Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2549
Default Offense Heavy Mock

I have seen a lot of mock drafts lately that have the Bengals using 4 out of 5 of the top picks on Defense. While I don't think the Bengals will draft that heavy on either Offense or Defense this year I am making this mock draft for fun and not what I think the Bengals will do or should do.

Round 1 - Cordarrelle Patterson (WR - Tennessee) - If we were to add another WR to this team we might as well go out and get one of the best guys in the draft. Patterson has the upside to be a monster in this league. Can make plays catching, running, and returning. A threat to score everytime the ball is in his hands. Alternatives for this pick at WR would be Allen or Hopkins. Any one of those three players are going to be really good in this league for a long time.

Round 2 - Giovani Bernard (RB - North Carolina) - An explosive change of pace RB to pair with BJGE. Also would allow us to cut Brandon Tate because he could handle those return duties as well. Alternative pick here would be Eddie Lacy. While I don't think Lacy is quite the change of pace guy Bernard would be I think he would still be incredible value and a future superstar in this league.

Round 2 - Travis Frederick (OC/OG - Wisconsin) - A player that I thought would go a round or two later but who's stock is rising. Could play Center or Guard which is the type of versatility we should look to add on the line. I personally like Trevor Robinson and think he should be given a fair change this offseason but just looking at Frederick I know he would certainly be an upgrade over the guy that started for us down the stretch this season and in the playoffs.

Round 3 - Baccari Rambo (Safety - Georgia) - My one player out of the first five picks that I will use on defense. The upgrade at Safety that we have been needing for a few years.

Round 4 - Rick Wagner (OT - Wisconsin) - Another Wisconsin lineman that would likely back-up Andre Smith and the event of the franchise tag would possibly replace him in the future. Would also be an instant upgrade over Roland as the extra tackle in unbalanced line formations.

Once again this is just a mock focused mainly on offense and countering the defense heavy mock drafts on here lately. Have fun and post your top 5 picks centered around upgrading the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited by JungleRock85; 01-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025
Default Re: Offense Heavy Mock

I don't think you're going to see a WR in the first round this year. Other then your first pick, I could definitely live with it.

There are a lot of people on here who want to see Frederick or Jones come in and kick Kyle Cook out of camp. I would love to see it happen, but I just don't see the Bengals taking a Center. But then again, I have been wrong many many times before, so you never know!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I don't think you're going to see a WR in the first round this year. Other then your first pick, I could definitely live with it.

There are a lot of people on here who want to see Frederick or Jones come in and kick Kyle Cook out of camp. I would love to see it happen, but I just don't see the Bengals taking a Center. But then again, I have been wrong many many times before, so you never know!
Yeah I am not seeing either of those things right now either. That is why I said this was more for fun and not what I think they would do/should do.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 30

Top 10 offense easily
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3061

I'm really skeptical on TWill right now, I watched some game footage of his yesterday and he only ran 2 routes throughout 1 game, catches the ball with his chest alot.

"I've got two contracts in my life: One with my wife and the other to protect Andy Dalton." - Andrew Whitworth
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black Attack View Post
I'm really skeptical on TWill right now, I watched some game footage of his yesterday and he only ran 2 routes throughout 1 game, catches the ball with his chest alot.

Need a WR who can catch the ball with his hands like AJ and Patton does as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Need a WR who can catch the ball with his hands like AJ and Patton does as well.
You guys should really like DeAndre Hopkins then.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3217

Talked about liking my draft. I would be happy as hell with this draft.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
You guys should really like DeAndre Hopkins then.
I like Hopkins he's a stud
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I like Hopkins he's a stud
Agreed. He has great hands and seems to catch everything thrown his way. I'm curious to see his 40 times because if he nails that then his stock is just going to go up and up.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Agreed. He has great hands and seems to catch everything thrown his way. I'm curious to see his 40 times because if he nails that then his stock is just going to go up and up.

I think Patton's stock is going to go up as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 86

Quote:
I have seen a lot of mock drafts lately that have the Bengals using 4 out of 5 of the top picks on Defense. While I don't think the Bengals will draft that heavy on either Offense or Defense this year I am making this mock draft for fun and not what I think the Bengals will do or should do.

Round 1 - Justin Hunter (WR - Tennessee) - If we were to add another WR to this team we might as well go out and get one of the best guys in the draft. Hunter had a good season coming off an injury. One of the tallest WR's in the draft and is an explosive play-maker and a very gifted athlete. Alternatives for this pick at WR would be Patterson or Hopkins. Any one of those three players are going to be really good in this league for a long time.

Round 2 - Giovani Bernard (RB - North Carolina) - An explosive change of pace RB to pair with BJGE. Also would allow us to cut Brandon Tate because he could handle those return duties as well. Alternative pick here would be Eddie Lacy. While I don't think Lacy is quite the change of pace guy Bernard would be I think he would still be incredible value and a future superstar in this league.

Round 2 - Travis Frederick (OC/OG - Wisconsin) - A player that I thought would go a round or two later but who's stock is rising. Could play Center or Guard which is the type of versatility we should look to add on the line. I personally like Trevor Robinson and think he should be given a fair change this offseason but just looking at Frederick I know he would certainly be an upgrade over the guy that started for us down the stretch this season and in the playoffs.

Round 3 - Baccari Rambo (Safety - Georgia) - My one player out of the first five picks that I will use on defense. The upgrade at Safety that we have been needing for a few years.

Round 4 - Rick Wagner (OT - Wisconsin) - Another Wisconsin lineman that would likely back-up Andre Smith and the event of the franchise tag would possibly replace him in the future. Would also be an instant upgrade over Roland as the extra tackle in unbalanced line formations.

Once again this is just a mock focused mainly on offense and countering the defense heavy mock drafts on here lately. Have fun and post your top 5 picks centered around upgrading the offensive side of the ball.
No reciever should be drafted in the 1st.