Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2646
Default Re: ESPN Needs To Shut Up About Our Bengals !

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
Seems like the main summary of the game is that Cincinnati's offense was woeful, and that Arian Foster was the bright spot of an ugly game. The coverage is accurate and factual to me.
Me too, infact, howit pains me to say it, the announce team i thought was pretty easy on the Bengals-the lack of targeting AJ Green -we should have been on the cross with rusty nails! The ignoring of the explosive Andrew Hawkins also was a huge mistake. Twice Hawkins was open in the second half, and Dalton forced the ball somewhere else. Truly WTF here....

But there are a few on the "Mother Ship" that need a heaping helping of STFU!

Ian
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312

The INT for the TD, the announcer was shouting, NO,NO,NO! Lol wtf
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
I hate anything ethnic.

It must be a really tough life you live, hating nearly everything.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10612

Well you should be happy now. Because I doubt the word Bengals will be muttered again for another 4 months.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
It must be a really tough life you live, hating nearly everything.
You sir, are a complete and total ******. No offense...
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

Quote:
I believe he's referring to the slang terms used by ESPN which are commonly used by blacks. Can't say it's not poor English.

I wouldn't be that quick to pull out the race card on that. That's become such a knee jerk reaction in society today.
Bump. I knew exactly what he meant. If poor English was his concern he should've addressed it as such. "Ethnic garbage" is taking race into when it has no relevance to the content.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You sir, are a complete and total ******. No offense...
I was just kidding man. None taken.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
Bump. I knew exactly what he meant. If poor English was his concern he should've addressed it as such. "Ethnic garbage" is taking race into when it has no relevance to the content.
I agree. "Ethnic garbage" is reffering to the fact that Cris Carter is a black man. As if white people don't use slang. Also, ethinicity is something that all people have, not just black people. Read something, OP.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palumbo83 View Post
I agree. "Ethnic garbage" is reffering to the fact that Cris Carter is a black man. As if white people don't use slang. Also, ethinicity is something that all people have, not just black people. Read something, OP.
Totally agree man.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1502

Quote:
Totally agree man.
What's odd is I call a guy in the game day thread a derogatory word for homosexual and mods flag me, give me disciplinary warning. This guy starts a thread that reads as racist no warning.... Can offend homosexuals but not colored folk. On top of that BR(Bengal Rugby) nothing against him runs around saying this black Jesus mess which appears to me as offensive from a religious and race perspective. Maybe I'm being to hard on the mods or no one reports this stuff? Or is this the case using the forums to vent excuse.....
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
What's odd is I call a guy in the game day thread a derogatory word for homosexual and mods flag me, give me disciplinary warning. This guy starts a thread that reads as racist no warning.... Can offend homosexuals but not ******** folk. On top of that BR(Bengal Rugby) nothing against him runs around saying this black Jesus mess which appears to me as offensive from a religious and race perspective. Maybe I'm being to hard on the mods or no one reports this stuff? Or is this the case using the forums to vent excuse.....

Fail. Way to say something about racism then use a slur (histortical context wise)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5619

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
No We Shouldn't......We got no credit.....NO Credit after that Steelers win......ESPN was all about the Steelers losing all week long, no mention of us winning.....and any good win we have never gets covered on ESPN who is always more busy covering New York area teams......So No, we shouldn't be getting killed on ESPN because thats B.S.......If ESPN isn't going to cover us when we win, get off our rear ends when we lose !!!!....If ESPN isn't going to cover us when we win, then get off our rear ends when we lose !!!!!!!!!
I like flying under the radar, it suprises the bullys when they get punched in the mouth. Let us win "A" playoff game and then we will be talking about credit.....ESPN hammers and praises the Steelers because they are used to seeing them in the playoffs......after playoff WINS and into the Superbowl.....with WINS in the Superbowl!!! The Steelers tend to step up to the plate and swing away while we tend to get caught looking. I watched the SF/GB game on Saturday night and Colin Kaepernick REALLY impressed me with that win..... this rookie shredded the defense and showed me what we are missing out on. I hate SF but they picked up a stud with that guy.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
He laid an egg and Dalton should be recognized for his pi** poor performance. Dalton is not the guy and i have see enough of him holding onto the football and not knowing how to move in the pocket. It's either you have it as a football player or you don't have it. & Dalton doesn't really have it.

Trade a 2nd round for Mallet & give them Gresham.
You do realize our Oline allowed the 6th most sacks in the NFL, right? Mallet is a complete statue, not that this is the only indication (all you need to do is watch his games at Arkansas) but the man ran a 5.35 40 lol. I personally think we are a kick-a-kyle-cook to the curb from being a much better pass protecting oline, but still I'd rather ride with Dalton until a much better option is available, not a strong armed statue. Thats setting Mallet up for failure.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post

Fail. Way to say something about racism then use a slur (histortical context wise)
You must of missed the word offend.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
You must of missed the word offend.
I think they meant the term 'colored folk'. But anyways, it is too bad that this point is the case. As for any identity, be it sexuality, orientation, ethnicity, age, what have you, to me it comes down to the golden rule. Some call it being too far PC (and to a degree the argument stands with me), but I tend to lean on calling it good manners. While the signature does not offend me, if it offends you, you should talk to them about it, hopefully you two can come to an agreement.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33359

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
How dare they come on with this ethnic garbage " Where You At Andy Dalton ? "

"
Please Explain the Ethnic garbage you speak of but dont include in your post.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I think they meant the term 'colored folk'. But anyways, it is too bad that this point is the case. As for any identity, be it sexuality, orientation, ethnicity, age, what have you, to me it comes down to the golden rule. Some call it being too far PC (and to a degree the argument stands with me), but I tend to lean on calling it good manners. While the signature does not offend me, if it offends you, you should talk to them about it, hopefully you two can come to an agreement.
I still find it odd the mods pick and choose what's offensive. I apologized to the haterous fan from TN for calling him a fa**ot and I still got a warning. But there are guys who suggest racial things and say racial things and nothing.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9630

Back to the original topic:

Any publicity is good publicity.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 838

I remember I used to get ****** about this.......... which is another reason I switched to the NFL Network for FB coverage. NFL Net can be bad and do the same type of things but not as bad as ESPN. At least the NFL Net acknowledges the Bengals exisit before the playoffs.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: ESPN Needs To Shut Up About Our Bengals !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino5130 View Post
I remember I used to get ****** about this.......... which is another reason I switched to the NFL Network for FB coverage. NFL Net can be bad and do the same type of things but not as bad as ESPN. At least the NFL Net acknowledges the Bengals exisit before the playoffs.
Since every program says basically the same thing, (if it walks like a duck) maybe there is some truth to it, such as some of the players you guys pass off as gods, they think they are duds, maybe some on this board needs to open their eyes, and look at the progress we haven't made.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

Any publicity is good publicity.
Tell that to Penn State.