Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10359
Default Re: Trade Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
If he were a factor in our dominate run game it would be different.

When we needed our "Pro Bowl" TE he vanished. Fact Period.

I know we could do worse, this is the team that started Dan Coats, but maybe we could do better or get a player who better fits what this team wants to do.
Really? Came up huge in the Denver game. Only player to catch a TD in the San Diego game. Had a good game against the Eagles when the Bengals could do nothing offensively.

Has the most YAC for any TE, and 14th overall. He had less drops than Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, A.J. Green, Denarius Moore, Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Doug Martin, Brandon Pettigrew, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Brent Celek, Eric Decker, Jermichael Finley, T.J. Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Myers, Cecil Shorts, and Delanie Walker.

Gresham had a bad playoff game. But so did the whole pass rush. And Jay Gruden called a HORRIBLE game.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Really? Came up huge in the Denver game. Only player to catch a TD in the San Diego game. Had a good game against the Eagles when the Bengals could do nothing offensively.

Has the most YAC for any TE, and 14th overall. He had less drops than Jimmy Graham, Victor Cruz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, A.J. Green, Denarius Moore, Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Doug Martin, Brandon Pettigrew, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery, Brent Celek, Eric Decker, Jermichael Finley, T.J. Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Myers, Cecil Shorts, and Delanie Walker.

Gresham had a bad playoff game. But so did the whole pass rush. And Jay Gruden called a HORRIBLE game.
You know how much YAC he had in the playoff game 000000000000000!

I'm glad he gets to go to the All regular season Bowl.

Maybe next year he can play a little better in the playoffs, maybe catch 2 balls for 15 yards.

Yes your right the whole offense stunk for the last 6 games of the season Gresh played a part in that.

At SD he had 35 yards, DEN the only time he has ever went over 100yards in a game, please.
You wanna know how many times the guys drafted after him have went over a 100 yards in a game. Gronk has had ten 100 yard games. Graham 7. Hernadez 4.

Like I said if he could block, it would be different.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltongreen12 View Post
how about keep greshem, sign dustin and let orson develop behind them and if he gets traded to packers he will be a beast with rodgers and plus we play them next season
Rodgers throws harder than dalton he wont catch many there ?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1513

Quote:
The Carson trade seems to be working out. Do the Raiders need a TE!

We also traded Rivers and got Marvin Jones in the draft.

Me want more trades.
I think the Raiders learned their lesson.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10359

Quote:
You know how much YAC he had in the playoff game 000000000000000!

I'm glad he gets to go to the All regular season Bowl.

Maybe next year he can play a little better in the playoffs, maybe catch 2 balls for 15 yards.

Yes your right the whole offense stunk for the last 6 games of the season Gresh played a part in that.

At SD he had 35 yards, DEN the only time he has ever went over 100yards in a game, please.
You wanna know how many times the guys drafted after him have went over a 100 yards in a game. Gronk has had ten 100 yard games. Graham 7. Hernadez 4.

Like I said if he could block, it would be different.
Actually, he did have YAC in the playoffs. So that's an incorrect statement there.

A lot of players played into the offense doing bad.

Funny. Gresham had more 100 yard games than Marvin Jones, Andrew Hawkins, Mohammed Sanu, Armon Binns, Brandon Tate this year combined. Gresham was also the #2 receiver on this team.

Cool. You can look at the past, but let's be honest, none of those players were believed to be worth a 1st round pick. And you realize they work with Brees and Brady, right? Whereas Gresham works with Dalton.

Also. Gresham had less drops than Graham this year. Also had as many drops as Hernandez, and one more than Gronk (who didn't play the full season).

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRuck View Post
Trade Gresham, the big girl to the Packers for their 1st rd pick. I like Orson Charles better. Sign FA TE Dustin Keller and draft Kelce. Would be an upgrade.
Keller *****.

Am I the only person that sees it?

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17011

Quote:
If he were a factor in our dominate run game it would be different.

When we needed our "Pro Bowl" TE he vanished. Fact Period.

I know we could do worse, this is the team that started Dan Coats, but maybe we could do better or get a player who better fits what this team wants to do.
SOmeone's been reading the book of Truck

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Keller *****.

To be fair Keller has great hands and size.
He might be a serious weapon on another team.One that actually has fielded a pro QB over the past 2 seasons (cough,cough).He has talent.
I've been a Gresh doubter of late.It's not his size,motor, or athleticism that I contest but his continual drops of routine catches. Like to see him grow up a little and be a better team leader also like to see him reach his potential.
To me it's gonna come down to how much he commands or expects since he was a first rd pick. If he works within the framework of the team then keep him but if he decides to go diva there are other options and contracts that are more important...imo.
An average of 700 yards and 5 td's can be replaced especailly when one considers that he is the teams #2 option in the passing game.
Still not bad numbers but not exactly elite numbers for the overall 18th pick in a draft at the TE position.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Keller *****.

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The Packers have Jermichael Finley who dropped more passes than Gresh BTW, but they still wouldn't trade for Gresh when they just gave Finley a new deal.

Not even close. He's coming off an injury plagued year plus he turns 29 in September. Gresham is 24, coming off of his best season and his career catch rate is 63.9% vs Keller's which is 58.4%. Keller would be a huge downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
To be fair Keller has great hands and size.
He might be a serious weapon on another team.One that actually has fielded a pro QB over the past 2 seasons (cough,cough).He has talent.
I've been a Gresh doubter of late.It's not his size,motor, or athleticism that I contest but his continual drops of routine catches. Like to see him grow up a little and be a better team leader also like to see him reach his potential.
To me it's gonna come down to how much he commands or expects since he was a first rd pick. If he works within the framework of the team then keep him but if he decides to go diva there are other options and contracts that are more important...imo.
An average of 700 yards and 5 td's can be replaced especailly when one considers that he is the teams #2 option in the passing game.
Still not bad numbers but not exactly elite numbers for the overall 18th pick in a draft at the TE position.
Gresham was 21 overall.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
Actually, he did have YAC in the playoffs. So that's an incorrect statement there.

A lot of players played into the offense doing bad.

Funny. Gresham had more 100 yard games than Marvin Jones, Andrew Hawkins, Mohammed Sanu, Armon Binns, Brandon Tate this year combined. Gresham was also the #2 receiver on this team.

Cool. You can look at the past, but let's be honest, none of those players were believed to be worth a 1st round pick. And you realize they work with Brees and Brady, right? Whereas Gresham works with Dalton.

Also. Gresham had less drops than Graham this year. Also had as many drops as Hernandez, and one more than Gronk (who didn't play the full season).
Ok, he had 3 yards of YAC out of 7.

Did you really compare him to our host of #2's. Exactly he was our #2. So that would mean he would get more chances right?

I normally don't look at the past and say well we could have drafted this guy or that guy. But you were comparing him to those other guys. If we could do it again I'm sure the FO and yourself would draft Gronk, and yes I know he is hurt.
They both have Brady and Brees I do realize this and knew someone would say that. You know what those teams don't have AJ Green and they are not the second read.

You know when had some real bad drops, in the playoffs. When the pressure is on or he makes a mistake Gresh goes into a shell. I heard BJGE say this on the radio, when Gresh drops a pass or fumbles he has a hard time getting it out of his head.

Like I said COULD HE BLOCK IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5709

We'd be able to get a 3rd rounder for him, but that is because when he does catch the ball, he is very tough to bring down. Still, there is no denying that he has given us a few stinkers during his time here. Heck, I almost wish we had taken Dez Bryant instead.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Gresham had a couple of awful games. It happens. He'll get better. They all will...except for Rey.
agreed. Gresham will play well next year.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
No.

Gresham was 21 overall.
Come on man! Really? So instead of looking it up I tried to go from my memory and missed it by 3 spots. Big Deal! A first rd pick spent on a TE needs to be the Truth.
Once again to reiterate; he has all of the talent and half of the concentration needed.
I loved the pick at the time but now I have my doubts. It's contract time which usually motivates professional sports figures so we will see.
As of right now he gets caught holding to often and has to many easy drops...plain and simple.
Congrats to him for being a PB alternate.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Gresham had a couple of awful games. It happens. He'll get better. They all will...except for Rey.
Why can Gresham get better but not Rey?
Just curious as to the logic...
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38879

Quote:
The Carson trade seems to be working out. Do the Raiders need a TE!
Nope, their TE had a better season that Gresh.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19004

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Why can Gresham get better but not Rey?
Just curious as to the logic...
I would say that it's because Gresh has shown the ability to be very good but Rey has never even flashed brilliance. Did he make an impactful play all year?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I would say that it's because Gresh has shown the ability to be very good but Rey has never even flashed brilliance. Did he make an impactful play all year?
Has Gresham even shown any real progress the last few years?
IMO he has gotten worse. More penalties. More timely drops.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Not sure why anyone would give up a 3rd for Gresham..... His drops come at crucial times, he can't block, so what exactly is he good at? He might be good at getting YAC, but that's only when he does catch the ball.

He's worth more to us than we'd ever get for him (which isn't much)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Has Gresham even shown any real progress the last few years?
IMO he has gotten worse. More penalties. More timely drops.
Not overall progress. But he has made some plays and shown the ability is there even if it's not always on display. Rey, not so much. Rey has topped out.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Not overall progress. But he has made some plays and shown the ability is there even if it's not always on display. Rey, not so much. Rey has topped out.
But what about Gresham says he WILL get better?
I mean, I know he makes the occasional grab, but he hasn't shown any sign of consistency or improvement in 3 years. Rey did last season but fell apart.

Why is Gresh getting the free pass?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
But what about Gresham says he WILL get better?
I mean, I know he makes the occasional grab, but he hasn't shown any sign of consistency or improvement in 3 years. Rey did last season but fell apart.

Why is Gresh getting the free pass?
TBH, I don't see him getting much of a free pass. I've been seeing him get raked over a lot of coals. With him, it's not ability, it's concentration and maybe heart.

With Rey, the physical skills just aren't there. Fans are rarely unanimous, except when it comes to Rey.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7695

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
Come on man! Really? So instead of looking it up I tried to go from my memory and missed it by 3 spots. Big Deal! A first rd pick spent on a TE needs to be the Truth.
Once again to reiterate; he has all of the talent and half of the concentration needed.
I loved the pick at the time but now I have my doubts. It's contract time which usually motivates professional sports figures so we will see.
As of right now he gets caught holding to often and has to many easy drops...plain and simple.
Congrats to him for being a PB alternate.
I agree he has mental lapses, I was just saying he was 21 overall.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi