Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4098
Default DWright's Mock me #2 End of Season

First things first .

Ok

Resign their own guys.
No big splashes in Free Agency. Will see alot of UDFA's like the last few years.

On to the Draft:

1. Sam Montgomery, DE LSU - Walter Football and I agree on the first round pick this year. We don't agree on many picks that often.

2a. Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers - Reminds me of Lawrence Timmons. He can be described in one word. Everywhere.

2b. Duke Williams, S Nevada - Reed looks to be done in Baltimore. Troy hasn't made it through the last couple of seasons without injury. Williams will be the new Duke of the North.

3. Connor Vernon, WR Duke - Can't go wrong with consistent production.

4. Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA - Need a 3rd TE and this guy should be tall enough for Andy to hit over the middle.

5. Cierre Wood, RB Notre Dame - BJGE needs some help getting to the outside. RBBC BJGE, Peerman, Wood, and Leonard. (Herron to the PS again.)

6. John Wetzel, Boston College - Tall, big, and long armed offensive tackle.

6. Johnny Adams, CB Michigan State or Josh Johnson, CB Purdue - Never hurts to hoard defensive backs.

Last edited by Synric; 01-13-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 344
Default Re: DWright's Mock me #2 End of Season

[quote=DWright;2776948]First things first .

Ok

Resign their own guys.
No big splashes in Free Agency. Will see alot of UDFA's like the last few years.

On to the Draft:

1. Sam Montgomery, DE LSU - Walter Football and I agree on the first round pick this year. We don't agree on many picks that often.

2a. Khaseem Greene, OLB Rutgers - Reminds me of Lawrence Timmons. He can be described in one word. Everywhere.

2b. Duke Williams, S Nevada - Reed looks to be done in Baltimore. Troy hasn't made it through the last couple of seasons without injury. Williams will be the new Duke of the North.

4. Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA - Need a 3rd TE and this guy should be tall enough for Andy to hit over the middle.

5. Cierre Wood, RB Notre Dame - BJGE needs some help getting to the outside. RBBC BJGE, Peerman, Wood, and Leonard. (Herron to the PS again.)

6. Johnny Adams, CB Michigan State or Josh Johnson, CB Purdue - Never hurts to hoard defensive backs.[/QUOTE

dude no go back to the drawing board...ill let every one else explain why.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright View Post
First things first .

Ok

Resign their own guys.

On to the Draft:

6. Johnny Adams, CB Michigan State or Josh Johnson, CB Purdue - Never hurts to hoard defensive backs.

yeah way too many misses here, better players at the same position in the same rounds
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
yeah way too many misses here, better players at the same position in the same rounds
Which picks?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Which picks?
2b, 3,4 and even in 6 I'd rather have Nigel Malone at CB even tho he's a little smaller he's produced( 12 INT's in 2 years).
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Zac Stacy in 6 can replace Theo. If you haven't saw any tape on Zac Stacy you really should.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
2b, 3,4 and even in 6 I'd rather have Nigel Malone at CB even tho he's a little smaller he's produced( 12 INT's in 2 years).
Duke Williams will surprise alot of people at the combine with his speed. He is a good cover guy that plays aggressive against the run. He likes to stick people reminds me alot like Adam Jones. He will raise on boards during the draft process (kinda like Harrison Smith last year).

Connor Vernon speaks for himself. ACC's all-time pass reception and yardage leader. I like watching him block too, Duke plays alot of spread so he blocks on the outside vs corners, safeties, and a linebacker or two.
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/conner-vernon

Joseph Fauria is one of those special project guys that splashes a big play here and there. Third TE that maybe would scare Gresham into playing better.

Last edited by Synric; 01-13-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Fauria even if u wanted him is rated as a 7th rounder so taking him in the 4th is way too high.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41539

I like Greene and Cierre and that's pretty much it.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3955

Fauria is a Chase Coffman clone without the production. Little faster.

Let NE draft him.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2549

[quote=RIPChrisHenry;2776985]
Quote:
First things first .

Ok

Resign their own guys.

On to the Draft:

6. Johnny Adams, CB Michigan State or Josh Johnson, CB Purdue - Never hurts to hoard defensive backs.[/QUOTE

dude no go back to the drawing board...ill let every one else explain why.
Montgomery is an okay pick but if we keep Johnson we may be able to wait a little bit later for DE depth. Greene is one of my favorite prospects and I am hoping we get him with 2B but it wouldn't surprise me if his stock keeps rising. Duke Williams seems like a 4th or 5th round prospect so taking him in the 2nd seems like a reach. Conner Vernon is an okay WR but by no means worth a 3rd round pick. I don't think we need any WR that early personally so I would pass on that. As someone else mentioned Fauria is a huge reach in the 4th round. My biggest complaint though is not adding a RB until the 5th round. I think we have to get Bernard, Randle, or Ellington somewhere in the first 3 rounds. A play-making RB is a key missing piece for our offense going forward.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Fauria is a Chase Coffman clone without the production. Little faster.

Let NE draft him.

I swear people just google this crap before posting...Chase Coffman was a slot receiver in college that they called a TE.

Fauria actually plays TE and blocks he's huge, has very long arms, and flashes the big catch ability over the middle. With his measureables if he runs a 4.6 or 4.7 at the combine he will be a 4th or 5th round pick.

PS. If I were to compare him to a TE in the NFL he looks alot more like Gresham than Chase Coffman.

[quote=JungleRock85;2777207]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post

Montgomery is an okay pick but if we keep Johnson we may be able to wait a little bit later for DE depth. Greene is one of my favorite prospects and I am hoping we get him with 2B but it wouldn't surprise me if his stock keeps rising. Duke Williams seems like a 4th or 5th round prospect so taking him in the 2nd seems like a reach. Conner Vernon is an okay WR but by no means worth a 3rd round pick. I don't think we need any WR that early personally so I would pass on that. As someone else mentioned Fauria is a huge reach in the 4th round. My biggest complaint though is not adding a RB until the 5th round. I think we have to get Bernard, Randle, or Ellington somewhere in the first 3 rounds. A play-making RB is a key missing piece for our offense going forward.
I do not use CBS draft rankings because they are always off and never updated.

One of the reasons I like Montgomery is that he always keeps his eyes in the backfield. I could see him being that OLB/DE tweener guy like Michael Johnson was his first season and Moch has been over the last two.

Duke Williams will move up into the second round during the combine when he runs a 4.40. Not only did he play safety he played some CB when Nevada had injuries. He is one of the best defensive backs in the draft, but isnt getting the hype because he was the defense at Nevada. Late Second round, he will move up like Harrison Smith did last year.

Connon Vernon isn't a flashy player. He's a tough player that runs GREAT routes (all routes downfield too) and does a great job blocking for the run and screen games. He will quietly be a 3rd receiver on a team and pull in 50 to 70 passes for 800 to 1000 yards every season for the rest of his career. If I had to compare him to an NFL player I would say Hines Ward because of how he likes to throw his shoulders into linebackers while blocking. Its funny that people say 3rd round is a big reach for the guy come on people ACC All-Time Reception and Yardage Leader.

Wood really messed up when he was suspended this season, he lost a ton of playing time. If he had been starting over Riddick we would be talking about him in round 3.

Last edited by Synric; 01-14-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post

I do not use CBS draft rankings because they are always off and never updated.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/2013/all
2013 Top NFL Draft Prospects (updated 1/11/2013)

If you look, CBS does update their draft prospects often.

Though updated somewhat frequently, many disagree with their accessments.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

Joseph Fuaria is a HORRIBLE blocker. Have you watched him play
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/2013/all
2013 Top NFL Draft Prospects (updated 1/11/2013)

If you look, CBS does update their draft prospects often.

Though updated somewhat frequently, many disagree with their accessments.
& they have too many position players going in the same round
Very unreliable site if you trace there picks in the past
Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
Joseph Fuaria is a HORRIBLE blocker. Have you watched him play
very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1616

No running back until the later rounds would be a mistake.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: DWright's Mock me #2 End of Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I like Greene and Cierre and that's pretty much it.
greens size worries me and unless we draft a notre dame player, i hate them all. **** notre dame!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Which picks?
all of em go back to the drawing board