Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5267
Default Re: Disappointed in Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
People have been cheating since the dawn of time. Cocaine, PEDS, Steroids, always something. Everyone denies it because sports are meant to be a physical and mental endurance. I don't have a problem with Lance Armstrong, and personally, I think a bunch of French people are ****** off that they lost a handful of times to an American in the only sport they're good at. We build up our heroes so ultimately we can tear them down. It is incredibly annoying.
"Hero" is very debatable in this instance.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
People have been cheating since the dawn of time. Cocaine, PEDS, Steroids, always something. Everyone denies it because sports are meant to be a physical and mental endurance. I don't have a problem with Lance Armstrong, and personally, I think a bunch of French people are ****** off that they lost a handful of times to an American in the only sport they're good at. We build up our heroes so ultimately we can tear them down. It is incredibly annoying.

I can't imagine the look on Arturos face when he reads that LOL. So just incase he missed it...
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Spicyweiner View Post
"Hero" is very debatable in this instance.
Years ago when he was winning, defeated cancer and built up his Livestrong foundation it was not. Again, you are saying from this point in time, with a different perspective. This, more or less proves my point. Lance Armstrong years ago was an American Sports Hero. Simple as that.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 700

Quote:
Who cares about France, they probably gave up on cycling when they saw the first german coming
Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalbobZilla View Post
Who cares about France, they probably gave up on cycling when they saw the first german coming
Old 01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28338

Quote:
Years ago when he was winning, defeated cancer and built up his Livestrong foundation it was not. Again, you are saying from this point in time, with a different perspective. This, more or less proves my point. Lance Armstrong years ago was an American Sports Hero. Simple as that.

So let me get this straight. You believe that if you find a way to cheat and not get caught until years later when science has developed tests to find out that you were cheating...well we should just pat him on the back and call it the day.

Hey before DNA testing murderers were getting away with it and sometimes innocent people were paying the price...then science caught up with the murderer and exonerated the innocent...but hey we should just leave the innocent in jail and not worry about the murderer.

Lance did a lot more than just cheat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5267

Quote:
Yes he WAS!
But who destroyed that?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes he WAS!
But who destroyed that?
its C-Y-C-L-I-N-G
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
So let me get this straight. You believe that if you find a way to cheat and not get caught until years later when science has developed tests to find out that you were cheating...well we should just pat him on the back and call it the day.

Hey before DNA testing murderers were getting away with it and sometimes innocent people were paying the price...then science caught up with the murderer and exonerated the innocent...but hey we should just leave the innocent in jail and not worry about the murderer.

Lance did a lot more than just cheat...

You're missing the point of what I was saying. I was not really defending Armstrong (which, re-read, it does kinda look that way) but simply defending my point about how we (mostly media) build up people to be more than life, incapable of making mistakes or being 'bad' and then tearing them down. Mainly because it sells. They did it with LeBron, WHAT A PHENOM! And then the decision, and then "Wow, he took forever on that decision." Surprised they have not tried to plant coke on Manning and made a day of that. (joking)

Quote:
Yes he WAS!
But who destroyed that?
I'm not denying he did. Lance Armstrong did wrong. Again, re-read my original post. Sports are meant to be physical and mental challenges of endurance with athletes in peak human condition. Drugs of any kind alter human peak condition so they can perform. It's crap. Always has been.

Quote:
its C-Y-C-L-I-N-G
Hahahahahaa.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31835

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
He's a damned liar. He would have been much better off if he had just fessed up years ago. People would have been disappointed then. Now, he'll be pretty hated after the way he's deceived everyone.
I dont hate the guy.. He battle cancer and still won all those medals...

Now you can look at it 1 of few ways..

A. Its not Armstrongs fault their test didnt catch anything so why take his medals.
B. Hes a Cheater and all his medals should be Striped. But hes also a Genius and probly needs a prize for his ability to mask his use.
C. Hes supplying the NFL with untracable Steroids.

D. Dont Care.

Me personally Thought it was kind of weird he won constantly. But even if they strip his titles he was still one of the best bicyclist ever. And he can easily make a living in chemistry.

Im not disappointed at all.. What i am disappointed in is why so many people are upset with him. The only people that have ANY right to be mad are those that competed against him in the event. The rest of you are just crying for no reason.

and he donated a TON of his money to cancer Research so get over yourselves get on a bike or be quiet,... Thats my peace

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
The worst part about Lance is all the people's lives he destroyed keeping his secret.
if anyones life was ruined buy a guy on roids riding a bike they need to take a long look in the mirror cause they had nothing going for them anyways.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
if anyones life was ruined buy a guy on roids riding a bike they need to take a long look in the mirror cause they had nothing going for them anyways.
Yes, more than likely you're either...

A) One of those idiots with a cycling suit, and you sat on the couch and watched every minute of the Tour De France (yuck)

or

A fat guy that was semi inspired to stop eating his hot dog when hearing about Armstrong.

People are making hyperboles over this, giant exaggerations that really do not make sense. We are a few hyperboles away from saying Twilight is the best movie ever and Andy Dalton is the blackest man to ever live.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:

A) One of those idiots with a cycling suit, and you sat on the couch and watched every minute of the Tour De France (yuck)

or

A fat guy that was semi inspired to stop eating his hot dog when hearing about Armstrong.

People are making hyperboles over this, giant exaggerations that really do not make sense. We are a few hyperboles away from saying Twilight is the best movie ever and Andy Dalton is the blackest man to ever live.
I'm more disappointed in Jared from Subway
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Quote:
Quote:

or

Rediculouse....One man lost his job with the news source he worked for based on Lance...His reputation as a journalist was raked by Lances PR

You know what, why do I even care to educate those that are making completely rediculouse post about something they now less than crap about?...I don't know...I'm done.

Roids...LOL just goes to show the level of ignorace on this subject.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Never thought I'd see Twilight and Best in the same sentance...

Whens the next comet coming to destroy earth Im ready now.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8695

Some of the comments are just absolutely stupid.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Rediculouse....One man lost his job with the news source he worked for based on Lance...His reputation as a journalist was raked by Lances PR

You know what, why do I even care to educate those that are making completely rediculouse post about something they now less than crap about?...I don't know...I'm done.

Roids is an Easy way to explain it... PED's can be anything. One could consider marijuana a PED for professional Video gaming(or anything that requires focus *yes pot helps you focus). or 5 hour energy for that matter because they are using something not natural to increase their proformance.

you KNOW ....... Oh my god a report lost his job probly shouldnt have relied on 1 other guy to make his living.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

As a weight lifter, I actually know quite a lot about Steroids and PEDS. There is a difference, but Steroids can be counted as a PED, as it does enhance 'performance'. Although, I cannot tell if you're being completely serious in this post. Oh well.

Quote:
Never thought I'd see Twilight and Best in the same sentance...

Whens the next comet coming to destroy earth Im ready now.
Just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
Some of the comments are just absolutely stupid.
You cannot just make a claim, and then not provide proof or debatable logic. Anyone can be like, "Yeah, that looks stupid." That in itself, is stupid.

Quote:
Roids is an Easy way to explain it... PED's can be anything. One could consider marijuana a PED for professional Video gaming(or anything that requires focus *yes pot helps you focus). or 5 hour energy for that matter because they are using something not natural to increase their proformance.

you KNOW ....... Oh my god a report lost his job probly shouldnt have relied on 1 other guy to make his living.
Steroids is the easy way to explain it. Steroids still require an athlete to 'perform' or to train. Some people think you can be avoid of any physical contact and have mass muscles and what not. Nawh, never worked that way. Honestly, with all the negatives that go with Steroids and PEDs, I'm not sure why you WOULD do it. Not worth it.

I agree, although, at some point, we all kinda rely on each other to make a living. Albeit, he did kinda ride off Armstrong's success, if he did, indeed, gain wealth from him. (no pun intended)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8695

Quote:
You know...I can't find one instance of this statement being true...Can you find them and pos them here? I'd like to read them.
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=104063

Can't find the first time I talked about it because I didn't start the thread and it was a looooong time ago.

But I had the same comments of WWII ... about germans blah blah blah.

I'm not a liar, if I tell you I had these comments, I had them.

In fact, I just don't care.

Lance Armstrong was the biggest fraud in sport ever. I absolutely don't care about his nationality.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108934

Quote:
The worst part about Lance is all the people's lives he destroyed keeping his secret.
Quote:
He destroyed people, keeping the lie alive.
Quote:
who exactly did he destroy?
Here's an article that addresses some such transgressions: Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked
"In the end, Armstrong did far more good for the world – particularly in the cancer wards where inspiration is so desperately needed – than bad. He rides a bicycle. He didn't kill anyone

He did, however, try to destroy some people – their finances, their businesses, their reputations, their names. These are the victims of Lance Armstrong, and the only hope is that Winfrey didn't just let Lance brush aside the truly aggrieved parties or the obvious questions.

Armstrong isn't necessarily a bad guy for doping. He is a bad guy for the way he used his immense power, fame and fortune to attempt to ruin anyone who dared to speak the truth to his avalanche of lies.

That was some punk behavior.

So here are some of the questions we hope Oprah asked Lance:

3. Let's talk Betsy Andreu, the wife of one your former teammates, Frankie. Both Andreus testified under oath that they were in a hospital room in 1996 when you admitted to a doctor to using EPO, HGH and steroids. You responded by calling them "vindictive, bitter, vengeful and jealous." And that's the stuff we can say on TV.

And what would you say directly to Betsy, who dealt with a voicemail from one of your henchmen that included, she's testified, this:

"I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head. I also hope that one day you have adversity in your life and you have some type of tragedy that will … definitely make an impact on you."

When you heard about that voicemail, why didn't you call Betsy and apologize then?

6. What do you say to Emma O'Reilly, who was a young Dublin native when she was first hired by the U.S. Postal team to give massages to the riders after races?

In the early 2000s, she told stories of rampant doping and how she was used to transport the drugs across international borders. In the USADA report, she testified that you tried to "make my life hell."

Her story was true, Lance, wasn't it? And you knew it was true. Yet despite knowing it was true, you, a famous multimillionaire superstar, used high-priced lawyers to sue this simple woman for more money than she was worth in England, where slander laws favor the famous. She had no chance to fight it.

She testified that you tried to ruin her by spreading word that she was a prostitute with a heavy drinking problem.

"The traumatizing part," she once told the New York Times, "was dealing with telling the truth."

Do you want to apologize to her? Not in general. I mean directly and by name. I mean, Lance, of all the people to attack like that, of all the people you had power and wealth over, you had to go after her? How Lance, could you do this to someone, and why would anyone want to believe again in someone capable of doing this to someone?

7. In 2011, former teammate Tyler Hamilton spoke about you and doping on "60 Minutes." He later said you two ran into each other in a Colorado restaurant where he says you tried to intimidate him, saying, "I'm going to make your life a living hell both in the courtroom and out of the courtroom."

Yet you knew he was telling the truth, right Lance? So why threaten him?

8. Greg LeMond, a three-time Tour de France champion, once raised the following hypothetical question: "If Lance's story is true, it's the greatest comeback in the history of sport. If it's not, it's the greatest fraud."

The allegation is that you heard that and decided to use your influence with Trek bikes to drop its association with LeMond's brand. The company even went to court to end a long-term contract. "Greg's public comments hurt the LeMond brand and the Trek brand," a company official said at the time.

What comment? Wondering about something that was true?

The move cost LeMond millions. Did you try to ruin him financially simply for spite?

9. We've just scratched the surface on people you pushed around. There are more victims in your wake. Do you want me to continue with the others? "
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

That is using his wealth and power to do that, not using the fact he 'doped', which is the claim/statement others were making.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 17068

There are thousands with cancer that are glad Lance lied....

Cincinnati Bengals
2013 AFCN Champions !
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108934

Great mantra for society today....

"Kids, don't be a bully....unless you do enough good to balance it out."
* * * * * * * * * *THE MORE YOU KNOW* * * * * * * * * *

Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
Great mantra for society today....

"Kids, don't be a bully....unless you do enough good to balance it out."
* * * * * * * * * *THE MORE YOU KNOW* * * * * * * * * *

So, are you saying that if you bully once or do one bad thing you're a horrible human being incapable of doing any good? Not saying in this instance, as Armstrong is clearly a crap human being that endorses his foundation for good, while sucking good out of people (irony). I'm just wondering. I mean, I do believe in redemption, albeit, for Armstrong, it is going to be hard to do.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
This is really hard to just begin to list...just read some of the things he would do to teammates and ex teammates. He would use his extensive PR department ot destroy anyone who tried to call him out.
Quote:
That is using his wealth and power to do that, not using the fact he 'doped', which is the claim/statement others were making.
That is what I have been talking about this entire thread...However the reason why he did what he did to those people was simply to cover up his doping...

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote: