Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711
Default Re: Dalton vs Kaepernick (20/20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Gilberry View Post
Agrees. I hate t's tucked into jeans. Add that braided belt that is too long and flops around like a flaccid dong. Love it!

Even worse t's tucked into Jorts (store bought hemmed jean shorts) with big bulky white tube socks bunched up and pushed down at the ankles, because somehow if they're pulled up on the calf it is "uncool". That's just my pet peeve though.

Or people's going out dinner clothes are a bengals polo shirt tucked into their jeans.

I'm no fashionista by no means.

Got side tracked...since the bill has to be bent, do you wear it down on your forehead or on the top back part of your head like a jewish yamulke? Just curious what is the acceptable way to wear a ball cap. I don't wear caps, just curious.

Go Bengals!
Are jean shorts still out there in the wild?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Are jean shorts still out there in the wild?
EXACTLY!

lol
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:

I do wish CK would bend the bill on his hats though. Society is declining and it begins with how we wear our hats.
I'm pdub2005, and I approve of this post.

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj Dalton View Post
kaperdick is not as good as dalton. he just got more swag thats it.
Dalton has a better nickname though

The Red Rifle
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Gilberry View Post
Agrees. I hate t's tucked into jeans. Add that braided belt that is too long and flops around like a flaccid dong. Love it!

Even worse t's tucked into Jorts (store bought hemmed jean shorts) with big bulky white tube socks bunched up and pushed down at the ankles, because somehow if they're pulled up on the calf it is "uncool". That's just my pet peeve though.

Or people's going out dinner clothes are a bengals polo shirt tucked into their jeans.

I'm no fashionista by no means.

Got side tracked...since the bill has to be bent, do you wear it down on your forehead or on the top back part of your head like a jewish yamulke? Just curious what is the acceptable way to wear a ball cap. I don't wear caps, just curious.

Go Bengals!
And rolling cigarette packs up in T-Shirt sleeves!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Are you being silly? Of course I read that whole thread before I submitted it. I had a good laugh reading the hypocrisy of some, [but NOT you] of comparing Dalton and Cam at only 5 games played. Here in this thread because Colin has progressed further in the playoffs and has a better QB ratings the excuses are many. Again, I am not pointing my finger at you. You did not write a post in that thread, but many people who wrote here wrote there. In fact there was even a poll taken. It was okay to compare Cam vs Dalton when one played 5 games and the other 4.5 games??? However, now we have to wait even though Colin has already played more than double the games the point of the Cam vs Dalton thread was created smells of biasness to the extreme.

Back to my first sentence. Obviously, you did not read the thread, if you did you would have also seen who wrote the very last post in that thread and more importantly you would have seen consistency. I don't write a comparison between Cam and Dalton for one thread and a year later say you can't compare Colin and Dalton because not of enough games to compare them even though they played DOUBLE the amount of games compared to Cam vs Dalton

To help you out here is that last post.

http://boards.bengals.com/showpost.p...&postcount=152
No im not being silly, just when you quote me and say about consistency when I had nothing to do with that whole conversation, it looks like you're talking to me .

I'll be honest, I think Cam and Andy is a fairer comparison, since they came into the league at the same time, have played the same number of games (give or take). But yeah for me it's only now becoming 'long enough' to be able to have a better say on which QB we'd rather have here.

Kaepernick came into the league in a different way to both. Subbed into a team that was already one of the best in the league and he's helped push them into a NFC Champ game (which shouldn't be underrated, but again Andy and Cam started on what were meant to be bad bad teams). Either way I think after next season, this discussion has more grounds to it
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31535

Quote:
We drafted a CB nicknamed Swag to compensate for that.

I do wish CK would bend the bill on his hats though. Society is declining and it begins with how we wear our hats.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

I think it will be interesting to see how Atlanta plays defense in this game. After Green Bay exercised horrible gap discipline and no control and thus CK ran like nuts I hope the Falcons learn from that.

They need to stay in their lanes and if CK runs out hammer him mercilessly. Make him beat them throwing from inside the pocket. And on a read option the same rules apply - lane discipline and pound the QB. If you recall we did that to RGIII and Shanahan even started moaning about it - later on other teams took the hint and look where RGIII is now.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I don't know about that 1st dude that looks a little downsy, but Paul Wall is a successful entertainer and business owner. If you listen to him speak he sounds fairly intelligent as well. The way somebody dresses doesn't determine who they are. 1st impressions based on superficial aspects are usually wrong.

With all that said, I know most are just messing around, but I felt the need to put in my .02.

PS, I don't even wear hats, so this isn't personal.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73627

Quote:
We drafted a CB nicknamed Swag to compensate for that.

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28268

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Agree ! And what does that tell you ?
It tells me San Francisco has a great offensive line and Cincinnati's line leaks like an overfilled diaper.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
I think it will be interesting to see how Atlanta plays defense in this game. After Green Bay exercised horrible gap discipline and no control and thus CK ran like nuts I hope the Falcons learn from that.

They need to stay in their lanes and if CK runs out hammer him mercilessly. Make him beat them throwing from inside the pocket. And on a read option the same rules apply - lane discipline and pound the QB. If you recall we did that to RGIII and Shanahan even started moaning about it - later on other teams took the hint and look where RGIII is now.

Which is why they were the hottest team in the NFC?

Winning 7 in a row.

Teams took the hint.

Last edited by BengalYankee; 01-15-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 3136

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeonardLeap View Post
Yeah, Kaepernick got an entire year and change to sit on the bench and learn/adjust. Didn't everyone in the world say he wasn't ready to play in 2011?

The Bengals needed someone to play as soon as they drafted them.. unless you wanted a 2011 filled with 16 games of Bruce's Beard, Dalton was still the right choice to make. Not to mention the little fact that Kaepernick got to inherit a team that went 13-3 the year before he started.. Dalton got to inherit a team that went 4-12 the year before he started. That's a huge difference.
This^
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Which is why they were the hottest team in the NFC?

Winning 7 in a row.

Teams took the hint.
Dopey like always.

RGIII is in a hospital having had major knee surgery. And if when he comes back they start the option stuff again, that is where he'll end up again.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18752

Quote:
Dopey like always.

RGIII is in a hospital having had major knee surgery. And if when he comes back they start the option stuff again, that is where he'll end up again.

You are the Dope!

You write a stupid statement of "later on other teams took the hint". That is not dopey, that is stupid. The Redskins won 7 in a row a few games after we played them and won their division.

I can't stand it when someone writes a stupid ignorant statement like you did and can't man up to it when you are wrong.

BTW, RGIII is not in the hospital because he got hit by a Seahawk running the option.

Your comments of wanting Atlanta to "hammer him mercilessy"[Colin Kaepernick], speaks volume of how much a barbaric you are.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You are the Dope!

You write a stupid statement of "later on other teams took the hint". That is not dopey, that is stupid. The Redskins won 7 in a row a few games after we played them and won their division.

I can't stand it when someone writes a stupid ignorant statement like you did and can't man up to it when you are wrong.

BTW, RGIII is not in the hospital because he got hit by a Seahawk running the option.

Your comments of wanting Atlanta to "hammer him mercilessy"[Colin Kaepernick], speaks volume of how much a barbaric you are.
Except that I'm not wrong and you know it. We did hit RGIII a lot, Shanahan even griped about it, other teams did the same later on and the end result is RGIII got injured - twice no less (originally by the Rats then the Seahawks aggravated it). And whether or not you think it is "barbaric" is irrelevant - hitting the QB over and over is the time tested defensive approach to gimmick offenses that have the QB acting as a RB. So of course I expect the Falcons to do it to CK because that is what San Francisco is doing right now.

Also, what I said was hammer him mercilessly if he runs out of the pocket - make him beat them by passing from the pocket. Like it or not this is the proper NFL defensive approach to "mobile" QBs.

What you missed from other threads is I LIKE RGIII. He's not a head case like some other diva players and he seems to have good QB tools. But if they keep that read option he is not long for the league. Nor will CK be if they keep running read option for the exact reasons I stated.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Except that I'm not wrong and you know it. We did hit RGIII a lot, Shanahan even griped about it, other teams did the same later on and the end result is RGIII got injured - twice no less (originally by the Rats then the Seahawks aggravated it). And whether or not you think it is "barbaric" is irrelevant - hitting the QB over and over is the time tested defensive approach to gimmick offenses that have the QB acting as a RB. So of course I expect the Falcons to do it to CK because that is what San Francisco is doing right now.

Also, what I said was hammer him mercilessly if he runs out of the pocket - make him beat them by passing from the pocket. Like it or not this is the proper NFL defensive approach to "mobile" QBs.

What you missed from other threads is I LIKE RGIII. He's not a head case like some other diva players and he seems to have good QB tools. But if they keep that read option he is not long for the league. Nor will CK be if they keep running read option for the exact reasons I stated.
RGIII will learn to slide. Adapt or die. So will Kaepernick. Even if those guys were not freakishly good athletes they are both very good throwing the ball. Both can anticipate and put the ball in tight windows 15+ yards down the field. In the NFL you have to be able to throw the ball down the field. Both demonstrate elite natural ability throwing the ball. Neither are one trick ponies.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
It tells me San Francisco has a great offensive line and Cincinnati's line leaks like an overfilled diaper.
Statistically at least Cinci had one of the best O-lines in the NFL. I think it's funny how this board will praise individuals on the line (i.e. Smith is a beast! Whit is the best, Zeitler, Boling etc). then say the line is terrible.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Statistically at least Cinci had one of the best O-lines in the NFL. I think it's funny how this board will praise individuals on the line (i.e. Smith is a beast! Whit is the best, Zeitler, Boling etc). then say the line is terrible.
I don't remember anyone saying the line was bad when Robinson was playing...

Also, I don't recall anyone calling Cook a beast.

Seems pretty straightforward to me: Cook shouldn't be a starter here.

The center is the most important person on your line next to LT or RT(depending on the handedness of your QB ), so for the team to constantly ignore that position by putting late round picks and/or undrafted FAs there for the better part of 10 years speaks volumes.

We need to get true talent at the position and LEAVE HIM THERE to gain cohesiveness with others on the line. Until that happens our line will always be prone to stinking it up.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Cincinnati allowed the 7th most sacks in the NFL in 2012

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

On the other hand, our offensive line allowed the 26 most QB hits. So the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I don't remember anyone saying the line was bad when Robinson was playing...

Also, I don't recall anyone calling Cook a beast.

Seems pretty straightforward to me: Cook shouldn't be a starter here.

The center is the most important person on your line next to LT or RT(depending on the handedness of your QB ), so for the team to constantly ignore that position by putting late round picks and/or undrafted FAs there for the better part of 10 years speaks volumes.

We need to get true talent at the position and LEAVE HIM THERE to gain cohesiveness with others on the line. Until that happens our line will always be prone to stinking it up.
I am not a Cook fan. But the truth is that the offense did not sputter bc of Cook. The offense sputtered bc defenses figured out how to play the Benglas (load the box, sit on underneath routes and double AJ) and we have an OC and QB that cannot overcome that. Cook did not help, but a great offense will overcome having one weak link on the line. In fairness Boling IMO was really bad down the stretch...maybe worse than Cook.

There is a thread under the premise that the Patriots were able to move the ball and score on the Texans bc of the O-line. The fact of the matter is that Brady got hit by the Texans D more than Dalton did. He faced pressure. The differense is that with the Patriots you have to defend the whole field. Brady keeps defenses honest. The Bengals are so predictable and somewhat limited that they are easy to defend. The book is out on them.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Location: on the other side of the pillow....where its always cooler
Rep Points: 11112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Why do folks keep making these type threads?

Andy v. Cam
Andy v. Mallet
Andy v. Kaperdick

If Minnesota would have won their playoff game I guarentee there would been an:

Andy v. Ponder thread

If Tennessee wins a few games next yers there wil be an:

Andy v. Locker thread.

Maybe we should just all stick our fingers in our butts this offseason and wait for you to make threads so your high and mighty arse won't be disappointed in a thread that doesn't please you intellectually.

It isn't a bad thread and it is worth coversation, Kaepernick IS better, if you are to stupid to realize that maybe you have the problem. I wish we had picked him, Dalton is benefiting from a fantastic defense and that is about it.

I really wish Dalton was Drew Brees but he isn't, please prove me wrong Andy.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal_prideforlife View Post
Maybe we should just all stick our fingers in our butts this offseason and wait for you to make threads so your high and mighty arse won't be disappointed in a thread that doesn't please you intellectually.

It isn't a bad thread and it is worth coversation, Kaepernick IS better, if you are to stupid to realize that maybe you have the problem. I wish we had picked him, Dalton is benefiting from a fantastic defense and that is about it.

I really wish Dalton was Drew Brees but he isn't, please prove me wrong Andy.
Because San Fran definitely has a terrible defense.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard
It was sarcasm.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Because San Fran definitely has a terrible defense.
Of course not, but Kaepernick set a record for most yards rushed by a QB in his first ever post-season appearance. He also scored 24 total points.

Dalton on the other hand hasn't even scored 1 point in 2 playoff appearances against the same team. He has thrown 4ints though. Right now Dalton is utterly horrible when it counts, and I hope to all that is holy that he improves very quickly.