Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
bengals Monday Mock

Extend - Smith, MJ,Pacman,Newman,Gilberry,Howard,Skuta,Huber,Harri s,Gradkowski

FA's - Brian Hartline WR, Micheal Bennett DE, Justin Durant LB

If Andre bolts we draft Justin Pugh at 2b.




1.Alec Ogletree LB Ga (trade back for a 3rd)

2a.Travis Frederick C Wisc

2b.Larry Warford G UK

3a.Stedman Bailey WR West Va

3b.DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina

4.Johnathon Franklin RB UCLA

5a.Adrian Bushell CB/PR Louisville

5b.(Livings Comp)Aaron Mellette WR Elon / Josh Boyce WR TCU

6a.David Bass DE Missouri Western St (40.5 sacks in 4 years and 56 TFL)

6b.Zac Stacy RB Vandy

Last edited by pulses; 01-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: Monday Mock

Not too bad.

I am starting to wonder if Ogletree will be there when we draft. I'm guessing he is going to test very well. Not that it means much, but Kiper already has him at #7 overall on his big board, so it wouldn't be out of the question if he goes in the top 20.

I'm with you. I would draft a C and an OG in the early part of this draft, however, I would be shocked if the current group would take them that early considering we have Cook and Robinson at C and Boling at OG. All of them are young and seem to be thought of very highly by the coaches.

Franklin is a stud. He would be a good pickup in the 4th.

The only thing that I don't like about your draft is waiting until late in the 3rd to take a safety. I'm just so sick of watching RBs and TEs run all over the field on passing downs.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM
urinalcake's Avatar
urinalcake urinalcake is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 675
Rep Points: 1677
Default Re: Monday Mock

Like all these guys and seems fairly realistic that most of them will be there at their positions, but I just don't see us getting an extra 3rd round pick AND retaining a 1st from any of the teams behind us in the 1st. Who knows anything is possible, but doubt it will 2 years in a row.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,542
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post
Like all these guys and seems fairly realistic that most of them will be there at their positions, but I just don't see us getting an extra 3rd round pick AND retaining a 1st from any of the teams behind us in the 1st. Who knows anything is possible, but doubt it will 2 years in a row.
I agree with the part about getting an extra 3rd by moving back.

I think the better move would be to give up a 5th and a 6th to move up. I would much rather see this team have more picks in the first 3 rounds than the last 4 rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Not too bad.

I am starting to wonder if Ogletree will be there when we draft. I'm guessing he is going to test very well. Not that it means much, but Kiper already has him at #7 overall on his big board, so it wouldn't be out of the question if he goes in the top 20.

I'm with you. I would draft a C and an OG in the early part of this draft, however, I would be shocked if the current group would take them that early considering we have Cook and Robinson at C and Boling at OG. All of them are young and seem to be thought of very highly by the coaches.

Franklin is a stud. He would be a good pickup in the 4th.

The only thing that I don't like about your draft is waiting until late in the 3rd to take a safety. I'm just so sick of watching RBs and TEs run all over the field on passing downs.
Swearinger is going to be a good Safety, I like him and Jefferson about the best this year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:25 PM
urinalcake's Avatar
urinalcake urinalcake is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 675
Rep Points: 1677
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I think the better move would be to give up a 5th and a 6th to move up. I would much rather see this team have more picks in the first 3 rounds than the last 4 rounds.
Definitely. With all of the cap space and moves we make this off season, we're going to end up with 150 heads at camp if we don't consolidate a little. Our 5th and 6th could buy us a 4th rounder in the 120 - 125 range.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
bengals Re: Monday Mock

First draft ive loved without lacy....nice work bud.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,086
Rep Points: 23069
Default Re: Monday Mock

I'd be ecstatic if this happened!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Draftdruggie Draftdruggie is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 100
Rep Points: 30
Default Re: Monday Mock

What team with a sober GM would give a 3rd to move up 2-4 spots. COM ON MAN
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
CincyFeeeva's Avatar
CincyFeeeva CincyFeeeva is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 36
Rep Points: 76
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Extend - Smith, MJ,Pacman,Newman,Gilberry,Howard,Skuta,Huber,Harri s,Gradkowski

FA's - Brian Hartline WR, Micheal Bennett DE, Justin Durant LB

If Andre bolts we draft Justin Pugh at 2b.




1.Alec Ogletree LB Ga (trade back for a 3rd)

2a.Travis Frederick C Wisc

2b.Larry Warford G UK

3a.Stedman Bailey WR West Va

3b.DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina

4.Johnathon Franklin RB UCLA

5a.Adrian Bushell CB/PR Louisville

5b.(Livings Comp)Aaron Mellette WR Elon / Josh Boyce WR TCU

6a.David Bass DE Missouri Western St (40.5 sacks in 4 years and 56 TFL)

6b.Zac Stacy RB Vandy

Nice draft. Love the first 5 picks. Though I rather take Lacy or Bernard with pick 3. Like the Bailey pick as well. Good work.
__________________
The Red & Green Show
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:43 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,218
Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
Not too bad.

I am starting to wonder if Ogletree will be there when we draft. I'm guessing he is going to test very well. Not that it means much, but Kiper already has him at #7 overall on his big board, so it wouldn't be out of the question if he goes in the top 20.

I'm with you. I would draft a C and an OG in the early part of this draft, however, I would be shocked if the current group would take them that early considering we have Cook and Robinson at C and Boling at OG. All of them are young and seem to be thought of very highly by the coaches.

Franklin is a stud. He would be a good pickup in the 4th.

The only thing that I don't like about your draft is waiting until late in the 3rd to take a safety. I'm just so sick of watching RBs and TEs run all over the field on passing downs.
So, here lies the rub. You want four positions (LG, C, LB, & SS) with 3 picks.

If getting a safety prior to the 3rd & drafting an LB are your mandates, then the Bengals CANNOT draft 2 interior olinemen in the 2nd.

Hence, I feel that it is not plausible to draft 2 interior olinemen in the beginning rounds of 2013.

BTW, Boling was a projected 3rd rounder. So, there is a strong possibility that if the Bengals were to draft another LG in the 3rd round, there would be a "push" at the position. If they were to draft another LG later than the 3rd, then there is a distinct possibility that they will get a player less talented than Boling.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
So, here lies the rub. You want four positions (LG, C, LB, & SS) with 3 picks.

If getting a safety prior to the 3rd & drafting an LB are your mandates, then the Bengals CANNOT draft 2 interior olinemen in the 2nd.

Hence, I feel that it is not plausible to draft 2 interior olinemen in the beginning rounds of 2013.

BTW, Boling was a projected 3rd rounder. So, there is a strong possibility that if the Bengals were to draft another LG in the 3rd round, there would be a "push" at the position. If they were to draft another LG later than the 3rd, then there is a distinct possibility that they will get a player less talented than Boling.
WARFORD is not a 3rd rounder and obviously if you KNEW anything about the player you'd know he's a HUGE UPGRADE over boling. And YES they can, you just don't like it or think they will but they SHOULD.

Last edited by pulses; 01-15-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 AM
50yarder 50yarder is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 117
Rep Points: 105
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
WARFORD is not a 3rd rounder and obviously if you KNEW anything about the player you'd know he's a HUGE UPGRADE over boling. And YES they can, you just don't like it or think they will but they SHOULD.
Larry Warford plays RG. That experiment didnt work so well w/ Boiling thats why he is a better player now at his natural spot.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yarder View Post
Larry Warford plays RG. That experiment didnt work so well w/ Boiling thats why he is a better player now at his natural spot.
That's because Boling don't have the size or strength that Warford has.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
So, here lies the rub. You want four positions (LG, C, LB, & SS) with 3 picks.

If getting a safety prior to the 3rd & drafting an LB are your mandates, then the Bengals CANNOT draft 2 interior olinemen in the 2nd.

Hence, I feel that it is not plausible to draft 2 interior olinemen in the beginning rounds of 2013.

BTW, Boling was a projected 3rd rounder. So, there is a strong possibility that if the Bengals were to draft another LG in the 3rd round, there would be a "push" at the position. If they were to draft another LG later than the 3rd, then there is a distinct possibility that they will get a player less talented than Boling.
Boling was a 4th rounder and warford is a solid 2 and may be a 1 before the combine is done. HUGE difference.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,218
Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
WARFORD is not a 3rd rounder and obviously if you KNEW anything about the player you'd know he's a HUGE UPGRADE over boling. And YES they can, you just don't like it or think they will but they SHOULD.
You challenge my knowledge of Warford. I challenge your knowledge of the depth chart and needs on the Bengals team as is.

Again, it goes to priorities.

Need RB. Need SS. Need LB (at least 1).

Luxury - 1 upgrade to oline.
Lunacy - 2 upgrades to oline while ignoring either a SS, RB, and possibly 2 LBs.

The only way I would be on board with drafting two early round olinemen would be if the Bengals were aggressive in acquiring quality free agents at RB, SS, & LB.

Last edited by mulligan; 01-15-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,218
Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Boling was a 4th rounder and warford is a solid 2 and may be a 1 before the combine is done. HUGE difference.
Boling had a 3rd round grade. He was drafted in the 4th.

Again, I feel it is too much of a luxury to grab 2 olinemen while allowing other needed positions to go unattended.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/OG
Warford is currently ranked 64th overall by CBS Sports. This would be slotted as the 2nd to last 2nd round position.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
You challenge my knowledge of Warford. I challenge your knowledge of the depth chart and needs on the Bengals team as is.

Again, it goes to priorities.

Need RB. Need SS. Need LB (at least 1).

Luxury - 1 upgrade to oline.
Lunacy - 2 upgrades to oline while ignoring either a SS, RB, and possibly 2 LBs.

The only way I would be on board with drafting two early round olinemen would be if the Bengals were aggressive in acquiring quality free agents at RB, SS, & LB.
I filled some of our holes in my FA signings plus through the draft, just because you don't PREFER the way I went about it doesn't mean it may not happen that way.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Rep Points: 360
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFeeeva View Post
Nice draft. Love the first 5 picks. Though I rather take Lacy or Bernard with pick 3. Like the Bailey pick as well. Good work.
both lacy and bernard have no chance of being there by pick 2b for us. bernard maybe but by that point there is better value for us later for running back, like what this guys got with franklin and stacy...those two in our backfield would be epic.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,218
Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
You challenge my knowledge of Warford. I challenge your knowledge of the depth chart and needs on the Bengals team as is.

Again, it goes to priorities.

Need RB. Need SS. Need LB (at least 1).

Luxury - 1 upgrade to oline.
Lunacy - 2 upgrades to oline while ignoring either a SS, RB, and possibly 2 LBs.

The only way I would be on board with drafting two early round olinemen would be if the Bengals were aggressive in acquiring quality free agents at RB, SS, & LB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
I filled some of our holes in my FA signings plus through the draft, just because you don't PREFER the way I went about it doesn't mean it may not happen that way.
FA's - Brian Hartline WR, Micheal Bennett DE, Justin Durant LB

Here are your FA signings.

How are you addressing the safety issue? With a 3b safety selection? What happens if your guy isn't there?

This isn't a solution.
FS: Nelson/Iloka
SS: Mays/Sands (recently arrested)/Dye (unproven)

Crocker has missed the end of the season in 3 consecutive seasons now. His body breaks down every year.

Fix Safety and we can talk.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
FA's - Brian Hartline WR, Micheal Bennett DE, Justin Durant LB

Here are your FA signings.

How are you addressing the safety issue? With a 3b safety selection? What happens if your guy isn't there?

This isn't a solution.
FS: Nelson/Iloka
SS: Mays/Sands (recently arrested)/Dye (unproven)

Crocker has missed the end of the season in 3 consecutive seasons now. His body breaks down every year.

Fix Safety and we can talk.
IMO the bengals will draft a safety wthin the 1st 3 rounds and start him. They won't go out into Free Agency and spend a bunch of $$$$ on one.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 AM
mulligan mulligan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 13,218
Rep Points: 7519
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
IMO the bengals will draft a safety wthin the 1st 3 rounds and start him. They won't go out into Free Agency and spend a bunch of $$$$ on one.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...chris-crocker/
Chris Crocker 1 year - $825k

This isn't a bunch of $$$$$.

Even LaRon Landy 1 year, $3.5 million would be fine.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/laron-landry/

We just need a band-aid for a year or 2 while the young safety acclimates.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Monday Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnat...chris-crocker/
Chris Crocker 1 year - $825k

This isn't a bunch of $$$$$.

Even LaRon Landy 1 year, $3.5 million would be fine.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/laron-landry/

We just need a band-aid for a year or 2 while the young safety acclimates.

I'd be ok with landry for a yr
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.