Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 251
Default Leon Hall to Safety!

Eon Leon Hall could be what we need at the safety position! We are pretty deep at the corner position if Dre can get healthy. I still think we draft a safety or get a good free agent but that position is one that usually requires experience in the league before mastering. Leon Hall is smart, has great anticipation, and can make tackles in the open field. Hes not a big hitter, but solid and usually makes the play. Crocker played well this year and it should be noted that he deserves to be come back player of the year for our organization. After being cut, he didnt give up! He kept working out and when his number was called he helped us become formidable. With that being said, i think we should give Leon a shot. He dorst have to worry about reinjuring his Achilles becuz he doesnt have to make sharp cuts and turns all day. He can focus and anticipate and if Nate Clements could halfway manage kt, i know leon can! Grammar police please no harassment
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2109
Default Re: Leon Hall to Safety!

Just don't like the idea of moving our #1 corner to safety. Hall was playing at a all pro level the 2nd half of the season. Replacing a safety in much easier than finding a #1 cornerback. Leon might be a good safety but right now he is a great cornerback.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Leon Hall was the only decent corner we had last year not nearing retirement. How would Dre being healthy make us deep enough to move our best corner to safety?

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31662

Sure, that's a great idea! Wait, wuut?

1. Leon Hall makes too much $ to be used as a safety.

2. Other than Hall, we don't have much at CB. Newman will be 35 before our 1st game next season, and Dre Kirk has proven zilch.

How is his knee btw?

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

lol. Seriously....lol.

Leon Hall is an excellent CB and should stay at that position. Whether people want to admit it or not, he's a top 10 guy at his position. Moving him would just be silly. So......I propose a better idea. Keep him at CB and sign a real Safety in FA or draft one.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
lol. Seriously....lol.

Leon Hall is an excellent CB and should stay at that position. Whether people want to admit it or not, he's a top 10 guy at his position. Moving him would just be silly. So......I propose a better idea. Keep him at CB and sign a real Safety in FA or draft one.
Fair enough...but it wouldnt hurt to give it a shot just to see if he could be a backup safety in case of injury
Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

2. Other than Hall, we don't have much at CB. Newman will be 35 before our 1st game next season, and Dre Kirk has proven zilch.

How is his knee btw?
Not sure how the knee is, but its expected to be 100% by training camp
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31662

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLEEdOrangeandBlack View Post
Not sure how the knee is, but its expected to be 100% by training camp
I'm just hoping it's not something degenerative.

Much like Paul Alexander in Mike Brown's office, CBs use their knees quite a bit.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8257
bengals Re: Leon Hall to Safety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

How is his knee btw?
Someone posted recently that they had to go in and have another cleanup surgery.. Votto-style. But I didn't actually read the article.

I agree with you though... Newman gave good play in 2012, but so did Clements in 2011... can't be relying on a 35 year old man and a guy who's had 1 year of 45 snaps and 6 injuries. You'd be going into 2013 looking like... Newman (35), Kirkpatrick (Seemingly Glass), Jones, Ghee (Also Glass), and... umm.. Allen? (Who is like bigfoot, a hide and seek champion.) That's one corner out of the 5 you can actually rely on in any capacity.

Hall is a top 10 corner when he's healthy, which he was for the final half of the season, and he should be even better a year removed from his injury. Also, free agency has some really nice S, and only a couple decent CBs this year. The big CB FA year was last year.

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 93-91-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

"Why hello there Antonio..."
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

Quote:
Fair enough...but it wouldnt hurt to give it a shot just to see if he could be a backup safety in case of injury
Yes it would. Giving him reps at Safety will do nothing to progress his career as a top Corner. I'm sure that if it had to happen, he could play some snaps at Safety, but as it stands, there is nothing wrong at all with him playing where he already is, and the S spot will be upgraded anyway.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24334

Quote:
Eon Leon Hall could be what we need at the safety position! We are pretty deep at the corner position if Dre can get healthy. I still think we draft a safety or get a good free agent but that position is one that usually requires experience in the league before mastering. Leon Hall is smart, has great anticipation, and can make tackles in the open field. Hes not a big hitter, but solid and usually makes the play. Crocker played well this year and it should be noted that he deserves to be come back player of the year for our organization. After being cut, he didnt give up! He kept working out and when his number was called he helped us become formidable. With that being said, i think we should give Leon a shot. He dorst have to worry about reinjuring his Achilles becuz he doesnt have to make sharp cuts and turns all day. He can focus and anticipate and if Nate Clements could halfway manage kt, i know leon can! Grammar police please no harassment
I have no problem with Leon at S but we are not deep at CB. Jones is a FA, Newman is a FA, Dre has really had no game experience, Prater no game experience, Ghee cannot walk to the practice field without getting hurt, Rogers was a WR when he entered camp, Lewis-Harris no
experience, Allen could not stay healthy or be active.

Where is this depth you speak of?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Move our best CB to Safety just because? Brilliant! Pacman is a FA, Newman is a FA, Clements is a FA, Dre has a bum knee, Jason Allen also has health problems, same with Ghee. Why put him at Safety?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8451

Can we move Lawson to tight end while we're at it?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Can he block?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Next the Bengals are going to try to move a TE to FB, an OT to DT, a DE to LB, and a LB to FB.. hahah----..... oh.....

0-5 Postseason, 6-19 Prime Time, 93-91-1 All Time... all you need to know about Marvin Lewis.
- - - - -

Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

I'm assuming the person who started this thread was just trying to be intentionally stupid.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9362

This thread is so dumb...
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12708

WTH ?

Not saying that Leon could not be a good safety because believe he could.

But we do not have an abundance of good CB's and this is a very important position, and Leon is a good one.

Even if Kirkpatrick comes back and lives up to his first round draft pick expectations ?

Leon needs to stay put.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

Why would we move our BEST defensive back to a position he has never payed before in the NFL? Thats just dumb.

The easiest way to fix our issue at safety? Easy

Bacarri Rambo
Kenny Vacarro
Matt Elam
McDonald
Jefferson

These players are the best at their position in this years draft. Anyone of them would put the Bengals stripes on and immediately start. Just draft one and, wah-lah, issue fixed!

Here Us......ROAR!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5203

Not well thought out at all...

............... Unless we move AJ to corner to make up for the loss of Leon to Safety....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
Why would we move our BEST defensive back to a position he has never payed before in the NFL? Thats just dumb.

The easiest way to fix our issue at safety? Easy

Bacarri Rambo
Kenny Vacarro
Matt Elam
McDonald
Jefferson

These players are the best at their position in this years draft. Anyone of them would put the Bengals stripes on and immediately start. Just draft one and, wah-lah, issue fixed!
I still vote the Bengals throw a boatload of money at Jairus Byrd, however much it takes. 28 turnovers in 4 season just isn't something you can draft. You'd have to add up Polamalu's last 7 seasons to match that number.

- - - - -

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

How much herb do you smoke before you post new threads?

NO.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Quote:

Haven't read the whole thread, but why in the world would we switch our best corner. I do not think Leon is a shutdown corner by any means but he is a very good corner in this league. Sure down the road he might see some safety time but right now, NO WAY....

We are not as deep at corner as it may seem,,,Both Pac Man and Newman our free agents. Jury is very much out on Kirkpatrick and if he can stay healthy. Ghee was strong in camp but got hurt again and so did Prater??? Newman I think will be 34 which is tough at corner and the injury bug I would imagine might be targeting him. Adam Jones may want to get a bigger deal as it might be his last and I am not sure he will be in our price range.... The reins might be handed over to younger guys like Ghee and Prater. I also think you will see the Bengals look at the draft again. Oline, Dline, Corners.... Mix in the other specialty groups. Linebacker might be a play too
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 121

No........lol our best corner to safety?? Trust me hes not winding down like woodson
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRAB14 View Post
Adam Jones may want to get a bigger deal as it might be his last and I am not sure he will be in our price range....
Why wouldn't he be? His previous contract was 1 year 950,000. I see no reason to not give him a 5 year 15-20 million dollar deal.

Best Run I've Ever Seen