Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Message Board Hall of Fame

Message Board Hall of Fame Where the best Bengals Fans of this message board are enshrined into the most elite group of its kind.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Bengal Legend

Rep Points: 227
bengals Re: Remembering Cameron Hartman

"May God welcome Cameron to Heaven with a Black and Orange stripe jersey, and for his family and friends, May God extend his solace and mercy. God Bless you-my deepest condolences"

Thank you for your outpouring of support for CameronCat and our family. He was honored to be a member of this message board and would always share with his medical team that he was on the Bengal's site. He loved his title. He loved receiving his 'fan mail'. We watched the playoff game on Saturday. Cam's nurse made him a t-shirt for the game with a picture of Who-Dey and 'CameronCat' across his chest. While we are not sure if he could hear us, I gave him the play-by-play of the game and made sure that everyone spoke highly of the Bengals when they walked into the room. Cameron supported his Bengals - win or lose. He was a loyal fan and LOVED his team. To honor Cam and his love for life and football, he will be laid to rest in his Andy Dalton jersey that he was never able to open for Christmas. He would be wearing his Mike Nugent jersey, but it has such sentimental value to us that we want to keep it as a memory of our CameronCat. Mike came to visit Cameron in the hospital he talked about it with everyone who would listen. He looked up to Mike and all of the football players as inspiration when he was having a difficult day. Cam will also sport his Bengals hat and lay with his Bengal PillowPet. He loved life and his football team. We know he wouldn't have it any other way.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

Cam's aunt, Meems

Last edited by CameronCat; 01-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19651
Default Re: Remembering Cameron Hartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCat View Post
"May God welcome Cameron to Heaven with a Black and Orange stripe jersey, and for his family and friends, May God extend his solace and mercy. God Bless you-my deepest condolences"

Thank you for your outpouring of support for CameronCat and our family. He was honored to be a member of this message board and would always share with his medical team that he was on the Bengal's site. He loved his title. He loved receiving his 'fan mail'. We watched the playoff game on Saturday. Cam's nurse made him a t-shirt for the game with a picture of Who-Dey and 'CameronCat' across his chest. While we are not sure if he could hear us, I gave him the play-by-play of the game and made sure that everyone spoke highly of the Bengals when they walked into the room. Cameron supported his Bengals - win or lose. He was a loyal fan and LOVED his team. To honor Cam and his love for life and football, he will be laid to rest in his Andy Dalton jersey that he was never able to open for Christmas. He would be wearing his Mike Nugent jersey, but it has such sentimental value to us that we want to keep it as a memory of our CameronCat. Mike came to visit Cameron in the hospital he talked about it with everyone who would listen. He looked up to Mike and all of the football players as inspiration when he was having a difficult day. Cam will also sport his Bengals hat and lay with his Bengal PillowPet. He loved life and his football team. We know he wouldn't have it any other way.

Cam's aunt, Meems
Thank you for allowing us to share with Cam in his final days......rest easy little man....
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19651

Special shout out and props go to 34inXXIII for presenting the case of honoring little Cam by making him an honorary Bengal Legend to the other mods. A thanks goes out to all of the mods for getting that done. You guys did a great thing, thanks. 34, you da man.

Who Dey!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1455

I am so deeply sorry to hear of Cameron's passing. May God's love strengthen and comfort all of his family members as they try to cope with this tragedy. There is a Canadian singer named John McDermott who recorded a song by the great song writer, Eric Bogle called "One Small Star". It is, as he says, a tribute to those who have gone before us. It has been comforting to me during the loss of loved ones, and my wife has even asked me to be sure it is played at her funeral if, god forbid, she should leave this world before me. I hope Cameron's family can find some comfort in this. Rest in Peace little man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mqYnrAPw0
Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 78466

Quote:

Cam's aunt, Meems
I wish I could write something, but it's hard to find the words. Cameron touched many of us very deeply.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3734

this is sad news
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 218

Who Dey little Bengal Brother.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

This breaks my heart, I'm so very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16952

I shed some tears a minute ago thinking of little Cameron. My daughter is 10 yrs old, and I just could not imagine her going through what Cameron went through.

We shall never forget him. God bless his family.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 688
Default Re: Our little Cameron is gone.

Quote:
January 23, 2002 – January 6, 2013

Cameron Matthew Hartman, age 10, courageously finished his journey here on the earth and truffle shuffled into the arms of Jesus.

Cameron was an avid Bengals fan, proud Elk, Phase 10 champion, grill master, Buffalo Wild Wings destroyer, animal lover, life of the party, roller coaster connoisseur and ambassador of good will.

Throughout Cameron’s life and especially since being diagnosed with DOCK8 mutation in October 2011, Cam has inspired all who knew him to seize every opportunity, laugh often, remain selfless in the midst of everything, never miss an opportunity to say ‘I love you’ and Never, Never, Never give up.

Please join Amy, Adam, Ashley, Brandon, Josh, Norman, Audrey, Ken, Sally, Phillip, Chris, Mark, Christine and Emily to celebrate Cameron’s life at Washington Heights Baptist Church 5650 Far Hills Ave, Dayton Ohio 45429.
Visitation hours: Friday, January 11th, 3-5 pm & 7-9 pm; Saturday, January 12th, 10 am -12 pm
Victory Celebration: Saturday, January 12th 1 pm.

In honor of Cam’s love for football, please join us in sporting his teams’ colors – black & gold for his Elks or black & orange for his Bengals.

In lieu of flowers, please send tax-deductible contributions to the Cameron Hartman Fund: 5650 Far Hills Avenue, Dayton, Ohio 45429

For all who grieve for Cameron, remember his consoling words “Don’t Worry! I’m fine!”

As a former Elk and a long time Centerville resident, I am very sorry to hear about the passing of Cameron. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 789

Just way too young. We must live his dreams for him!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3734

Revisiting this thread to be reminded how fragile and precious life can be.

RIP
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Bengal Legend

Rep Points: 227

Glad to see that people are still posting to this thread. I know Cam is very honored that his story is in The Hall of Fame, He always told everyone when he was in the hospital he was on the Bengals message board and always looked forward to his fan mail. Each week when the Bengals play, I say they have a very special Angel watching over them! I am sure he has the best game day parties ever in Heaven! I had a very special Bengals jersey made it has his football number 47 and CameronCat on the back ,he loved his name you guys gave him! Thanks for all the love and support it meant alot to us! Thanks for letting my little guy be a part of your amazing Bengal family!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9018

Quote:
Glad to see that people are still posting to this thread. I know Cam is very honored that his story is in The Hall of Fame, He always told everyone when he was in the hospital he was on the Bengals message board and always looked forward to his fan mail. Each week when the Bengals play, I say they have a very special Angel watching over them! I am sure he has the best game day parties ever in Heaven! I had a very special Bengals jersey made it has his football number 47 and CameronCat on the back ,he loved his name you guys gave him! Thanks for all the love and support it meant alot to us! Thanks for letting my little guy be a part of your amazing Bengal family!
I can't speak for everyone but I'm farly certain that the core group of members as well as the mods,players,and FO personel were moved and humbled by the courage that Cameron showed. His life and death has forever left a scar on our MB family but in doing so his memory and family will always be welcomed with open arms here. Godbless in your fight to carry on. Try to find some strength in knowing that his shortened life was a very meaningful one.