Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 18
Default Re: Ticket prices lowered again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny44 View Post
Good to see.
Yeah. I think it shows that they really want to see a full stadium, and are willing to change at least a little bit to get a desirable result.

I think it should help in the getting more fans in the seats.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784

Kinda makes you wonder how overpriced they were to begin with.

singersongwriterrocknroll
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Kinda makes you wonder how overpriced they were to begin with.
True. But at least they are getting more and more realistic.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Ticket prices lowered again.

Is there any way to get around paying the coa?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Is there any way to get around paying the coa?
Buy season tickets off of a current ticket holder willing to only sell the tickets but not the rights to the seats... or just buy single game tickets
Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Banned

Rep Points: -4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
They lowered ticket prices in some sections (upper level nose bleed seats) and raised them in others.

This is good news. It means all the trailer park trash who complain about tickets being too expensive will be quarantined up in the upper deck and far away from me.
So anyone who buys ticket in the upper deck is trailer trash or hillbillys to you huh , yeah you stay in your high priced seats boy , have some grey poupon on your hot dog and wash it down with perrier while your at it
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032

I'm as critical of the Bengals front office as anyone.
I can't believe Im saying this.

This is positive sign and fine move by the front office..........
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
Since you aren't understanding the point of this, it's to get butts in seats that weren't already in them. People who can afford season tickets and are interested in the team ARE ALREADY GOING TO THE GAMES.

My point is that a better way to generate interest is to sign some free agents (which I think we will do) or even move some coaches around. Are you really naive enough to think that Mikey cares about how much you spend or save? No decent businessman would! Season ticket holders in Cincinnati have proven their loyalty beyond belief. He wants new customers, and is reaching out to the people who were not going to the games. I personally think that people (including me) were making the decision to stay home based on factors other than price. Factors which have been improving in recent years.

Don't act like you earned this "discount" based on something you did. If anything, it's the people who didn't buy tickets that did the negotiating for you. You're welcome.

By the way, anyone who is even a little bit good with money (my four year old niece) knows that you can put money away all through the year to save for things you plan to buy in the future. Ergo, you can pay for large, lump purchases little by little, week to week. You don't send that "$5 a week" to the Bengals, you send it to an investment or savings account. Go into a bank and ask about them. They're pretty neat!

I am not complaining. I remain hopeful that this is further signal of change in the front office. It's just an interesting move, especially with the salary floor kicking in. Coming off back-to-back playoff years and more (mandatory) upcoming expenditures than we've seen in the history of the franchise, I just think that the timing is odd.

What I've said all along (which may have been wrongly interpreted as "bytch"-ing) is that my personal decision to not buy tickets is not based on price. At all. Were I already choosing to buy tickets, I'd be happy to pay less.

I am not buying tickets until we are playing in the Super Bowl. Even if Wild Card Weekend tickets were $1. Flights and hotel rooms for Super Bowl Sunday are expensive.
I do get it. It's you who are missing the point. My decision is also not based on price as evidenced by the fact that I have owned season tix for over 25 yrs. I have kept buying them when the price went up and will continue to buy them now that that the price is going down. I have NEVER allowed myself to think that Mike Brown cares about helping me out. I am very much aware of what he thinks about the fans. I only care about ONE thing and ONE thing only.....how much money am I sticking back into my pocket because of the lower prices? That's it. No naivete or kidding myself. $300.00 in my pocket is ALWAYS better than giving it to Brown.

I would love to be in line when you walk into your bank and open a savings account with $5.00 and tell them you will put $5.00 a week in for the next 20 weeks. LOL.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
Back when i still lived in ohio.. I thought you had the option of paying 25% of the cost by a certain date... then the rest of the cost later in the year?.. the way I spaced out my season tickets, I treated it as a monthly bill for the whole year that way the cost was minimal
You're right to a point. They send you a bill for a deposit around February and then you have to pay the balance by the first of July. They did start letting fans have their credit cards charged automatically over 3 payments, I think. My point was you can't send them payments over 20 weeks as the guy was suggesting. It's a matter of perspective, but either way, a discount is a discount.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldog View Post
It always amazes me how empty club is. People have the damn tickets too, or businesses at least.
Its because the people in Club watch the games inside at the bar and grill lol.

Perks to the club seats.

I sit in the corner club section(poor mans club)
And it is always full.

once you hit the 15yd line its Nick Lachey land though.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Morgan View Post
So anyone who buys ticket in the upper deck is trailer trash or hillbillys to you huh , yeah you stay in your high priced seats boy , have some grey poupon on your hot dog and wash it down with perrier while your at it
Troll account <3
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleJuice View Post

Perks to the club seats.

And it is always full.

That's silly though. I've sat in club a bunch of times and never would think about watching it from the bar and grill unless it was pouring down rain or something
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285

Quote:

Perks to the club seats.

And it is always full.

Club seats are boring.. I went to 2 games with my father in law this year while i was back home on leave and its a bunch of richies that dont get into the game at all.. I think it would be more exciting at church.. and yes while some people do watch inside the club... half those seats would still be empty... because they arent sold... not that many people stay on the inside.
and by the way... Nick Lachey is a huge bengals fan... He is a rowdy bengals fan at that.. I remember reading about him getting kicked out of the San diego game this year for choking a san diego fan down in california.. So if the middle club sections were Nick Lachey land then in fact it would be quite awesome sitting there :)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Banned

Rep Points: -4

Quote:
Troll account <3
no your the troll
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Morgan View Post
Actually it's quite the opposite.

For years the upper deck paid just as much as the lower deck. While the Bengals advertised as one of lowest ticket prices in the league.

Little did they tell you slumming it up in the upper deck, costs just as much as sitting below.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
Actually it's quite the opposite.

For years the upper deck paid just as much as the lower deck. While the Bengals advertised as one of lowest ticket prices in the league.

Little did they tell you slumming it up in the upper deck, costs just as much as sitting below.
Yep except you couldnt get lower bowl seats in the past because the season ticket holders...

This package increases the cost of the Premium Seats while reducing the nose bleeds..

Not that ive ever managed to find a seat there that didnt have a Great View.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Yep except you couldnt get lower bowl seats in the past because the season ticket holders...

This package increases the cost of the Premium Seats while reducing the nose bleeds..

Not that ive ever managed to find a seat there that didnt have a Great View.
I think PBS doesn't have a bad seat in the house.

I always found it dumb we sold lower bowl tix for 68 but uppers were like 64.

I don't see how anyone across the league could raise ticket prices winning or not.

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey21 View Post
I think it's interesting you-know-who thinks that ticket prices are the problem. I mean, who can suddenly afford $45 tickets when they couldn't afford $55 dollar tickets?!

Prima facie, it seems like a nice gesture, but it tells me he's missing the point. Let's see what happens with free agency and the coaching staff before I condemn him too much, though. We have a few more obstacles to overcome before I start investing in this team again, regardless of price.
In 2011 the cheapest seat you could get was 63 bucks. This years its 55, next year its 45. I think that is reasonable for an NFL game. I make it to at least 2 games every year, I put aside some dough and I go, because I love this team. 45 dollars is a lot of money, but if you wait a few minutes into the 4th scalpers usually drop their prices to around 25 to 30 bucks a ticket. Buy smart, hit up stubhub or hoof it around downtown and do a little scalper shopping. If your in sales (like me) then you know the quickest way to get your price point is to take competitors and make them bid against one another.

My suggestion for the cash strapped and frugal bengals fan is to hit the major scalper sites. Near headfirst is a good option, but next to the scripps tower is the mecca for scalpers. Anywhere between there and fountain square you will find lots of scalpers that get more and more desperate to rid themselves of tickets as the clock starts to roll in the first.

Back to my main point, 45 bucks is not overpriced for an NFL game. If your on a tight budget, save your money for reds season and get the best bang for your buck. NFL games are at premium prices because there is only 8 games a year. People on here can attest that I am very critical of Mike Brown, but I think this is an acceptable olive branch to the fans. At least he is trying to accomodate budget constraints.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub2005 View Post
In 2011 the cheapest seat you could get was 63 bucks. This years its 55, next year its 45. I think that is reasonable for an NFL game. I make it to at least 2 games every year, I put aside some dough and I go, because I love this team. 45 dollars is a lot of money, but if you wait a few minutes into the 4th scalpers usually drop their prices to around 25 to 30 bucks a ticket. Buy smart, hit up stubhub or hoof it around downtown and do a little scalper shopping. If your in sales (like me) then you know the quickest way to get your price point is to take competitors and make them bid against one another.

My suggestion for the cash strapped and frugal bengals fan is to hit the major scalper sites. Near headfirst is a good option, but next to the scripps tower is the mecca for scalpers. Anywhere between there and fountain square you will find lots of scalpers that get more and more desperate to rid themselves of tickets as the clock starts to roll in the first.

Back to my main point, 45 bucks is not overpriced for an NFL game. If your on a tight budget, save your money for reds season and get the best bang for your buck. NFL games are at premium prices because there is only 8 games a year. People on here can attest that I am very critical of Mike Brown, but I think this is an acceptable olive branch to the fans. At least he is trying to accomodate budget constraints.
Edit feature is not working, I meant wait until a few minutes into the first. Gotta love technology

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1427
Default Season Ticket Prices Go Up Again

Just paid my 20% down on this seasons tickets and noticed a $5 per ticket price hike. Ouch!!!!! Leave it to ole Mikey Brown to discount the upper corner seats in the nose bleeds but then turn around and stroke everyone else.
As if I wasnt already spending too much money on tickets, food, and drinks at the stadium. Now I am getting hit in the mouth with an extra $50 a season ($85 preseason games are u kidding me). Geesh.....

Just venting I guess.... but man this blows
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: Season Ticket Prices Go Up Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson View Post
Just paid my 20% down on this seasons tickets and noticed a $5 per ticket price hike. Ouch!!!!! Leave it to ole Mikey Brown to discount the upper corner seats in the nose bleeds but then turn around and stroke everyone else.
As if I wasnt already spending too much money on tickets, food, and drinks at the stadium. Now I am getting hit in the mouth with an extra $50 a season ($85 preseason games are u kidding me). Geesh.....

Just venting I guess.... but man this blows
Premium seats went UP... Many seats went down in price.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
Premium seats went UP... Many seats went down in price.
Thus the name premium seats...

Place where I sit is normally full. I bet $50 a seat isn't going to deter most of those folks.

Describing my feelings on being a Bengal's fan.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2824

The $80 seats are the only ones that saw an increase. All other sections either stayed the same or went down.

Mine in 308 stayed the same.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since82 View Post
Thus the name premium seats...

Place where I sit is normally full. I bet $50 a seat isn't going to deter most of those folks.
And they should cost more..... no wonder they were always sold out.... they almost cost the same as the nose bleeds in the past.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12708

Mine went up $5 as well. Expect them to raise prices though like everything else in the world. They have almost every single year that I have had them. With the exception being last season.

Started at $225 and now at $850. But still worth it for field level seats imo.

But do think the preseason tickets should be cut in cost drastically or become optional.