Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 22
bengals Re: Trade up!

I honestly don't see any reason to trade. I also don't believe alec or teo will be left at our first pick. If you look, the majority of teams in the league gave up a high number of points. IMO, after the combine you are gonna see a much higher projection for most of these "questionable" defensive players. Most of them are athletic beasts!

That said I also don't see any point in trying to draft a receiver high, because we are gonna get one in free agency. No doubt in my mind.

So, keep your picks and i see it

1. Eric reid F.S./ okafor D.E.
2. Lacy R.B./ Alonso ILB( he will rise a little after combine)
2. Travis Long OLB (another combine riser)/ Bacarri Rambo FS
3. Dion Sims TE (Blocker with hands)/ Lattimore RB(merely a confidence pick and possibly a seat seller if he can stay healthy)
4. From here on out i have no clue hahahahaha
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233
Default Re: Trade up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan51 View Post
I honestly don't see any reason to trade. I also don't believe alec or teo will be left at our first pick. If you look, the majority of teams in the league gave up a high number of points. IMO, after the combine you are gonna see a much higher projection for most of these "questionable" defensive players. Most of them are athletic beasts!

That said I also don't see any point in trying to draft a receiver high, because we are gonna get one in free agency. No doubt in my mind.

So, keep your picks and i see it

1. Eric reid F.S./ okafor D.E.
2. Lacy R.B./ Alonso ILB( he will rise a little after combine)
2. Travis Long OLB (another combine riser)/ Bacarri Rambo FS
3. Dion Sims TE (Blocker with hands)/ Lattimore RB(merely a confidence pick and possibly a seat seller if he can stay healthy)
4. From here on out i have no clue hahahahaha
Is it the Laveranues Coles, Antonio Bryant, or TO signing that makes you think this team will be so keen on handing out a big contract to a veteran free agent WR?

I think those three made our front office sour on the idea of giving big money to veteran WRs.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
Is it the Laveranues Coles, Antonio Bryant, or TO signing that makes you think this team will be so keen on handing out a big contract to a veteran free agent WR?

I think those three made our front office sour on the idea of giving big money to veteran WRs.
I would hope not. Just because you swing and miss doesn't mean you should never swing again. I think the FO owes it to the team to do whatever it takes to take the next step.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 148

I really hope we don't trade up. With the way the Bengals have been successfully drafting these past couple of years every draft pick has the chance to make a difference on this team.

There is a lot of talent to be found in the second round and I don't want the Bengals to give up one of those picks.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalRage View Post
I really hope we don't trade up. With the way the Bengals have been successfully drafting these past couple of years every draft pick has the chance to make a difference on this team.

There is a lot of talent to be found in the second round and I don't want the Bengals to give up one of those picks.
Last year though, everyone wanted to keep their picks and draft, but they traded up and had a remarkable draft. They were creative, and it really paid off.

I wouldn't discount them doing it again, and I can't really say yes or no either way until I see the results.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I would hope not. Just because you swing and miss doesn't mean you should never swing again. I think the FO owes it to the team to do whatever it takes to take the next step.
Any of the big names (Bowe, Jennings, Wallace) are going to cost a bunch of money. I think it gets hard to build a well rounded team when you have 20mil a year committed to just two WRs which is about what it would be once AJ is due a raise.

I'd rather go with our own guys Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Whalen and possibly a draft pick than restrict our young guys and slow their development by signing some middle of the road vet free agent WR and plugging him in ahead of our own.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenten2 View Post
Last year though, everyone wanted to keep their picks and draft, but they traded up and had a remarkable draft. They were creative, and it really paid off.

I wouldn't discount them doing it again, and I can't really say yes or no either way until I see the results.
We traded back last year. Extra pick was from trading Carson.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
We traded back last year. Extra pick was from trading Carson.
Yeah. My mistake. I understood the scenario wrong.