NOW. With the salary cap and unforseen injuries, you can't build a team to be a dynasty anymore. That said, many members here said they wanted Dalton over Peyton before THIS season started.

Don't go changing what I said to fit your argument in regards to the first two seasons between the QB's.
Good post.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2838

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwing View Post
Dalton (2011 pick #35) vs Kaepernick (2011 pick #36),

Right now, u can't help but second guess pick 35.... come on Andy, close the gap in 2013
It was the right pick....The Bengals needed a starter ready QB in the draft. I love watching Kaepernick and from all the accounts the Bengals ranked him high but he was and is a project. People always want to go back say ohh they drafted Kapernick what people forget is what the 49ER's did before Kapernick (BTW, 49ers also drafted Aldon Smoth that year WOW) Look at their Oline, they control lines of scrimmage.

Joe Staley= Left Tackle 1st Round Pick
Mike Iupati= Left guard 1 st Round Pick
Anthony Davis= Right Tackle 1st Round Pick
Signed Jonathan Goodwin= Center 11 years played for Saints in superbowl
Developed Alex Boone= from the Ohio State converted from tackle to guard.

3 1st round guys on their Oline. I say it every year, you win this game in the trenches. You have to draft talent in the trenches to go along with your developed players.

LT- Andrew Whitworth- 2nd Round Pick converted from Guard to Tackle
LG- Clint Boling- 4th Round Pick
C- College Free agents Cook and Robinson
RG- Kevin Zeitler- 1st Round Pick
RT- Andre Smith 1st Round Pick

Whit is ok and Boling is the Iron Man, but football isn't a secret how to maintain success. Everyone is talking about speed backs in the draft and all these specialty guys, Zeitler was a great pick, keep drafting inside players. If your Oline can hold guys out, your receivers will get open. If they can control their guy the running back can run. The recipe isn't complicated, but it all starts up front

Last edited by ODRAB14; 01-14-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13014

Quote:
Maybe we should get boyscouts for our team instead of NFL players.

And yet, the end result is the same...

So maybe having classy players who are actually progressing and winning might not be a bad thing.

Or you can keep finding things to cry about - whatever.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post

And yet, the end result is the same...

So maybe having classy players who are actually progressing and winning might not be a bad thing.

Or you can keep finding things to cry about - whatever.
Stop whining and distort what I said.

I posted champions and you posted losers who are ringless with an empty championship trophy case at home.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

There is a big difference.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Don't post losers, I only want Champions on my Bengals team!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Of course I have my limits of being bad

Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13014

Quote:
Stop whining and distort what I said.

I posted champions and you posted losers who are ringless with an empty championship trophy case at home.
I was making a point that just because they are 'boy scouts' doesn't make them any less of football players. I just want people to stop acting like Dalton should've come in and been Tom Brady - he is what he is and it is FAR too early in his career to be making any sort of real judgement.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
I was making a point that just because they are 'boy scouts' doesn't make them any less of football players. I just want people to stop acting like Dalton should've come in and been Tom Brady - he is what he is and it is FAR too early in his career to be making any sort of real judgement.

Agreed. I want Andy to become a multi Champion of course with the Bengals.
I don't care who the better QB is. We have Andy now, so lets win with him.
But I have to be honest if someone asks who was better Carson or Big Ben. I am NOT going to make excuses about coaching staff, defenses or who had a better running game. without me saying a word, America knows who the better QB was. Similarly, all of America can judge by themselves at THIS point, who is the QB they would rather have Dalton or Colin.

For the record, I don't care if we have a team full of Tim Tebows[love him] or a team full of Bad Boys[love them]. I want to see multiple parades on the streets of Cincy Land full of Black, Orange and White.

Here for example is what I want to see in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

I want committed football players, not a bunch of paycheck players. The last thing this team needs is some talented clowns who can't keep their off the field life separate from their football life. Bengal fans have seen enough of that garbage.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBengal9 View Post
I want committed football players, not a bunch of paycheck players. The last thing this team needs is some talented clowns who can't keep their off the field life separate from their football life. Bengal fans have seen enough of that garbage.
The players I posted ALL OF THEM were Champions. Bengal fans have NOT seen Champions.

Tell me, which one of the players I posted were not committed?
Are you saying that Colin is a paycheck player??? Really?? How do you know this???

BTW, you will be changing your tune when we start losing players via free agency. The hypocrisy will start when the players you think are committed will venture out for a bigger paycheck elsewhere.

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-14-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2067

Lets be real about Kaepernick... he has been great since he's played, but he's played few games on an already elite team, while Andy's had two seasons on a team that was billed to win 0-2 games the season he joined.

Kaepernick has more to work with and has been able to catch teams cold. Not taking anything away from the guy at all, but this kinda discussion is too early in the day.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
Lets be real about Kaepernick... he has been great since he's played, but he's played few games on an already elite team, while Andy's had two seasons on a team that was billed to win 0-2 games the season he joined.

Kaepernick has more to work with and has been able to catch teams cold. Not taking anything away from the guy at all, but this kinda discussion is too early in the day.
Yep.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Let's be consistent. I don't see many people saying it was too early to make a decision in the thread below by Denny. Yet all of a sudden with Colin vs Dalton the old it's too early to make a decison card is pulled.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread...00#post2197300

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-14-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20546

Quote:

He has a LOT of skill. He's probably just getting started. He'll be a top QB in the league for quite a while. Those statue guys will become dinosaurs in the near future.

singersongwriterrocknroll