Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 567
Default Larry Fitzgerald to Cincinnati!

Re-sign most of our own FAs. Biggest players leaving would be Maualuga, Lawson, Clements, Smith(i dont think he gets the mega deal everyone else seems to think he will. Could be back).

Trade our 2013 1st rounder and 2014 2nd&3rd rounders for Larry Fitzgerald. He has a Huge deal and the Cardinals are starting over at GM and HC. This would give them a chance to bring in some of their players and while they will undoubtedly want to keep him, they will take the picks and rebuild their O-line and draft their QB of the future. Plus they have Floyd and would have cap space to sign a FA as well. We have the most cap space in the NFL and while we have a lot of FAs we could make it work. It will make Dalton a better QB, AJ a better WR and our running game that much more effective.

The draft goes as follows

2a. Giovani Bernard RB
2b. Chase Thomas SLB
3. Bacarri Rambo S
4. Brandon Jenkins DE
5. Marcus Lattimore RB
6. Michael Williams TE
6. Reid Fragel OT

Yes i know it won't happen but given his contract and the state of the cardinals i dont think it is entirely impossible.

Last edited by leonardfan40; 01-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3143
Default Re: Larry Fitzgerald to Cincinnati!

Holy hell, I would want no part of that contract....
I like your RBs tho
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Holy hell, I would want no part of that contract....
I like your RBs tho
Yes it is a huge deal, but while he wont publicly say he wants out of arizona perhaps he would take a couple million off the end of his backloaded deal....and i know how crazy it sounds that someone would take a paycut to come to cincinnati but i think the nfl is starting to realize cincinnati is finally headed in the right direction. He would also be a great addition to our locker room and could bring the leadership this team was missing this season.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10579

Larry will be 30 when the season starts.....

No way would I trade that much for him even without that huge contract.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Larry will be 30 when the season starts.....

No way would I trade that much for him even without that huge contract.
I decided to play it safe and put up a lot of draft picks for him trying to be realistic. Maybe we could get him for less? Keep in mind our 1st rounder is at 21 and hopefully our 2nd and 3rd will be closer to 32 next season. Larry Fitz could get us there....and maybe we could throw kyle cook into this deal and take out a pick. a 2nd, 3rd, and kyle cook. id do that in a hearbeat. age, contract and all!

Last edited by leonardfan40; 01-14-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2504

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardfan40 View Post
I decided to play it safe and put up a lot of draft picks for him trying to be realistic. Maybe we could get him for less? Keep in mind our 1st rounder is at 21 and hopefully our 2nd and 3rd will be closer to 32 next season. Larry Fitz could get us there.
Will never happen. Mike Brown doesn't like to trade draft picks for players. Also, no way we would add that contract and then have to extend AJ in another season. Don't see Arizona getting rid of the only attraction on their team either. If we are going to throw out unrealistic trades then we might as well go for Calvin Johnson opposite of AJ and Adrian Peterson at RB and Tom Brady as our new QB. Championship.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Will never happen. Mike Brown doesn't like to trade draft picks for players. Also, no way we would add that contract and then have to extend AJ in another season. Don't see Arizona getting rid of the only attraction on their team either. If we are going to throw out unrealistic trades then we might as well go for Calvin Johnson opposite of AJ and Adrian Peterson at RB and Tom Brady as our new QB. Championship.
Nelson and mays were both gotten for draft picks (and David Jones) albeit late ones. And teams trade away their "attractions" all of the time when it's in the best interest of the team long term. Bengals traded palmer and ocho, suns traded nash, bluejackets traded nash, magic traded howard, dolphins just traded their star receiver marshall, broncos traded cutler, 49ers traded montana, packers traded favre...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Nelson and mays were both gotten for draft picks (and David Jones) albeit late ones. And teams trade away their "attractions" all of the time when it's in the best interest of the team long term. Bengals traded palmer and ocho, suns traded nash, bluejackets traded nash, magic traded howard, dolphins just traded their star receiver marshall, broncos traded cutler, 49ers traded montana, packers traded favre...
not to mention other wide receivers such as jerry rice, moss, santonio holmes, these same cardinals traded anquan boldin, roy williams was traded at the height of his career
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8939

1st rounder for Fitz..... Lols....

Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Good to dream I guess but you might as well come to grips with how unrealistic it is. We traded for Nelson and Mays. What did we give up? 6th and 7th round picks for them not a 1st rounder and more. They both had reasonable contracts and Fitzgerald does not. I see no basis for you to think the Bengals would make this trade. A lot of the players you mentioned on these other teams either no longer produced, demanded a trade, was going to leave anyways, wanted more money, or were replaced with other players. Fitzgerald doesn't fall under any of those categories. Once again even if the Cardinals would trade him (they won't) we are not the team that would go after him.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10648

It's too early for this non-sense.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3510

Quote:
Re-sign most of our own FAs. Biggest players leaving would be Maualuga, Lawson, Clements, Smith(i dont think he gets the mega deal everyone else seems to think he will. Could be back).

Trade our 2013 1st rounder and 2014 2nd&3rd rounders for Larry Fitzgerald. He has a Huge deal and the Cardinals are starting over at GM and HC. This would give them a chance to bring in some of their players and while they will undoubtedly want to keep him, they will take the picks and rebuild their O-line and draft their QB of the future. Plus they have Floyd and would have cap space to sign a FA as well. We have the most cap space in the NFL and while we have a lot of FAs we could make it work. It will make Dalton a better QB, AJ a better WR and our running game that much more effective.

2a. Giovani Bernard RB
2b. Chase Thomas SLB
3. Bacarri Rambo S
4. Brandon Jenkins DE
5. Marcus Lattimore RB
6. Michael Williams TE
6. Reid Fragel OT

Yes i know it won't happen but given his contract and the state of the cardinals i dont think it is entirely impossible.
Just: No.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1659

Is it unrealistic? Yes
Is it the best thing for our team long term? Probably not, considering length of contract and money. I do believe Fitzgerald will still be productive throughout the contract though.
Is it fun to think about? I think so. Green and Fitzgerald? QB's dream come true.

Last edited by Pezmerga; 01-14-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Good to dream I guess but you might as well come to grips with how unrealistic it is. We traded for Nelson and Mays. What did we give up? 6th and 7th round picks for them not a 1st rounder and more. They both had reasonable contracts and Fitzgerald does not. I see no basis for you to think the Bengals would make this trade. A lot of the players you mentioned on these other teams either no longer produced, demanded a trade, was going to leave anyways, wanted more money, or were replaced with other players. Fitzgerald doesn't fall under any of those categories. Once again even if the Cardinals would trade him (they won't) we are not the team that would go after him.
Never said it would happen....i actually said in the original post that it "wont happen", so i dont know where you got the idea that you had to convince me it wouldn't happen. the idea was not to predict a future move but more to put forth the idea of bringing in a star like fitz (how couldn't you like the idea of a fitz/green combo?)and make a reasonable trade that COULD make it work...
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3301

Fitzgerald's contract is 8 years 120 million.

To just compare... if we draft a WR at Oakland's spot, pick number 37, last year's pick got a 4 year deal at 5.17 million.

Last edited by goalpost; 01-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
Fitzgerald's contract is 8 years 120 million.

To just compare... if we draft a WR at Oakland's spot, pick number 37, last years pick got a 4 year deal at 5.17 million.
So, someone equal to Fitzgerald's talent is going to be drafted in the second round this year? :P
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
So, someone equal to Fitzgerald's talent is going to be drafted in the second round this year? :P
No...... but he will be 115 million less
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Never said it would happen....i actually said in the original post that it "wont happen", so i dont know where you got the idea that you had to convince me it wouldn't happen. the idea was not to predict a future move but more to put forth the idea of bringing in a star like fitz (how couldn't you like the idea of a fitz/green combo?)and make a reasonable trade that COULD make it work...
You said it isn't impossible in your original post. It is impossible that it happens. That is all.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
No...... but he will be 115 million less
I agree, Fitzgerald's contract is scary.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You said it isn't impossible in your original post. It is impossible that it happens. That is all.
We could make that trade and the cardinals could accept it. so it is POSSIBLE. that is all.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezmerga View Post
Is it unrealistic? Yes
Is it the best thing for our team long term? Probably not, considering length of contract and money. I do believe Fitzgerald will still be productive throughout the contract though.
Is it fun to think about? I think so. Green and Fitzgerald? QB's dream come true.
Totally agree. Green paired with Fitz would be a dream come true, but it would not be good for the team in the long run.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23667
bengals Re: Larry Fitzgerald to Cincinnati!

Quote:

2a. Giovani Bernard RB
2b. Chase Thomas SLB
3. Bacarri Rambo S
4. Brandon Jenkins DE
5. Marcus Lattimore RB
6. Michael Williams TE
6. Reid Fragel OT

No thank you.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10488

Too much money, too many draft picks, and would make the Bengals lose key players. IE: Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, and even players for years to come.

I would LOVE Fitzgerald to be on this team. Anyone would. But this isn't Madden.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!